SKF Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SKF is a great place to work and it has taken me on a journey few have experienced.
Business Excellence Facilitator (Current Employee), Torrington CTNovember 14, 2013
Pros: having a high degree of freedom, empowerment, and a feeling that management is putting trust in your efforts and judgements
Cons: juggling all tasks with the correct priority
A typical day at work would start with a walk through the manufacturing and say good mornign to all employees. Then there would be the daily follow up meeting with the management to review the important KPIs. Then there will be a short review of the business development efforts and a deep dive into the the level of service quality to the customers. After that, I will see the production management to ensure stability and ask whether they need support in amy way. Before lunch I would attend to emails after having made sure the operations are running smooth.
After lunch there would be various improvement meetings on a variety of topics such as safety, kaizen, quality, finance etc.
The hardest part of the job is to find time to respond to all demands with correct priority. The most enjoyable part is to experience the business and the organization develop as a result of hard and focused work.
Great company but horrible leadership
Warranty Technician (Current Employee), Elgin, ILJuly 14, 2014
The opportunities are all there. The jobs are all there. The bit and pieces to create a great working environment are all there. Yet this company views the employee as a number and constantly puts focus on the bottom line above all, which is to be expected but not to the point of denying full time positions to temporary employees for years at a time or forcing early retirement upon senior members of the organization. The glass ceiling is very apparent, and it holds back some of the best potential individuals, resulting in most new hires leaving in the first few years to pursue better.
Supportive work environment and enjoyful work.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Mathura, UPDecember 19, 2013
Pros: good competition with the others company to make the sharp our skills.
Cons: getting late after complation of working hours.
When the more tenders will be opened on the sites.
I m learning from my job that the how to handle the lot of work at a same time and how we can take work form the others by motivating them by our talks.
The job is job and the good thing in the job that how you are taking your work as a pressure and as a joy. live your work and think always that we are a part of company and the important thing is that the hard work with smart work.
The hardest part of the job is punctuality.
A long drive to work
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee), Graniteville, SCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: distance to job site
A work day at SKF was first finding out what station you were going to work at that day. Second learning the new station in within that day. I pretty much learned the job fast. Their were some good supervisor and bad ones. I like working with co-workers they help time fly by. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after job was completed. The best part of the job was the long ride home.
ABOUT SKF SPARE TECH
Administrative Assistant and Accounts (Current Employee), keralaJuly 2, 2015
Pros: free launch . transport allowance and gratuity
Cons: good atmosphere
SKF SPARE TECH It is the big company across the world ,There fore i got the good knowledge about this company also my carrier through working this company . All staffs are friendly and cooperatively . I had worked around two years with this company,
Also good atmosphere for working here . i have only good suggestions about this company .
I have learning taxation and as well as finance activities like filing returns,preparation of CENVAT register naintaining the C form receipts
Finance Executive (Current Employee), Mysore, KASeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, cab fecilities, breakfast, tea, coffee
SKF technology is a NO 1 Bearings manufacturing company in the world.Here i am working as finance executive and as well as taxation ,this is a very good experience to learn things,and to improve my knowledge.
Friendly and productive workplace
Human Resources Administrator - Part time (Former Employee), LutonJune 24, 2013
I enjoyed a varied working day as I assisted in both factory and office HR departments and Occupational Health, and also covered the reception when required.
I was always treated courteously by both management and co-workers even though I was there on a temporary basis.
Diverse company with opportunities for advancement
Sr Cust Service Rep / System Coordinator (Former Employee), Elgin, IL - Corporate officeMarch 25, 2012
Pros: training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, advancement, excellent benefit package.
Cons: travel
During my 24 years at SKF, (formerly known as Chicago Rawhide), I was able to take training courses and further my education through SKF, allowing me to advance.
Excellent Working Environment
Training Business Development, Intern (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaJune 9, 2015
The working environment is excellent ! It was an Expo pavilion before it was purchased by SKF. Inside is open and wide. Employees can even take 2-wheel transporter in workplace. In addition, like most Nordic businesses, the benefit is generous.
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of veiw.
Condition Monitoring Engineer (Current Employee), INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of view.i learn lots from here.i advised to fresh engineers to join this company for make their future better. you will find good opportunities in your career.
Chicago Rawhide - SKF - Elgin
Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Elgin, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Custom in-house automation building and satellite plant support from the Elgin headquarters allowed a superior internal knowledge support base for production floors to acquire fast solutions to manufacturing issues and continuous improvment
Challenging work, good benefits
Reliability Technician (Former Employee), Ishpeming, MIJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and training
Cons: Poor management and communication, harsh work conditions
Good schedule and benefits. Decent pay rate and good training available. Poor communication and very poorly managed company from the top down.
A good company but management left a little to be desired
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lansdale, PADecember 20, 2013
I was never quite sure what I needed to do in this position to really succeed. Everything would seemingly go well, then there would be a management review and a lot of criticism would come out.
It's a good company
Director of Technical Services - China (Former Employee), ChinaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: pay is good.
Cons: vision and strategy is inconsistent across the corporation.
SKF has a good management team at the corporate level but doesn't integrate acquisitions well. Co-workers were resistant to change in China.
Had ups and downs
Lead Press Mold (Former Employee), Seneca, KSOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Get to do alot of diffrent things and move up quick.
Cons: Forced overtime sometime no days off
This company was a good place. they treated the employees right. Very understanding, pay wasn't bad for the work load, family/ friend work environment.
Unique and positive corporate culture
Inside Sales (Current Employee), PAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: corporate culture provides great work experience.
After working in other industries for companies of varying sizes, I came to SKF. They truly care about their employees, the local community and their customers.
Good environment, co-workers of very high and good quality.
Marketing assistant (Current Employee), Madrid, MDJanuary 4, 2014
Very efficient management processes, good professionals with high standards of ethics and responsibility.
Comfortable and good environment. Excellent products and company.
friendly enviornment
safety officer assistant (Former Employee), hobart, oklahomaJune 5, 2015
a normal typical day would start with inspection and could contain a small safety presentation. talking to the workers was a big part of it, and fortunately all of them there were friendly and cooperative.
Productive Workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches and cabs service
Cons: Pay, Bonuses
Low Pay: Bonuses are promised on paper and are never paid out in full.

Variable component of the salary is too high.

Less Job Security as they fire people.

Free food.

Free Cabs
fun work place
maintance (Current Employee), ClevedonNovember 9, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: the site is abit far from home
skf is a great place to work lot of great benefits for there employees and lot of holidays and approx 10 days time off during Christmas fully paid which is separate from your holiday