The Skyline Sales & Reservations Agent primary responsibility is to utilize proactive selling techniques to convert calls coming into Skyline’s inbound call centre into reservations. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a sales result oriented environment, has a passion for delivering world-class customer service and is looking for a long-term career with a company positioned for future growth.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Using proactive selling techniques (probing questions) convert incoming calls into reservations, while maximizing the average spend.
- Consistently deliver world-class customer service.
- Assist guests with questions regarding their existing reservations, while offering future reservations / activities (upselling of additional products and services).
- Follow up (outbound calling) on inquiries which did not convert into a reservation.
- Provide concierge service regarding local restaurants and entertainment activities.
- Maintain and process profile information on current guests and potential future guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Above average English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Possess excellent telephone etiquette (a clear voice).
- Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
- Ability to type quickly and correctly using an Online Chat Feature.
- Comfortable multi-tasking while paying close attention to details.
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Sales aptitude with the understanding “service enables sales”.
- Energetic team player displaying a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Must be flexible to work days, evenings and weekends.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
Preference will be given to candidates with two years of experience in the Hospitality or Travel & Tourism industry. Hospitality sales experience and working knowledge of Opera PMS is considered an asset. Candidates with a strong sales background in a non-hospitality related field will be considered.
Note: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills or efforts associated with or expected of a role, but are intended to accurately reflect principle job elements.