Smart Style Family Hair Salon

Smart Style Family Hair Salon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place to work
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Montrose, CONovember 20, 2013
Check people in and out for reservations for hotel and set up breakfast,clean kitchen and then cleaned rooms daily,did laundry.I learned how to check in and check people out for rooms. I like to clean.
average
Stylist (Former Employee), Rochester, NHAugust 30, 2013
good place to acquire return clients due to its a walk in salon. a wide variey of prices for the variety of services.
Great place to start out your cosmetology career
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 18, 2013
Pros: located right in walmart
Cons: always felt uncomfortable
I loved getting the chance to work with hair. I loved the clientel I obtained while I was employed here. I think it could of been managed better. I did not appreciate the derogatory comments about an ethnic group exchanged by the workers and the manager. The hardest part of this job was to keep professional while others were being very unprofessional.
Start out
Stylist (Former Employee), Princeton, INMay 27, 2013
The company as a whole was a very good company to work for. I wish that it could have been busier but like all salons they have a slow season. The most enjoyable part was to get to do what I love.
Fast pace work environment.
Stylist/ Manager (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: free haircare products, training and knowledge classes.
Cons: short breaks, and sometimes no break.
Cusomer service was very important in working with this company. I learned that if you don't take care of your customers, someone else will. I learned great customer skills with this company. Management was always changing, and untrained. We would have to train them when they was hired. After going through several managers, i was offered the position – more... that i held for 2 years. Co-workers was an enjoyment to work with. They made my job a little easier by doing their jobs. The hardest part of the job, was working on schelduled days off. The most enjoyabole part of the job was interacting with customers and hearing some of their stories about their life. – less
great experience
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 16, 2013
I typical work day was steady can sometimes get extremely busy. I learned from this job ways to multitask and be effective. Management Could have been better simple because some task made it hard to find find time to be personable with customers and fellow co-workers. i have had a very eclectic group of co-workers. the hardest part of the job was trying – more... to sell the business. I loved my clients and making sure they enjoyed the experience and left satisfied everytime. – less
Good for just getting out of school
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2012
Pros: convenient to shop in walmart and you get to work by yourself a lot
Cons: minimum wage, no restroom, untalented manager/coworkers
This place has such a high turnover rate because they treat their employers like trash. They should be ashamed of themselves only paying minimum wage for all the schooling we went through. No bathroom, no loyalty-you give up the fun in your life for nothing.
not a good place to work but great enviorment to meet new people and network
Stylist (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNOctober 3, 2012
Pros: doing what i love, meeting new people, learning new things
Cons: short breaks, short staff, bad management, high turnover rate
great enviorment to meet new people and learn new things
learnd great customer service skills and masterd them as well
dealin with rude customers was the hardest
most enjoyable part doing what i love to do hair
management was horrible
Love the military
Acting Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2012
great work environment, couldnt ask for a better career. if i had to do all over again i would not have got out
Great place to start out being a hairstylist
Hairstylist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOAugust 9, 2012
Pros: learned alot here, located inside walmart so everything is very convenient
Cons: shortbreaks, breathing in hair chemicals, long working days on your feet
Typical day of work: Front receptionist- meeting and greeting people, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, cash register/computer.
Hairdressing- cutting, coloring, perming, and styling hair. Waxing eyebrows.
Cleaning to strict health and hygeine regulations.
What I learned: The manager here taught me alot about sales and administration, day – more... to day running of salon, how to be confident and assertive, about inventory and shipments, etc..
Management: Excellent
Coworkers: I got along well with everyone, we had a good time
Hardest part of my job: long days
Most enjoyable part of the job: My customers – less
poor management
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Fort Wright, KYJune 4, 2012
Pros: good for building clientel
Cons: extremely poor management
Not worth what you are paid to deal with the poor management. tons of jealousy. Not a good place to work if you aree new and get intimindated quickly. management starts alot of drama and lies alot.
Fun Place to work
stylist and manager (Former Employee), philadelphia, msJanuary 26, 2012
Pros: great income, and healthcare, good tips, and great customers
Cons: rude customers, working every saturday, missing sundays from church
This job was great for me but I feel it has to do a lot with what region you are working in. The area supervisors and the manager you have will have a lot to do with if you will have a good experience with the company or not.