Skechers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very satisfying yet competitive job.
Sales Associate/Product Specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work is I straighten out the shoes in their respective shelves and fix the lacing of the shoes, if a customer comes to the store, I Immediately greet him/her and ask "What brings you to the store today?" or "Have you ever owned Skechers before"? These authentic greetings are enforced by management to all associates.

I have learned a lot of things from this job. Including proper customer service, proper way to greet customers and teamwork with my fellow associates.

Management has always been flexible in terms of hours. Management also provides associates with proper understanding of the products in store and provides more than enough reinforcements in terms of providing the best customer service to the public.

My co-workers are very pleasant. We have formed a teamwork bond that allows us to work in unity and with ease. This makes the work environment soothing for everyone and less stressful.

The hardest part of the job is really just when there are no sizes available for the shoes the customer picked out, and so, I have to recall the needs and likes of the customer and pick out a different style that fits the customer's description of his/her needs. In that case, I wouldn't come out of the stock room empty handed and the customer is presented with more options in hand.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the joy I bring to customer when I have provided the best customer experience I could possibly bring to the table. I have had customers who asked for my name personally and thanked me for a good customer service. That to me, is the most enjoyable – more... part of the job. – less
Fun workplace
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2015
I enjoy working at Skechers, but the amount of employees we have is ridiculous. Tons of employees and no hours. I learned a lot about shoes and what certain shoes can do for your feet. Management could do better when it comes to giving their employees more shifts.
horrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Capilano, ABNovember 16, 2015
Pros: shoe discount
Cons: to many to list
Upper management was very unorganized and impossible to work for. There is zero incentive and when they run competitions they promise prizes and never give anything. The store is obviously employing high school students but that being said if you are going to hire high school students you need to treat them as such. The management would ask personal questions about home life, sexuality and make inappropriate comments. At one point I was being sexually harassed by another employee. My manager would constantly curse at me and yell at me in front of customers. On days off my boss would send me threatening messages telling me I HAD to go to work. one time I even received a text at 6 am telling me to get my a** to work or else. HORRIBLE place to work!!!
Management needs to get their act together
product specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Free pair of shoes
Cons: Store manager and his temperament
The only horrible company I have worked for, I wouldn't even suggest it to my enemies. Once a new manager arrived, the whole working environment became toxic. Store manager has temper issues and clearly cannot manage ethically. Due his behaviour, many people continued to quit. His expectations are too high for a minimum wage job where he verbally abuses you. Please think twice before you want to work for Skechers. Otherwise, other sales associates were fun to work with. Busy mall, not a lot of down time since it's a tourist mall in the middle of downtown. Most assistant managers were approachable. Again, think twice before you accept the job offer!!
nice employees, fast paced,
sales associate (Former Employee), Robson Street Vancouver BCOctober 8, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: un-paid breaks
fun fast paced environment with friendly employees, their were no difficulties and the best part was interacting with customers
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Very slack
Cons: No breaks except lunch break
Nice management, everyone seems to be really kind. Most enjoyable part about working there was that I had the chance to work with a lot of my colleagues.
Do not work here
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Vancouver BCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free pair of shoes
Cons: Where do I begin
When you are hired everyone is nice to your face the first day or so then it all goes down hill from there. There is no communication between management and new hires. I worked there for less than a month and it was like I never even existed or was even there it seemed. The employees fear their manager and when the store manager isn't there it's like a playground or a free for all it felt like. The job isn't what it's made out to be and you should definitely read between the lines before applying here. I wish I had. The only positive or good thing I took from this place was the district manager was awesome and had an amazing chat with him he seems to be the only one that has any kind of genuine emotion and felt like he does care about who's hired and is the right fit for the company. His management team beneath him should be taking pointers on how to conduct themselves professionally and not just act like carbon copies of the store manager and have no thought process for themselves. Glad I got out when I did and I'm somewhere so much more positive and better suited to my career goals.
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto Eaton CentreJuly 3, 2015
Skechers is a fun and great place to work. I had a great time working there, I've learned so much and grown more as a manager. the environment at the Toronto Eaton Centre location is a fast paces environment so you learn how to be a quick.
Retail Store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, CanadaApril 29, 2015
Pros: The environment is very friendly
Managing payroll of associates
Keeping track of hours
Keeping track of inventory
Co-workers:
Great personality
Energetic
Everyone at work is friendly
Fairness and moral rights are seen as a vital part of the company

7 steps to the promise that follows through with full customer satisfaction and a great sale.
Manager in the GTA
Manager in the GTA (Current Employee), GTAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: semi- new company in the market
Cons: development wasn't a real focus just mentioned but not practiced
Decent atmosphere with peers and certain supervisors, but like any company there is always change, although some of the changes seemed unwarranted. Work life balance was something that certain supervisors had no understanding of. Overall compensation wasn't great and workload was more than most companies expect. Overall decent nothing stellar.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: pizza
Cons: salary
it was a fun experience ot the greatest paying job good management great people great structure
Fun Culture
Regional Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee), Canada and Northern USAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: travel, growth culture
Cons: working across all time zones, no work life balance
Great Culture, growing company, yet limited support for field management.
Liked working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 15, 2013
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: not enough compensation
Staff are extremely nice! Managers are also friendly and approachable. Job requires you to sell shoes while maintaining a clean workplace. Personally, I found the job asked too much of its employees as we were asked to double our sales goals but we did not make commission (no real incentive to sell). Job also required us to climb a big warehouse type ladder and take down shoes that were stacked up a bit too high. Overall it is a nice place to work and I had the opportunity to meet a ton of new people, which i enjoyed!
Good atmosphere and experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good team atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
Working at Skechers has always been a fun and enjoyable atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2013
Upon first arriving everyday the first thing I would do was check to see what my sales target was for the day. Basically in short what I did was help my customers find the right shoe for them. There was not a whole lot of down time between customers but when there was I would do some cleaning in the store.

I enjoyed working with both the management and other co-workers in my store. It was a very upbeat and happy work environment.

I really enjoyed pushing myself to try and beat my sales quota for the day. The most enjoyable aspects of my job was helping my customers find what they were looking for.
envirenmont proffesionelle
Assistant-gérant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2015
servir les client gérait le stock une grade entreprise ou on peux avancé