TERM: ~ May 1st to August 15th (flexible)
LOCATION(S): Markham (Leslie & Hwy 7) & Mississauga (Explorer Drive)
Smart Employee Benefits Inc (“SEB”) is a group of companies with two unique operating divisions – Health Benefits and Technology Solutions. SEB is a public company trading on the TSXV. SEB employs approximately 171 people, 114 of which are located in our offices across Ontario – Markham, Mississauga, North Bay and Ottawa. We are providing a wide array of exciting and diverse opportunities to work in a variety of departments at the parent company level.
We believe in providing valuable internship opportunities to “self-starter” students with demonstrated leadership, team skills and examples of where they’ve shown initiative. Those who are looking to gain meaningful work experience for their resumes and careers, while also looking to learn and develop lasting relationships for future opportunities, this is for you.
"Multiple Summer Internships Available!"
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
SEB is the central office for several subsidiary divisions. It’s this office that creates co-branding elements for the parent and its various subsidiaries.
- Graphics: PowerPoint presentations and other design opportunities as they arise
- SEB’s Enterprise Social Network (ESN): Power User training available as well as Communications Plan and Execution throughout the summer. Could include interviewing SEB personnel and supporting the adoption process.
- Research/intel: on a variety of market research subjects
Skills and/or Interests in the areas of: Journalism, Graphic Design/Online Digital, Website Development, Social Media, Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Project/Event Management
ADMINISTRATION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
This summer, SEB Finance and Administration department will focus on a Corporate Move (to Explorer Drive, Mississauga - end of June 2014) and Project Management.
- Public Company: get to work directly with the CFO on exercise of Warrants/Options and participate in a variety of details for the Annual General Meeting (May 20th) and other public company administration and support.
- Data Management: working with a health claims processing group on management of data
- Accounting & Administration: working in the office of the CFO on various administration and accounting requirements.
- Research/intel: developing due diligence packages for Executive review during the acquisition process.
- Project Management: Helping with the office move to Explorer Drive (end of June) and various administrative requirements related thereto.
Skills and/or Interests in the areas of: Microsoft Word and Excel, various Social Media platforms, Accounting, Finance, Business, Communications, Project/Event Management.
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE:
The specific role(s) we are considering for this summer are in the area of Health Benefits and Insurance solutions; this will include, but is not limited to: Market Intelligence and CRM Management.
- Market Survey: Surveying the landscape of a specific health sector with corporate clients allows for script development and execution experience, as well as developing strong relationship building skills.
- CRM innovation: We are currently in construction of a CRM system where innovation and processes are valued. An opportunity to work closely with Account and Lead development is available here.
Skills and/or Interests in the areas of: Finance, Business, Marketing, Communications, Project Management, various Social Media platforms
SEB has a white canvas to build a scalable infrastructure to onboard new acquisitions. It involves an Enterprise Social Network (ESN), and various cloud technology platforms for managing internal communications, collaborations and data. A monthly Technology council meets to drive internal projects toward a sound, scalable corporate infrastructure.
- Cool New apps: for managing customer and personnel management
- IT: working closely with Subject Matter Experts on administration and design techniques for a cloud infrastructure
Skills and/or Interests in the areas of: Modern IT cloud technologies, IT Architecture/Design, Cool new apps for managing data, Project Management
QUALITIES REQUIRED FOR ALL INTERNSHIPS: interested in the effective use of technology, friendly, helpful, team player, feeling like you’re getting up every day to go play with your friends. And above all, willingness, keen to learn, problem solve and take initiative in whatever form your creativity allows.
WHAT YOU GET: Like most busy office environments, SEB personnel pack a lot into each day. And, we take Internships seriously! We recognize that youth is the voice of tomorrow and can make valuable contributions when given the opportunity. However, we are also realists – the world hands you things that requires you to use extra skills sometimes. If you are industrious and keen, you will be provided with:
- A solid summer Internship plan tailored to your skills and qualities
- Training where required
- Regular feedback loops with documented experience and references for follow-on opportunities
- Remuneration according to performance.
While these internships are unpaid, we will work with you on your specific situation to make your summer worthwhile, productive and valuable.
HOW TO APPLY: During the last 2 weeks of April, we will be conducting 12 minute online interviews from 9:00am - 12:00noon (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) using Skype, GoToMeeting or an online platform of your choice to meet and discuss with you any of the areas you feel you could participate. What we want from you? A short presentation on the areas of Internship(s) that you’d be interested in and, some specific examples from your educational, personal or professional background that are relevant. Please note – we will be matching skills of the various Internships to create a full team with which we can work together and support the needs of the group at large. Successful candidates will be contacted with interview time slots and a more detailed agenda for your 12 minute online session.