SMART STYLE

SMART STYLE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun work place.
hair salon (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough employees
i learned alot from working in this profession. My coworkers were a privellage to work with i truly enjoyed my experice.
good pay
Manager (Former Employee), Newark, OhioApril 17, 2014
not well organized and not managed properly. the customers were varied and work was steady.
I really ejoy working there i enjoyed my clients the most and my employees
hairstlyist (Former Employee), Batesburg-Leesville, SCApril 15, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: short breaks
I cleaned my work area and made sure my station was well stocked and appropriate for my clients and manager
productive was a fun envoirment to work in
Hairstylist (Former Employee), oklahoma city okApril 12, 2014
Pros: a fun enviorment
Cons: standing all day
loved the people I worked with. great learning experience. the manager was wonderful. The hardest part was standing all day
Wasn't my favorite
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Town of Chili, NYApril 11, 2014
Can be very long hours with no clients, slow at times, working with all females can be difficult generally, at times the staff seemed 'cliquey'. The pay wasn't ideal, commission but not all of what we earned or deserved.
fun place to work
Stylist (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNMarch 30, 2014
Pros: can be lively
Cons: some days are slow
it is a great place to start out when you first become a stylist. Help is all around you.
Decent place to start out
Stylist (Former Employee), Fowlerville, MIMarch 28, 2014
Willing to train a little so you can gain more knowledge of techniques. Mostly beneficial for upper management. Very little pay for the little people.
Great if you have no aspirations for a future
Stylist (Former Employee), Terrell, TXMarch 7, 2014
Pros: it is a job
Cons: little to no breaks, no education, no advancement
I started here with the promise of education and benefits. I could never get off to attend classes on my own and they would not let me attend in house classes because this location did not have enough staff which they refused to hire.
I watched my manager cry as the sdl yelled at her on the phone because she asked for additional help because she was – more... not trained in procedures and if she asked how to do something with another manager as they were instructed to do at "team building" meetings the managers that had the training would lie and say they never received the information not helping those who did not understand the paperwork because the sdl didnt come to their store and show them, yet suddenly on the phone conference the next day would have the paperwork done correctly leaving their team members to be written up for not having it done because they didnt call the others for help when they did.
It was insane and only got worse from there. I have morals and everything they did went against how I was raised and company written policy. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Apprentice (Former Employee), ALMarch 4, 2014
Meet and greet customers
§  Stocking product
§  Welcoming and prepping clients for services
Not What I was looking for
Stylist (Current Employee), Patterson, CAFebruary 23, 2014
Cons: no scheduled shifts
finding people to show product to, how to up sale, not always having meetings
very enjoyable place to work
Stylist (Former Employee), Norton, VAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: so many employees willing to help
Cons: cutting mullets when i knew they would but you do what the customer wants
great place to work, people always there if needed. I had just gotten out of hair school and it helped me learn how to be a better stylist.
Not a good place to start.
Stylist (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCFebruary 17, 2014
You don't learn much and well, its the people of Wal Mart your dealing with.
same as sport clips
Hair Stylist/coloring/cutting/waxing (Former Employee), Miami, OKFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great clients
Cons: management skills
client satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was that our manager always left early so we would have to do managers job and not get managers pay
Smart Style
Stylist (Former Employee), Union SCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: putting a smile on faces
Cons: picky
My job as a stylist was to do whatever the customer had in mind for the hair. This was important because I feel if your hair is beautiful then you are. Seeing someone light up over the work on there hair I done was priceless.
Good to start in the hair industry
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Burlington, IAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: pay not great
This is a great company if you are looking to get started in the hair industry, but if you are experienced professional, they will not pay you your worth. They have one of the least competitive pay scales in the industry. The people whom work here are great but there is not enough business to earn a decent living.
The clients were amazing
Manager/ Stylist (Former Employee), Springfield OhioDecember 31, 2013
Pros: terrible benefits
Cons: no holidays off
My typical day was always new and exciting. Every client wanted something different.
Bad work and life balance but good job security.
Cosmetologist Manager (Former Employee), Sand Springs, OKDecember 18, 2013
Typical work day: Busy cleaning shelves, unloading and pricing retail, working on clients.
What I've Learned: They send you to classes and you have a DvD class every month.
Management: Depends on the person some managers are good some you think how the heck did you get this job.
Co-workers: really depends on the people they hire
Most enjoyable part: – more... Everyone works together. – less
Fun
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSDecember 16, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: no weekends off
Loved making people look their best. I learned how to styled all race. Management was ok. Co workers were fun. Hardest part was leaving my clients. I enjoyed the clients..
Being presented with new challenges and finding ways to overcome them.
Beautician/Stylist (Former Employee), North Smithfield, RIDecember 10, 2013
Pros: helping others is my passion, learning new techniques are far as remembering information, using the cash register, and different products.
Cons: expensive healthcare, not much structure, and lunch breaks were short.
A typical day at work consisted of inventory, customer service, and great communication. On slow days we counted, cleaned, and stocked products. When we had busy days the other employees and I would accommodate each client. Listening and communicating to figure out what services the client wants and using your professional knowledge to give advice.
I – more... learned many things working at Smart Style. I learned how to see everyone as a potential client and speak to them as such. Others respond better when being addressed in a professional manner.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the clients who blamed you for the return policy or the prices on products rather than the company itself.
The most enjoyable part of the job was turning your clients chair around and the look on their faces when they see themselves for the first time. Watching them leave with confidence and feeling beautiful was the most amazing feeling. – less
Stylist (Former Employee), Boaz, ALDecember 9, 2013
Great co-workers and staff and creats new learning experiences.

1 2 3 4 5