SkipTheDishes Employee Reviews

Worst Dispatcher... So rude.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2017
When you are on job the least thing you want your dispatcher to being an as. If you say no to a job because it's a less pay. He gives you sht on that plus stop giving you new orders. I hate the system where we have to coordinate with dispatcher. It should be simple delivery from pick up to drop off. No middle man like dispatcher. Plus they should increase the job pay like Uber Eats Because the gas prices are rising day by day in Ontario they need to understand that.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Less pay
love/hate relationship
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
you pick your hours, its very easy to drop shifts and some people tip really well. most people tip not much and its a far drive and a bad building to park at and they dont give the buzzer and arent answering the phone and youre waiting in the cold holding a bunch of food that you made like $6 on and wasted 45 minutes and a bunch of gas. but its ok.
Better off with Pizza Pizza or Domino's
Food Courier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 October 2017
No minimum wage, no insurance coverage, not worth it.
Pizza places normally pay an hourly wage plus something for each delivery and you get to keep your tips usually paid DAILY IN CASH!
Cons
too many couriers in calgary
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
they have flooded Calgary with too many couriers, now getting a pickup is like winning the lottery. you will be lucky to make 60$ in an entire day minus gas expenses. I spend 80% of my shift waiting for a pickup. the more couriers there are the less money you make. not worth it.
Pros
no bosses
Cons
not good pay, wear on car
Solid
Courier (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB22 October 2017
Not great for full-time, but excellent for people looking to earn some spare cash here and there. The worst part of the whole thing is the app is poorly designed however (barely) functional.
Pros
any hours, can bring friends, fair pay in general
Cons
wear and tear on vehicle, cell data use, restaurants wait times
Good way to earn money when unemployed or need a flexible part time job
COURIER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2017
This job is for people who are struggling finding a job at the moment or for those people who needs a flexible job. Being able to pick your own shift and choosw when you work has been really helpful. Its great if you have a fulltime job and is looking to make extra money.

Downside for this is you cant make this into a fulltime. If no one orders, you dont get money. Not reccomended for people whos looking for an actual job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No orders, no job
Low pay. Avoid.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2017
Been working for these guys for a month now. The app is reasonably well organized. Call centre support is friendly enough. Flexibility is nice.

Pay is very low.

The base per-delivery fees don't cover minimum wage, leaving you relying on tips. In a sprawling city like Calgary, a deliveries can take a while because of how far away people are from the restaurant they order from. In a 3-hour shift, I usually get 5 deliveries, which pay between $5 and $9 per delivery AFTER tips. And then I go pay for gas and wear on my vehicle.

I've been told the call centre in Winnipeg pays minimum wage, so the guys answering phones are doing better than the drivers, but not much.

Best to avoid working for these guys until they can at least offer minimum wage.
Pros
Flexable schedule. Okay app organization. Okay support.
Cons
Earnings often below minimum wage. No compensation for gas. No compensation for milage. Avoid.
Dont work with them
Food Courier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 September 2017
Very rude chat staff. you can not rely on how many orders you can get. you might get 2 order one Saturday and get back to back order next Saturday. This job doesn't have a reliable income.
Pros
you can be your own boss
Cons
very rude chat staff
Worst Employer in Grande Prairie
Courier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 August 2017
They should just name themselves SkipTheService....

MANY times will operators screw up order #'s or give you the incorrect delivery information.

Late because of traffic? Call support line for help with directions? Too bad! get ready to be sidelined for the rest of the night. Or watch Operators hand pick the worst deliveries possible.

Avoid this terrible, TERRIBLE company at all costs!
Pros
Flexible?
Cons
Literally everything else
Flexible hours but very poor management
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 August 2017
I worked for these guys for about 2 months, started out ok in the beginning as i delivered in the city where I live but as they add new cities around mine to their company they would send me deliveries that would mean me driving to the next city over and delivering back to my own city and most time it was for very little money, when you refuse then they play games and act like spoiled brats, not giving you any calls for the rest of your shift. Save yourself the hassle and frustration, get a hourly paying delivery job.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
low pay/poor operators
Find something else
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2017
You will never know your supervisors, they will never know you.
They will leave you hanging out to dry, and when you try and contact them, they will be silent.
It could be good work, but to management, drivers are NOTHING, and get treated as such. Know your city well, know your route well, because sometimes you will be on your own with hot food, and sometimes no way to contact the client (because they won't answer their phone) See if a delivery like that, which pays $3.74 is worth it.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
low pay, very little help from dispatch
Get Delivery Insurance
Courier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 August 2017
There are enough reviews here from couriers that I don't have much to add there except to comment on the insurance issue. If you are doing deliveries with your car, you must have delivery insurance. It takes no more than telling your broker to change the rate group to delivery and paying a slightly higher premium. Otherwise, no, of course, your vehicle would be rated for leisure and to-from an office so you could end up being very very sorry. There's a big difference when you are putting 100 km on your car every day vs. commuting 5 km each way to work.
Pros
Generally flexible
Cons
Couriers are treated like commodities, but this is improving a bit.
very flexible
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2017
You can choose your schedule, and usually you are busy
you manage everything through the skipthedishes application
good tips, 100% of tips are for you.
good as a Part time job
Pros
you manage your time
Cons
no benefits, no gas or km included
Manitoba's Worst Employer
Employee (Former Employee) –  Head Office23 July 2017
SkipTheDishes has the lowest morale of any company I have ever worked for. They treat their employees as if they were machines and expect them to constantly grind out work day after day without any sort of reward. They don't pay well and the most of the management is very young and thoroughly inexperienced. I would not recommend working here.
HUGE lack of communication
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2017
Tried this out as I thought it would be a great way to make some cash before we moved. Their app glitched out and the guy on the courier chat made me feel like garbage cuz of their issue. I asked them to cancel my shifts due to the app not working and they didn't so I was given an unreliable status in their network.
Paid 75$ to get my delivery bags and used them twice. Was given 20$ dollars back. They said it would be a "very miniscule" restocking fee. 50$ to give back 2 delivery bags?????
RIPOFF!!!!! Do not work for this company. Huge lies and lots of miscommunication. And yes, very few patrons tip so you make 56$ in one day but might use a lot more gas than that.....
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Rude chat staff, liars, glitchy app
horrible place to work!
Live Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2017
They tell you they are flexible with work hours and that there is a work/life balance. BIG LIE! They threaten you if you don't work a minimum of 20 hours a week. Management only cares about themselves. They don't care if you have a fulltime job or a family.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no work/life balance, horrible management
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2017
I'm an engineer and have worked in project management for almost a decade. My previous employers were a large oil & gas company and a large industrial construction firm.

This job and work environment at SkipTheDishes is a much better fit for me.
- No more old boys club, I no longer have 10 different 40+ year old lazy bosses to report to
- Fast pace work, constant innovation and change keeps things very interesting and is a great use of my problem solving skills
- Great young motivated people to work with
Pros
No politics, fast pace, challenging, great people
Cons
start-up environment not for everyone, occassionally need to work longer, irregular hours
Great place to work and learn.
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2017
Great, fast pace environment. It's a younger work place with eggar employees. Management takes an interest in mentoring and developing staff. It is a lot of hard work but a great opportunity to see your hard work make an actual difference.
Not enjoyable
Digital Content Developer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2017
Had high expectations when I got a job here but it has been very much a letdown. There is not work-life balance at Skip. They expect you to sell your soul but give very little compensation in return.
Challenging Work, Fast Paced
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 April 2017
The best part of SkipTheDishes are the people I get to work with everyday. This combined with a fast paced work environment makes Skip a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SkipTheDishes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7