Skyworks Solutions

Skyworks Solutions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical day at work
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee), Woburn, MAApril 20, 2016
Pros: Paid Breaks
Cons: Long hours
Always work to do from start to end. Good co-workers that will help you when you need them. Learned a lot about wafers and the process needed to get it to the right requirements.
Overall great company to work for
Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAApril 18, 2016
High paced manufacturing environment. Twelve hour shifts, so you get overtime every shift. They provide great benefits. I was satisfied with my time there.
unsatisfying job
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee), Woburn, MAMarch 23, 2016
the company has horrible management . you have to wear suit. work 12 hours a day . Not being treated fairly. you would have to stand all day .
very productive and great co workers , Bad management and unfair treatment to employees
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Woburn, MAMarch 11, 2016
I myself love the job. I love everyone there, we help each other no matter what. Basically the shift itself, we bond like a family. Every time anyone has trouble with something, there's always someone there to help. The only downfall is the management itself. They do not acknowledge how much effort the employees put in to reach their daily goals. They push and push and never see that we all work hard. The only thing that would come to their attention is when something goes wrong. No appreciation whatsoever not even a thank you. Very disrespectful at times, no one says anything because people have families to take care of.
great hours and great days off
Fabricator technician (Current Employee), Newbury Park, CAMarch 4, 2016
I love it. I love the overtime and I love my days off. I love the production of always being busy. I love the flexibility with this company when I want the days off.
Productive and comfortable environment.
RF Design/Validation Engineer Internship (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Free lunches during meetings, wonderful work culture, they really value their employees.
Cons: Traffic always going home.
You are given a deadline, and it is your job to make sure you are keeping up with the tests and data by the deadline. Management is very helpful and friendly. It is a relaxing work culture, where nobody is constantly pressuring you as long as your work is complete.
Very good company to work
Software Tools Developer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2015
It's a very good company to work. Environment is always friendly and co-workers always ready to help. Company support the employee and provide all the resources need it to perform a better job.
Limited understanding of day to day actives from upper management.
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Strong engineering environment, #1 in the marketing
Cons: Upper management does review all product decisions carefully
Skyworks is a very technically strong company. With both strong applications engineers for customer design-in and marketing for and product definition and product management.
Unfortunately, upper management is unaware of the day to day activities from both the applications and marketing engineers which in turn causes a lot of micro managing of activities and/or mis-managing of wrong product portfolios.
A good place to wok.
Fabrication Operator Technician (Former Employee), Woburn, MASeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at Skyworks is busy. I have learned to manage my time and improve my skills in order to perform the work required. I have worked with some really nice people there.
Great co-workers, technology and facilities
Engineer (Current Employee), MexicoAugust 18, 2015
The company has a lot of technology in it so it's fun to work with new machines and equipment. Co-workers are great and some managment members. The salary overall is not good.
Management needs improvement
Wafer Fab Technician (Current Employee), Woburn, MAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Most employees are great and are willing to give a helping hand. The work can be overwhelming and stressful. Management needs better communication. They tell you "quality over quantity" to help ease the stress yet constantly pushes for quantity.
fun workplace and booming industry
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 3, 2015
Good atmosphere, good employees, people working together in teams to enhance product efficiency. Plenty of availability for career advancement. Hard working in cubicle by myself programming for 8 hours a day.
Good compensation, good benifets....culture lacking.
E Technician (Current Employee), N.P.June 15, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Overtime, regimented work routine, no upward mobility, stagnation
I've worked in many companies and have seen the whole milieu of cultures. Some are strict and authoritarian. Others progressive and touchy feely. Swks is NOT progressive at all. More like a hard run factory culture, not ever thinking out of the box. Employees suggestion's are never addressed, only obvious money saving bottom line ideas. Pay is a good point however. You take your choice.
Best work wxperience
Student (Former Employee), Mexicali,BCNovember 18, 2014
People are treated well HR is always available and easy to talk to. Everybody gets along. You could say that everybody was eager to show or teach you their work so to write everything that I learned would be tedious. The relationships with coworker was great it wasn't uncommon to go out to lunch in groups 2 or 3 times a week.
Good company with wonderful people
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Woburn, MASeptember 28, 2014
Skyworks is a great company full of knowledgeable people. Senior management is second to none.
Skyworks is a good place to work
Senior Engineering Technician / Lab Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2014
working environment is very good.
Pay scale is very compatitve
fast-paced work environment
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: bonus gift cards when production goals met.
In the morning I would come in and get the pass down from the night shift of what tools are working and what the work load was like the night before. Then I checked the tools to make sure they had all their chemicals filled and were ready to go. I would spend the rest of my day loading and unloading tools with product and organizing the product so that the proper layers were done in a timely manner.

I learned a lot about semi-conductors and how to build them from a blank Gallium Arsenic wafer slate. I also learned how to deal with difficult co-workers who were unreliable.

Management was very strict, and tried to limit talking throughout the day. They were unaware of what was happening on the floor and just demanded results without seeing the whole picture.

My co-workers that had been there for years seemed jaded by the company and didn't care about working efficiently, causing a lot of friction with the newer employees who were still fresh faced and ready to work.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of proper management, and being pushed to reach impossible productivity goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the few hard-working co-workers that made the 12 hour shifts bearable and sometimes even fun.
Great learning atmosphere
Electrical Test Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 30, 2014
Pros: lots of company bonding
Cons: long hours
Great place to work where everyone's opinion matters.Everyone was very helpful and served a different purpose.Very upbeat place.
good place to work
EQUIPMENT ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: freedom wasn't there
I enjoy working here, not exactly what I was looking for the work environment
Good place to work and learn new things
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Woburn, MAMarch 17, 2014
All the co-workers are very help full. Co-workers from different department help you out. Great place to work, learn, explore and get hands on experience on the new machines.
Headquarters