Selkirk Paving, part of the Interoute Construction Ltd. (ICL Ltd.) group, is seeking Senior Accountant to work out of the regional office located in Crescent Valley British Columbia. ICL Ltd. is a division of Terus Construction Ltd., a leader in the construction industry in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory.
Reporting to the Regional Controller and Area Manager, the candidate is responsible for providing a range of accounting and costing services for the operation, which include job cost analysis, contract monitoring and control, general accounting functions, and other financial assignments.
- Preparation and processing of A/P, A/R and related G/L entries
- Preparation of various month end production and sales reports
- Analyze and reconcile G/L accounts monthly
- Monitor cost and report any variances
- Preparation of intercompany invoicing and account analysis
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends
- Require a good knowledge MS Excel
- Good understanding of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Explorer Software would be an asset
- Team player
- Strong supervisory skills
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Completion of Level 3 of a recognized professional accounting program (CGA, CA or CMA), or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 5-8 years of work experience in a similar position
We offer a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefit plan and a pension plan. In addition the Company offers many development opportunities through tailored training programs.
For more information visit our website at: www.terusconstruction.ca.
Please send your resume stating position to the Human Resources department on the Indeed site or by fax at: 604 575-3691
Terus Construction Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only applicants selected to be interviewed, will be contacted.