SMART SET Employee Reviews

Fun, supportive sales training with friendly competitions
Assistant Manager, Team Lead, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC29 May 2017
Not as high pressure sales as other retail stores I've worked for. Fun environment with a good team lead or assistant manager in place. Bonus - clothing discount!!
Très bien
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 April 2017
Désormais fermé mais appartien a la bannière Reitmans canada.Un bel approche client,un service intime et avangardiste!Bel endroit pour apprendre la vente sans pression.
Pros
Rabais employés
Cons
Âge de la clientèle
Relaxed environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 March 2017
It was my first part time job and I loved the team that I was working with because they were a very hard working and united team. The job hours were very reasonable and the company was very focused on customer service.
Pros
good hours, good team
Cons
low salary
Average
Conseillère mode/vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC17 March 2017
Chiffres on call et de 3h seulement lorsque temps partiel.
Fun and energetic work place
Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK29 December 2016
Very fun and energetic retail store made shopping fun especially for women who needed a confidence boost or support shopping alone. Very passionate and focused on customer service over sales goals
Gestion globale
Conseillère & assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC15 December 2016
Les hauts dirigeants non pas une bonne vision du travail en boutique. Cela rend difficile certains points.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2016
Working at smart set was one of the best experiences in customer services. The working environnement was fin for me filled with love . Every employee was very kind.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Fun workplace
SALESPERSON AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2016
Enjoyed working at Smart Set a lot. Allowed me to develop important skills to have for someone who is entering the retail world. Very helpful and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Great learning experience, understanding when it comes to schedules
Cons
Not always super busy
amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC15 February 2016
so much fun and the discount at all the sister stores are just amazing. great place for advancement, and given many opportunities to move ahead
Bannière Smart Set
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 January 2016
La bannière Smart Set m'a beaucoup appris le service à la clientèle et aussi, sur le travail d'équipe et le leadership. Aujourd'hui, cette bannière a fermé ses portes.
Fun Energetic Work Environment
Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
Staff members are great and easy to get along with. Love the fact that i can utilize my customer service skills to cater to each individuals needs/wants
Productive Place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 December 2015
Working with coworkers was enjoyable and we were very productive, but the managment has some flaws.But since smart set will be closing in 2016, there is no job security.
Great styles, reasonable prices, Great customer service
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 December 2015
Smaller store, welcoming staff. There is room for growth: Starting out as a Sales Associate you can potentially work your way up to Key Holder, Team Lead or Manager. Overall a god experience in the time that I have been there.
Smart Set Review
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 December 2015
A typical day at work was always very busy. I had different duties each day but it was always fun. My manager was extremely kind and loving to every girl that worked there. I learned so much teamwork skills while working there, my manager made the store feel like my second home. Everyone that I worked with were like my family. The hardest part of my job would be having to decide how to please the upset customers, when it came to over due return items. This was hard for me because when my manager wasn't there I was technically in charge of making those decisions. The most enjoyable part was coming into the store and learning what the goals are for the day and seeing who I was working with. I am motivated when I have a certain goal to reach and my manager gives me tasks to do. Again, teamwork was a big thing for me so we all worked together.
Pros
Staff I worked with, amazing management
Cons
District Store Managers
Fun enviorment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 November 2015
Store was in a good location, Had a great store manager but when she had to go on a sick leave she was replaced with someone who was new to the company and tried to overturn all the rules the company had set in place.
Pros
located in mall.
Cons
managment
Expérience de travail chez Smart set
Chef d'équipe temps-partiel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2015
Les possibilités d'avancement sont très bonnes, j'ai été promue après seulement 1 an de travail à temps partiel.
Reitmans - Hyba
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2015
A positive environment. Excellent customer service provided. Staff is well trained and possess outgoing, friendly personalities. Customer satisfaction is the number one priority.
Great Work Experience
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2015
I have gained the experience of being able to multitask efficiently in a fast pace environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
A great Team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 September 2015
It was a great team to work with, a great training program and clear direction. The Visual presentation was always interesting and consistent, and the staff I had on board took initiative and wanted growth.
had a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 September 2015
for the short time that I was there I had a great time. The girls that I worked with were very kind and easy to get along with. I was only temporary sadly.