Sitel

Sitel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Call Centre
Cox Billing Rep (Former Employee), st catharinesMarch 30, 2014
Hardest part was learning to SMILE while being on the phone to help encourage a positive call flow
Great people to work around.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, fantastic hours, good pay, mostly happy environment
Cons: angry customers, long days
Dealing with loads of (mostly) angry Americans throughout the day isn't too hard, the co-workers are friendly enough that it makes up for anything bad that goes on.
I learned loads of different things about Euro-Pro products that I didn't even know existed, and even want to purchase some thanks to this job.
My co-workers are always there to lend a helping – more... hand to anyone in need, and even the managers are mostly helpful.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the aggressive customers that have nothing nice to say no matter what was done for them, but the most enjoyable part would be the few nice customers who would gush about how spectacular our customer service is and how amazing our products are. Would always make me feel good about myself. – less
Great place to meet great people.
Technical Support (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great people, great work enviornment.
Cons: lots of work.
At work we had a routine which was very easy to get used to. I learned how to deal with angry customers and a lot about cable instillation and programming. The management team was easy to get along with and were all a big help when needed. The co-workers are what made this job fun, they're all very fun, sociable people. The hardest part of the job was – more... dealing with a customer who was extremely frustrated and there was nothing I could do to help. – less
i am flexible in any work. i am willing to learn the work for me to be more productive.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), baguio, philippinesMarch 14, 2014
Pros: health benefits and transportation together with rice allowance
Cons: long hours of work
i am willing to work in a shifting hour. i am flexible and i would be a good listener and student. i am willing to learn all the things needs to be learned the work place for me to be able to do such job which is to be done.
Never again
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 20, 2014
It is my nightmare. I will never work as a CSR ever again. I would rather be homeless and hungry before ever working at a call center. It is a position for those who are beginning, not for someone who has over 10 yrs experience in admin. The job is not fulfilling enough.
Great Cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: first job in awhile and great place to work
Cons: late hours
I enjoy working there. A typical day is turning on all the computer programs and opening up and responding to emails. Such a wide variety of different cultures working together as a team. The hardest part was dealing with customers yelling at you. And the most enjoyable was the people for sure.
Sitel is very diverse, with lots of flexibility
Retention Agent/Mentor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good pay, involved environment, supportive co-workers
Cons: poor management, unorganized, third party representation
Sitel has a great environment when it comes to people. They are accepting and know that there are learning curves. There's also lots of people to help you if you are having troubles with computers programs, information or anything else. Most days people called because their bill was high, and we'd help them save money, making a small but important change. – more... I loved getting that sense of accomplishment when a customer says that you've made a difference for them. – less
productive
Agent costumer service Bell (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 1, 2014
it was a good workplace and i learned so much, and made many friends.
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no support never the same answer
A typical day would be going in before your scheduled shift and get ready there for once your start time comes around you are able to log in on time hardest part this job was dealing with irate customers all day and never getting anything in return from the manager's putting effort without a prize and the most enjoyable thing was going to work and having – more... wonderful co-workers that makes it a happy work environment! – less
Terrible company.
Full time technical assistance for HTC cell phones (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else.
Typical day at work: I'd go in for my shift at 6PM, and most likely had no where to sit because they over staffed everyday. If I did have somewhere to sit, the computer wouldn't work very well. We had customers on the phone looking for help, and we often had to put them on hold to fix our computers.

What I Learned: I learned everything there is to – more... know about the Android operating system for cell phones, and excellent customer service skills.

Management: The management was so disorganized that no one ever knew who to go to with what problem. My supervisor spent my first 3 months on the job on vacation, so I had no coaching whatsoever for those 3 months and was scolded for not doing so well.

Co-Workers: My co-workers were one of the only things that made me enjoy my job.

Hardest part of the job: Dealing with the computers that didn't work 80% of the time. My first call ever, I had to put the caller on hold and move to another computer and force my headset to reach the new computer, because mine completely froze.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting new people. – less
Fun workplace
CSR and TSR (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesDecember 20, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: low salary
Sitel is a company where every particular individual is being taken cared off. It is a fun workplace as all the managers always comes up with a quarterly incentive program where in the top agents and teams will get to win a prize. Quarterly games are being conducted by the client all the way from Florida.
not for me
Retention specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: my coworkers
Cons: the company it self
I did not like the company for personal reasons do to dis organization and lack of communication.
A hard place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 21, 2013
Pros: points program for doing well
Cons: long hours, bad morale.
I worked in retention for Bell cable and internet. I dealt with angry customers all day long and it was extremely hard and sometimes very sad. Not a job I would ever do again.
terrible
Mentor (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 18, 2013
I loved the people there but this stands as the most stressful and harmful job to myself that i have ever worked in my life.
Very challenging job, long hours at your desk, taking a lot of angry customer calls every shift.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, On.November 6, 2013
Pros: have some fun day, we just had mardi gras and they passed out some prizes.
Cons: see above.
Overall I am thankful I have a job, but this job is very challenging. Co-workers and customers are very negative. The call centre has a lot of very bright fluorescent lights that bother my eyes, and it is very dusty, carpet looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years, and all of that together severely affects my allergies. I walk out every day with headaches – more... and red, sore eyes.

The Management staff, however, are very positive and give you kudos for doing a good job and complimenting your skills. I have just been recommended for a higher position. – less
Internet technicien support (Former Employee), Moncton NBNovember 6, 2013
internet technical support was very hard work but luckily i have a lot of support when needed, the commission was great
enjoyable place to work
Cable Technician, CSR (Former Employee), St CatherinesNovember 3, 2013
Pros: lots
Cons: wage
very enjoyable place to work. Management are great, people are great. the job itself is yukky but the environment itself makes up for it. Awesome place to work
Sitel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 22, 2013
Answering phones and talking about Internet, Phone & Cable.
They need new campaigns!
Inbound Agent (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: on site cafe, mood boosting events(eg pj day), benefits, bonuses.
Cons: stressful, negative work environment.
A great place to work if your on the right campaign. But if your on a tough one, it takes a very special kind of person to be able to survive. Unfortunately, most of the campaigns are the tough ones.

what I learned? Racism still exists in the world (not in the building of course)

Co workers are fun, all walks of life, great friends.

Most enjoyable – more... part of work? Making peoples day.

Hardest part? Dealing with rude, racist, and/or un-educatable, entitled customers back to back to back to back.

A typical day at work? see above with a bit of the enjoyable previous. mixed in with the frustration of your computer not working.

If they were to get new campaigns and improve the overall mood in the work environment I would definitely consider working there again. But only and I stress only if the above condition were to have been met. – less
great Workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: working with others
perform performance reviews
Summit payroll

1 2 3 4 5

About Sitel

When businesses need a little help in taking care of their customers, teleservices company Sitel (formerly ClientLogic) wants – Read more