Sitel

1.8K reviews

Sitel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee), Ontario StAugust 20, 2015
Cons: long hours, back to back calls, no time between customers, harsh environment, not friendly, and not cooperative.
it is what it is. it's not for everybody. the job was worth the people that worked with me, not the calls coming in. to each their own and may every individual make up their own minds and decisions.
ok
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2015
I worked there many years ago, so my view may not be so accurate, but from what i recall i enjoyed this company, i made a good salary and enjoed the coworkers
Hitler would be in his GLORY...
csr (Former Employee), saint john nbJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Getting fired for my talk time
Cons: Horrible management and supervisors
I worked at other call centers before coming to Sitel, this had to be the worst of the worst, I worked in the Microsoft Campaign, it started off okay but as time went on it was like being in a Concentration Camp. This company seems to take great pride in talking to you like your dirt under their feet and they loved to threaten you with job termination if you don't meet their stats. I would not recommend this place to anyone, but if you like being belittled and treated like garbage then this job is for you.
Nonstop calls - Great bonuses
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 28, 2015
Nonstop calls - Great bonuses with upselling and lucky incoming calls

Billing: First line of defense to every department in the call centre.
Customer service representative
bilingual retention specialist (Former Employee), monctonJuly 16, 2015
Pros: lots of bonuses
Cons: headset kept breaking
a typical day at work, was based on about 100 calls, each of them being dissatisfied customers or confused customers. as a retention specialist i had to resolve the matters and try my best to keep the representative/client trust and loyal relationship
Spectacular place of work
Technical Support (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long training
It is a wonderful place to work friendly people great growing atmosphere. I have learned a lot of cool things. i have learned troubleshooting methods. My co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most enjoyable part is satisfying customers.
angry
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: the pay check
Cons: angry envoirment
Dealing with customers from all over the world and always angry and yelling at you about one of there services being out or their bill being paid and having to resolve the issue before it escalates
my first experience in Canada
CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 6, 2015
I was introduced into the world of call center. I was closely initiated to quality control. I alos receive insightful training on empathy and network settings.
Eh
Tech Support/Sales (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 6, 2015
it's was an okay job, until I developed issues and had to quit. my managers did try their best to make it so I could continue working there but as you see it didn't help.
People were nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 25, 2015
Didn't like not being able to rest between calls to take a drink of water. Ended up losing my voice 6 times in 4 months because of it.
A Straightforward Workplace
Inbound Technical Support (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: 40 Hours a week 10 Hour Days
Cons: Constant changing of Employees
Its a decent place to work with good people theres not a lot of talk with other employees while on the phones but in training and meetings there is a lot of interaction while there I was able to improve on my ability to build rapport with customers and sales experience the hardest part of the job was when I'd get a customer who was particularly angry or just looking to yell at someone and even in those times I would still do whatever it took to calm them down and assist them it was really notable when the sales bonuses came through an extra couple hundred was always nice
Great people, great job.. decent money
Call Center Billing and Sales Support Agent (Former Employee), saint johnJune 5, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: commonly rips people off
Sitel would actually pay out commison on top of a hourly wage thus making it possible to make a living.. and then gain experience and knowledge to work in the feild at other companies.
Best Calling Center to work for (Pool Table & Cafeteria)
Customer Service (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 13, 2015
Pros: Pool Table, Cafeteria & MORE
This calling center, was unlike all the others. Sitel was a very friendly environment and the more you tried, the more successful you were and the more you had for your bonus at the end of the month. Due to financial issue, they shut down and Nordia got controlled of it all afterwards, so I decided to leave. And maybe will go back and try Nordia one day, who knows. From what I heard Nordia is also a good company so i regret not staying there but Sitel itself was excellent. Awsume management and very good bonuses & promotions. Best job EVER !
Fine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMay 7, 2015
Pros: Extra Hours Incentives
Cons: The job itself is still a call center job
In reality the job itself sucks, like any call center job it isn't fun, however, the people that you sit with and the people you are around make it a different story, if you find a few people that you can have a short conversation (or even a long broken up one) you'll be set. Honestly I probably have 3-5 set people I sit with and that's it, but you dont need to sit with a group of 10 or 20, you can't talk loud enough, so you have a small group and that is all you need someone to sit beside to take your mind off what ever you are being screamed at about today.
Professional, punctual, motivated, takes work ethics very seriously. I do what I am paid for, and I do it well
Customer service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2015
Most of days, I come early to work, make my self Comfortable then start of my work duties.
I leaned that persistence, hardwork, and Professionalism pays off.
Management is the brain of a work environment keeps thing rolling. co workers are the bone structure of a work place, work cannot be done without them. Hardest part of the job is when it becomes a daily routine, no challenge. Most enjoyable part of them job is when to receive more duties and responsibilities.
Management is useless
Service to Sales (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: No longer working there.
Cons: I worked there.
Completely horrible. They promise shifts will be changed and never change it. Most Team Leads wont even give you a one on one as there job is required to do. They make you work over time with no choice because its within the "contract".
Very friendly enviroment
Customer care representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 8, 2015
It was an ok job, the team members I had were not that aware of the goals and didn't really have the answers to your questions. it was a little bit of a stressful job
Never again
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Saint JohnApril 4, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Horrible company
The job was easy, the people were great, the company was horrible. Very hard to have any assistance with needs, communication was 0, requests fell on deaf ears.
Great Company
Tech Support/Sales (Former Employee), Sudbury ONMarch 21, 2015
Sitel was a great company to work for. Good pay rate, amazing training, friendly staff. There were always plenty of hours and a lot of overtime being offered. The management team was very friendly, helpful and supportive. Everything about the job was enjoyable. Highly recommended.
not the best place to work
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: nothing free
Cons: long hours
not the most positive environment
typical day was taking billing calls
co workers were great
hardest part was dealing with awful management
enjoyable was the staff