LOCATION: Sky 360 Restaurant & Lounge
POSITION TITLE: FOH Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
Located at the top of the Calgary Tower, Sky 360 is a revolving restaurant and bar that offers more than just an unforgettable view of Calgary and the Rocky Mountains. Spectacular food, inviting contemporary design and an award winning wine program all come together to create a unique dining destination that towers above the rest.
Learn more at: http://www.sky360.ca/
Sky 360 is seeking a mature and experienced Front of House Manager that is available days, nights, weekdays and weekends. Overseeing all front of house operations, the FOH Manager is responsible for coordinating the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve set objectives including sales, guest service, marketing, budgeting and employee training. Representing Sky 360 as a constant presence in the restaurant, the FOH Manager is responsible for ensuring the company image is always supported through client interactions and consistently high levels of service. Sky 360 is looking for a Manager who can deliver an exceptional customer experience from start to finish. Professional dress is required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure every guest is handled with the highest level of professionalism and complaints are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- Managing a team of 40+ employees.
- Master cooperative and consistent levels of communication with the kitchen staff, front-end staff and management.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, instructions and company memorandums and communicating them to team with little or no additional direction.
- Understand products and services, develop new prospects for opportunity, and understand guest needs clearly.
- Prepare restaurant sales ideas, forecast sales and consistently set and meet sales goals.
- Control personal promo budgets and report any overages to General Manager.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Adapt to different personalities of clients, vendors and coworkers without losing focus.
- Possess high professional ethics and avoid extreme familiarity or conflicts with others.
- Understand and practice motivational management techniques.
- Recruit, hire, manage and discipline FOH personnel.
- Delegate appropriate tasks and manage staff workloads.
- Provide instruction for staff members and coach employees to improve learning and enhance performance.
- Evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to guests.
- Recognize problems and be able to appropriately resolve using good judgment, negotiation, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure.
- Identify and utilize internal and external sources to improve and maintain the company’s objectives.
- Occasionally perform physical activities in a variety of environmental conditions that require moderate to maximum strength including sitting, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking and handling of materials.
- Use logic and reason to identify solutions and alternatives for a successful outcome in many situations including cost/benefit analysis, sales and product quality, and conflict resolution.
- Work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others.
- Execute ad-hoc administrative and operational duties are required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a full-time restaurant management position.
- High School Diploma with basic math skills is required.
- Food Safe Certification is required.
- Proserve Certification is required.
- Post-secondary education in business, management and/or hospitality is considered an asset.
- Wine Certificate considered an asset.
- First Aid and CPR considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of industry best practises, guest services and food and beverage.
- Strong communication skills with ability to establish and develop relationships with employees, partners, vendors and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed sales objectives and substantial knowledge and experience successfully executing modern sales strategies.
- Practised leadership skills in a hospitality environment and demonstrated ability to manage and train a team while positively influencing employee behaviour and development.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, control and composure in difficult and stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize efficient work schedules, delegate tasks and work effectively under pressure to achieve objectives.
- Experience handling personnel issues and executing performance management procedures including performance reviews, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to successfully delegate tasks and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player that leads by example and has demonstrated the ability to reliably execute or delegate work to meet objectives.
- Experience and knowledge of budget analysis methods, general accounting skills and ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Ability to fluently communicate in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Competitive base salary (dependent on experience)
- Benefits package
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
CONTACT NAME: Michelle
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position, please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Concorde’s requirements will be contacted.
All applicant information submitted will be reviewed by the Concorde Group and will remain in strict confidence.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.