The Production/Timeline Manager will be responsible for managing the strategy, cost, quality and delivery goals for Sitka apparel product lines in a very exciting time for the company. This person will source new suppliers in the goal of bringing much of the companies manufacturing back to Canada, while maintaining good relations with existing suppliers during this transition. This person will manage all costing responsibilities, which includes the negotiation of costs, setting of costing targets and preparation of high level pre-costing analysis. This person will oversee the in-season production processes while keeping all cross-functional teams updated on production status, approvals and deliveries.
In this critical role, you will prepare and manage Timelines related to design, sampling, development, and delivery of all Sitka Clothing and Accessories. You will work closely with a fun team who love the clothing they design and produce. You will be in regular contact and communication with most company departments, including but not limited to: Sales, Marketing, Design, Finance, Office Management.
- Preparing timelines based on statement of work.
- Planning, coordination and control of manufacturing/production/delivery processes.
- Ensure accurate development, production, and costing by creating and maintaining data and files for production matters, including but not limited to fitting, spec, pattern and technical packages.
- Technical drawings of garments and accessories, ensuring consistent and correct fitting of all Sitka product, creating technical packages, participating in seasonal trend and line plan meetings.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Monitoring product standard and implementing quality-control programs, whereas you are following up with factories to ensure improvements are being made (and discounts applied where necessary).
- Proactively tracking and ensuring that project timelines are adhered to and any changes are communicated to everyone involved (sales, marketing, design, finance, factories, china team and office manager).
- Act as a liaison between key business units by coordinating and communicating daily with suppliers, managers, designers, finance, and china team.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers to meet timeline and deadline requirements.
- organizing meetings as needed to meet the deliverables in the statement of work; where required, sending out meeting notes and performing required follow up
- Updating team calendar.
- BA with a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience with a vertically integrated retailer(s).
- Excellent communication skills and previous managerial experience required.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in price negotiating, problem solving and the management of delivery schedules and production space.
- This person must have extensive experience managing relationships with vendors and agents as well as with internal partners.
- Experience in both knits and wovens is required.
- Travel required.
- The candidate must possess strong computer skills and be eager to learn new systems and constantly improve on processes.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Indeed - 18 months ago