SMART Technologies

SMART Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people, salary, benefits
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2015
Pros: People, people, people, location, benefits
Cons: Keep up the great work! I've worked for some of the corporate technical super-giants!
I worked at SMART Technologies full-time.Great people, salary, benefits, and I loved working there.
I'd always felt as if there had to be a place that would value my unique style, quick wit, boisterous laugh and zest for all things creative. A place that would understand when you're spending copious amounts of time in one place, you need some form of release to break up the monotony. It seems like I had finally found the nook "to hang my hat." People often forget that we're at work more than we're with our friends, family and significant others. Work should be a place that when we wake up in the morning we are happy to be getting out of bed and preparing for. It was for me to work at Smart Technologies!
Good Products Lack Management
Senior Channel Account Director, West (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Good Products
Cons: Management
SMART is in a good potential marketplace, but lack management who understand the basics of running a business or how to penetrate a market.
Good group of people
System Validation (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 24, 2015
Good job to have, fun work place and great environment. New technology that is fun to play with, great location and great team of people to work with.
Challenging environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 16, 2015
Pros: Hardworking people
Cons: Company seems lost and confused about their direction
Challenging environment with a lot of changes. Company seems to be confused about the direction they should be going. There is a lot of trial and error and changes being made with the hope that everything will work out.
Worked with really great people
Server Analyst (Current Employee), calgaryApril 17, 2015
Pros: Boss, Co-workers
Cons: CEO's poor managment driving the company into the ground
All in all i enjoyed my time there, great Boss and my co workers were fantastic. Unique Culture with alot of funtimes. Sadly the powers that be don't know where they are taking the company and its suffering.
SMART is full of great people and cool products.
Senior Systems Validation Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours allow for a great work / life balance
Cons: bloated management structure reduces workplace efficiency, no foucs on promoting from within.
Overall a very comfortable place to work. The corporate culture is morphing into one with a lot of positive energy. Tons of technology in meeting spaces promotes effective collaboration opportunities.
Amazing technology and Creative clients
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2015
SMART Technologies is an interesting place to work. The technology they produce for the education market is amazing and world class. Teachers and educators use the interactive technologies SMART produces in ways one never thought imaginable. Speaking with these people and telling their stories was my favorite part of working at SMART Technologies.

The company is currently experiencing some growing pains after the last recession. The new President has a good vision of where to take the company but is still working on ironing out the kinks with middle management. As a result it is not the most stable company to work for at the present time.

All this being said the people who work there are great and the company culture was improving.
It was a good company to work for
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
It was a good company to work for. they moved production to mexico and this affected our office here in Ottawa
Very good compnay
Technical Support Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary ABOctober 10, 2014
It allowed me to gain Canadian experiece and know about the fabulous SMART products
good working place
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Ottawa,ON.September 28, 2014
good working place. nice co-worker. working on line was fun
a great Canadian company
Customs and Export Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Kanata, ONSeptember 23, 2014
The products are wonderful, the teams are very friendly and the management style is pleasant.
I learned a lot about manufacturing, exports and guidelines.
Great product ideas, lack of direction
Project Manager (Former Employee), Kanata, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good benefit package, excellent coworkers
Cons: no work life balance
Great employees, very professional and dedicated team of people.
Excellent product ideas, it was great being part of a team that changed the way children learn in the classrooms and the way people interact from remote locations.
In the past 3 years management lacked direction.
Even though you get a great vacation package, it is hard to get away from work while you are expected to work evenings and weekends and be on call 24/7.
Fast Paced and Multiple Experiences
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: changing staff
Fast Paced and Multiple Experiences.

A lot was learned

Hardest to cope with changes, but challenging
Extremely interesting product, bad management
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: love smart products
Cons: priorities of management changes 5 times a day
Extremely interesting product, lot of nice people, but general organization of development process is extremely messy.
Dealing with CM is ineffective.
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2014
Pros: vacations days
Cons: located out of downtown core
I really enjoyed to work at SMART.
Not safe right now; company still facing changes.
Interesting. Enjoy being part of a team who build interactive whiteboards that help children with learning disabilities.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work 1/2 hour extra a day and get a day off a month
Cons: head quarters have decided to close the otttawa office, letting go 80 people
A typical day at SMART is exciting. Learned more on how the Interactive White Boards are made and work. I am proud to be an employee at SMART.
It is gratifying to hear from Educational Customers who have been able to give Autistic Children an easier way to learn and collaborate with their peers in class.
Fast paced working environment
Production Leader (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Hard working employees in a fast paced environment with excellent hours. SMART Tech did alot of outside activities for the employees
Great place to work with good friends and managers
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: many staff events, great co workers
Cons: stressful at times
- Tested software and hard ware daily.
- Test lead project
- Learned how to be a good team player
- Learned how to troubleshoot fast and effectively
- Learned new technical skills
- Had a very approachable management team
- Coworkers were hard working and very friendly
- Hardest part of the job was going through company reconstruction
- Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a great product being released
Whooho raise 5 months late....and Whohooo just over 2%
Testing & Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Pros: all the good pjm and pm left alrady.
Cons: i happend to be there.
It was a pretty good community, I was working with, always top of the quality. All of sudden the quality is no longer where it was.

The leaders keep saying The 3 On's, apparently that is not the case as the PjM' and PMs are pushing sub par quality software.

Never before have i had so many bugs deferred, than this year.

Let see how they will do with unbound spaces (but full of bugs) we deffer!!!!!
Internship
Software Developer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2013
As an intern, I have learned more about practical software development.

About SMART Technologies

SMART Technologies Inc. is both the industry pioneer and global education market leader in easy-to-use interactive whiteboards – Read more