SMART SET Employee Reviews in Canada

Smart Set Review
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at work was always very busy. I had different duties each day but it was always fun. My manager was extremely kind and loving to every girl that worked there. I learned so much teamwork skills while working there, my manager made the store feel like my second home. Everyone that I worked with were like my family. The hardest part of my job would be having to decide how to please the upset customers, when it came to over due return items. This was hard for me because when my manager wasn't there I was technically in charge of making those decisions. The most enjoyable part was coming into the store and learning what the goals are for the day and seeing who I was working with. I am motivated when I have a certain goal to reach and my manager gives me tasks to do. Again, teamwork was a big thing for me so we all worked together.
Pros
Staff I worked with, amazing management
Cons
District Store Managers
Great styles, reasonable prices, Great customer service
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 19, 2015
Smaller store, welcoming staff. There is room for growth: Starting out as a Sales Associate you can potentially work your way up to Key Holder, Team Lead or Manager. Overall a god experience in the time that I have been there.
Fun enviorment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 26, 2015
Store was in a good location, Had a great store manager but when she had to go on a sick leave she was replaced with someone who was new to the company and tried to overturn all the rules the company had set in place.
Pros
located in mall.
Cons
managment
amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCFebruary 15, 2016
so much fun and the discount at all the sister stores are just amazing. great place for advancement, and given many opportunities to move ahead
Productive Place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 28, 2015
Working with coworkers was enjoyable and we were very productive, but the managment has some flaws.But since smart set will be closing in 2016, there is no job security.
Fun Energetic Work Environment
Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Staff members are great and easy to get along with. Love the fact that i can utilize my customer service skills to cater to each individuals needs/wants
Fun and easy to get along with coworkers
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge,ONAugust 26, 2015
Working at Smart Set was a fun experience. I found the only down fall to working there was the sometimes long hours without customers. But we found was to ensure that time was not wasted. I really enjoyed doing the marketing and markdowns. The manager was amazing and she made sure to help all employees with any problems or difficulties that may have arised.
Pros
staff
Cons
job security
Reitmans - Hyba
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 21, 2015
A positive environment. Excellent customer service provided. Staff is well trained and possess outgoing, friendly personalities. Customer satisfaction is the number one priority.
Great Work Experience
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2015
I have gained the experience of being able to multitask efficiently in a fast pace environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
A great Team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 9, 2015
It was a great team to work with, a great training program and clear direction. The Visual presentation was always interesting and consistent, and the staff I had on board took initiative and wanted growth.
Smart Set
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 11, 2015
A fun place to work that is heavily team oriented. Working with your team is like working with friends and family. Everyone looks out for one and other and has the businesses best interest in mind.
had a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 2, 2015
for the short time that I was there I had a great time. The girls that I worked with were very kind and easy to get along with. I was only temporary sadly.
customer service experince
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2015
- I have learned to be more patient. I have always been patient but I have been more sensitive and cautious with the needs and wants of other people. I have learned to deal with different kinds of races and I learned a lot from each of them.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 2, 2015
love this company and what it stands for. sad that they have started closing locations hopefully they can make it. such an amazing brand and company.
a typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 21, 2015
Promoted the latest store campaigns to customers as well and provided assistance in improving customer experience in the capacity desired
Pros
Working in a team setting
Cons
The stress of meeting daily sales targets as a team
A lot of customer encounters to grow your interpersonal skills
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Overall I love the experiences gained working at Smart Set, I am going to 5 years working there, so it has allowed me to gain commitment skills. A typical day at work to open or close store, do deposits, check Loss Prevention details via email from District Managers, do visions of the store. I have learned a lot of Human Resources information, how to handle cash for opening and closing the store, how to be a leader for the other sales associates working with me. Management helps and allows for growth within the job. Co-workers are a good to have around to help out with anything throughout the store. Hardest part of the job was going from school to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to meet new people all the time; as in the customers. So it's always something new everyday being at work which doesn't make it boring.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2013
Retail hours here as well. I learned a lot about clothing here, like how to dress women of all shapes and sizes, how to make them feel good in their skin and how to dress their body type. My management was great, fun and down to earth. My co workers were great also, and lots of fun. The hardest part of my job was again, the late hours making changes to the store for new product and displays. The best part of my job was knowing how to make women so happy in their own skin, and making them look and feel great about themselves.
Pros
great discount
Cons
hours
My Responsibilities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Conducted demonstrations and presentations to up to 50 customers daily passing through a mall.
Located the appropriate sizes, colors, and fashion styles requested by clients.
Priced clothing items and placed specific garments on sale, as per store policy.
Processed cash, credit card payments and provided gift receipts to customers.
Handled returns and exchanges of all items, to ensure complete satisfaction with products.
Enjoyable workplace with friendly people and a good learning environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2013
A typical day at work can include working all aspects of the store from selling merchandise, working fitting rooms, and cashing customers.Since working at Smart Set, I have improved my communication skills with customers as well as with co-workers.Additionally,I've learned how to multi-task more effectively when there are only a few workers in the store. My co-workers are very nice and easy to get along with.Management is really friendly and helpful with any questions or problems I have encountered.
Pros
very flexible and considerate with schedules, nice people to work with, good and understanding management
Cons
only a few shifts during the week, short shifts, shifts are easily cancelled
Great atmosphere and friendly co-workers.
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 12, 2013
I have learned a great deal from this work place, especially communication skills. Everyday is a little bit different, and always interesting. There are occasions with good customers which is always enjoyable and then some more difficult customers that keep you on your toes. I have learned to multitask from customer to customer with great ease.