Skyrocket is currently seeking a motivated, hands-on developer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will work with our Creative Director and design team to build innovative compelling experiences for our clients. This role will focus on backend development, building, debugging and deployment of websites, web applications, and mobile sites.
Skyrocket Digital creates interactive experiences, through web and mobile applications that capture the imagination, drive commerce, and build social connectivity. For more information on Skyrocket please check out our website: www.skyrkt.com.
We’re a startup, just over a year old and have a loft-style office space in Crosstown. Although no one has heard of Crosstown, we assure you that it exists and there is plenty of good coffee and great food nearby.
Our team is comprised of coders, designers and marketing people. We like bringing new ideas to life and clients who are passionate about what they do. We have a big kitchen and drink beer on Fridays.
- Build solid websites, web applications, e-commerce, and mobile sites
- Work directly with our Creative Director, project management and development team
- Provide strategic advice and input on new technologies and development practices
- Ability to mentor and guide a development team
- Proficient knowledge of web technologies and frameworks (eg: PHP, Django, Rails, JS)
- Great communication skills and excellent ability to solve problems
- Good time management skills and ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to administer all levels of LAMP stack
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience integrating with social media and third party APIs
How to Apply
- Submit your resume and application clearly indicating that you are applying for the Lead Web Developer position
- We’ll review your qualifications for the position
- If we contact you for an interview, you’ll need to meet us in person, or by video chat
- We’ll figure out if there’s a good fit on culture, skills, expectations and more
Candidates must be located in, or willing to move to Vancouver, BC and legally permitted to work in Canada. You must be awesome.