SMART STYLE

SMART STYLE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), kelowna b.c.April 19, 2013
was a fun place to work i enjoyed working there it was a great learning place i learned alot there. the hardest part was waiting for other customers. the coworkers were nice and we all got along.
productive and fun work place.
hair salon (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough employees
i learned alot from working in this profession. My coworkers were a privellage to work with i truly enjoyed my experice.
Entergetic
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Thomasville, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the enviroment
Cons: part-time
Its a nice place to work if looking for part time work. Co-workers are to work with, we all get alone and help each other out.
A more fast paced environment with advancment oppertunities.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Woodland Park, COSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: schedule not as flexable
A typical day at work was opening or closing the salon. Taking in walk-ins and performing a variety of hair procedures such as cuts, colors, perms, and finishing styles. Demonstrating hair care products to educate and sell to customers. Processing payment transactions. I learned to get things done faster while also manageing phone calls and retail transactions. – more... Management needed improvment but was very good on the customer side of things which was inspiring. Most of my co-workers where easy to work with exept the ones that didn't last very long. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a higher turn over rate for other stylist and manageing my own clentel that was more appointment based in this walk-in based salon. The most enjoyable part of this job was a broader variety in clientel and product lines. – less
Good Start
Stylist (Former Employee), Auburn, NYAugust 22, 2014
Great place to cut your teeth if just starting out with it's built in customer base. Corporate management treats you like a number and not a person tho. No benefits.
Fun place to work
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee), Linton, INAugust 21, 2014
Management and the entire work environment was great. I loved everyone that I worked with.
They were awesome to work for
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Dexter, MOJuly 17, 2014
If I had the change I would go back to work for Smart Style,except for my husband talked me into quitting and going on the road with him and when I did the next week he brought me back home and asked me for a divorce,so im now looking for another job and they already filled my position when I tried to get my job back.
Happy coworkers who were fun to work with
Stylist (Former Employee), Ontario, ORJuly 10, 2014
Pros: hourly pay
Cons: later evening shifts, expensive healthcare
Met a lot of people every day which was wonderful. Great goal oriented manager who was encouraging to make personal goals. Not as much hands on new technique classes were given like we were suppose to have. Began to feel my work was not valued as much when it came to customer based needs because most just needed it done quickly and at a cheaper price.
Great salon
Stylist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaJune 30, 2014
This salon was my first salon. It gave me great experience. My coworkers were wonderful women. I learned from my manager all the things I needed for when I became a manager.
Was a Waste of Time
stylist in Bushnell (Former Employee), Bushnell, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: horrible training, management could be way better
A typical day included waiting on random people to walk in and styling. I learned nothing new then what school taught me. Management was horrible, I had a manager who threw a bunch of papers in my face , didnt teach me about there products, or about the rules of the salon, wasnt trained at all and then was I fired because I didnt know the rules... the – more... manager didnt even call me back in to pick up my last check, and when I came in she didnt even speak she had another stylist to give me everything. My coworkers however were amazing, they were super kind, professional at all times and were great with keeping me up with things. The hardest part was closing the store and making deposits. The most enjoyable part was you can relax on your downtime. – less
fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee), Litchfield IlJune 18, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: closing every saturday night
Wonderful place to work, I learned how to handle difficult customers, my manager is very helpful when I need advice. My co-workers are more like family now, the hardest part of my job would have to be when someone comes in unhappy or yelling at me. The most enjoyable part of my job is everyday when someone leave my chair feeling beautiful.
work
INTERN/STYLIST (Former Employee), Suffolk, VaJune 8, 2014
Was not bad. Got my foot in the door to be a stylist but the management was not very organized making my learning experience some what challenging.
Love the industry hated working for commission
stylist (Former Employee), North richland hills TxJune 2, 2014
Pros: fun people
Cons: pay grade
Working on commission is very hard to live on. you never know how much money you will be taking home or if your bills will be paid.
You can not grow with this company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: good for just coming out of school
Cons: wages, raise and growth
you only make minimmum wage they do not to raises it is hard for you to make commission ..Managers only make a dollar more ... Management does not look out for there team...
kept busy
Stylist (Former Employee), Ionia, MIMay 27, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers and customers, and free classes.
Cons: not that busy.
If there were no clients, you cleaned, filled shelves, and could learn new techniques on DVD's. We got free training on new things. I loved when we had clients!! I would say the hardest part was not having clients and getting bored.
Not a great balance
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Peoria, AZMay 21, 2014
Pros: somewhat flexible work schedule
Cons: managemant
Hours and schedules are fairly flexible. Management was very unprofessional. The company and management did not allow much for family and personal time. The salon was slow paced despite being inside and busy business.
Don't wast your time
Stylist (Former Employee), Wauseon, OHMay 9, 2014
I'm not sure what's worse, the pay or the managers (store level and upper). The pay is practically nonexistent, along with the benefits. Since I worked off commission, a raise was out of the question. I just had to work longer and harder. The area supervisor is trashy and unprofessional as is the salon manager. There is no work/life balance. This corporation – more... just sucks. They bully the employees because there's always some other sucker out there fresh out of beauty school or some 20 year veteran that could never do hair in the first place. – less
Challenging and exciting career with clients and staff
Manager- Licensed Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Decatur, IlApril 24, 2014
Pros: working daily with others, my staff, good pay
Cons: no availability for family on weekends
A usual day at work would consist of servicing clients,answering phones, cycle counts for inventory, auditing books, assisting staff, inventory orders, scheduling, filing paperwork, updating clients profiles, updating our web MY 4dx
I learned how to effectively manager several tasks as well as service clients and manager seven employees.
I loved management – more... we met and exceeded our goals regularly.
My coworkers and I have a wonderful relationship. They are amazing girls and always go above and beyond the call of duty for me
The hardest part of my job is scheduling but I am always fair and try to please as much as possible
The most enjoyable is my clients I am very outgoing and almost always make it easy to talk to me. I have been told I am very pleasant to be around – less
loved my job
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), magee msApril 23, 2014
Pros: doing hair
Cons: pay
district managers could be a pain
manger was good
did not like schedule to much
pay sucks
good pay
Manager (Former Employee), Newark, OhioApril 17, 2014
not well organized and not managed properly. the customers were varied and work was steady.

1 2 3 4 5