Sitel Employee Reviews

Very good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 September 2017
Very good place to work, very competitive wages, very good benefits. Includes computers for personal use, pool table for entertainment and cafeteria as well.
Low compensation for work
Customer Service Representative Inbound (Former Employee) –  Ortigas, Philippines5 September 2017
I believe that working in the call centre business and in the wee hours of the day calls for good compensation for the worker. However, I have to be paid Php 12,000 per month to work on a graveyard shift.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Low compensation
Good stepping stone for Customer Service and IT related fields
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 September 2017
Though upper management was not concerned at all with their employees and wages as well as hours were shoddy at best, the employees are great to work with. This company needs to do a thorough investigation of their HR and payroll departments as very often I as well as other coworkers have noticed shady goings-on and conflicts of interest with both of these departments.
Pros
Health, Dental benefits, commission, additional bonuses
Cons
Inconsistent management styles, impersonal, lacks in internal customer service
it was a good workplace.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 August 2017
It was a good place to work.. You get lots of support from team leaders. And if you work diligently enough, you can move up in the company...
Good benefits.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
can be tedious dealing with irate customers
Fun and enjoyable
Cox communications billing supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 August 2017
Answering the phones, speaking with customers, assisting with customer needs. Having fun with employees and working with a fun community. Enjoyable work space with great co workers and employee appreciation days
Pros
employee appreciation days
Cons
mandatory overtime
Basic call centre job
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 August 2017
At the call centre there were no rights. High school dropouts were usually colleagues and working with them usually led to a racist comment on the occasion.
Fast paced, goal oriented work environment
Customer and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 August 2017
Good work environment. Friendly supervisors. Thorough training. Goal oriented work environment driven by sales and quota's. We worked together as a team to meet our goals.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 August 2017
For a call center, it's what you would expect. It was a great job with excellent company culture. Made many great friends and enjoyed the work and many advancement opportunities, I would definitely work back there if contacted.
Not the right place for me
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 August 2017
Nothing wrong with the job, just wasn't for me, if you can handle grumpy phone calls and selling, you can do well. Lots of team building things and staff events
Pros
Events
Cons
Call Centre work
Busy call centre
IN-BOUND CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 August 2017
Answering inbound calls from Capital One customers. Cross selling insurance. Very fast paced and have to learn alot of computer screens. Great pay and hours. You do encounter some hostile customers though.
Pros
Great pay, good hours
Cons
Hostile customers
Customer service agents (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CA26 July 2017
A typical day at work able to work with team attend team meetings, offer suggestions to improve company, great work place and pay is excellent and there is benefits
Don't do it unless you have to
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 July 2017
Sitel isn't for everyone, it isn't for most people really. The people you will work with are usually great but getting done what management wants is usually not possible and if you do get it done (which I could) they still aren't happy. The stress of the job ended up causing me to need prescribed medications, that is when I left.
Good money and health benefits
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region19 July 2017
A great learning experience. The company provides thorough training for their staff. Good working environment and Equal opportunity to everyone. No discrimination and awesome team to work with.
Pros
provides free health care, drama free work place
Cons
long hours, challenging rosters, night shifts and work on hollidays and weekends
nice nd great people to work with
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at Home17 July 2017
Customer Call Representative for Just Energy.
it is a work at home job and everything you need to work efficiently is provided by the Sitel.
I have learned a lot about dealing with the customer, what needs to say and how to achieve the goal of satisfying the customer.
the coolest part of this job is that I am working from home, so I don't have t worry about the weather condition.
Sitel
Incoming Calls Representatives (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 July 2017
Training was good. I thought anyways. Very different then actually being on the floor with someone yelling in your ear because someone did g do there job right.
Pros
Paod training
Cons
Werid hours
This job is a numbers game .
Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 July 2017
Depending on the department your working for will determine your duties that will be expected of you.Each department will have different time that you will have to meet for each phone call you take.
Pros
Fast paced, competitive work place .
Cons
If you don't keep your numbers high then you may not last there.
Fun and exciting place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 July 2017
the culture was very upbeat and the employees engaged in many fun activities while doing our job. I worked in TECH support and very much enjoyed dealing with product and assisting clients who were having issues with their phone
Pros
fun
Avoid at all costs
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 July 2017
There are dozens of call centres in the niagara region, this is the absolute bottom of the barrel.
If you are looking to work in a call centre, if you have transportation to get to literally any other call centre in the region, do it. This is the absolute worst.
Working in a call centre can be stressful, but "it could be worse, you could be at Sitel", is a common phrase you'll hear at other call centres in the region.
Bad management, awful working conditions, atmosphere of despair, computers don't work most of the time, employees treated as sub-human but customers and management.
Great opportunities
DATA TECH AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 July 2017
Working for St.Catharines Sitel was great. I wasn't there for too long but while I was there I received everything possible to be a successful employee. The trainers are patient and willing to help.
I left this job because during my interview I had said that my knowledge of electronics was a two out of ten and yet they put me into the data tech group. I felt overwhelmed trying to help customers with their problems when I had zero idea what a modem or router was. There was also intense pressure to make sales, which doesn't scare me, but I was unsuccessful because every time I would offer a customer a potential sale item, they would bite my head off indicating that they had no interest in purchasing something when what they had didn't work. I felt an incredible amount of anxiety due to the pressure to make sales that I left. I was also yelled at by one of the floor managers because of my lack of sales.
Pros
benefits; training; night work premiums
Cons
intense pressure from all levels of management to make sales
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region2 July 2017
Sitel was my first Call Center company I worked with. It thought me the american culture and types of american customers since I was talking to American people via phone, email and chat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.