We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Cochrane, Alberta office. The successful candidate will play an integral role in supporting the various units of the organization as well as providing leadership, strategic direction, and information in achieving corporate objectives. This position involves supervision over general accounting, receivables, payables and payroll.
Key Job Functions:
- Develops and administers approved account practices;
- Supervises the maintenance of company accounting records;
- Responsible for cash flow as well as credit cards.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial interim statements
- Responsible for overseeing the general accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll;
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reports:
- Preparing monthly G/L journal entries;
- Preparation of monthly GST return & bi-weekly source deductions;
- Responsible for ensuring that the month end deadlines are being met;
- Provides financial advice to management team;
- Promote teamwork culture through assisting, coaching, and directing other staff as appropriate;
- Train new and junior staff;
- Record and review fixed assets;
- Reconciliations and analysis of income statements, banking and balance sheets;
- Reconcile and report on loans and debts;
- Reconcile the intercompany accounts;
- Vacation relief for AP and Payroll when required;
- Prepare Administration Staff Payroll;
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Proficient with Simply Accounting & Excel
- Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and confidentiality;
- Strong decision making, communication (both verbal and written) , and analytical skills;
- An organized self starter who is attentive to detail and able to work independently;
- Ability to prioritize work and manager multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute effectively within a team environment;
- Construction industry experience would be an asset including WIP calculations;
- Strong problem solving;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work in a fast paced environment to identify potential problems and participate in corrective solutions;
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style.
Please forward your resume to the attention of Human Resources specifying the job title of the position you are applying for as well as your salary expectations.
We would like to thank all interested candidates for responding but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Slimdor Contracting is a site preparation contractor capable of handling projects of any size.
Slimdor speciallizes in the following...