Smith and Nephew

Smith and Nephew Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learn something new everyday
Surgical Tech (Current Employee), Memphis TnJune 25, 2014
This is a great place to work, It almost remind me of school, you learned something new everyday
Learn something new everyday
Surgical Tech (Current Employee), Memphis TnJune 25, 2014
im a hard worker
Lead clean room assembly/Inspector (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 17, 2014
My typical day at work was i would punch in go to the clean room get dress to start my job. What i have learned at Smith and Newphew is you always have to take pride in your job because we make medical part's for people that go in side there body's. The Management was great my boss was always around to help us with anything we needed. The hardest part – more... of the job was making sure we hit the number's we need at the end of the night because there where such big order's to do. The most in enjoyable part of the night is knowing we make part's for people to help them with there need's – less
Not that great, too large
Exogen Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 20, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: no growth
Smith and Nephew is just too large for any room of growth for new workers. If you have the experience, then it might be a good place to work. If not, I hope your great at brown nosing.
Smith and Nephew-Sales Representitive
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 1, 2014
Pros: Good product and great life/work balance

Cons: Management seems lost, top positions have no interaction with the sales force, pay is considerably less the industry standard
Great place to work with great benefits.
Bio-Medical Designer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
My work day consist of case processing. Ive learned so much about the medical device industry and replacement surgeries. My managers are very supportive and co-workers are as well. The hardest part of my job is learning the terminology. The most enjoyable part of it all is that you have a team with a common skillset.
Good Experience
Independent Contractor / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Andover, MAFebruary 11, 2014
Too Bad this place closed down.
Was fun while it lasted. Worked there for a short period of time
excellent work environment
Maintenance and Facility Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2014
As a Manager I enjoyed my own office. Facility was top notch. In my 8 years I saw the Company grow into a World Class form. I retired in 1998.
Productive experience
Finisher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2013
Pros: fast paced exercise
Cons: work conditioning muscles and nerve damage
As a mass finisher I had the most physically demanding and dirty job in the building. With several processes to keep moving on to it did pass the time rather quickly. It would have been better had I gotten full-time with benefits.
Smith and Nephew
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2013
My typical day at Smith and Nephew was checking parts that the machinist's made. I learned that every part has its own unique quality. My coworkers were awesome and very helpful.
Mandatory
International Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: open door policy with work id.
Cons: not enough help.
It was overall a great experience. It was necessary for my growth.
We had fun.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: small workplace
We had to stand up for long periods of time. We got paid every week. We had long breaks. The building was climax control.
smith and nephew
Material Deployment / Packaging I (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2013
nice company, managment was not so great, many jobs available, must be well connected
great company to work for before NAFTA
Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 7, 2013
Pros: had and incentive program for producing first quality latex gloves
Cons: excellent health care
the company had all of qualities of making you feel safe I was offered a job to move with the company
Sr. ABAP Technical Consultant
Sr. ABAP Consultant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2013
• Developed a Report for the allotment of Reservation for Materials in the stores department to the purchase orders of Purchasing department based on the Quantity Ratio, reservation Quantity, PO quantity to the valid vendors
• Developed a program that prints out the purchase order detail of goods received with PO number posted to GR blocked stock.
 – more... Worked On field Exit for the Data element LIF16 for the Transaction Yxk1 using Program Sapmf02k
• Developed BDC programs using Batch input and Call transaction methods – less
Productive and fun workplace with a gym.
Caster/spooler (Former Employee), West Bend, WIMay 21, 2013
Pros: quiet shift
Cons: moved casting dept to n. carolina
A day at Smith and nephew involved spooling and packaging cast material, labeling and date coding.
I was lead person of a small shift in the casting dept and liked working with my co workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was just me and 2 other people on the shift.
The hardest part of the job was on Fridays when we had to clean the – more... sticky cast material out of the machine and grind parts. – less
Productive workplace helping others
Packager Tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 1, 2013
A typical day on my job is pretty good. I print labels make small boexs for the parts to go in and scan them into the system then move the order on to the next step.
laid off when station was sold
Packaging Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: good job
Cons: laid off when station was sold
I worked in all area of broadcast production including some directing ,studio and live remotes. I enjoyed the people and the excitement of live news events.
Great opportunity with great people
Orthopedic Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2013
I was only an intern for a few weeks, but was enjoyed having my eyes opened to the Marketing and Advertisement skills necessary to compete.
Under paid, great benefits, no work / life balance
Packager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: long hours, little pay, no days off, promises unkept, turn over rate with management and regular employees
Smith and Nephew is a company that is really uplifted by the prvious reputation. The extremely long hours are ridiculous. It is hard to maintain a family and work very long hours ,7 days a week. The management isn't as understanding as previous jobs I have worked. The pay is horrible for the work that is preformed in the package area. I think that the – more... other areas of the job have better consderations than the packaging area. The jobs is not hard at all. It involves very detailed information but can be very easy and simple. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting off at 3:30pm. The turn-over rate for the department is vey high. Management is constanlty moving in and out of the department. The harderst part of the job is the hours. I have learned to appreciate my job and to make sure I pay careful attention to my work and the work that was done before me. – less