The Manager on Duty oversees hotel services including Front Desk operations, Guest Services, and Security. Acts as and on behalf of the Hotel Manager in the absence of (i.e. after hours). Manages a team of Lifestyle Agents and Valet attendants as a means of maximizing Guest Satisfaction at all times. Addresses all guest concerns in a timely manner using the value of Empowerment. Performs daily hotel audits/inspections to ensure compliance. Coaches and progressively manages hourly colleague performance within the Guest Services team.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Manage day or night operations of the hotel. Conduct periodic walk-through of each department. Tour public areas and grounds to ensure management presence and quality service levels are being provided to all guests.
- Monitor performance of colleagues scheduled during the shift and recommend and/or initiate disciplinary actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Document all discussion in the MOD Report.
- Oversee the front desk in accordance with established procedures; ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival, and that the audit function and reports are completed on time. Communicate to staff any VIP or special needs or requests and follow up.
- May also have oversight of the security function at night.
- Resolve all guest complaints in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with established service recovery guidelines to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Coordinate colleague and guest evacuation/notification in the event of an emergency.
- Assist in educating colleagues on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, colleagues or hotel assets.
- Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
- Throughout shift conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas brand standards.
- Document and record all incidents involving guests or colleagues, or other relevant events, on the appropriate reports, e.g., MOD Report. Report any injuries to Human Resources in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Perform audits and inspections of valet parking, hotel guest floors and F&B outlets
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Serve as "manager on duty" as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in hospitality administration/management preferred
- 3-5 years of Supervisory experience
- 3-5 years of Customer Service & Hospitality experience
- 3-5 years of Opera systems experience
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of guests and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments, key business partners, and guests.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Indeed - 13 months ago