SKF Employee Reviews

Great experience. Good culture.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra30 December 2016
First thing there was the Monday was not at all Mundane !!
It was really good learning experience. I learnt how to manufacture Tapper Roller Bearing and its designing. The management was good but not excellent. And the most important was the worker, they were really helpful and food was awesome.

Hard time was that i had to handle the machines with out having good experience about that machine and if misfortune happens then all responsibility on my shoulder so its difficult to handle as i was the intern.

But the hard part was the happy part as i enjoyed production of bearing because i actually seen what has happened and how the theory knowledge is converted into practical one !!
Good to see that !!
Pros
FREE EVERYTHING related to eating !!
Cons
Perfect shift of 8 hrs
Ideal for my needs.
Accounts Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Luton12 October 2016
A pleasant working environment and colleagues alike.
I discovered that constant changes within SKF have made this
place of work different to how people remember. They made redundancies which had a big impact resulting in employees deciding to leave (including me).

On the whole a very reputable company and I thoroughly enjoyed my
time there.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
skeleton staff due to redundancies
challenging
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 February 2017
learnt alot with company. had to be extremely accurate. work was always abundant & worked very efficiently. I learnt about various bearings but the hardest part of this job was to look for small stock items
Pros
working hours were a set time
Cons
worked under lots of pressure
Very structured and fair.
Warehouse Manager / Assembly Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT5 August 2016
The things I liked most about SKF was their willingness to invest into employees. We were always very busy, never seemed to have enough time. Management team was great and we all seemed to know what the GOAL was at all times. The hardest part of the job was change. The people were great it was like a family. My favorite thing about my job at SKF was being able to improve many processes.
Pros
Great benifts. Great employee empowerment.
Cons
Change from a family to a huge global company.
I like working here
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC8 February 2017
great place to work. good management and the benefits are not that bad considering the economy. Also the pay rate is better than most places in the area.
Temp work
Windows migration technician (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PA10 September 2016
I was only there temporarily and enjoyed my time there. The people were nice and the company was average. I worked for a temp agency and the pay was low and then they lowered it two weeks in.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
pay rate changed 2 weeks in
Horrible work ethics
Slave (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC2 June 2016
The North Charleston facility is a joke. Blatant racism and discrimination. Underpaid employees manufacturing expensive bearings. Not the place for people of color. Favoritism at an all time high which leads to low moral. They add all kinds of unnecessary processes to hike the price of the bearings.
Pros
Cons
Racist, underpaid, low moral. Shady management.
Skf
Administrator – Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Göteborg29 August 2016
Brilliant experience! Nice and well educated staff with good atmosphere and interesting products. Developing period for me and enjoyed it a lot.
Customer Service Lansdale
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PA22 April 2016
Very understaffed at the amount of work per people, very hard to giff proper service and managers are trained to spin that issue that you have to do more, and turn a blind eye to how much workload is humanly possible. Managers and directors are smiling actors
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
sneaky managers
It was a great pleasure and experience working with SKF
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra21 April 2016
I was instrumental in getting ISO 9000 for SKF India both for their Pune and Bangalore plants and it was a great experience.
Pros
Employees are respected for their knowledge and skills.
Cons
petty politics amongst employees
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng24 May 2016
My work has given me a lot of growth and learned a lot from my co-workers and I am a team player.
The entire management is supportive to the overall team and making work ease.
Pros
Coaching and mentoring Management
Productive days
PdM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Luton17 May 2016
Great company. I enjoyed my time working there. I loved the challenged I had working there.

My co-workers were great and the management team was very capable.
Pros
Job work/Life balance
Cons
I cannot say anything.
it was a great place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO13 December 2015
typical day at work 8 to 10 hr shift I worked for this company for 14 yrs.I started off making injectors for lubrication assembly line to tester later moved to another department where I assemble pump tubes -grease guns assembled everything that pumped grease and oil.went to shipping department worked ups line as a processor picked and packed in warehouse.mamagement and coworkers were great people.
I have learning taxation and as well as finance activities like filing returns,preparation of CENVAT register naintaining the C form receipts
Finance Executive (Current Employee) –  Mysore, KA13 September 2015
SKF technology is a NO 1 Bearings manufacturing company in the world.Here i am working as finance executive and as well as taxation ,this is a very good experience to learn things,and to improve my knowledge.
Pros
Free lunch, cab fecilities, breakfast, tea, coffee
ABOUT SKF SPARE TECH
Administrative Assistant and Accounts (Current Employee) –  kerala2 July 2015
SKF SPARE TECH It is the big company across the world ,There fore i got the good knowledge about this company also my carrier through working this company . All staffs are friendly and cooperatively . I had worked around two years with this company,
Also good atmosphere for working here . i have only good suggestions about this company .
Pros
free launch . transport allowance and gratuity
Cons
good atmosphere
Had ups and downs
Lead Press Mold (Former Employee) –  Seneca, KS26 October 2015
This company was a good place. they treated the employees right. Very understanding, pay wasn't bad for the work load, family/ friend work environment.
Pros
Get to do alot of diffrent things and move up quick.
Cons
Forced overtime sometime no days off
fun work place
maintance (Current Employee) –  Clevedon9 November 2015
skf is a great place to work lot of great benefits for there employees and lot of holidays and approx 10 days time off during Christmas fully paid which is separate from your holiday
Pros
good hours
Cons
the site is abit far from home
Great company but horrible leadership
Warranty Technician (Current Employee) –  Elgin, IL14 July 2014
The opportunities are all there. The jobs are all there. The bit and pieces to create a great working environment are all there. Yet this company views the employee as a number and constantly puts focus on the bottom line above all, which is to be expected but not to the point of denying full time positions to temporary employees for years at a time or forcing early retirement upon senior members of the organization. The glass ceiling is very apparent, and it holds back some of the best potential individuals, resulting in most new hires leaving in the first few years to pursue better.
Supportive work environment and enjoyful work.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Mathura, UP19 December 2013
When the more tenders will be opened on the sites.
I m learning from my job that the how to handle the lot of work at a same time and how we can take work form the others by motivating them by our talks.
The job is job and the good thing in the job that how you are taking your work as a pressure and as a joy. live your work and think always that we are a part of company and the important thing is that the hard work with smart work.
The hardest part of the job is punctuality.
Pros
Good competition with the others company to make the sharp our skills.
Cons
getting late after complation of working hours.
A long drive to work
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SC8 January 2013
A work day at SKF was first finding out what station you were going to work at that day. Second learning the new station in within that day. I pretty much learned the job fast. Their were some good supervisor and bad ones. I like working with co-workers they help time fly by. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after job was completed. The best part of the job was the long ride home.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
distance to job site