We have a big vacancy for qualified Pipefitters for a project in Saskatchewan. International Candidates are encouraged to apply, we have a pre-approved LMO.
Contract begins in January 2014 and will last for 2 years, depending on project progress.
Wage: Starting at $34.50/Hr plus Health Benefits
What You'll Be Doing
- Connect piping systems to water mains, supply tanks, pumps, compressors and control equipment
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Actively participate in the Iyinisiw safety program
- Other tasks related to pipefitting as may be required during the course of business
- A journey person certificate and 5 years work experience in the trade is required. Completion of secondary school or vocational school or a high school degree with a minimum of 10 years work experience in the trade will also be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Pipefitter trade certification is considered an asset
- Safety tickets are considered an asset
- Interprovincial Red Seal is an asset
- Valid driver’s license is an asset
Please reply in confidence with your CV and attached tickets.