Sitel
1,475 reviews

Sitel Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work atmosphere with friendly people.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work would be receiving calls from customers and answering any questions they had regarding their cell phone(s). Whether it is how to make a payment, arrange a payment, products available, or just general questions about sales and products and trouble shooting.
I really enjoyed the fact that there was room for growth and advancement if you worked hard, and that your hard work did not go unnoticed.
The work atmosphere was always pleasant, people and staff where always helpful, and I just had a sense of happiness and eagerness to go to work each day.
The hardest part of the job I would say would have been the hours. Some nights I had to work until 11:30p.m- 12:00a.m which made me reach home late.
A place not many like to work.
Billing Agent (Former Employee), Saint John NBJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: working with close people
Cons: long horrible hours
A typical day at work Is always needing help and not getting it. You never get a good shift, people there are rude and all our clients like to say we are stupid and do not know anything. I learned I would like to be more support to help others. My management was no good. my coworkers are really nice besides support that doesn't actually like to help. the hardest part is getting answers quickly the most enjoyable part was working with your bestfriend.
productive and fun workplace
sales, submitting client information (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 6, 2015
Sitel is a great career development employer. Co-workers were pleasant, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The management was well organized and always kept us up to date on any changes in our programs.
The perfect starting job.
Technical Support Agent and Sales (Former Employee), st.catharinesDecember 29, 2014
Pros: always something going on
Cons: repetitive and getting yelled at.
Aside from getting yelled at all the time, the job is not that bad.

A great way to start a career and make a bit more.
paid training
Technical Customer Support Agent (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 26, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: its a long hard grind
good paid training... pretty easy to make the numbers.. one of the better call centers to work in
Great work environment with an amazing team - not so amazing pay
Technical Support -Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great people to work withm fantastic benefits plan.
Cons: call center environment, not so fantastic pay.
Sitel is a great work environment, the people around you make call center life a bit more bearable, however, the pay is not that great. Wages fluctuate per department, as technical support agent, we made just above minimum wage. Other then the pay you are always gauranteed 37.5-40 hours a week, you have a great benefits plan, and you will make lots of friends.
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: there were none
Cons: everything
This was the WORST place to work at. I've worked at Zellers, Walmart, and many other miserable places but this TOPS THE CAKE. This job had caused me and my friends huge anxiety due to horrible management, very strict rules and a not so easy going environment. Customers were always rude, etc. Every week you have to reach a minimum number of sales and other key performance points, which were always impossible. If you did not reach these goals then you would be harassed about it. My advice, spread the word, don't let any of your friends apply for this job.
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 28, 2014
Friendly co-workers including management, made the job interesting always gave incentives.
answer phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 22, 2014
Inbound customer service representative.
Answering inbound calls regarding customer inquiries. Extremely busy working environment. Was unable to keep up and keep voice intact. Loved the co-workers and management, but kept losing my voice because of the call volume.
Stressful
Tech support (Current Employee), Saint JohnSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: uh... on a bus route?
Cons: long hours, random schedules, no staff support, insane metrics.
A typical day at work:

Try to get logged in on time, hope that the computer can start up in under 10 minutes. Be constantly harassed and abused by customers with no way out as we are not allowed to disconnect (not even for death threats).

Short breaks that are watched like a hawk. No bathroom time allowed, can only be done on your break (which can be three hours or more apart). No time after calls to make notes or make sure a ticket is completed.

Constantly worried that the ticket system may not save all of the information and give you a ticket error (one ticket error can damage your shift bid severely).

Hours may be increased or lowered by 2+ hours with no warning from a day to day basis. Scheduling system is wrong nearly every day.

What you learned:

I learned that people who complain the loudest get the attention, and in order to advance at Sitel you need to be friends with management.

Management:

Where do I even start with this? The coaches are largely terrible and useless. They routinely avoid their jobs, refuse escalation calls, provide wrong information, and generally treat you like garbage.
The standard coaching style is STOP THIS OR WE'LL FIRE YOU! DO THIS OR WE'LL FIRE YOU! You get the idea.

Your Co-Workers:

They were great and the only thing that made this job sustainable.
However there were a few rotten apples who abuse the systems and skate on by... because they're friends of management. Favoritism is rife.

Hardest part of the job:
Dealing with the crushing incompetence of the outsourced work force constantly making our jobs harder. Couple that with mindless – more... peon management and you have a bad time.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Seeing your friends.... That's it.

There are no incentives for doing well or exceeding. The only thing worth doing is the bare minimum required not to be screamed at.

The benefits here are terrible and the pay is barely above minimum wage.

TL;DR

Avoid at all costs unless you need a place to be for a couple of months – less
Very friendly
CSR (Former Employee), MonctonSeptember 22, 2014
If your looking for a career in a friendly environment... sitel would be it.
training in not totally adequate.Salaries are frozen.
CSR (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free parking, drug plan benefits.
Cons: long hours, no incentives, no chance of raises.
Training consists of a few weeks depending on the campaign. Some support for first weeks on phone, after that you sink or swim. There was a 5 year wage freeze, then everyone was to get a raise except tenured agents who apparently reached the top of the scale. A rather low scale, to be sure. You bid for shifts depending on your metrics, however that seems to have no bearing on what you actually work. Hours may be added to your shift with no notice. This is mandatory hours. Switching shifts for appointments is an exercise in frustration. Many people have split days off, instead of two together. Compromises are made for some, not at all for others..
Call Center for T-Mobile
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
Sitel is an outsourcing company. Working in a call center environment as Technical Support Specialist for T-Mobile is very challenging. I've learned the importance of technology, patience and dealings with different culture as a newcomer to Canada. I had a very enjoyable experience with SITEL.
horrible work environment
Manager/Supervisor, csr (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free parking, cafeteria, on bus route, some compaigns have predictable shifts
Cons: no job security, very poor environment
one of the worst places to work in Moncton! Heavy favortism towards foreign workers (in that the poorly suited ones will be kept on even if they can't do the job, where as local employees get fired even if doing their jobs correctly and well). Very toxic work environment (a lot of petty snarky rumour-mill like environment starting at management and a lot of unnecessary drama). Problems start with the Site Director and snowball from there.

Tend to hire drug addicts and people with less than ideal hygiene practices. Very much a "hire and fire/encourage to quit" environment

Getting "promoted" almost always results in a smaller paycheck with more headaches and poor scheduling.
not a good place to work
Client Care Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers are really fun to work with.
Cons: not enough hours.
Did not enjoy working here because the hours were very short and also because there was no job security.
floor walker
Floor walker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 18, 2014
made sure the quality of calls were efficient/ customer care/ problem solving task all day
high turnover, beware
Server (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 11, 2014
sitel has a very high turnover rate. can cause emotional stress.
No possibilty of developing a lasting career
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: experience with tech
Cons: long hours, low pay and too much workload
Outsourcer when it was in Canada. Good for the experience when you a first starting out. No possibility or any sort of career. Long hour, lots of work, low pay
Hitler would be proud.
Billing Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: i had a few friends.
Cons: mandatory 44+ hours, not enough break time for the job, terrible management
This place is run like a concentration camp. Your hard work is rewarded with nothing, only ever increasing standards of work that eventually can not be met by any mortal on Earth. Your mistakes land you in a 'coaching' session where you job is often threatened and you, as a person, leave feeling like an mindless peon. Nothing is ever good enough and everything you do is under the microscope. The managers are not in the loop, policy changes from HR and no one knows until you've done something to break this new policy. If you need help on the floor the odds of getting a coach to assist you is worse than the power ball lotto, and if you do get someone's attention you wont get the correct answer. God speed.
INBOUND CALLS
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: campaigns
Sitel is a good company to work for. People are friendly and nice. Human resources and management is willing to help and work with you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sitel

When businesses need a little help in taking care of their customers, teleservices company Sitel (formerly ClientLogic) wants – Read more