SKF Employee Reviews

Horrible work ethics
Slave (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2016
The North Charleston facility is a joke. Blatant racism and discrimination. Underpaid employees manufacturing expensive bearings. Not the place for people of color. Favoritism at an all time high which leads to low moral. They add all kinds of unnecessary processes to hike the price of the bearings.
Pros
Cons
Racist, underpaid, low moral. Shady management.
Customer Service Lansdale
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAApril 22, 2016
Very understaffed at the amount of work per people, very hard to giff proper service and managers are trained to spin that issue that you have to do more, and turn a blind eye to how much workload is humanly possible. Managers and directors are smiling actors
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
sneaky managers
It was a great pleasure and experience working with SKF
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 21, 2016
I was instrumental in getting ISO 9000 for SKF India both for their Pune and Bangalore plants and it was a great experience.
Pros
Employees are respected for their knowledge and skills.
Cons
petty politics amongst employees
Productive days
PdM Specialist (Former Employee) –  LutonMay 17, 2016
Great company. I enjoyed my time working there. I loved the challenged I had working there.

My co-workers were great and the management team was very capable.
Pros
Job work/Life balance
Cons
I cannot say anything.
it was a great place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2015
typical day at work 8 to 10 hr shift I worked for this company for 14 yrs.I started off making injectors for lubrication assembly line to tester later moved to another department where I assemble pump tubes -grease guns assembled everything that pumped grease and oil.went to shipping department worked ups line as a processor picked and packed in warehouse.mamagement and coworkers were great people.
I have learning taxation and as well as finance activities like filing returns,preparation of CENVAT register naintaining the C form receipts
Finance Executive (Current Employee) –  Mysore, KASeptember 13, 2015
SKF technology is a NO 1 Bearings manufacturing company in the world.Here i am working as finance executive and as well as taxation ,this is a very good experience to learn things,and to improve my knowledge.
Pros
Free lunch, cab fecilities, breakfast, tea, coffee
fun work place
maintance (Current Employee) –  ClevedonNovember 9, 2015
skf is a great place to work lot of great benefits for there employees and lot of holidays and approx 10 days time off during Christmas fully paid which is separate from your holiday
Pros
good hours
Cons
the site is abit far from home
Had ups and downs
Lead Press Mold (Former Employee) –  Seneca, KSOctober 26, 2015
This company was a good place. they treated the employees right. Very understanding, pay wasn't bad for the work load, family/ friend work environment.
Pros
Get to do alot of diffrent things and move up quick.
Cons
Forced overtime sometime no days off
Productive Workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  BangaloreSeptember 27, 2015
Low Pay: Bonuses are promised on paper and are never paid out in full.

Variable component of the salary is too high.

Less Job Security as they fire people.

Free food.

Free Cabs
Pros
Free Lunches and cabs service
Cons
Pay, Bonuses
ABOUT SKF SPARE TECH
Administrative Assistant and Accounts (Current Employee) –  keralaJuly 2, 2015
SKF SPARE TECH It is the big company across the world ,There fore i got the good knowledge about this company also my carrier through working this company . All staffs are friendly and cooperatively . I had worked around two years with this company,
Also good atmosphere for working here . i have only good suggestions about this company .
Pros
free launch . transport allowance and gratuity
Cons
good atmosphere
Challenging work, good benefits
Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Ishpeming, MIJuly 22, 2015
Good schedule and benefits. Decent pay rate and good training available. Poor communication and very poorly managed company from the top down.
Pros
Good benefits and training
Cons
Poor management and communication, harsh work conditions
Excellent Working Environment
Training Business Development, Intern (Former Employee) –  Shanghai, ChinaJune 9, 2015
The working environment is excellent ! It was an Expo pavilion before it was purchased by SKF. Inside is open and wide. Employees can even take 2-wheel transporter in workplace. In addition, like most Nordic businesses, the benefit is generous.
friendly enviornment
safety officer assistant (Former Employee) –  hobart, oklahomaJune 5, 2015
a normal typical day would start with inspection and could contain a small safety presentation. talking to the workers was a big part of it, and fortunately all of them there were friendly and cooperative.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJune 25, 2015
Heavy phone calls, order entry. I learned alot about the products. The hardest part of the job was the balance of good customer service and trying to make your call quota.
Work and helping employees
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 28, 2015
Learned a lot about people and different cultures, different cases every day. Hardest part was to please all management, but enjoyed and loved the challenge.
Good working environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt LakeJune 30, 2015
The workers and supervisors were easy to get along with and communicate with. Work was easy once the skills were met at the reasonable level.
Chicago Rawhide - SKF - Elgin
Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Custom in-house automation building and satellite plant support from the Elgin headquarters allowed a superior internal knowledge support base for production floors to acquire fast solutions to manufacturing issues and continuous improvment
Great company but horrible leadership
Warranty Technician (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 14, 2014
The opportunities are all there. The jobs are all there. The bit and pieces to create a great working environment are all there. Yet this company views the employee as a number and constantly puts focus on the bottom line above all, which is to be expected but not to the point of denying full time positions to temporary employees for years at a time or forcing early retirement upon senior members of the organization. The glass ceiling is very apparent, and it holds back some of the best potential individuals, resulting in most new hires leaving in the first few years to pursue better.
It's a good company
Director of Technical Services - China (Former Employee) –  ChinaFebruary 16, 2015
SKF has a good management team at the corporate level but doesn't integrate acquisitions well. Co-workers were resistant to change in China.
Pros
pay is good.
Cons
vision and strategy is inconsistent across the corporation.
Supportive work environment and enjoyful work.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Mathura, UPDecember 19, 2013
When the more tenders will be opened on the sites.
I m learning from my job that the how to handle the lot of work at a same time and how we can take work form the others by motivating them by our talks.
The job is job and the good thing in the job that how you are taking your work as a pressure and as a joy. live your work and think always that we are a part of company and the important thing is that the hard work with smart work.
The hardest part of the job is punctuality.
Pros
good competition with the others company to make the sharp our skills.
Cons
getting late after complation of working hours.