Skin Vitality Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very Toxic Work Environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 August 2017
When I first started at the company, it was all roses and sunshine. It quickly became obvious that it was a horrible place to work. The turnover rate is more than 100% (ie, more people come and go than stay). No benefits, lousy pay. Promises of advancement that never come. Employees are berated on a daily basis. Seems to be the goal of management to make someone cry every day.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Workplace
Medical Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 July 2017
Skin Vitality was a great place to work. The staff was like family, and I learned so much from them. The best part of the job was making woman and men feel like they love themselves again. Helping fix their problem areas. It was rewarding knowing that you are making someone smile again.
Pros
Co-workers turned family.
Cons
long hours.
Most of these reviews are fake
Medical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill10 January 2017
SV is a terrible place to work period. They charge way to much for treatments that don't work and they don't pay the employees enough. Terrible!!!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Fun Dedicated workplace
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  All locations24 November 2016
I am a technician at Skin Vitality and absolutely love it. There are many opportunities and room to grow. It is a very team orientated environment and very rewarding helping clients achieve their goals with their treatments. I love the superior training in skin care products, and intensive training on new and exciting services. My co-workers are dedicated to working and learning together as a team, creating a fun pleasant work environment. I look forward to growing with the company and train all new employees to be a part of the team, starting their career off with success!
Pros
Always upgrading and training, fun work environment, team work
Cons
long days
Room for growth and fun atmosphere
Technician / Sales / Reception (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 October 2016
I have worked at Skin vitality for 4 years now, I have always been given opportunities to learn, grow and take on different aspects of the company that i greatly appreciate.

My co-workers i work with daily are amazing hard working ladies and are always here to support me.

My directors and boss's are always there when i need advice or if i find somethings not working out for me they accommodate me as much as possible.

I think of some of these ladies as family and even close friends and enjoy seeing and speaking with them every day.
Pros
advancement, monthly rewards and prizes, getting discounts on products and services
Cons
long hours and no health benefits
I feel very welcomed as a new team member
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2016
I am somewhat new to Skin Vitality. I am a part-time nurse at the Mississauga location. I am really enjoying my positive at the clinic. The staff/managment has been very helpful and welcoming. The patients are amazing - I truly love helping people look and feel good about themselves.
Pros
discounts, staff, beautiful work space
Cons
long days
Great place to work and make people feel great!
Director (Current Employee) –  All clinics14 September 2016
I have been working with Skin Vitality for approx 3 years and very much enjoy it. Sure there are ups and downs, that's normal anywhere you go. The staff are friendly and warm hearted. Getting to be a part of making someone feel good about themselves has to be the most rewarding feeling.
Another aspect I really enjoy is that they allow you to get treatments yourself so you are getting to see first hand the incredible results and how they work.
So you can be assured that when a staff member tells you the treatments are great, it comes from first hand experience.
The days are busy and keep you on your toes which allows you to strive for more and feel accomplished. Definitely room to grow as this company is booming!
Pros
Friendly, room for growth
Friendly co-workers - Fun place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 September 2016
Busy place to work which makes the days go by very quick. All the staff is very friendly and great to work with. Managers are approachable and thoughtful. I would be happy to grow my career at Skin Vitality.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Working weekends and long days sometimes
Terrible Company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
I used to work at SV over a year as a technician, I can tell this company doesn't care the employees and their cleints at all, they only care about Money. Lots of client complaints every day.
Sales director attitude is very negative, to work close to her is very depressing. She is bulling everybody.
There is no growing opportunity, they just promiseing things and never doing it.
Traumatizing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 April 2016
I worked for this company for a year, and after my first week I knew something felt off. I continued to stay and shortly after I came to realize why every week there were new employees coming in and out. Either you were getting fired or people were finally realizing how terrible this place is and they were willingly leaving. The turnover rate at this place is one for the books! Never in my life have I seen such disrespect towards employees from the owner and her managers! The amount of complaints from clients is ridiculous, and the amount of money being taken from these poor people should be illegal! There were days that I would go home at the end of my shift crying because of how I was being treated, even for things that were beyond my control! I was treated like dirt, and so were my co-workers.
always something new and exciting !!!
Reception (Current Employee) –  Ajax ON13 October 2015
I am a receptionist at the Ajax clinic location. I have been with this company for 2 + years. Skin Vitality works as a team with our patients always being the primary focus. Front desk is a busy job - multitasking ability is a must have!

I look forward to growing with this company.
positive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill13 October 2015
Skin Vitality is a great place to work!

My coworkers are amazing and every day is different.

One of my favorite things about working here is being part of our clients experience as these treatments help them gain confidence and pride in the way they look which in turn reflects on their overall quality of life.

I really enjoy coming to work every day!
Good Experience
Accounting Department (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 October 2015
I have been working in Skin Vitality for 4 years now and it has been a delight. Working here not only helped me grow professionally but personally as well. Management is gracefully supportive and they make sure staffs' voice are being heard. Overall, this place not only helps you look 10 years younger, but also helps me grow 10 years wiser.
Pros
Growth, Supportive
Great culture & room for advancement within company
RPN and Laser Specialist (Former Employee) –  various18 September 2015
I worked at Skin Vitality for 5 years. I left only because my husbands job relocated us to Alberta. I came across this review page and decided to share my experience as I feel a lot of these reviews are extremely unfair and inaccurate. My experience with this company was a very positive one. My direct manager was an amazing, professional, fair, knowledgeable women. I worked out of 2 clinic locations and love my fellow employees. (I still keep in touch with many of them). Salary was fair and competitive. I met with the owner several times during clinic visits, staff parties, training, etc. She was always very gracious.
run!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 July 2012
You are treated like an animal. A very high turnover..everyone complains.