SMART SET Employee Reviews

Fun Energetic Work Environment
Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Staff members are great and easy to get along with. Love the fact that i can utilize my customer service skills to cater to each individuals needs/wants
Productive Place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 28, 2015
Working with coworkers was enjoyable and we were very productive, but the managment has some flaws.But since smart set will be closing in 2016, there is no job security.
Great styles, reasonable prices, Great customer service
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 19, 2015
Smaller store, welcoming staff. There is room for growth: Starting out as a Sales Associate you can potentially work your way up to Key Holder, Team Lead or Manager. Overall a god experience in the time that I have been there.
Smart Set Review
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at work was always very busy. I had different duties each day but it was always fun. My manager was extremely kind and loving to every girl that worked there. I learned so much teamwork skills while working there, my manager made the store feel like my second home. Everyone that I worked with were like my family. The hardest part of my job would be having to decide how to please the upset customers, when it came to over due return items. This was hard for me because when my manager wasn't there I was technically in charge of making those decisions. The most enjoyable part was coming into the store and learning what the goals are for the day and seeing who I was working with. I am motivated when I have a certain goal to reach and my manager gives me tasks to do. Again, teamwork was a big thing for me so we all worked together.
Pros
Staff I worked with, amazing management
Cons
District Store Managers
Fun enviorment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 26, 2015
Store was in a good location, Had a great store manager but when she had to go on a sick leave she was replaced with someone who was new to the company and tried to overturn all the rules the company had set in place.
Pros
located in mall.
Cons
managment
Reitmans - Hyba
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 21, 2015
A positive environment. Excellent customer service provided. Staff is well trained and possess outgoing, friendly personalities. Customer satisfaction is the number one priority.
Great Work Experience
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2015
I have gained the experience of being able to multitask efficiently in a fast pace environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
A great Team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 9, 2015
It was a great team to work with, a great training program and clear direction. The Visual presentation was always interesting and consistent, and the staff I had on board took initiative and wanted growth.
had a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 2, 2015
for the short time that I was there I had a great time. The girls that I worked with were very kind and easy to get along with. I was only temporary sadly.
Fun and easy to get along with coworkers
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge,ONAugust 26, 2015
Working at Smart Set was a fun experience. I found the only down fall to working there was the sometimes long hours without customers. But we found was to ensure that time was not wasted. I really enjoyed doing the marketing and markdowns. The manager was amazing and she made sure to help all employees with any problems or difficulties that may have arised.
Pros
staff
Cons
job security
Smart Set
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 11, 2015
A fun place to work that is heavily team oriented. Working with your team is like working with friends and family. Everyone looks out for one and other and has the businesses best interest in mind.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 2, 2015
love this company and what it stands for. sad that they have started closing locations hopefully they can make it. such an amazing brand and company.
customer service experince
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2015
- I have learned to be more patient. I have always been patient but I have been more sensitive and cautious with the needs and wants of other people. I have learned to deal with different kinds of races and I learned a lot from each of them.
a typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 21, 2015
Promoted the latest store campaigns to customers as well and provided assistance in improving customer experience in the capacity desired
Pros
Working in a team setting
Cons
The stress of meeting daily sales targets as a team
Smart Set
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  South Gate mall Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoy working for this company they have been flexible with me as i am Mom and want to work and still do my duties as a mom as well.
A lot of customer encounters to grow your interpersonal skills
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Overall I love the experiences gained working at Smart Set, I am going to 5 years working there, so it has allowed me to gain commitment skills. A typical day at work to open or close store, do deposits, check Loss Prevention details via email from District Managers, do visions of the store. I have learned a lot of Human Resources information, how to handle cash for opening and closing the store, how to be a leader for the other sales associates working with me. Management helps and allows for growth within the job. Co-workers are a good to have around to help out with anything throughout the store. Hardest part of the job was going from school to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to meet new people all the time; as in the customers. So it's always something new everyday being at work which doesn't make it boring.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
Great discounts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie ontarioNovember 4, 2014
Good team vibe with lots of great members.
It was nice to be apart of such a big company.
Great Place to Work
Fashion Associate /Key Holder /Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working at Smart Set, unfortunately the location that I was employed at closed down.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
long commute
Fun and positive work environment
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
No matter who you are working with, it is always fun. The focus is always on the customers but at times where it's not a busy there are times to talk and even share fashion knowledge with one another. I feel like I learned a lot from working there and my communication skills have definitely benefited from it.
Fast paced, Fashion foward
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SaskatchewanFebruary 11, 2014
Very good leaning experience for new managers however company is not very organized! Head office and district managers aren't always very supportive to the low volume stores.
Pros
discounts and bonuses
Cons
low pay and hard to achieve bonus