Sitel

Sitel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management not good
Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 5, 2016
No raises for years Management does not care about agents only about the bottom line. No work life balance. They will change your schedule with little notice
Call Centre
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Salary was good
Cons: A lot of stress
Call centre jobs are not easy jobs

The salary was good and the training was well given

The challenges while on the floor taking calls is really tough

The hours were ok but the location was really far from my house

The management was not bad but there was a lot of pressure from them to do cross-sales
Good environment
Account Service Agent (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 17, 2016
The employees are great, enjoyed the training, the supervisors are always willing to help no matter how many times you aks
Still in training and i won't work here past the month
Billing (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: free food, benefits if they mean something to you
Cons: training hours, favoritism, hours, and again the hours that aren't realistic.
everything you read is true.

I went into this job like a lot of the people here, fill the void to make a paycheck. You talk or overhear the other workers, hate their job, talk about the favouritism, see the wanna be management act like they are something; its all very laughable ...until you end up there.

I say wanna be managers bc if you see what they are like, how full of themselves, and how they conduct themselves and you have actually worked your butt off in management and you see this all you can do is laugh and realize this is a joke.

Job is there to pay and that is it. You get in and you get out as fast as you can.

Initially they paint such a pretty picture, meanwhile you've read these reviews or perhaps you know people who've worked here, so you know the reality. Sometimes you can even kid yourself and think this is not that bad.

But it is. Pay heed, you are not that desperate. Or are you? Don't worry you will find another job.
they had extra events that kept up morale
Customer Service (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: good hours
took calls about clients bills back to back for 10hrs. had to know what i was looking for on every call,keep in control of the call flow and customer.
Boring setting/ helpful co-workers
Cable Technician (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Moderate dress code
Cons: sales to call rates
The job is very demanding on patience and what I learned from it is that there is never any reason to lose control on the phone. I understand that it was part of the job, but I found it not use full to be forced to have to have a sales to calls ratio above a certain amount, even though it was incoming cable tech issues and not a sales representative job. The hardest part of the job was when the calls took more than average to fix the issue or to go through every step and then to make a tech schedule to go out and fix the issue.
Workplace
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 28, 2015
Fast paced environment, horrible management team. Rarely any free bonuses until you made sales. The only part I enjoyed was some of the people I worked with
modern day slavery
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Moncton, NBDecember 8, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: lots
Sitel is all about the margins and nothing else matters. people are irrelevant, training and support is a joke. no good memories at all.
Worst Place
Customer Service Repetitive (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 6, 2015
- Worst place to work
- Way to strict as a company
- No lee way at all
- Supervisor are rude and way to bossy.
- Short lunches.
- Needs more staff
busy and chatty call center.
agent (Current Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 24, 2015
There's never just a typical day at work, its always something different. The hardest part of my job is knowing my way around the computers. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
typical day at work
Service Representative/ Customer Support Services (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 22, 2015
Was a good place to work but alot of the people have deep issues there.
The bosses "coaches" were good people that were always there to help you when you need it
Great staff and management, interesting work that varies a lot.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Great management team that cares about it's employees.
Cons: Work sometimes stressful.
A good workplace with positive management that cares about it's employees, that offers incentive to strive and do well at your job. Very large workforce, so it's difficult to get to know everyone unfortunately, but I had many great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was being able to genuinely help customers in need. The most difficult part was trying to assist customers I was unable to help, or dealing with unfair/extremely upset customers. Daily tasks widely varied, from taking simple payments, to technical assistance with customers services, to making sales and installing services. Often times my boss would come and sit with me and each of my co-workers individually, and discuss what we were doing a good job of, what we need to work on, etc, as well as any new information that may be helpful. Would also listen to calls and review them with us. This was very helpful and enjoyable as an employee.

Overall I enjoyed my time there, but unfortunately I had to leave due to non work related issues. Would recommend to anyone looking into that line of work.
Account Services Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 24, 2015
Pros: All round nice place to work and slightly above minimum wage
Cons: Hours can be long, but plenty of breaks are provided.
I very much enjoyed my time working and Sitel and due to change in circumstances I had to reluctantly leave.
I learned a great deal about customer services, and gained valuable sales experience which I feel will greatly benefit me in future careers.
My co-workers were all great and everyone was very willing to help one another with any problems they were having. The management were also very good at helping keep staff motivated and making us all fee valued. There were constant prize giveaways, and they would frequently buy pizza and have BBQs for the whole floor.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers, sometimes people just didn't want to listen or were very unwilling to let you help them.
One of the best things about the job was the whole work environment, going from the way the management ran the floor to the way all other team members always worked to help one another.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: long hours
It was always fast paced which was good for someone willing to learn a lot quickly, everyone who worked there was very kind, a day at work was always relaxing to me but maybe not to others
Fresh to work force
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 14, 2015
This was my first job, I'm not sure how I would rate this job only cause not knowing much about the work force is like. overall wasnt bad, I would recommend to anyone who is looking for work
Horrible workplace
Technical Support Specialist HTC (Current Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: If you find a computer that works and a comfortable chair
Cons: Ever changing shift times, favouritism, lack of knowledge from superiors
It's a call center so you cannot expect much, working here is the worst decision I have ever made and I will never go back once I'm able to leave. In over 2 years, I got a raise of 0.25 pushing my wage to a tad over minimum wage. You get yelled at all day, threatened, belittled and degraded for the time of your shift. If you need help, your on your own because the management walks away from you, doesn't listen, provides wrong information or just isn't around and taking a break when they please meanwhile breaks for most are closely watched and if you miss the time your break is scheduled for, it counts against you in shift bid. No bathroom breaks, no food allowed at your desk or even a bag.
Loads and loads of favoritism, so if your a favourite or close friends with management I'm sure it'd be a great job.
they are lieing
customer service (Former Employee), st.catharinesAugust 20, 2015
they lie it is not 15 to 20 $ an hr if you do not make sales they fire you they have lil rats on the floor so anthing goes wrong even if fixed quickly will still go and tell on you i lost my job becasue ppl cant keep opinions to themselves very horrible customer experience customers always angry with horibble services applied this job is horrible dont waste your time
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee), Ontario StAugust 20, 2015
Cons: long hours, back to back calls, no time between customers, harsh environment, not friendly, and not cooperative.
it is what it is. it's not for everybody. the job was worth the people that worked with me, not the calls coming in. to each their own and may every individual make up their own minds and decisions.
ok
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2015
I worked there many years ago, so my view may not be so accurate, but from what i recall i enjoyed this company, i made a good salary and enjoed the coworkers
Hitler would be in his GLORY...
csr (Former Employee), saint john nbJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Getting fired for my talk time
Cons: Horrible management and supervisors
I worked at other call centers before coming to Sitel, this had to be the worst of the worst, I worked in the Microsoft Campaign, it started off okay but as time went on it was like being in a Concentration Camp. This company seems to take great pride in talking to you like your dirt under their feet and they loved to threaten you with job termination if you don't meet their stats. I would not recommend this place to anyone, but if you like being belittled and treated like garbage then this job is for you.
Headquarters