Reporting to the Vice President of Operations the Property Manager ensures that assigned properties are operated and maintained in a cost-effective, safe and efficient manner as per the operating parameters and standards of Skyview Management Ltd. The incumbent is accountable for the financial and operational performance of an assigned portfolio of multi-residential buildings located in Toronto and surrounding areas. The Property Manager acts as the primary representative for day to day contact with the tenants. In addition, the Property Manager will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing tenant relationships through exceptional customer service and delivering superior building conditions while carrying out the operational and fiscal mandate.
- Performs financial control activities including the development of annual operating budgets, performing monthly budget analyses and re-forecasting allocations as necessary, best efforts to achieve 0% vacancy and 100% rent collection and meeting annual targets;
- Liaises with the tenants, site staff and Vice President of Operations on day-to-day property management issues;
- Develops and maintains preventative and corrective maintenance schedules; and oversees maintenance activities;
- Assists in acquisitions and dispositions of properties as directed by Vice President of Operations.
- Meets provincial/federal/municipal legislations and standards with respect to employment standards, human rights, employment equity, health and safety, environmental, etc.;
- Manages contractor activities for goods and services including preparation of tender documents, tender and bid analyses, negotiating best possible terms, preparing contract documents and monitoring contractor performance as per our company’s process and procedures;
- Supervises site staff including directing activities, establishing goals and objectives, performance evaluation and communicating vision for operations and maintenance;
- Oversees assigned portfolio including the prioritization of departmental tasks/ deadlines and balances workloads;
- Prepares strategic analysis of properties considering financial indicators, market analysis and long term project plans;
- Monitors service level requests from tenants and ensures that required work is carried our promptly and in an efficient manner.
- Review tenant applications to ensure all criteria is met as set by Skyview Management Ltd’s policy and procedures.
- Perform monthly building inspection activities;
- Monitor Tenant Service work activities;
- Ensure effective marketing and promotional activities are executed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Five years experience in a property management with a thorough knowledge of multi-residential apartment buildings, technical, legal, financial, leasing and administrative functions;
- Managing and motivating functional teams;
- Exceptional leadership qualities including ability to lead, motivate and coach staff;
- Ability to work under limited supervision within tight deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Highly motivated and success driven;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Excellent communications skills, including effective presentation skills;
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills;
Please reply with a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations.
Only those considered will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard