SMART STYLE

SMART STYLE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Like the customers
Hairstylist at Regis (Current Employee), AbbotsfordSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: bennefits
Cons: not busy enough
Like making customers feel good.
Like cutting hair and styling.
Relaxed environment.
fun place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), kelowna b.c.April 19, 2013
was a fun place to work i enjoyed working there it was a great learning place i learned alot there. the hardest part was waiting for other customers. the coworkers were nice and we all got along.
productive and fun work place.
hair salon (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough employees
i learned alot from working in this profession. My coworkers were a privellage to work with i truly enjoyed my experice.
very high turnover
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), evansville, inNovember 14, 2014
Pros: provide equipment
Cons: benefits
good place to start out and build clientale
usually had busy days but had lots of downtime
Productive and fun workplace
Stylist (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 12, 2014
As a stylist here I have gained more experience in clerical work, retail sales, and customer service. Daily I signed guest in from previous information entered or create a new profile for new guest. I will then service the client with their desired hairstyle.
The environment and people I worked for and with are very nice people and try to be cooperative. – more... This job is a good start for beginning stylist. – less
Do not listen to their bs.
Stylist (Former Employee), Signal Mountain, TNNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free services
Cons: lack of clients
You will not make above minimum wage, and they constantly change how you can earn commission.
wonder place to start at
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Whiteville, NCNovember 6, 2014
smart style is a great place to start when you are fresh out of school.
Fun place to work excellent hour great benefits.
COSMETOLOGIST (Former Employee), Orlando FLOctober 28, 2014
Great work environment, flexible hours, very compassionate people to work with, easy going pace days at work.
Produtive and exciting place of work.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits and deceit pay.
Cons: short staff at times
Smartstyle is a good company to be employed with. Smartstyle really gave me a good jump start in my cosmetology career; it was the first salon I worked for.
Not a great place to work.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Greenfield, INSeptember 17, 2014
If you want to be slow and in do nothing and work alone then this is the job for you nine times out of ten you sit and do nothing all day long and work till nine at night by yourself with no customer interaction and they want you to be off the clock not getting paid for the hours your not doing anything when your already not making any money at all – more... because they don't like to pay anything in the first place their pay-scale is not worth applying for. – less
Entergetic
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Thomasville, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the enviroment
Cons: part-time
Its a nice place to work if looking for part time work. Co-workers are to work with, we all get alone and help each other out.
A more fast paced environment with advancment oppertunities.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Woodland Park, COSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: schedule not as flexable
A typical day at work was opening or closing the salon. Taking in walk-ins and performing a variety of hair procedures such as cuts, colors, perms, and finishing styles. Demonstrating hair care products to educate and sell to customers. Processing payment transactions. I learned to get things done faster while also manageing phone calls and retail transactions. – more... Management needed improvment but was very good on the customer side of things which was inspiring. Most of my co-workers where easy to work with exept the ones that didn't last very long. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a higher turn over rate for other stylist and manageing my own clentel that was more appointment based in this walk-in based salon. The most enjoyable part of this job was a broader variety in clientel and product lines. – less
Good Start
Stylist (Former Employee), Auburn, NYAugust 22, 2014
Great place to cut your teeth if just starting out with it's built in customer base. Corporate management treats you like a number and not a person tho. No benefits.
Fun place to work
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee), Linton, INAugust 21, 2014
Management and the entire work environment was great. I loved everyone that I worked with.
They were awesome to work for
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Dexter, MOJuly 17, 2014
If I had the change I would go back to work for Smart Style,except for my husband talked me into quitting and going on the road with him and when I did the next week he brought me back home and asked me for a divorce,so im now looking for another job and they already filled my position when I tried to get my job back.
Happy coworkers who were fun to work with
Stylist (Former Employee), Ontario, ORJuly 10, 2014
Pros: hourly pay
Cons: later evening shifts, expensive healthcare
Met a lot of people every day which was wonderful. Great goal oriented manager who was encouraging to make personal goals. Not as much hands on new technique classes were given like we were suppose to have. Began to feel my work was not valued as much when it came to customer based needs because most just needed it done quickly and at a cheaper price.
Great salon
Stylist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaJune 30, 2014
This salon was my first salon. It gave me great experience. My coworkers were wonderful women. I learned from my manager all the things I needed for when I became a manager.
Was a Waste of Time
stylist in Bushnell (Former Employee), Bushnell, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: horrible training, management could be way better
A typical day included waiting on random people to walk in and styling. I learned nothing new then what school taught me. Management was horrible, I had a manager who threw a bunch of papers in my face , didnt teach me about there products, or about the rules of the salon, wasnt trained at all and then was I fired because I didnt know the rules... the – more... manager didnt even call me back in to pick up my last check, and when I came in she didnt even speak she had another stylist to give me everything. My coworkers however were amazing, they were super kind, professional at all times and were great with keeping me up with things. The hardest part was closing the store and making deposits. The most enjoyable part was you can relax on your downtime. – less
fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee), Litchfield IlJune 18, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: closing every saturday night
Wonderful place to work, I learned how to handle difficult customers, my manager is very helpful when I need advice. My co-workers are more like family now, the hardest part of my job would have to be when someone comes in unhappy or yelling at me. The most enjoyable part of my job is everyday when someone leave my chair feeling beautiful.
work
INTERN/STYLIST (Former Employee), Suffolk, VaJune 8, 2014
Was not bad. Got my foot in the door to be a stylist but the management was not very organized making my learning experience some what challenging.

1 2 3 4 5