Smart Style Family Hair Salon

Smart Style Family Hair Salon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy and Productive Work Environment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZFebruary 6, 2015
A typical workday included providing the needed services for customers as well as selling products. It was a great learning experience considering at the time I was fresh out of school. We maintained a professional work environment and built great relationships with our clients as well as our fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the low customer count; however, it was a fun productive learning experience.
a very productive workplace
cosmetologist (Former Employee), chesapeake,vaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good tips, manager worked around your schedule, great learning experience
Cons: not enough money, understaffed
a typical work day would include clocking in doing towels checking clients in and servicing them. Also it would include stocking products, taking callls and keeping a nice neat and safe enviroment for clients as well as staff members. My co-workers were very helpful and knowledgable when it comes to hair, they were also good team players,we all helped and respected each other. The hardest part of the job would be multi-tasking when I would be the only worker in the salon. The easiest part would have been dealing with the customers and helping them with what they needed
Fun salon with caring stylists
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day all depended on the customers. There were days were i was bored out of my mind, and there were days where I barely had time to run to the restroom, it just depends on area and time of year. I enjoyed working here because I had the oppurtunity to meet amazing people, and make them feel beautiful. I also had the oppurtunity to learn new techniques from other stylists. Unfortunately when I was there, the compensation or benefits were not great.
Poor attitude
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 7, 2014
Pros: walmart
Cons: everything
I did not like being the only person with respect for my clients as well as my co-workers. I was the only one maintaining cleanliness and doing the laundry. It was filty when I would come back to work after a day off and it got to be like I was a housekeeper and not a stylist.
fast paced work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSJune 25, 2014
Pros: easy to build clientele
Cons: short breaks, constant rule changes
It was highly enjoyable aside from the ever changing rules.
Great Workplace!
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Smithfield, RINovember 28, 2013
Pros: a great team
I have a great work team who are always willing to help eachother out to get the job done. We are all very hard workers, and going to work is fun for us. I would like to advance myself in this company, and I believe I have great skills for management.
Productive place to work
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Montrose, CONovember 20, 2013
Check people in and out for reservations for hotel and set up breakfast,clean kitchen and then cleaned rooms daily,did laundry.I learned how to check in and check people out for rooms. I like to clean.
average
Stylist (Former Employee), Rochester, NHAugust 30, 2013
good place to acquire return clients due to its a walk in salon. a wide variey of prices for the variety of services.
Great place to start out your cosmetology career
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 18, 2013
Pros: located right in walmart
Cons: always felt uncomfortable
I loved getting the chance to work with hair. I loved the clientel I obtained while I was employed here. I think it could of been managed better. I did not appreciate the derogatory comments about an ethnic group exchanged by the workers and the manager. The hardest part of this job was to keep professional while others were being very unprofessional.
Start out
Stylist (Former Employee), Princeton, INMay 27, 2013
The company as a whole was a very good company to work for. I wish that it could have been busier but like all salons they have a slow season. The most enjoyable part was to get to do what I love.
Fast pace work environment.
Stylist/ Manager (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: free haircare products, training and knowledge classes.
Cons: short breaks, and sometimes no break.
Cusomer service was very important in working with this company. I learned that if you don't take care of your customers, someone else will. I learned great customer skills with this company. Management was always changing, and untrained. We would have to train them when they was hired. After going through several managers, i was offered the position that i held for 2 years. Co-workers was an enjoyment to work with. They made my job a little easier by doing their jobs. The hardest part of the job, was working on schelduled days off. The most enjoyabole part of the job was interacting with customers and hearing some of their stories about their life.
great experience
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 16, 2013
I typical work day was steady can sometimes get extremely busy. I learned from this job ways to multitask and be effective. Management Could have been better simple because some task made it hard to find find time to be personable with customers and fellow co-workers. i have had a very eclectic group of co-workers. the hardest part of the job was trying to sell the business. I loved my clients and making sure they enjoyed the experience and left satisfied everytime.
Good for just getting out of school
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2012
Pros: convenient to shop in walmart and you get to work by yourself a lot
Cons: minimum wage, no restroom, untalented manager/coworkers
This place has such a high turnover rate because they treat their employers like trash. They should be ashamed of themselves only paying minimum wage for all the schooling we went through. No bathroom, no loyalty-you give up the fun in your life for nothing.
not a good place to work but great enviorment to meet new people and network
Stylist (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNOctober 3, 2012
Pros: doing what i love, meeting new people, learning new things
Cons: short breaks, short staff, bad management, high turnover rate
great enviorment to meet new people and learn new things
learnd great customer service skills and masterd them as well
dealin with rude customers was the hardest
most enjoyable part doing what i love to do hair
management was horrible
Love the military
Acting Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2012
great work environment, couldnt ask for a better career. if i had to do all over again i would not have got out
Great place to start out being a hairstylist
Hairstylist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOAugust 9, 2012
Pros: learned alot here, located inside walmart so everything is very convenient
Cons: shortbreaks, breathing in hair chemicals, long working days on your feet
Typical day of work: Front receptionist- meeting and greeting people, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, cash register/computer.
Hairdressing- cutting, coloring, perming, and styling hair. Waxing eyebrows.
Cleaning to strict health and hygeine regulations.
What I learned: The manager here taught me alot about sales and administration, day to day running of salon, how to be confident and assertive, about inventory and shipments, etc..
Management: Excellent
Coworkers: I got along well with everyone, we had a good time
Hardest part of my job: long days
Most enjoyable part of the job: My customers
poor management
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Fort Wright, KYJune 4, 2012
Pros: good for building clientel
Cons: extremely poor management
Not worth what you are paid to deal with the poor management. tons of jealousy. Not a good place to work if you aree new and get intimindated quickly. management starts alot of drama and lies alot.
Fun Place to work
stylist and manager (Former Employee), philadelphia, msJanuary 26, 2012
Pros: great income, and healthcare, good tips, and great customers
Cons: rude customers, working every saturday, missing sundays from church
This job was great for me but I feel it has to do a lot with what region you are working in. The area supervisors and the manager you have will have a lot to do with if you will have a good experience with the company or not.