Skyjack Employee Reviews

great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 November 2017
was challenging at time. job was interesting learned lots about electrical components able to weld, paint, build scissors lift from start to finish. nice hours days.
Not a bad place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 October 2017
The job itself was ok, decent training, better than most companies, pay and benefits are average. Management are completely clueless and there is no job security here whatsoever. Skyjack used to be a great company to work for before Linamar took over.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no job security
Managment is a joke
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 August 2017
How can a company as big as linamar be so oblivious to what goes on in their factories ! They have the worst time managment skills I've ever seen. All the machines that use propane are not built to the propane code becase they don't use sealant approved for propane which you think would be common sense ! Can you say recall ! I really hope they wake up and listen to what their employees tell them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment, hot work environment
fast paced environment
Machine Builder (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 August 2017
Skyjack is a fast paced competitive environment where had work is rewarded. it is physically demanding with tight deadlines, your performance is continuously monitored.
friendly people and good people
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 July 2017
worked night shift from the day i started to work there to the end, i always kept working even when i saw others slacking because there was less management on night shift. I have complained about it but didn't do nothing so i just kept working and picking up other's work loads so i would stay busy. Very hot working beside a oven working over 500 degrees with only a metal fan to cool us down that was one the most hardest things about the job. i enjoy how i worked because my time for work would pass by really fast.
Pros
time flys
Cons
heavy work
Decent Job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 July 2017
There was nothing about the job I did not like. Some of the people , like a lot of places had poor work attitudes, but was manageable. Reason for leaving, too far from home, lacked quality of life.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor management
Terrible management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 May 2017
Employees are great but the management has no idea what they r doing. They lay everyone off from August until March. I would not recommend this job if you r looking for security if you want summer work only then be ready to work 3-11
Steady Work
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 May 2017
Work Steady make your numbers. but foremen push for more which is ok. But as soon as company has there machines they do lay offs. An u have to wait till they pick up again no security.
Good wages, joke management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 April 2017
The wages are fantastic for what you do workwise. Management, most supervisors, and even HR are a complete joke. Have to bite your tongue and keep your head on a swivel and trust no one here, they'll hang you out to dry the first chance they get.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Bosses SUCK
Not a very good place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plant 1 Guelph7 March 2017
Was hired for a job I never got to do. Supervisor was not very nice.
It was an extremely hideous working environment. If you have an education, do not work here.
Pros
There is nothing good about this place
Cons
Its a Soviet Era Gulag
Busy company with too many layoffs and black fridays
Welding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 March 2017
Room for advancement, competitive wages and benefits. Did not enjoy watching good employees walked out. Workforce is above average, upper Management is below average.
Pros
wages
Cons
layoffs
former employee
Inventory Control / Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 February 2017
Like every job it had its days, but in hindsight I should never have left to help a "friend" build a business. it was not the right career move. I left a pension and was screwed over. I should never have left.
Fair place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 February 2017
work was great, people were great, environment was awesome, management was poor and job security was not safe. turn over rate is very high, every year there would be a lay off and then a major hire then repeat.
fun
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
Well when I worked at skyjack over the summer all I was doing was going to almost every line and cleaning up. I would start there at 7:00 am and I was done at 3:00 pm from Monday-Friday. My co-workers were nice I was mostly on my own for most of the time. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the factory floor clean when the employees are working and the forklift is always moving in the factory. The enjoyable part of the job was later once my contract was up skyjack hired me on full time instead of me working as a summer student so I thought that was pretty nice of them to do that.
Pros
Getting to see new people
Cons
Hard to find things
Temporary Employment at Best
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 December 2016
Plant 2 office conditions are poor at best, Dirty and not cleaned very well. Management not interested in Health and Safety.
Cons
Management, Poor Training, or No training
overall ok place to work.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 November 2016
overall okay place to work. Workplace environment was nice and relaxed. Too many meetings to attend to get anything cleared and approved. constant struggle to get people within the same room to get any approval.
Production
Production Supervisor / Weld Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 October 2016
This company was a great company to work for I had most of my training done with Skyjack my apprenticeship and management Training. Wolf Hasselear the CEO of Skyjack at the time was a great owner and employer
Probably one of the worst managed I have ever worked for.
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 October 2016
Definitely not a place for job security. They fire at the drop of hat. Poorly run, poorly managed. They don't seem to have a grip on good business practice. Look after your people and your people will look after you. Something they don't understand at all.
Pros
Cons
Dirty, heavy work. Run like a company in the 1960s.
duties
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 September 2016
Assembled hydraulic manifolds and motors to hydraulic trays

Assisted in the department of research and development by maintaining a clean, stocked work area

Break down old machinery to properly recycle scrap metal and reusable parts
temporary worker
Temporary worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 August 2016
I was hired through a temp agency on temporary basis. but while I was there i learned a lot and enjoyed the work I was doing. i loved the fasted paced work.