Skyjack Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Wages
Wkder (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 30, 2016
Management is terrible
Great co-workers
Mandatory Saturdays gets annoying as you have no time with family
Night Shift always gets blamed for mistakes
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
Management is awful
Great work for a beginner.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 19, 2016
Coming out of college to this environment is a great transition. People were great, doesn't require much skill (dependent on where you are positioned obviously), and the hours are really good.
Pros
Great place to start.
Cons
May have to work nights or afternoons.
great painters crew..good knowledge of details required..very good support from paintline tech..
Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 13, 2016
got along well with everybody from paintline on all 3 shifts,..responded well to suggestions from more experienced painters,..accomplished all task in minim time required regarding rework and repaints parts for assembly lines to ensure a good flow of production,..responded well to extra hours when need,proved advanced skills regarding equipment maintenace, use and necessary settings for a good paint coverage.
was ok not a long term thing
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 31, 2016
A lot of O/T if wanted, production always falling behind.
poor management, rude staff, a lot of layoffs yearly.

A lot to learn and lots of money to be made if you don't mind putting in the hours. Just don't expect to be kept on after contract.
Ok workplace
Senior Design Enginne (PDP) (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 23, 2016
Nothing special about SkyJack. Like any other average employer. Less opportunity to grow. They rather to hire manager and supervisors from outside instead promoting current employees.
Excellent Pay & Supervisors
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Plant 2 (201 Woodlawn Rd)February 25, 2016
The people are absolutely amazing that you work with, but the turnover rate is very high. No sense trying to learn your coworkers names. They push and push production , beyond reasonable expectations then have huge layoffs. We used to have an excellent plant manager, but he was promoted and then we got sent the plant manager from plant 1 ,who is very arrogant and only nice when he wants you to stay late or produce more parts than is physically possible. As for supervisors... we had the best one. He has been there over 25 years. They push him to hard as well Always felt bad for the old guy. It is extremely hot in the summer with only a 10minute break in the morning then a 20minute lunch. The HR girls walk around with a thermometer and we only got water if it was at a certain high; same with heat breaks. One girl welder was very pregnant and asked to be put on light duties near the end of her pregnancy, but they threw her on the hardest and most physical grinding job in the plant. They told her that they had nothing else that she could do & advised that she go on short term disabilitu. It forced her to take her Mat leave early.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Too many disgruntled Senior employees bringing everyone else down.
SkyJack
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 18, 2016
No where to move up. Supervisors turn blind eyes to drug and alcohol abuse with there employees. They push employees 6 days a week, all year so they can lay them off in September, once making annual targets. They provide a BBQ in August employees referred to as "the last meal" and come around with a clip board the next week, like the last 6 months was a tryout for a team. It's a high school environment, filled with plenty of rumours and brown nosing. The cafeteria lady is a Gem, and the food is actually very good. The plant manager(a great guy who is well respected by many) was caught joking around with an office employee on social media claiming they worked with "crayon eating window lickers" and halted the shift to apologize once they became aware employees found out. Employees were so offended by the situation, they brought in packages of crayons the next day to the Pre-shift meeting. I watched an employee lose his leg in a careless forklift accident. The air is blue from weld fumes. I served a 3 year sentence at SkyJail and saw a lot of shady things in the management, and in the shop. Just a paycheque. They did produce the best scissor lifts in the world, which was interesting for about a month. This place will drain you. Good pay. No other reason to be there, other than a handful of great employees to work with. I felt the need to succeed in life and had to depart in order to learn more skills for the industry. My longest weld in the 3 years of working here was on my CWB plate test when It expired. I asked for years to learn a new position and my supervisor basically laughed  more... at me for those years. I laugh when I walk by a skyjack in public now, and think of the great times joking with employees about how much we hated this place, the management, not to mention the politics  less
Pros
Somewhere to start your welding career
Cons
Not enough room in this box
Good pay, but that's about it
Welder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 11, 2016
If you can put up with a high stress and tough work environment, you can make a decent living here, but in the end you will burn out. Consider it a "sprint" job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High stress, management pushed to push you
good place
Welder Fitter (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 30, 2015
weld on the production line assembling product parts for production. assist all workers in the checks and make sure everyone was following orocedures.
Pros
good job
Cons
hard work
Great ppl to work with & earn extra money with mandatory overtime.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
Enjoyed the job and the ability to advance my skills. Most staff were very nice. Management was okay but could have been better. I felt that was due to large number of employee's that they were responsible for. Wages were very good. Wish I had the opportunity to continue with the company. Was great to learn how the product was made. Also learned how to run the production lines as I covered for staff breaks. Being a factory it was loud and very dirty but it didn't bother me. I did enjoy my time with Skyjack only wish it was permanent. Opportunity to earn more money with mandatory overtime for 9 months of the year. Special occasions celebrated with the staff and occasionally free lunches.
Pros
Wages are excellent
Cons
Long hours with mandatory overtime every Saturday for 9mos so family time suffers, they dont like staff taking sick time, or want time off, can lead to problems
Dynamic fast growing company with sales all over the world.
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Guelph, OntarioNovember 17, 2015
Skyjack is the leading manufacturer of scissor lifts and a growing producer of boom lifts and telehandlers.

Product design and manufacturing is performed in Guelph Ontario.

Much of the growth is from new products and geographic areas.
Pros
Fast growing
Cons
Part of an autoparts business
boring
Chemical technician (night-shift) (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 14, 2015
not very exciting, robotic type job that never led to any type of advancement.
forced to do full time night shift with no possibility to switch to days
productive
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 11, 2015
skyjack is a seasonal business and can be very stressful for the winter months
very high turnover with staff/employees
Pros
lunch and learn sessions
Excellent place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 9, 2015
I loved working at Skyjack. I excelled very quickly and was always appreciated and thanked for the work I did. Excellent benefits and rate of pay...above and beyond what I was expecting. Amazing place to work if you're a motivated team player.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Loud, hot environment especially in summer season
Excelent as co-workers, hard to understand management reorganisation
MECHANICAL DESIGNER/PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 1, 2015
Excellent relationships and cooperation with co-workers from my team, other teams and departments.
To much time spend in meetings and to long till reach a decision
Pros
Socializing with co-workers
Cons
To much politics
just a paycheck
Welder/ Fitter (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 24, 2015
this company cares nothing about there employes. they do not care about your safety, and promotions are based on favouritism.
Bad place to be
Assembler/Back Up Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 25, 2015
My experience with Skyjack was overwhelmingly negative. my line was new, everyone brought in was young, UN-educated, unmotivated and unwilling to work at a consistent pace. Tools were poorly supplied (or not supplied at all.) and injuries were occurring constantly (worst injury over the year resulted in amputation of a leg.)

After 6 months of me doing everything in my power to get noticed they promoted a kid who had no experience in a factory, who avidly avoided hard work the entire time, and came in on drugs multiple times (he was later demoted for doing drugs on company property with 2 of his employees.)

I was pushed out of the company by false write ups over errors that didn't happen. (they said I missed something, I had a specific mark for which was present, they then switched paperwork and moved the machines out of view as to not get caught.)
Pros
none.
Cons
bad place to work, Linimar is unanimously hated in the guelph area.
Young new employees with on hands on skills
Production welder (Former Employee) –  GuelphAugust 18, 2015
Working for Skyjack was just ok. New H&S and other young office staff have no real hands on skills and make working there difficult for plant workers to do there every day job. Large employee turn over from unsatisfied work condition.
Pros
7.5 hour days
Cons
unorginized
the type of work day
Welder/fitter (Current Employee) –  201 woodlawn rd guelph ontarioAugust 17, 2015
the type of work day at skyjack is sometimes very unorganized but all and all its a great place to work when u get into work and start your day with no distractions.
Pros
working at your own pace to make sure the job is completed properly
Cons
Only one 10min break and a 20min lunch along with no heat breaks makes it a long day
Organized fairly well with a high target fast pace, too pushy on pushing up production numbers
Assembler/Builder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 7, 2015
decent with the workers needs a better ventilation system too much smoke from weld side but it is still ok considering some of the jobs inside of the factory
Pros
day shift
Cons
not always smart

2.9