JOB DESCRIPTION – EVENTS & MARKETING COORDINATOR
Branch: Canada/British Columbia Business Services Society
Location: 82-601 W Cordova St, Vancouver, BC
Reports to: Communications Manager
Posting Date: July 26, 2013
Status: 8 month, full-time contract – August 9, 2013- March 28, 2014
Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
BCGEU Level: Range 14
Step 1: $24.21/hr ($1,742.30 bi-weekly)
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
Small Business BC is British Columbia's premiere resource centre for knowledge-based business products and services. Our core activities are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism & Innovation. We provide entrepreneurs with the information and guidance necessary to build a solid foundation for their business. Through a wide range of products, services, education and resources there’s a piece that fits with every business. No matter what stage or what skill level, when an entrepreneur finds themselves asking “How do I…?” Small Business BC is the one to call.
To plan, promote and execute high quality events (large and small scale) for the clients and stakeholders of Small Business BC.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS
1. Coordinates event logistics for large and small-scale events for the small business community
a. Collaborates with the Communications Manager on creative elements, themes and planning all SBBC events;
b. Sources, negotiates, and liaises with event suppliers;
c. Coordinates communications with and support of exhibitors, volunteers, VIP’s, and sponsors;
d. Sets up, monitors and updates event ticketing/registration system(s);
e. Creates event exhibitor packages and manages exhibitors on day of;
f. Coordinates event materials, marketing materials, sponsor collaterals and signage;
g. Recruits, schedules and directs a team of event volunteers for full event execution
h. Works with team members, event volunteers, vendors and contractors to successfully execute all aspects of the event on the delivery day.
i. Provides post-event analysis, budget reports, and gather participant feedback through formal event surveys.
2. Provides coordination and administrative support for the Small Business BC awards contest
a. Coordinates communications with and support of Small Business BC Awards contest nominees, finalists, judges, sponsors and event attendees through written and verbal mediums;
b. Works to create/improve a comprehensive ‘turn-key event manual’ which covers management, administration, communications, marketing and execution of SBBC’s signature event;
c. Assists with the development and creation of content for the contest website;
d. Assists and organizes ticket sales initiatives;
e. Collects and reports information on contest/event marketing initiatives;
f. Schedules and prepares agenda for regular update meetings;
3. In collaboration with the Communications Manager, contributes to the creation and execution of the event marketing plan
a. Assists with the creation and execution of a strategic social media plan (Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn);
b. Creates a target list and informs prospective nominees about SBBC contests and events;
c. Supports marketing/communications by acting as a liaison between advertising sponsors and graphic designers/printers on the creation and execution of event campaigns and collateral;
4. Contributes to the Society’s Client Relationship Management System
a. Enters client and stakeholder contact and interaction information into the society’s CRM;
b. Looks-up client and stakeholder interaction history if necessary to provide better service to clients.
c. Maintains the integrity of CRM data through monitoring of client and stakeholder data.
5. Other related duties
a. Supports communications, marketing and web functions related to events;
b. Promotes SBBC events by attending various outreach activities such as tradeshows, events, etc... in the community;
c. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
A degree or diploma in Events Management, Marketing, or Communications and extensive experience Event Planning experience, or an equivalent blend of education and business related experience.
- Ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment and results oriented.
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and open to changing priorities and managing tasks simultaneously with compressed deadlines.
- Understanding of marketing concepts and strategies
- Able to work in team environment and independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities. Skilled in taking a project from concept to completion.
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of copywriting principals and English grammar
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to build cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Comfortable with public speaking & presentations
- Design skills an asset – proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc..)
- 2-3 years’ experience event planning; or an acceptable equivalent of education, training and experience.
- 2-3 years marketing or communications experience; or an acceptable equivalent of education, training and experience.
- Proven project management experience
- Proven ability to design, develop, and implement strategic marketing plans and supporting tactics and measurements.
- Development and execution of social media campaigns
- Experience in writing marketing, sales and ad copy
- Experience with media and public relations an asset
- Design skills & experience an asset
- Experience with and understanding of small business an asset
To apply for this position, please email you cover letter and resume. No phone inquiries please.
Application Deadline: August 2, 2013