Sleeman Breweries Ltd Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Power trip
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 April 2017
I worked there for an entire year. Long story short: Management is the absolute worst! They treat their entry level employees like they're disposable rather than coaching them to move up within the company.
Pros
pays decent
Cons
everything else
An environment where everyone throws each other under the bus
anoymous (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 October 2015
Overall this is one of most political companies to work for. All senior management are men. Boys club mentality and immature egotistical managers that have no clue about their subject matter.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Management is an absolute joke
this was a fast pace productive job,,,
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 September 2014
a typical day would start early morning ...the first thing was to clean the equipment before the production, I was to have everything up and running by the time the clean bottles came out of the soaker (machine that washes the glass) ,now run the fast pace filler machine ,filling whatever our production was for that day, do checks and data sheets every hour or as required,, working 8 hr shifts and overtime as needed I enjoyed this job very much the coworkers and management were all great to work with ,no issues of any kind ,,also did the monthly inventory on product I lost my job after the plant closed down ..November 2013..
Positive enjoyable place to work.
Material Handler/Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Warehouse/ guelph ontario.21 November 2013
A typical day consists of loading and unloading of beer and materials neccesary to perform the production of beer.
I've learned how to multi task and work in a fast paced environment, with safety as the first priority.
I work with a great crew of people who respect each other, safety and the company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing Sleeman Brewries care about there employees and there well being, unfortunatly due to business decisions related to logistics they have had to make some personnel cuts.
Pros
free beer
constant change for improvement - great beer benefits
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 February 2013
good team enviroment. very fast paced and had to adapt to change in a hurry. Very stressful need a better work life balance. good company benefits. Free lunches every month!
Pros
good beer allowance' benefits and free lunches
Cons
long hours depending on what dept. you worked in