Sitel Employee Reviews

Uncaring and aggressive
Data Tech Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 February 2018
I worked at Sitel for 3 months and 1 day. After 3 months of training I did my first shift on the floor and quickly learned that we had not been taught proper procedures. Due to limited floor staff customers would become agitated and floor staff would get mad at employees for being unable to tend to client needs efficiently.
You are required to push sales, obviously, however I don't believe that situations where customers have passed away are an appropriate time to ask if said family member would like to take over the account because of an excellent grandfathered package. This happened on my first day and I was sat down right after my call ended to discuss how I could have approached the situation to make the sale. I quit walking in on my second day. This job is stressful and chaotic. It is not for everyone.

I was also informed, after taking a sick day, that my absence cost the company money as they had to call in extra staff.... Made absolutely no sense as the staff would have been paid the same amount as myself...
Pros
3 months of paid training (depending on client)
Cons
Literally every thing else.
Corrupt and Depressing
Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 February 2018
From the day you start till your last call, you will likely question the life decisions you made in life that lead to sitting in your broken chair with finger scratches in the arm rests and pieces of foam missing from the seat.

Training is a nightmare. The "learning specialists" barely know how to take instructions themselves, nevermind being able to pass along the crumbs of knowledge their clients provide. The desperate and immature pool of trainees also make it impossible for the odd professional they hire to withstand the slow and painful process.

Their ads both internal and external constantly preach that Sitel is a place to "start your career" and that experience is "shared" however the reality is that you likely be stuck in a dead end position unless your willing to stretch your ethics so thin that a former personal injury lawyer would question their moral compass. That is if they have any openings at all as they struggle to maintain any new business. More butts in seats, not offices is their only recruitmenr objective.

For those who you must deal with that have weaseled their way into some level of management, this is by far the worst factor of all. Almost all in the select group are rotten to the core. The actions/statements witnessed and personally experienced are so vile I can't even share them on this platform. If you try to acknowledge your rights under the ESA and the human rights code, they'll go to roots even as despicable as to exploit aspects of the #MeToo movement or attempts to bait you into a physical confrontation out in the parking lot as if
  more... you were back on the playground in grade school. Only to have HR bully you into surrender as they defend management at all costs.  less
Pros
Close to lunch options and bus route.
Cons
Mandatory overtime, Horrible treatment from management, General lack of leadership, No opportunity for advancement.
Uncaring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 February 2018
Very uncaring place to work. They expect a lot with very little training. They don't give a lot of opportunities unless you click with management and hang out with them outside of work.
Pros
Cons
to many
Simple and potentially lucrative work offset by dismal atmosphere
Billing/Account Services Outsource Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 February 2018
Working at Sitel provides many interesting opportunities to bolster one's sales skills and satisfactory training, but a bleak and soulless workplace with no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
On-site gym and showers, comission
Cons
Low morale
Provides works to many
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 January 2018
-It was nice environment, and hours are flexible

-stat pays were better than so many other places

-Allows overtime almost always

-stressful part was to keep talking to customers over phones 8 hours a day
Fun workplace with pool table
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 January 2018
At Sitel I learnt to become more manageable with my timing with taking calls and helping customes with their needs in a timely manner and multi tasking multiple computer programs for the job
Pros
Snacks at our desks
Cons
Long Hours
Not a fun job
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
A difficult job to swallow being on the phone, taking hundreds of calls a day. Most are people are in despair with their product and cal escalate quickly, making it not a very rewarding job.
sitel
Billing sales agent specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 January 2018
sitel was an alright spot to work but they were very shady and never followed through with what they said i worked there for almost 3 years and i enjoyed my wo workers but everyting else about the place is crocked
This place sucks all around
None (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 January 2018
I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. Anyone thinking of working there don't Sitel has the highest turnover rate I have seen anywhere even fast food restaurants don't do it if you are thinking about it.
Enjoyable workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philippines17 January 2018
We have a lot of activities, games and theme days. Happy and approachable team leaders and managers. Team Leaders provide regular feed back to improve performance.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Benefits
enjoyed my experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2018
I enjoyed doing my job but unfortunately even though we were number 1 in customer service management was bad. it was sad when we found out it was closing its doors.
Not a great fit for me
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2018
I didn't get the feeling that the health and safety of the staff was at the forefront of the management team's priorities. In addition, most of the coworkers do not seem very happy making it a difficult environment to work in.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 January 2018
this company closed in the area I worked in however the job was fun but there was no room for advancement. It taught me patience with the public and how to problem solve quickly
did not enjoy working here
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 January 2018
management is poor and unfriendly. job is very difficult do to irate customers that have received faulty products. if the pay was better might be worth it but at min wage it is not.
Pros
friday free food
Cons
customers are often upset
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 December 2017
I personally liked the job at sitel, i worked within shark, i loved the job and the customers, the only thing i didnt like about the workplace was the drama that would go around. alot of it was false and its not something that makes the work environment enjoyable. but i do miss working here and i would like to work there again.
disorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 December 2017
Company is disorganized. Unable to get time off for specialized appointments and doctors appointments. Coaches unfriendly and unwilling to compromise for agents
Pros
friends
Cons
without time of as needed
Good desk job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2017
If your into working at a desk all day this job is for you. Easy and good pay, benefits are a bonus. Good atmosphere and made good friends with coworkers. Fun environment.
promotes as fun there for you family but is nothing of the sort
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 November 2017
they dont put family first what so ever all they care about is you making them money, and they treat you as such as well. they do have a basketball net though , yay!
My favourite job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 November 2017
I hate sales. Absolutely can't stand doing them. However, I've found a giant family within Sitel. My favourite job I've had so far. Such good people there. They provide you with all the help you ask for and they never give up on you.
Pros
Management, location
Cons
None.
Sitel
Adherence Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 November 2017
This was a great place to work while it was open. We had a wide variety of culture and understanding. I would have reccommended this job to anyone, unfortunately it closed down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K