Sitel Employee Reviews

It's an okay job if you are between jobs.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2016
Typical day at work is taking inbound calls from customers asking about their services. The majority of the people there are nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is even though they give you in class training, you still hit the floor not being trained on how to properly use the on the floor system. You will consistently be locked out of your accounts, which hurts your pay as you are only paid for the amount of time spent logged in taking calls. And lastly there is a lack of supervisor help for the floor staff once you graduate from their training program. You can spend 10 - 15 minutes waiting for a supervisor to come over and even in that case they may not help you. Best thing you can do at this job is to learn the products and programs as quickly as you can as there are not enough people to help you when you need help.
Pros
Good co-workers, flexible schedule, ok money
Cons
Stressful, Not much support for on the floor workers
Hello, How may I help you?
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New BrunswickSeptember 13, 2016
Sitting on a desk all day long gets boring! I know,
I would sit on a chair for hours daily answering calls.
Dealing/solving their issues with a product.
Leading a customer in right direction
Making sure customers were always satisfied.
As far as the work environment went, if i was ever stuck or needed help with anything. There was somebody ALWAYS there to help leadr me in right way!
fun place to work
Customer Care Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 7, 2016
a typical day at work would be answering questions customers have concerning their bills. also i sell new services to customers. i have learnt to deal with many situations agents face when dealing with customers.
Good fun place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 4, 2016
It is a good and fun place
My co workers were very nice to me and they made it a great place to work
The management always kept in the loop of what was going on
The most enjoyable part of my job was talking and meeting a variety of different people on a daily basis
Excellent workforce. Great co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 24, 2016
Customer Service. Call after call, none stop. I've learnt to multi-task, gave excellent customer service. High management recently was very helpful and wanted to take care of employees. My co-workers were the best part of this job. They are great people, fun to work with, supportive.

The hardest part of this job was that I did want to give service in Spanish but because there was no supervisor that would check my calls, I was prohibited to speak Spanish to customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be around my co-workers.
Pros
Good extended health insurance
Cons
Not too flexible with shifts
Fun co-workers, difficult job.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 16, 2016
In a typical day there are a few angry customers, troubleshooting, and working on the computer. I learned patience and multitasking as well as very good time management skills. Management was very fair and helpful, co-workers were friendly and fun to be around and they were the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is dealing with the angry customers, and trying to calm them down enough to allow them to let us help them.
Pros
Fun, friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
angry customers
HTC technical support
HTC technical support representative. (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 14, 2016
I learned impeccable composure during certain calls due to irate customers. The ability to multitask while ensuring customer satisfaction.The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with others or your clients whether you had down time or from the phones or just talking to your co-worker beside you. they had an excellent wreck room with computers, wifi, tv, and a pool table. managment helped with any issues that came up an
Pros
great pay.
Cons
long hours.irate individuals
It was an okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 9, 2016
Sitel was an okay job, the benefits were not great and salary was low. The management was very disorganized. There was a lot of miscommunication aswell.
Sitel was an overall genuine place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 7, 2016
I love working with the Sitel family! Everyone was friendly and understanding and the training was thorough and organized. Management knew what they were doing at all times and floor support was exceptional.
extremely stressful and more focised of sales then solutions
COX communication internet support representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 7, 2016
working here is extremely stressful, we are given very little time to actually trouble shoot problems we are given 11 minutes per call when a simple restart can take 5 minutes, we are expected to push sales of products on every call and in some cases to prioritize the sale over finding actual solutions to the customers problem, and the management is consistently volunteering for increased workload despite an ongoing problem with absenteeism resulting in mandatory overtime almost year round well also increasing the duties of current and new employees with no change in pay or time to prepare for the new duties outside of a short 1-2 hour training session
gave us incentives
Cashier/ Stock/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at work entails coming in 20 minutes early checking my emails and opening up the system. I then start taking calls and assisting customers.
Difficult to work for
Technical support professional HTC (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 14, 2016
Sitel was difficult to work for as the would change which supervisor a agent reported to with out informing the agent they would change policy that agents where required to follow on calls with out informing agent and without providing the agents a way to find out if those policy's had changed.
Pros
Health plan was low cost and provided many benefits.
Cons
Poorly managed at times.
Good environment
Auditing Team / Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 10, 2016
Friendly work environment with lots of paths for advancement. Management very reliable with open door policy. Very helping with any schedule issues
unpleasant job, good atmosphere
Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 9, 2016
it was an okay place to work, but the job itself was tough. an average day would consist of taking calls, helping customers
was an alright place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 24, 2016
good environment to be working in, if you do enjoy call centre positions!
I enjoyed the typical day however it can be very very stressful dealing with customers over the phone.

parts of the job are easy and parts and very difficult but does depend onto the manner situations were and are dealt with,
Cook/Student
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 21, 2016
I was here on my practicum during culinary school and I loved it, great boss and great food. serious atmosphere but you felt like a family member, small kitchen and small staff
was a alright place to work
Duties includes- Call rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 20, 2016
a lot of positive people and positive work environment , better we did the better shifts we had. it was a blast while I was there. I learned how too stay calm under preesure
Not the best
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 8, 2016
The management there is poor and if you have any medical issues don't bother because they will make your life hard so that you quit or you get fired.
Job was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 2, 2016
Training was great overall job not so great
Burn out because the same thing over and over again
Need quick employment this is a great place to start in Niagara area ( no other jobs)
Boring job but people were very friendly and helpful
Pros
quick hire
Cons
no money
very stressful enviroment
Customer Service Representative Data technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
this job is good as a career, not necissarily for someone who suffers from anxiety or stress. It is a very stressful enviroment but the managent tries there best to accomidate.
Pros
great management.
Cons
mandatory overtime