SMART SET Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and easy to get along with coworkers
Key holder (Former Employee), Cambridge,ONAugust 26, 2015
Pros: staff
Cons: job security
Working at Smart Set was a fun experience. I found the only down fall to working there was the sometimes long hours without customers. But we found was to ensure that time was not wasted. I really enjoyed doing the marketing and markdowns. The manager was amazing and she made sure to help all employees with any problems or difficulties that may have arised.
Smart Set
Store Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 11, 2015
A fun place to work that is heavily team oriented. Working with your team is like working with friends and family. Everyone looks out for one and other and has the businesses best interest in mind.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 2, 2015
love this company and what it stands for. sad that they have started closing locations hopefully they can make it. such an amazing brand and company.
customer service experince
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2015
- I have learned to be more patient. I have always been patient but I have been more sensitive and cautious with the needs and wants of other people. I have learned to deal with different kinds of races and I learned a lot from each of them.
a typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orleans, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: Working in a team setting
Cons: The stress of meeting daily sales targets as a team
Promoted the latest store campaigns to customers as well and provided assistance in improving customer experience in the capacity desired
Smart Set
Fashion Associate (Current Employee), South Gate mall Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoy working for this company they have been flexible with me as i am Mom and want to work and still do my duties as a mom as well.
cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.
A lot of customer encounters to grow your interpersonal skills
Key Holder (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Overall I love the experiences gained working at Smart Set, I am going to 5 years working there, so it has allowed me to gain commitment skills. A typical day at work to open or close store, do deposits, check Loss Prevention details via email from District Managers, do visions of the store. I have learned a lot of Human Resources information, how to handle cash for opening and closing the store, how – more... to be a leader for the other sales associates working with me. Management helps and allows for growth within the job. Co-workers are a good to have around to help out with anything throughout the store. Hardest part of the job was going from school to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to meet new people all the time; as in the customers. So it's always something new everyday being at work which doesn't make it boring. – less
Great discounts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Barrie ontarioNovember 4, 2014
Good team vibe with lots of great members.
It was nice to be apart of such a big company.
Great Place to Work
Fashion Associate /Key Holder /Team Leader (Former Employee), Ajax, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: long commute
I enjoyed working at Smart Set, unfortunately the location that I was employed at closed down.
Fun and positive work environment
Fashion Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
No matter who you are working with, it is always fun. The focus is always on the customers but at times where it's not a busy there are times to talk and even share fashion knowledge with one another. I feel like I learned a lot from working there and my communication skills have definitely benefited from it.
Fast paced, Fashion foward
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SaskatchewanFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: discounts and bonuses
Cons: low pay and hard to achieve bonus
Very good leaning experience for new managers however company is not very organized! Head office and district managers aren't always very supportive to the low volume stores.
Loved it
Retail, Fashion Stylist (Former Employee), Brandon, MBJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: discount on store products
Cons: bad vaccum
I loved working at Smart Set, it was an amazing store with amazing staff. The only reason I took another job is because the store was forced to close.
Smart Set is amazing!
Sale Associate, Part time (Current Employee), Oshawa,onDecember 12, 2013
Pros: amazing staff
Cons: not enough hours
Great managment team. Part timers are kind of a "sister hood" very close group of girls.

The company is just over all the best company i've worked for in retail.
Fun seasonal job.
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2013
I was at smart for a seasonal position because my friend was the manager at the time and needed help. It was a good learning experience to learn about the retail industry. All the employees and managers were very nice. The hours were good plus it was seasonal so I didn't mind.
Great management
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 20, 2013
Management and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Great introduction to sales and retail.
Great clothing and discount.
No opportunity to move up in the company.
Not good
Part time keyholder (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 25, 2013
My typical day was, unload stock, clean up, help people, cashier.
I used to learn a lot with the old managers, but the new one they have, we'll she isn't really new anymore. Not going to say her name. But she's judgmental and talks behind other employee's back. I recommended all of our original employees to leave, because they didn't deserve to be treated that way, and thankfully we all left. My job was amazing I used to love it and the management, I went through 4 managers and they were all great except for this one. I do not recommended anyone to go into the store, since this new manager has been put in place. And all of our regulars no longer go there, thankfully! Absolutely disgusting.
Fun place to work
Assitant Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great discount
Cons: hours
Retail hours here as well. I learned a lot about clothing here, like how to dress women of all shapes and sizes, how to make them feel good in their skin and how to dress their body type. My management was great, fun and down to earth. My co workers were great also, and lots of fun. The hardest part of my job was again, the late hours making changes to the store for new product and displays. The best part of my job was knowing how to make women so happy in their own skin, and making them look and feel great about themselves.
Great atmosphere and friendly co-workers.
Fashion Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 12, 2013
I have learned a great deal from this work place, especially communication skills. Everyday is a little bit different, and always interesting. There are occasions with good customers which is always enjoyable and then some more difficult customers that keep you on your toes. I have learned to multitask from customer to customer with great ease.
Fun, Social, Productive, Great team
Health and Safety Representative (Current Employee), London, ONMay 22, 2013
Pros: discount
Worked here almost 7 years now, very accomodating place.
Great work environment because of the great team of associates.