S L I A M M O N D E V E L O P M E N T C O R P O R A T I O N
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Sliammon Development Corporation (SDC) is a community development corporation committed to supporting the Sliammon First Nation people in becoming a financially stable and vital community. Reporting to the SDC board of directors, the Economic Development (Ec Dev) Manager will be accountable for the effective and efficient management of resources and the day-to-day operation of the organization in accordance with policies established by the Board. The Ec Dev Manager will be responsible for providing strategic planning, human resource and financial management, liaising with service providers, clients and the community at large, attending board meetings and updating operational policies where needed.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership, human resources, project management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to seek out and perform sound due diligence on potential business opportunities for SDC.
- A personable and respectful demeanor, and skills in working in partnership situations.
- Proficiency in developing clear and user-friendly communication materials.
- Expertise in reading and understanding financial statements and preparing annual pro-forma budgets.
- An ability to develop business plans and management reports.
- Strong cash management and treasury techniques in order to maximize returns on invested cash and minimize debt costs.
- A strong proposal writing ability and familiarity with potential funding sources in order to obtain grants and other funding for the on-going operations of SDC and its subsidiaries, as well as for assets purchases and joint ventures etc.
The successful candidate should possess and have a proven background in the following:
- Planning and managing complex projects involving multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Familiarity and understanding of First Nations operations/organizations. At least five years work related experience in business – preferably in First Nations community.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills and mentoring. Proven planning and management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Communications or other relevant field.
- Commercial fishing and/or aquaculture knowledge and experience.
- Strong financial and educational background. Proven experience in accounting and or bookkeeping.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to liaise between Sliammon First Nation administration, local, provincial and federal governments, as well as other external entities.
Candidates must be willing to provide a criminal record check. Salary for the position will be $60,000 per annum.
All applicants must submit their resume along with a cover letter by no later than October 18, 2013 to:
Sliammon Development Corporation, Attention: Roy Francis, President
FAX: (604) 483-7741
4885-B 101 Hwy Powell River, BC V8A 0B6
Absolutely no phone calls please.