Internship Opportunity: Work for The Alberta Renewable Energy Co-operative (SPARK) and SkyFire Energy!
Use your education to make Alberta more sustainable with a three month PAID internship! The Alberta Renewable Energy Cooperative (SPARK) and SkyFire Energy are seeking a recent post-secondary graduate interested in honing their marketing, public relations, and general business development skills.
Launched in July of 2011, SPARK is Canada's first member-owned electricity retailer. Our mission is to expand the production of renewable energy in the province.
SkyFire Energy is a leading design/build solar contractor with hundreds of grid tied and off grid solar electric systems installed across Canada since 2001.
We are looking for a dynamic, socially conscious, forward thinking intern who is passionate about renewable energy and the environment. The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills, and possess a passion for creative solutions to pressing environmental issues.
Primary duties include:
- Representing SPARK and SkyFire Energy at public events across the province
- Responding to customer inquiries
- Managing the social media platforms of both companies
- Refining marketing materials for both companies
- Finding and creating opportunities for community engagement
- Completing others duties as identified based on the successful applicant’s interests and learning objectives
- Background in business, marketing, environmental science, journalism, and/or communications
- This position is subsidized in part by the Alberta Community and Cooperative Associations Internship program, consequently, applicants must have completed a BA or BSc degree, be currently unemployed and be under 30 years of age
- Knowledge of renewable energy and related environmental policies in Alberta
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or comparable design software
This will be a 3-month, full-time (40 hrs/wk) position beginning May 8th, 2013 and starting at $18.80/hr. The opportunity to transition to a permanent, full-time position may exist at the end of the internship with SPARK and/or SkyFire Energy. The intern will be working out of SkyFire Energy’s office in Calgary.
Due to the high level of interest we have had in this position in the past, we ask that applicants please create a short video (1-3 minutes) outlining who you are and why you are interested in this position. As the internship is primarily focused on marketing, communication and client/stakeholder relations, with a chunk of public speaking, please keep in mind that we are looking for creativity and someone who has a knack for a creating a compelling message. We are certainly looking for passion for the job and are okay with things a bit on the quirky side but be careful to not cross the line of being unprofessional. You can choose to upload your video to YouTube on public setting, or private (instructions on how to make it a private video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gz7RyPcJZo.) We will not share any videos set to private without your consent.
Send video along with resume and cover letter to Paul Cabaj, CEO, SPARK (info@sparkyourpower) and David Vonesch, COO, SkyFire Energy (careers@skyfireenergy) by 11:59PM April 25th, 2013.
For more information on Spark visit: www.sparkyourpower.ca
For more information on SkyFire Energy visit: www.skyfireenergy.com