The Contract Sales Broker will be responsible to stay current with SkyBase products and their potential in the marketplace that the Broker otherwise presently serves. This position would be suitable for a Calgary based oil & gas industry consultant presently communicating with upper management personnel, looking to augment present income by presenting our solutions when appropriate. Although the duties are individual, sales will be in coordinated with SkyBase team members.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Observe and report contacts with potential customers by using CRM.
- Negotiate and broker sales of SkyBase Products.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for Calgary based information and demonstration requests.
- Report to SkyBase personnel on practical solutions that are needed but are unfulfilled in the marketplace and to keep us informed as to where / how our present products miss the mark.
Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete relationship sensitive sales in the oil & gas marketplace at the upper management level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficiency in CRM solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing technical proposals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer communications and long term relationships.
- Ability to explain a problem and the soundness of a solution: from the creative side and from the analytical side; from the customer’s company needs point of view and from the customer’s personal needs point of view.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related sales/broker/consultant experience desired.
- This is a broker / consultant position, with remuneration via commission. There will be no change to your present work environment; this will be extra-curricular to whatever you are employed at now.
- It is necessary to be fully up to date with all SkyBase products so regular contact is a must. Use of the CRM system is necessary for documentation of customer contact and service continuance.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work.