Slate Personnel Employee Reviews

difficult place to work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
i found slate to be more selective one sending people out on jobs i rarely got work unless i called daily and from others i worked with slate always called them.
Dont waste your time with this company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2017
This is a horrible company to work for. Don't bother wasting your time!!!! Your days are wasted with morning meetings that never seem to get anywhere or is just a repeat from the previous day. (Everyday at work felt like ground hog day) there was a constant changing of the database. There is no form of structure, culture, or organization what so ever. Forget job security!!! Your job is contingent on how the owner feels. So pack your bags when your leaving work cause you never when it might be you last. This company has an extremely HIGH turn over rate. It's a joke and a big waste of Time!!!! They have been around since 1964 and still don't have the slightest clue.
Was a very friendly and welcoming place
Recruiter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
This was a wonderful place to work. There are amazing chances for advancement and I regret having to leave this role.

It is a very fast paced and enjoyable environment.
Garbage company, should be ashamed of themselves
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2016
I worked as a labourer for the fort Mac resoration clean up. This company is so disorganized, cheap, and corrupt. Every meeting we had at camp we learned about a new way they were taking our pay.
No one at camp wanted to express concerns about anything, because Slate would fire anyone for anything I.e too many questions.
I have never worked for a company who cares so little about the well being of their employees. It is clear they thought of us as nothing but slaves.
Absolutely the worst job experience I've ever had.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 June 2016
My time working for Slate was spent in Fort McMurray doing the wildfire clean-up. The management was a disaster before we even got to Fort Mac. Once we arrived at the checkpoint, we ended up waiting 6 hours so they could find us a camp to stay in. Apparently somebody at Slate procrastinated to the point of failure when it came to finding food and board for their employees. Four days into the clean-up was when they decided to tell is that our 4 hours of travel time per day (from camp to work, and vice versa) wasn't going to count towards our overtime hours AND our wage was being cut. The only reason 90% of people took this job was for the overtime. So after countless people got fired because they asked how they could steal our overtime hours, they were told they also had to pay 400$ for a cab back to Edmonton. Needless to say I quit and took a greyhound bus home. Slate and all of it's employees should be ashamed of themselves, to treat your temps like trash and steal money straight out of their hands, and for a clean up of a natural disaster at that.
Pros
-----------
Cons
Management.
hi
Recruiter Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2015
Slate Personnel has been matching employees to employers since 1964!With extensive
experience and vast labour market knowledge, Slate is one of today's leading agencies
servicing Edmonton and surrounding areas with temporary and permanent placements.
High staff turnover
Office Administrator / Exec Asst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2013
This company provides placement opportunities for individuals. Management at the time of my employ, was tough and productivity reviews were frequent for recruiters. Administration spent a great deal of time adjusting database and training new staff. My job was to maintain the database and assist the owner in training new staff as well as maintain the AP/AR and payroll.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slate Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7