SKF

SKF Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 13, 2014
Poor communication with managers and lower down the chain. Very unstable.
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of veiw.
Condition Monitoring Engineer (Current Employee), INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
SKF-RECOM is good company for learning point of view.i learn lots from here.i advised to fresh engineers to join this company for make their future better. you will find good opportunities in your career.
Decent environment
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: weekends off and good pay
Cons: lack of training, people dont listen, first shift gets every good order.
Easy work, somewhat monotonous, same thing day after day.
Good management. Employees vary
Great company but horrible leadership
Warranty Technician (Current Employee), Elgin, ILJuly 14, 2014
The opportunities are all there. The jobs are all there. The bit and pieces to create a great working environment are all there. Yet this company views the employee as a number and constantly puts focus on the bottom line above all, which is to be expected but not to the point of denying full time positions to temporary employees for years at a time – more... or forcing early retirement upon senior members of the organization. The glass ceiling is very apparent, and it holds back some of the best potential individuals, resulting in most new hires leaving in the first few years to pursue better. – less
productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Haridwar, ULMay 8, 2014
Pros: good knowledge
Cons: lack of team work
1. high speed manufacturing
2. grinding and superfinishing, process optimization,man power handling and optimization
Great place/company to work for.
Electro Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Graniteville, SCApril 16, 2014
Started as an operator and promoted to maintenance technician (electro mechanical technician). If the plant was still in operation I can promise you that I would still be there.
Good environment, co-workers of very high and good quality.
Marketing assistant (Current Employee), Madrid, MDJanuary 4, 2014
Very efficient management processes, good professionals with high standards of ethics and responsibility.
Comfortable and good environment. Excellent products and company.
A good company but management left a little to be desired
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lansdale, PADecember 20, 2013
I was never quite sure what I needed to do in this position to really succeed. Everything would seemingly go well, then there would be a management review and a lot of criticism would come out.
Supportive work environment and enjoyful work.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Mathura, UPDecember 19, 2013
Pros: good competition with the others company to make the sharp our skills.
Cons: getting late after complation of working hours.
When the more tenders will be opened on the sites.
I m learning from my job that the how to handle the lot of work at a same time and how we can take work form the others by motivating them by our talks.
The job is job and the good thing in the job that how you are taking your work as a pressure and as a joy. live your work and think always that we – more... are a part of company and the important thing is that the hard work with smart work.
The hardest part of the job is punctuality. – less
productive and fun workplace
Hydraulic Press Operator (Former Employee), Elgin, ILNovember 25, 2013
Great company with opportunities for advancement,and lots of support
SKF is a great place to work and it has taken me on a journey few have experienced.
Business Excellence Facilitator (Current Employee), Torrington CTNovember 14, 2013
Pros: having a high degree of freedom, empowerment, and a feeling that management is putting trust in your efforts and judgements
Cons: juggling all tasks with the correct priority
A typical day at work would start with a walk through the manufacturing and say good mornign to all employees. Then there would be the daily follow up meeting with the management to review the important KPIs. Then there will be a short review of the business development efforts and a deep dive into the the level of service quality to the customers. – more... After that, I will see the production management to ensure stability and ask whether they need support in amy way. Before lunch I would attend to emails after having made sure the operations are running smooth.
After lunch there would be various improvement meetings on a variety of topics such as safety, kaizen, quality, finance etc.
The hardest part of the job is to find time to respond to all demands with correct priority. The most enjoyable part is to experience the business and the organization develop as a result of hard and focused work. – less
Unique and positive corporate culture
Inside Sales (Current Employee), PAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: corporate culture provides great work experience.
After working in other industries for companies of varying sizes, I came to SKF. They truly care about their employees, the local community and their customers.
was a ok place
Setup Machine Operator/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Elgin, ILAugust 12, 2013
the supervisers have there faverat union company the make seals for cars and airplains
good company but people attitude makes is difficult
Technician (Former Employee), Boksburg, GPJuly 4, 2013
love my work
gained excprience in fitting
get on very well with my c-workers
Design Draftsman Electrical/Instrument
Design Draftsman Electrical/Instrument (Former Employee), Dammam, S04June 24, 2013
Pros: design draftsman electrical/instrument
Cons: design draftsman electrical/instrument
• Prepared details about Installation of Field Instruments, Control Panels, Junction Boxes, Instrument Racks, Control Consoles, Electrical Installation standards, Electrical Lighting layout,
Electrical Plans, Cable Routing Plans, Cable Trench Layouts & Routing, Cable Tray Layouts, Routing, Grounding Layouts, Power Layouts, Hazardous area Classification, – more... Single Line Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Power Layouts, Panel Drawing, Fire Alarm Drawings, Installation Standards for Lighting, Communication Systems, As Built. – less
Friendly and productive workplace
Human Resources Administrator - Part time (Former Employee), LutonJune 24, 2013
I enjoyed a varied working day as I assisted in both factory and office HR departments and Occupational Health, and also covered the reception when required.
I was always treated courteously by both management and co-workers even though I was there on a temporary basis.
it was a fun place and productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Flowery Branch, GAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: sometimes the company would feed us for free
Cons: i took short breaks
its was a great place to work and i learned alot working their and meet lots of people with diffrent walks in life, loved the hours
SKF is a great company to work for.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: great team work, and great management
They offer great health and dental bennefits. Great vacation and any overtime you would like to have.
A long drive to work
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee), Graniteville, SCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: distance to job site
A work day at SKF was first finding out what station you were going to work at that day. Second learning the new station in within that day. I pretty much learned the job fast. Their were some good supervisor and bad ones. I like working with co-workers they help time fly by. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after job was completed. The best – more... part of the job was the long ride home. – less
excellent
shop floor worker (Former Employee), lutonAugust 21, 2012
Pros: had a canteen or you could take your own food
Cons: shift work 6-2 2-10 and 10-6
It was a fun workplace extremely productive, a good place to work and the salary was excellent.