Skechers Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
I've worked at many places before, but my job at Skechers has -by far- been the best one. Perfect for students looking for an awesome part-time. Skechers provides understanding coworkers, perfect workloads and great hours.
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON21 December 2017
its a fun place everyones very understanding and flexible. they all care about each other, its a family there. people try to make the place feel like home.
not enough management employee communication
Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
it can be fun and easy when everyone is able to do their job. there have been many occasions when managers have left the floor and left employees by themselves even when it is busy. the communication between management and employees is not very good. employees dont get enough credit. we almost never have christmas parties, there are favourites and it is clear to see.
Pros
it can be easy
Cons
too much workload for one person
Great Workpace. Loved it !
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2017
A typical day at work included a lot of lifting and helping customers on till. Skechers has a lot of standards from visual presentation to backroom stock. Everything was constantly changing and there was never a dull moment.
Upper management is really great at what they do but in store management needs some work.
Lack of training.
Pros
50% off shoes, First pair free
A very fun workplace with amazing managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
A typical day as a sales associate would be welcoming customers, and asking to see if they were looking for anything particular or just browsing. If they need help with any of the shoes we give them some knowledge on the shoes that they are interested in as well as give them some extra options. We offer to measure feet and run to the back to grab their sizes. I have grown as a person working for this company and learned a lot of knowledge on all types of skechers shoes that I did not have prior to working there. All of the staff there are so friendly and awesome to work with and the managers are so approachable.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no benefits
Good place to build experience and skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 September 2017
Main job is to sell shoes and other accessories to customers. It's not commission based so the pressure isn't there to earn extra money. Other tasks include bringing stock from the backroom and pricing the boxes. It's a nice job to have while you're in school or looking to for a first job. The other staff members are really friendly and they make you feel welcome. But there are inconsistent hours and you never get two days off in a row unless you request days off, but that has to be 2 weeks in advance. This job requires a lot of patience as some customers can really be a pain or dealing with children.
Pros
Great Staff that creates a positive work environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours and not having two days off in a row
A lot of broken promises
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
I was hired with the promise of promotion within 4 months and then after a year of being there I left because I got tired of being told “just be patient”.

The HR department is extremely lazy and refused to do their job. There were many incidences of a particular manager being verbally abusive towards staff and nothing came of it. If you stand up for your self then you became an HR target. I stood up for my staff and HR it seem like I was the guilty party. HR hides a lot of things from the regional manager and says they have spoken to him but in theory they don’t.

They allow good managers to walk out the door just so that they don’t have to deal with the bad ones. This company shoves “work like balance” down your throat but then refuses to allow you hat balance.

My DM was amazing and you could tell he was always trying his best but you could tell his bosses made his life difficult.
Pros
My staff were amazing
Cons
Hr, lack of promotion, no reviews or raises
Productive workplace
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
Workplace culture is very dynamic. Very fun environment and allows employees to gain a lot of knowledge with products and consumer behaviour in general. Hardest part of the job would be changes in management with new rules.
great opportunity for employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I use to work at Skechers and it was a great experience. The work environment had friendly staff and good assistant managers. the employment gives 50% of shoes, socks and shoe care. Skechers provide lots of hours.
Pros
friendly staff, lots of hours, commission
Atmophere that puts customer service first
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
I've been working at this job for about a year and a half, many different things have happened during my employment here. We went through three store managers, many team members left, as well as weak members that forced my workers and I to re group and grow from it. It can have very slow days where it's hard to stay busy, and other times it's steady for hours; it can be very unstable.
Pros
Understanding managers
Cons
Unproductive shifts
Tiring
Sales Associate/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 June 2017
I learned retail skills here that helped me to excel at other retail stores. the job was very exciting at first, but got fairly tedious after a year. having commission on top of the hourly wage was great, but there was often simply too much to do, making the pay not exactly enough.
Pros
great relationship with coworkers and most of management, commission, discount off merchandise, lots of hours
Cons
hard to book time off, or switch shifts, lots of procedures and cleaning to do.
Amazing place to work at if you're looking for a casual part time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
Amazing people/management/salary. Can get hectic at times with customers but management is always ready to help and you work with amazing people that are hand picked to ensure they fit into the atmosphere.
Great place
Sales Associate/Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2017
Skechers is pretty awesome to work for. They have great managers and great high management teams. It is a very cool and easy going place to work for. Plus the discount is really good!
not a fun workplace very racially biased
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2017
I was there before most trainees and learned how to use cash on my own time as opposed to everyone else(this was common amongst black males). Was not enjoyable.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2017
Working at skechers helped me develop my communication skills as I dealt with a variety of customers of different personalities. The workplace culture is very fast paced and competitive.
Skechers = Good Culture
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Skechers cares about its people and has a strong commitment to its company culture that is more than just a few bullets put on a wall or buried in a hiring booklet. I've enjoyed the achievement oriented environment that cares about its people. I have not worked in a better retail position than the one I had Skechers.
High Energy
1st Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
Everyone who works for the company is very passionate about the brand. In management they have a high expectation of your performance, and your ideas are taken into consideration.
why i love it
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 April 2017
great place to be at as the team is always in sync and like any team there will be ups and downs aswe  welcome new people young and old. i love setting up other store locations as it gives me a great opportunity to learn new skills but also to help newer employees understand standards and why the company culture is important to learn and amazing to be a part of
Pros
lots of on call shifts
Cons
no cons
friendly great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2017
always busy
alot of new things to learn
managers are great very supportive and understanding
great co workers always kind
best part would be meeting new people and working with so many people coworkers and customers
Wonderful work culture and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 March 2017
The work environment is positive and almost all of the employees reflect this. The management are the perfect mix of authoritative, flexible, encouraging, empathetic, motivating and many more wonderful things. The managers do a wonderful job of establishing goals and developing creative ways of maintaining motivation of accomplishing these goals. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who do not speak the same language, however, it helped that I spoke Arabic which most of our international customers spoke a variation of. The most enjoyable part of this job is the workplace relationships that are developed and the various team building activities the managers create in order to improve performance, as well as the feedback received by the managers and fellow employees about job performance. There is a lot of transparency in this organization.