SMART Technologies

SMART Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced and Multiple Experiences
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: changing staff
Fast Paced and Multiple Experiences.

A lot was learned

Hardest to cope with changes, but challenging
Extremely interesting product, bad management
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: love smart products
Cons: priorities of management changes 5 times a day
Extremely interesting product, lot of nice people, but general organization of development process is extremely messy.
Dealing with CM is ineffective.
Interesting. Enjoy being part of a team who build interactive whiteboards that help children with learning disabilities.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work 1/2 hour extra a day and get a day off a month
Cons: head quarters have decided to close the otttawa office, letting go 80 people
A typical day at SMART is exciting. Learned more on how the Interactive White Boards are made and work. I am proud to be an employee at SMART.
It is gratifying to hear from Educational Customers who have been able to give Autistic Children an easier way to learn and collaborate with their peers in class.
Fast paced working environment
Production Leader (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Hard working employees in a fast paced environment with excellent hours. SMART Tech did alot of outside activities for the employees
Great place to work with good friends and managers
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: many staff events, great co workers
Cons: stressful at times
- Tested software and hard ware daily.
- Test lead project
- Learned how to be a good team player
- Learned how to troubleshoot fast and effectively
- Learned new technical skills
- Had a very approachable management team
- Coworkers were hard working and very friendly
- Hardest part of the job was going through company reconstruction
- Most enjoyable – more... part of the job was seeing a great product being released – less
Whooho raise 5 months late....and Whohooo just over 2%
Testing & Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Pros: all the good pjm and pm left alrady.
Cons: i happend to be there.
It was a pretty good community, I was working with, always top of the quality. All of sudden the quality is no longer where it was.

The leaders keep saying The 3 On's, apparently that is not the case as the PjM' and PMs are pushing sub par quality software.

Never before have i had so many bugs deferred, than this year.

Let see how they will do with – more... unbound spaces (but full of bugs) we deffer!!!!! – less
Internship
Software Developer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2013
As an intern, I have learned more about practical software development.
A typical day at work, for me:
Customs, Import and Export Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Kanata, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: very friendly office environment; good products, good food in the cafeteria, free beverages.
Cons: re-structuring is a necessity in order to prosper, my position was eliminated due to the last re-structuring.
The word typical doesn't apply to SMART Technologies because this organization is ever moving and evolving in a very positive way.

My tasks, although at times repetitive, were always challenging and that is something I managed with pride and good work ethics.

I learned something new every day. Whether it was about cultures, new Customs regulations – more... or simply about shipping lanes, there is always something new to discover. This made my day interesting and enjoyable.

The SMART Technologies global teams were always there to lend a hand when required or appreciative of my assistance to them. We were a team.

I wouldn't say that there were hard parts to the job, merely challenges, such as time zones and having the capability of reaching contacts abroad.

The most enjoyable part of this position was being able to say that I had done a good job that day, confident that our customers were satisfied and that I had contributed to the success of the company. – less
SMART is a good place to start a career
Senior Project Support Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2013
SMART is a good place to start a career. I learned a lot about people, technology, and customer service. The hardest part about the position was that it required me to handle extremely difficult situations. The people I worked with were awesome.
Looking to finish work to go home
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Kanata, ONAugust 7, 2013
Pros: company profit sharing
Cons: overtime
You must meet your quota everyday

Not to sleep on the job. Pay attention to the

Details of your finished products.

My co-workers sucks!
High turn over rate and not a place for me.
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), Calgayr, ABJuly 11, 2013
Pros: my team was the best
Cons: felt like i was being watched at all times
Direct supervisor and team were awesome to be around and get along with however too many politics. Founders of the company seem like micro managers and are scolding employees all the time. Constant bickering between managers and employees in other departments and lack of communictions in company.
Productive workplace, co-workers are all very hard working and nice to work with
Senior NPI Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers are generally nice people
Cons: long hours and low job security
Working at Smart is very challenging. However, people are generally hardworking and nice to work with. You will have to work long hours and the salary is generally lower than other Calgary companies. You also have to face uncertainty that you maybe layoff anytime.
A great place to work and learn
ECOSYSTEM SPECIALIST - EDUCATION (Current Employee), CalgaryMay 1, 2013
Pros: professional working environment
Cons: is not my favourite industry
Overall, I really enjoy working at SMART Technologies. It has unique corporate culture, cutting edge technologies and reliable products.
In my day to day work, I manage relationships with partner; I manage different programs and projects; work closely with my co-workers and learn from them. I really like my manager, and his manage style.

The hardest – more... part about my job is: I do not have any technical background.
Yes, I am fine with learning database administration, website updates, and IT products, but i do not have much passionate on IT industry, that is way I am looking for a job in a different industry.

I enjoy how dynamic my job is. I manage different program, participate in trade shows and conferences, help with website design, and create marketing promotional materials. – less
Great cult(ure) but don't expect anything else
Web Developer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2013
Pros: peers (if any are still there), job security
Cons: salary, advancement, poor managment, no direction, no future outlook
Used to be a great place to work until the business went public. Currently plagued with clueless managers and kiss-butt employees. Stay clear of this place or add it to your resume for experience.
Lot of Layoffs
Training Specialist II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2013
SMART recently let go 25% of their staff. The market for Interactive Whiteboards is sluggush at best. The best part of the job was traveling to different locations.
Great place but currently restructuring
Team Lead, Technical Training (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: conveniently located
Cons: parking is an issue, currently going through a restructuring
Conveniently located in Calgary
Great people to work with
Great Customer base
not in a good state
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 17, 2012
there are ways for it to be better. but I have no voice. It is probably getting better, but I can't wait.
Productive and a wonderful work place for team work
Assembler (Former Employee), Kanata, ONDecember 7, 2012
Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of learned skils
Give a positive and significant impact on the success
Perfom the quality and quantity work

The reason I left the company is shortage of work.
I am still miss these days I worked with Smart.
I am just a normal assembler. (Former Employee), 501 Palladium Dr, Ottawa, ONOctober 11, 2012
Pros: usually when i worked at smart had a free lunch
Cons: sometime i am not feel working long hours maybe because i have fun when i worked at smart tech.
The most wonderful days working at Smart Tech now only in my memories. I feel sad and bad when I am not working at this place anymore.
Good pay for what you do.
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good pay for what we did.
Cons: no job security in manufacturing.
From a manufacturing perspective there is no future with this company.

About SMART Technologies

SMART Technologies Inc. is both the industry pioneer and global education market leader in easy-to-use interactive whiteboards – Read more