SKF Employee Reviews

Very structured and fair.
Warehouse Manager / Assembly Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2016
The things I liked most about SKF was their willingness to invest into employees. We were always very busy, never seemed to have enough time. Management team was great and we all seemed to know what the GOAL was at all times. The hardest part of the job was change. The people were great it was like a family. My favorite thing about my job at SKF was being able to improve many processes.
Pros
Great benifts. Great employee empowerment.
Cons
Change from a family to a huge global company.
Horrible work ethics
Slave (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2016
The North Charleston facility is a joke. Blatant racism and discrimination. Underpaid employees manufacturing expensive bearings. Not the place for people of color. Favoritism at an all time high which leads to low moral. They add all kinds of unnecessary processes to hike the price of the bearings.
Pros
Cons
Racist, underpaid, low moral. Shady management.
Customer Service Lansdale
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAApril 22, 2016
Very understaffed at the amount of work per people, very hard to giff proper service and managers are trained to spin that issue that you have to do more, and turn a blind eye to how much workload is humanly possible. Managers and directors are smiling actors
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
sneaky managers
Productive Workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  BangaloreSeptember 27, 2015
Low Pay: Bonuses are promised on paper and are never paid out in full.

Variable component of the salary is too high.

Less Job Security as they fire people.

Free food.

Free Cabs
Pros
Free Lunches and cabs service
Cons
Pay, Bonuses
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, GautengMay 24, 2016
My work has given me a lot of growth and learned a lot from my co-workers and I am a team player.
The entire management is supportive to the overall team and making work ease.
Pros
Coaching and mentoring Management
It was a great pleasure and experience working with SKF
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 21, 2016
I was instrumental in getting ISO 9000 for SKF India both for their Pune and Bangalore plants and it was a great experience.
Pros
Employees are respected for their knowledge and skills.
Cons
petty politics amongst employees
Productive days
PdM Specialist (Former Employee) –  LutonMay 17, 2016
Great company. I enjoyed my time working there. I loved the challenged I had working there.

My co-workers were great and the management team was very capable.
Pros
Job work/Life balance
Cons
I cannot say anything.
I have learning taxation and as well as finance activities like filing returns,preparation of CENVAT register naintaining the C form receipts
Finance Executive (Current Employee) –  Mysore, KASeptember 13, 2015
SKF technology is a NO 1 Bearings manufacturing company in the world.Here i am working as finance executive and as well as taxation ,this is a very good experience to learn things,and to improve my knowledge.
Pros
Free lunch, cab fecilities, breakfast, tea, coffee
Challenging work, good benefits
Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Ishpeming, MIJuly 22, 2015
Good schedule and benefits. Decent pay rate and good training available. Poor communication and very poorly managed company from the top down.
Pros
Good benefits and training
Cons
Poor management and communication, harsh work conditions
fun work place
maintance (Current Employee) –  ClevedonNovember 9, 2015
skf is a great place to work lot of great benefits for there employees and lot of holidays and approx 10 days time off during Christmas fully paid which is separate from your holiday
Pros
good hours
Cons
the site is abit far from home
it was a great place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2015
typical day at work 8 to 10 hr shift I worked for this company for 14 yrs.I started off making injectors for lubrication assembly line to tester later moved to another department where I assemble pump tubes -grease guns assembled everything that pumped grease and oil.went to shipping department worked ups line as a processor picked and packed in warehouse.mamagement and coworkers were great people.
Work and helping employees
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 28, 2015
Learned a lot about people and different cultures, different cases every day. Hardest part was to please all management, but enjoyed and loved the challenge.
Had ups and downs
Lead Press Mold (Former Employee) –  Seneca, KSOctober 26, 2015
This company was a good place. they treated the employees right. Very understanding, pay wasn't bad for the work load, family/ friend work environment.
Pros
Get to do alot of diffrent things and move up quick.
Cons
Forced overtime sometime no days off
ABOUT SKF SPARE TECH
Administrative Assistant and Accounts (Current Employee) –  keralaJuly 2, 2015
SKF SPARE TECH It is the big company across the world ,There fore i got the good knowledge about this company also my carrier through working this company . All staffs are friendly and cooperatively . I had worked around two years with this company,
Also good atmosphere for working here . i have only good suggestions about this company .
Pros
free launch . transport allowance and gratuity
Cons
good atmosphere
SKF is a great place to work and it has taken me on a journey few have experienced.
Business Excellence Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Torrington CTNovember 14, 2013
A typical day at work would start with a walk through the manufacturing and say good mornign to all employees. Then there would be the daily follow up meeting with the management to review the important KPIs. Then there will be a short review of the business development efforts and a deep dive into the the level of service quality to the customers. After that, I will see the production management to ensure stability and ask whether they need support in amy way. Before lunch I would attend to emails after having made sure the operations are running smooth.
After lunch there would be various improvement meetings on a variety of topics such as safety, kaizen, quality, finance etc.
The hardest part of the job is to find time to respond to all demands with correct priority. The most enjoyable part is to experience the business and the organization develop as a result of hard and focused work.
Pros
having a high degree of freedom, empowerment, and a feeling that management is putting trust in your efforts and judgements
Cons
juggling all tasks with the correct priority
It's a good company
Director of Technical Services - China (Former Employee) –  ChinaFebruary 16, 2015
SKF has a good management team at the corporate level but doesn't integrate acquisitions well. Co-workers were resistant to change in China.
Pros
pay is good.
Cons
vision and strategy is inconsistent across the corporation.
Diverse company with opportunities for advancement
Sr Cust Service Rep / System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, IL - Corporate officeMarch 25, 2012
During my 24 years at SKF, (formerly known as Chicago Rawhide), I was able to take training courses and further my education through SKF, allowing me to advance.
Pros
training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, advancement, excellent benefit package.
Cons
travel
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of veiw.
Condition Monitoring Engineer (Current Employee) –  INNovember 12, 2014
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of view.i learn lots from here.i advised to fresh engineers to join this company for make their future better. you will find good opportunities in your career.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
Excellent Working Environment
Training Business Development, Intern (Former Employee) –  Shanghai, ChinaJune 9, 2015
The working environment is excellent ! It was an Expo pavilion before it was purchased by SKF. Inside is open and wide. Employees can even take 2-wheel transporter in workplace. In addition, like most Nordic businesses, the benefit is generous.
friendly enviornment
safety officer assistant (Former Employee) –  hobart, oklahomaJune 5, 2015
a normal typical day would start with inspection and could contain a small safety presentation. talking to the workers was a big part of it, and fortunately all of them there were friendly and cooperative.

4.2