Position Title: CAD/GIS and Program Tech
The CAD, GIS and Program Tech will help create company standardised and customer driven products and solutions where multiple techniques need to be employed. This position would be suitable for someone looking for low pressure challenges; willing to self teach and who is solution oriented. Although the duties are individual, most work will be in conjunction with team members.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee CAD and GIS related projects with minimal external assistance.
- Serve (as required) as the initial point of contact for inbound GIS related project requests.
- Conceive and implement practical solutions, learning new skills when necessary.
- Create, design or initiate specialized programming when necessary.
Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficiency in CAD; Microstation specifically.
- Proficiency in GIS; MapInfo and Global Mapper specifically.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- Proficiency in programming languages; C#, VB.NET, Android, SQL, QT framework
- Demonstrated ability to create paper and digital maps without supervision using combinations of the above software.
- Possesses strong communication skills for relating directly with customers, assessing their needs and SkyBase’s ability and appropriateness to respond. Technical writing, computer & internet skills are required.
- Ability to explain a problem and the soundness of a solution from both the creative side and the analytical side.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- Tech Grad preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience desired.
- This is a full-time salaried placement, working in office environments and out in the field as needed.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work.