Sliver Custom Design is a residential interior design company who provides a wide scope of interior design services to clients building new homes, renovating existing homes, and many home builders in and around Calgary. We specialize in designing custom millwork and managing clients in the selection of all interior finishes, from wall tile and paint, to plumbing fixtures and appliances.
The ideal candidate will learn quickly in order to become a lead designer of projects within a year. The primary job duties of the candidate will be to:
- Utilize AutoCAD to produce detailed millwork preliminary drawings and construction
- Work closely assisting senior designers to meet the needs and requirements of clients/builders so you are adequately prepared to take on your own clients.
- Generate accurate work orders and summaries. Attention to detail is paramount.
- Display strong organizational skills and prioritize job duties.
- Obtain accurate quotes from trades and suppliers.
- Initiate their own success by displaying passion for what we do. Ask questions. We are willing to teach those who are willing to learn.
- Be flexible. Opportunities will arise and might lead the candidate to select exterior and interior finishes, lighting, counter top finishes, complete tile layouts, paint plans, cabinet hardware summaries, meet with clients and suppliers, assist with graphic design and much more.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Degree in Interior Design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, InDesign, Microsoft Word and Excel, with the ability to devise spreadsheets, specification packages, and work orders. Photoshop experience is an asset.
- Has the ability to adapt to various situations and prioritize work load effectively.
- Able to professionally communicate with clients and suppliers/trades in person, via email, and over the telephone.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, challenging atmosphere and is ready to take on responsibility and collaborate with fellow designers.
- Proactive thinking and ability to anticipate client needs, effectively identify problems, and resolve difficult issues.
- Exude confidence and assertiveness, yet have an open-minded approach to design and critiquing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Sliver Custom Design is a residential interior design company who provides a wide scope of interior design services to clients building new...