Job Title: Store Manager
Organization: Big Sky Station
Location: Skeetchestn, BC
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Big Sky Station is a Full service Husky gas station, convenience store and restaurant. Located on Highway #1 west of
Kamloops, it caters to leisure and business travellers, transportation sector and to the local clientele.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to KDC Executive Director, the Store Manager is responsible for day to day store operations, including,
scheduling, training, and supervising employees. He/she is responsible for reporting and monitoring the store profits, and
all controllable expenses including labour, inventory levels, and reconciliation of cash and inventory shortages. The Store
Manager plans, directs and evaluates daily operations, determine merchandise and services to be sold, implement good
merchandising practices, implement price and credit policies, perform cash deposits, balance daily transactions, resolve
problems that arisewhile ensuring the development and execution of programs which maximize customer service and
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Foster an environment of accountability, customer service excellence, collaboration, and innovation among the staff.
- Ensure that administrative/financial processes and staffing are appropriate for Big Sky Station’s needs.
- Promote and resolve customer complaints, in a timely and professional manner.
- Implement and enforce established policies and daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean,
adequately stocked, organized, and well kept.
- Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly, and displayed in a safe manner.
- Maintain quality brand image standards as pass evaluations.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning monitoring job results.
- Monitor daily retail gasoline competitors.
- Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner.
- Monitor cash over/short, inventory shrinkage, and drive offs daily.
- Conduct Store meetings as needed with employees. (A minimum of bi-weekly meetings)
- Have the physical ability to perform all duties of a store cashier regularly.
- Understand all information in the daily reporting of store operations.
- Oversees Bookkeeping and achieves financial objectives by preparing annual budgets; scheduling, expenditures,
analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures all staff record transactions with accuracy in accordance to store procedures.
- Track profitability of all departments.
- For all departments, set growth targets based on previous history using pricing and merchandising strategies.
- Follow Canada Health Food Guidelines and label food properly.
- Negotiate with supplier for best pricing and monitor delivery charges and taxes charged.
- Follow and enforce all Company Policies and Established Procedures in the store Operations
- Implement Monthly promotions, insure all POS advertising/signage is properly posted at the proper time.
- Communicate and perform all price change request, mark downs / ups as needed.
- Implement and enforce all merchandising and vendor policies and procedures.
- Enforce all Safety and Security Issues and report any and all unsafe conditions.
- Conduct regular safety and Security Meeting and document with employees attending signatures.
- Report and process all employee and/ or customer incidents or accidents following company procedure
Key leadership competencies:
Leadership and organization: an exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team
builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower staff
from the bottom up, lead from the top down, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people
in a position to succeed.
Action-oriented: enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary,
even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation.
Post secondary education in sales, business and administration preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of First Nations communities, culture and issues are essential.
Strong leadership skills and past experience leading teams of people.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to create and understand financial statements.
Minimum of five years of management experience (within the industry is considered an asset).
Proficiency with business documentation, work processes and knowledge of computer software including email and
Must undergo a Criminal Record check.
While performing the duties of this job, the Store Manager regularly is required to stand and walk.
He/she occasionally is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an interior setting. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required.
Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. As manager, your guidance and input may be called on at anytime.
Length of Employment & Wage
The Store Manager position has a six month probationary period. This is a full-time permanent position, based on 40
hours per week. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package: Group Pension Plan and Extended Health
Benefits will commence after 3 months.
How to Apply: Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume “in confidence” via fax to:
Office: 330 Main Drive, Skeetchestn Band Office.
Mail: P.O. Box 178, Savona, BC, V0K 2J0.
Or contact our office to get the email address.
Resumes must be received by 4:00pm on December 18th, 2013.
We thank all candidates for their interest and regret that only select candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Knucwentwécw Development Corporation (KDC) is the “business arm” of the Skeetchestn Indian Band and has the...