SMART Technologies Employee Review

View all SMART Technologies reviews

A typical day at work, for me:
Customs, Import and Export Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 November 2013
The word typical doesn't apply to SMART Technologies because this organization is ever moving and evolving in a very positive way.

My tasks, although at times repetitive, were always challenging and that is something I managed with pride and good work ethics.

I learned something new every day. Whether it was about cultures, new Customs regulations or simply about shipping lanes, there is always something new to discover. This made my day interesting and enjoyable.

The SMART Technologies global teams were always there to lend a hand when required or appreciative of my assistance to them. We were a team.

I wouldn't say that there were hard parts to the job, merely challenges, such as time zones and having the capability of reaching contacts abroad.

The most enjoyable part of this position was being able to say that I had done a good job that day, confident that our customers were satisfied and that I had contributed to the success of the company.
Pros
Very friendly office environment; good products, good food in the cafeteria, free beverages.
Cons
Re-structuring is a necessity in order to prosper, my position was eliminated due to the last re-structuring.

Other SMART Technologies Employee Reviews

Great base product lacked vision
Education Services, Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
Smart Boards are a brilliant product. Unfortunately SMART wasn't able to build on this product's success or develop the ecosystem around it to increase their success.
Pros
Convenient location and nice office furniture
Cons
Poor people management and politics.
Opinions on current workplace
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 December 2017
My typical day sees me taking international calls pertaining to software/hardware related issues. I have used the opportunity to continue to expand my technical expertise as well as further develop on my customer service skills.