Skechers Employee Reviews

great opportunity for employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I use to work at Skechers and it was a great experience. The work environment had friendly staff and good assistant managers. the employment gives 50% of shoes, socks and shoe care. Skechers provide lots of hours.
Pros
friendly staff, lots of hours, commission
Atmophere that puts customer service first
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
I've been working at this job for about a year and a half, many different things have happened during my employment here. We went through three store managers, many team members left, as well as weak members that forced my workers and I to re group and grow from it. It can have very slow days where it's hard to stay busy, and other times it's steady for hours; it can be very unstable.
Pros
Understanding managers
Cons
Unproductive shifts
Tiring
Sales Associate/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 June 2017
I learned retail skills here that helped me to excel at other retail stores. the job was very exciting at first, but got fairly tedious after a year. having commission on top of the hourly wage was great, but there was often simply too much to do, making the pay not exactly enough.
Pros
great relationship with coworkers and most of management, commission, discount off merchandise, lots of hours
Cons
hard to book time off, or switch shifts, lots of procedures and cleaning to do.
Amazing place to work at if you're looking for a casual part time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
Amazing people/management/salary. Can get hectic at times with customers but management is always ready to help and you work with amazing people that are hand picked to ensure they fit into the atmosphere.
Great place
Sales Associate/Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2017
Skechers is pretty awesome to work for. They have great managers and great high management teams. It is a very cool and easy going place to work for. Plus the discount is really good!
not a fun workplace very racially biased
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2017
I was there before most trainees and learned how to use cash on my own time as opposed to everyone else(this was common amongst black males). Was not enjoyable.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2017
Working at skechers helped me develop my communication skills as I dealt with a variety of customers of different personalities. The workplace culture is very fast paced and competitive.
Skechers = Good Culture
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Skechers cares about its people and has a strong commitment to its company culture that is more than just a few bullets put on a wall or buried in a hiring booklet. I've enjoyed the achievement oriented environment that cares about its people. I have not worked in a better retail position than the one I had Skechers.
High Energy
1st Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
Everyone who works for the company is very passionate about the brand. In management they have a high expectation of your performance, and your ideas are taken into consideration.
why i love it
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 April 2017
great place to be at as the team is always in sync and like any team there will be ups and downs aswe  welcome new people young and old. i love setting up other store locations as it gives me a great opportunity to learn new skills but also to help newer employees understand standards and why the company culture is important to learn and amazing to be a part of
Pros
lots of on call shifts
Cons
no cons
friendly great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
always busy
alot of new things to learn
managers are great very supportive and understanding
great co workers always kind
best part would be meeting new people and working with so many people coworkers and customers
Productive and fun.
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB22 January 2017
Long work hours, yet it makes up for it with the coworkers. Times where the employees don't get recognition even after a long day. Overall, great place to work.
Pros
Energetic
Cons
None.
fun place with a good work vibe
Sales Associate/Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2017
At Toronto outlets ( Halton Hills) location the manger is one of the best i have ever worked with hands down the best. They keep a good mix of work and play would highly recommend.
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2017
Typical day would be

When working on sales floor:
Helping customers or cleaning the shelves

When working at the back:
Doing the stock or Cleaning the backroom

What I personally did not like was I've been working there for 2 years and I haven't had a raise or wasn't given a chance for advancement even though I had been helping others train and my knowledge with the company was on a high level.
Pros
Discount
Cons
little hours, sick calls, lates, Management
The Job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
The company is completely biased and they do not promote within company. They are not good people to work for. I have been here for three years and I have been bullied, put down, and treated poorly. Do not work for them
great place to work at
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2016
its a great place to work at but its just to far away for me. My co workers were so friendly and easy to get along with. But doesnt fit in with my school schedule
welcoming and fun workplace with many opportunities to learn
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
Skechers has been my first retail job in which after a year of hard work i have learned a lot; working here has helped me grow as a sales representative and thought me how to be more patient with myself and others. I became very close to my co workers since they are all very easy to get along with and also my managers. I really enjoy working here because as soon as i walk through the doors i feel welcomed, wanted and appreciated and i believe that every job should not only make customer feel that way but also the employees.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly and enthusiastic group of co-workers
Assistant Manager/ Key-holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2016
The best part of this job was the team; they were really co-operative and hard-working. I learned more about the sales environment and how to manage a retail store. The hardest part of the job was busy weekend shifts when there was a lot of customers in the store because you had to be good at multi-tasking and be comfortable in a fast paced environment.
Smarten up management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
Typical day at work would consist of reaching sales targets and learning new product knowledge. I learned a lot about performance shoes and retail in general. Management is very unorganized, and are often very lazy and rude. Co workers were great, everyone gets a long, however there will be times where staff argue over sales/commission. The hardest part of the job was having to put up with management. Also you are only allowed to book off one saturday per month and you can only switch shifts once a month which is ridiculous.

The most enjoyable part of the job is cracking jokes about management with fellow co-workers. Making good commission is also great.
Pros
free shoes once a year
Cons
everything about store management
Short, But Fun
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON13 August 2016
Unfortunately, I didn't get to work at Skechers for a long period of time because I was hired for a seasonal position. At this particular location, business wasn't doing too well, so there weren't very many opportunities for me to pick up extra hours, but management was kind and friendly regardless!