Skechers Employee Reviews

Great Workpace. Loved it !
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2017
A typical day at work included a lot of lifting and helping customers on till. Skechers has a lot of standards from visual presentation to backroom stock. Everything was constantly changing and there was never a dull moment.
Upper management is really great at what they do but in store management needs some work.
Lack of training.
Pros
50% off shoes, First pair free
A very fun workplace with amazing managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
A typical day as a sales associate would be welcoming customers, and asking to see if they were looking for anything particular or just browsing. If they need help with any of the shoes we give them some knowledge on the shoes that they are interested in as well as give them some extra options. We offer to measure feet and run to the back to grab their sizes. I have grown as a person working for this company and learned a lot of knowledge on all types of skechers shoes that I did not have prior to working there. All of the staff there are so friendly and awesome to work with and the managers are so approachable.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no benefits
A lot of broken promises
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
I was hired with the promise of promotion within 4 months and then after a year of being there I left because I got tired of being told “just be patient”.

The HR department is extremely lazy and refused to do their job. There were many incidences of a particular manager being verbally abusive towards staff and nothing came of it. If you stand up for your self then you became an HR target. I stood up for my staff and HR it seem like I was the guilty party. HR hides a lot of things from the regional manager and says they have spoken to him but in theory they don’t.

They allow good managers to walk out the door just so that they don’t have to deal with the bad ones. This company shoves “work like balance” down your throat but then refuses to allow you hat balance.

My DM was amazing and you could tell he was always trying his best but you could tell his bosses made his life difficult.
Pros
My staff were amazing
Cons
Hr, lack of promotion, no reviews or raises
Productive workplace
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
Workplace culture is very dynamic. Very fun environment and allows employees to gain a lot of knowledge with products and consumer behaviour in general. Hardest part of the job would be changes in management with new rules.
great opportunity for employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I use to work at Skechers and it was a great experience. The work environment had friendly staff and good assistant managers. the employment gives 50% of shoes, socks and shoe care. Skechers provide lots of hours.
Pros
friendly staff, lots of hours, commission
Atmophere that puts customer service first
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
I've been working at this job for about a year and a half, many different things have happened during my employment here. We went through three store managers, many team members left, as well as weak members that forced my workers and I to re group and grow from it. It can have very slow days where it's hard to stay busy, and other times it's steady for hours; it can be very unstable.
Pros
Understanding managers
Cons
Unproductive shifts
Tiring
Sales Associate/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 June 2017
I learned retail skills here that helped me to excel at other retail stores. the job was very exciting at first, but got fairly tedious after a year. having commission on top of the hourly wage was great, but there was often simply too much to do, making the pay not exactly enough.
Pros
great relationship with coworkers and most of management, commission, discount off merchandise, lots of hours
Cons
hard to book time off, or switch shifts, lots of procedures and cleaning to do.
Amazing place to work at if you're looking for a casual part time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
Amazing people/management/salary. Can get hectic at times with customers but management is always ready to help and you work with amazing people that are hand picked to ensure they fit into the atmosphere.
Great place
Sales Associate/Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2017
Skechers is pretty awesome to work for. They have great managers and great high management teams. It is a very cool and easy going place to work for. Plus the discount is really good!
not a fun workplace very racially biased
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2017
I was there before most trainees and learned how to use cash on my own time as opposed to everyone else(this was common amongst black males). Was not enjoyable.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2017
Working at skechers helped me develop my communication skills as I dealt with a variety of customers of different personalities. The workplace culture is very fast paced and competitive.
Skechers = Good Culture
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Skechers cares about its people and has a strong commitment to its company culture that is more than just a few bullets put on a wall or buried in a hiring booklet. I've enjoyed the achievement oriented environment that cares about its people. I have not worked in a better retail position than the one I had Skechers.
High Energy
1st Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
Everyone who works for the company is very passionate about the brand. In management they have a high expectation of your performance, and your ideas are taken into consideration.
why i love it
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 April 2017
great place to be at as the team is always in sync and like any team there will be ups and downs aswe  welcome new people young and old. i love setting up other store locations as it gives me a great opportunity to learn new skills but also to help newer employees understand standards and why the company culture is important to learn and amazing to be a part of
Pros
lots of on call shifts
Cons
no cons
friendly great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
always busy
alot of new things to learn
managers are great very supportive and understanding
great co workers always kind
best part would be meeting new people and working with so many people coworkers and customers
Productive and fun.
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB22 January 2017
Long work hours, yet it makes up for it with the coworkers. Times where the employees don't get recognition even after a long day. Overall, great place to work.
Pros
Energetic
Cons
None.
fun place with a good work vibe
Sales Associate/Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2017
At Toronto outlets ( Halton Hills) location the manger is one of the best i have ever worked with hands down the best. They keep a good mix of work and play would highly recommend.
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2017
Typical day would be

When working on sales floor:
Helping customers or cleaning the shelves

When working at the back:
Doing the stock or Cleaning the backroom

What I personally did not like was I've been working there for 2 years and I haven't had a raise or wasn't given a chance for advancement even though I had been helping others train and my knowledge with the company was on a high level.
Pros
Discount
Cons
little hours, sick calls, lates, Management
The Job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
The company is completely biased and they do not promote within company. They are not good people to work for. I have been here for three years and I have been bullied, put down, and treated poorly. Do not work for them
great place to work at
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2016
its a great place to work at but its just to far away for me. My co workers were so friendly and easy to get along with. But doesnt fit in with my school schedule