SmartCentres is Canada’s largest developer and operator of unenclosed shopping centres. Our more than 200 locations across Canada offer some of the best commercial retail space in the country bringing shoppers the perfect combination of convenience, value and the most popular retail concepts.
Why Work at SmartCentres?
SmartCentres offers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities. To attract and retain talented people, we offer a different and more rewarding employment opportunity than others in our industry.
Employees at SmartCentres can expect:
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- The opportunity to work along some of the most talented commercial real estate professionals
- Competitive rewards and recognition programs
- A culture which values and respects employee needs
- An entrepreneurial environment where employees are encouraged to try new things.
If you are looking for an opportunity where open communication and teamwork is encouraged, and where you will be recognized and respected as an active leader, look no further than SmartCentres.
Reports to: Manager, of IT Infrastructure
Department: Information Technology
Performs, maintains and is responsible for all IT infrastructure, security, operations and system admin duties within the Information Technology and Information Systems Department.
- Successfully completed a post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience within the IT Infrastructure, Operations, Systems Administration and Information Technology field of which three (3) years have been as a lead or 2nd level position;
- Minimum 7 years professional work experience with a proven track record to follow through to achieve results within the Information Technology field of which five (5) years have been as a 2nd level or leader in Infrastructure and Information Technology Operations and Systems Teams;
- Effective organizational and problems solving skills as well as planning for not only prioritizing work activities but also anticipating shifts in priorities;
- Extensive experience in developing and supporting business computer networks, voice networks, architectures, and infrastructures;
- Experience in working with software and systems programming, development and support teams to assist in their IT initiatives;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization;
- Proficient in the use of Excel;
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- In conjunction with and support of the Manager of IT Infrastructure and other peer IT associates, uphold, maintain and adhere to all infrastructure security practices including but not limited to: Servers, Systems, Networks LAN/WAN devices, PC’s, PDA’s, Printers, Applications, Administration, Remote access methods, infrastructures, physical and logical access, email, Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, domain, file, application and database servers, storage devices, SAN devices, data management, configuration, support and administration, all Disaster recovery IT infrastructures, servers, SAN’s and associated equipment, all Virtual Server infrastructures, design, installation, documentation and maintenance and support, and snapshots to ensure high availability;
- Maintain server hardware and software patches, upgrades, and required technical and preventive maintenance activities as needed;
- In conjunction with and support of the Helpdesk Manager create and maintain automated application installations using scripts and other tools;
- Attend to, manage, and complete all associated helpdesk calls in a timely fashion as needed, ensuring that proper resolution and information is captured within the system;
- Ensure ALL change management, incident management, daily checklists, and procedures are followed and that all changes are documented and then archived in the appropriate place;
- Conduct scheduled preventative maintenance on all infrastructure hardware, software and systems
- Ensure that log files are checked daily and archived monthly and maintained to assist in detective security and preventative measures;
- Be the prime support for Lotus Notes Domino servers, and clusters, and MS-Exchange servers and clusters
- Maintain network cabling and hubs, and arrange for installation of new network drops as necessary;
- Ensure Infrastructure hardware and software inventories are current and up to date at all times;
- Installation, configuration, support and maintenance of local networks and VLAN’s with monthly statistical reports;
- Periodic travel to SmartCentres & Calloway satellite offices for installations and technical maintenance;
- Ensure Server virus protection, Anti Spyware and other security applications are up to date and that these updates are being deployed across all three companies’ infrastructures;
- Stay current with new and emerging technologies, including new releases, updates, patches, for Lotus Notes, MS Exchange, Windows 2003, 2008, Anti Virus, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Internet filtering, servers and clients;
- Enforce implemented IT policies;
- Administer, perform, and fully document server backups, restores, and protocols, manage inventory of tapes, check log files daily, and self audit to test procedures to ensure viability of stored historic data on a regular basis;
- Compile/create/maintain infrastructure documentation including network topology, cabling configurations, hardware configurations, server run books etc.;
- Provide after hours support and maintenance when needed;
- Meet and or exceed all support, personal and team specific goals, objectives, tasks as outlined in the yearly review
The IT Infrastructure Analyst must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The IT, Infrastructure Analyst shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The IT Infrastructure Analyst shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The IT Infrastructure Analyst is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
SmartCentres has helped establish some of the biggest names in North American retail in the Canadian marketplace. These companies leverage...