Slate Personnel

Slate Personnel Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Garbage company, should be ashamed of themselves
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 6, 2016
I worked as a labourer for the fort Mac resoration clean up. This company is so disorganized, cheap, and corrupt. Every meeting we had at camp we learned about a new way they were taking our pay.
No one at camp wanted to express concerns about anything, because Slate would fire anyone for anything I.e too many questions.
I have never worked for a company who cares so little about the well being of their employees. It is clear they thought of us as nothing but slaves.
Absolutely the worst job experience I've ever had.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 17, 2016
My time working for Slate was spent in Fort McMurray doing the wildfire clean-up. The management was a disaster before we even got to Fort Mac. Once we arrived at the checkpoint, we ended up waiting 6 hours so they could find us a camp to stay in. Apparently somebody at Slate procrastinated to the point of failure when it came to finding food and board for their employees. Four days into the clean-up was when they decided to tell is that our 4 hours of travel time per day (from camp to work, and vice versa) wasn't going to count towards our overtime hours AND our wage was being cut. The only reason 90% of people took this job was for the overtime. So after countless people got fired because they asked how they could steal our overtime hours, they were told they also had to pay 400$ for a cab back to Edmonton. Needless to say I quit and took a greyhound bus home. Slate and all of it's employees should be ashamed of themselves, to treat your temps like trash and steal money straight out of their hands, and for a clean up of a natural disaster at that.
Pros
-----------
Cons
Management.
hi
Recruiter Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Slate Personnel has been matching employees to employers since 1964!With extensive
experience and vast labour market knowledge, Slate is one of today's leading agencies
servicing Edmonton and surrounding areas with temporary and permanent placements.
High staff turnover
Office Administrator / Exec Asst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2013
This company provides placement opportunities for individuals. Management at the time of my employ, was tough and productivity reviews were frequent for recruiters. Administration spent a great deal of time adjusting database and training new staff. My job was to maintain the database and assist the owner in training new staff as well as maintain the AP/AR and payroll.

2.8