Position: General Manager of Ski Banff, Lake Louise-Sunshine
Address: 215 Banff Avenue, Box 1085, Banff, AB T1L 1H9
Summary Description / Objectives:
This is the lead managing role of the Ski Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine (SBLLS) Joint Venture.
This role works directly with the 3 ski areas’ ownership and senior management in order to maximize the outcomes of the ski areas’ joint goals.
The General Manger is to be an active ‘face’ and ‘voice’ for SBLLS and the 3 Areas as it relates to Marketing and Sales of the international “Destination Ski Market”. This includes an active role with the marketing partners such as DMO’s, PMO’s, CTC, Local businesses, etc. and to the extent possible, should participate in Boards, Working Groups, etc. to further the position and influence of SBLLS within these organizations.
As it relates to the scope and objectives of SBLLS, the General Manager is responsible for the visioning, development and implementation of Long Range Strategic plans and Annual Business Plans (Marketing Plan and Budget)
Key Priorities include (and are not limited to):
- Ensuring a high quality of customer service, skiing and National Park experience for Canadian and International visitors to the Ski Areas
- Developing and providing consistent Marketing, Promotion and Sales services to the Ski areas as a single International skiing destination to the Destination Ski Market
- Provide cost savings and economics of scale for the delivery of customer service, Sales, promotions, seasons passes and other related activities
- Maximize the economic benefit to the Joint Ventures by increasing visitor and revenue to the Ski Areas from the Destination Ski Market
Qualifications, profile of Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in senior leadership positions with particular focus in ski / snowboard Sales & Marketing
- Education in related fields (Tourism, Marketing & Sales, Business, etc.)
- Strong motivator with high levels of creativity and innovation
- Ability to develop consensus among parties with diverse interests
- Experience in Strategic Planning
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong Business acumen
- Excellent understanding and experience including ski marketing, promotion, partnerships, sales, advertising, digital / electronic channels and social media
- International marketing and sales expertise in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other countries
- Experience working with commercial airlines that move destination skiers, airline partnerships, cooperative advertising and promotions
- Existing contacts and/or presence in BLL community and/or in BLL or Alberta tourism industry is an asset
- Oversee and lead SBLLS’s activities including Operations & Administration, Marketing & Sales, Central Reservations, Snow Schools, Rental/Retail Store, Season Passes and various related partnerships with strong focus on Revenue generation.
- Through reporting Directors, ensures a high level of Engagement and Satisfaction of the employees of SBLLS
- In coordination with 3 areas, develops and implements strategies to achieve SBLLS’s objectives and maximize opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships and work closely as a key partner with applicable BLLT, Alberta and Canadian Marketing partners.
- Oversee, maintain and develop substantial reporting to the Joint Venture partners
- Develop agenda and chair Operations Committee meetings.
- Participate in Management Committee meetings acting as Secretary of the Board representing the SBLLS organization to the Ownership group.
Salary: $120,000 to $165,000 annually, plus bonus, dental benefits, disability benefits and group insurance.
Full Time: 40 hours per week