SmartCentres is Canada’s largest developer and operator of unenclosed shopping centres. Our more than 200 locations across Canada offer some of the best commercial retail space in the country bringing shoppers the perfect combination of convenience, value and the most popular retail concepts.
Why Work at SmartCentres?
SmartCentres offers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities. To attract and retain talented people, we offer a different and more rewarding employment opportunity than others in our industry.
Employees at SmartCentres can expect:
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- The opportunity to work along some of the most talented commercial real estate professionals
- Competitive rewards and recognition programs
- A culture which values and respects employee needs
- An entrepreneurial environment where employees are encouraged to try new things.
If you are looking for an opportunity where open communication and teamwork is encouraged, and where you will be recognized and respected as an active leader, look no further than SmartCentres.
Title: Financial Systems Administrator
Reports To: Manager Financial Systems
Department: Information Systems & Technology
Perform, maintain and be responsible for the Development of Financial Systems including the administration and technical aspects of the SmartCentres and Calloway Financial Systems.
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Business Finance or related field.
Qualifications, required skills/Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional work experience within the Financial Systems Administration field of which one (1) year has been as a senior Systems Administrator supporting Yardi Voyager software; or Minimum five (5) years professional work experience in finance with a proven track record to follow through to achieve results within the Financial Systems Support field of which three (3) years have been as an Administrator supporting Yardi Voyager software;
- Exposure to SQL scripting (SQL 2005), Crystal reports V9, VB, Excel 2007, .NET, Financial Accounting applications ie: Yardi Voyager 7, ENTERPRISE or other Web based programs;.
- Working knowledge of Yardi database tables and schema;
- GAAP for Real Estate Industry – Property Management and Construction Development;
- Effective organizational and problems solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization;
- Experience working with software and systems programmers, developing scripted reporting functions for the financial system to assist accounting teams in their initiatives;
- Knowledgeable in proper protocol for security practices of a public company, maintain segregation of duties, proper documentation and audit requirements and privacy rules.
The duties and responsibilities for this area include but are not limited to the following:
- In conjunction with corporate standards and the Financial Systems Manager, uphold, maintain and adhere to all security practices including but not limited to: Financial Systems, Systems and Report Development and support methods and infrastructures;
- Provide helpdesk support to all users to: Receive /Track / Troubleshoot / Monitor / Report / Escalate / Resolve issues on all problems, bugs, fixes, and upgrades that have been reported by our users. Using the Track-it software as a tool, monitor all support requests from the organization as well as using it to track support issues reported to Yardi Client Services.;
- Responsible for system administration of: user security (group / menu /permissions), portfolio security, system dashboards, workflows, custom report updates to menu and other administrator functions in a multiple server environment;
- Develop and deliver training for the Yardi system(s) to both users in the accounting group and other departments within the company;
- Provide development support – Identify new uses for the Yardi system. Testing new modules for suitability in our environment and expanding functionality of existing modules;
- Assist in the build, peer review and testing of all Yardi reports in development environment and preparing change control to promote to production;
- Manage documentation for team. ie: Change control - coordinating change requests, ensuring proper documentation is assembled to submit for approval and electronically file as required for audit;
- Assist in establishing and documenting procedure manuals and policies for the Yardi system;
- Provide a general level of support to the Company in regards to Yardi. Be a consultant, advisor and trouble-shooter;
- Assist in developing and supporting other systems solutions and reports (i.e. solutions outside of Yardi systems);
- Develop operations manuals and procedures guidebooks, for the purposes of documenting processes;
- Other projects as required.
The Financial Systems Administrator must be client focused. The Financial Systems Administrator shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Financial Systems Administrator shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Financial Systems Administrator is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of receiving input, sharing ideas, and working to achieve a common goal.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
SmartCentres has helped establish some of the biggest names in North American retail in the Canadian marketplace. These companies leverage...