Sitel Employee Reviews

Good for gaining experience on the phones
Billing Escalations Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 January 2017
It is a good place to work if you need to gain quick experience, but not good in terms of advancement, wages, and very little can be done in regards to working with a school schedule.
Pros
quick experience
Cons
bad management
Shifts were not fair to new employees
Tech support and sales agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 December 2016
Despite being a very high earner for the company, with very high sales and customer satisfaction numbers, I was not given the opportunity to change off of a night shift that ran from 5:30 PM to 2:30 AM after 2 months of work on this shift.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Awful shift times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 December 2016
Sitel was always a positive environment to work in. They helped you when you needed that help, and was very supportive. They always gave you a warm welcome, and made you feel comfortable at work. No drama was caused at work, and if there was a problem they dealt with it right away. Sitel is a wonderful play to work.
great place, not so great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 December 2016
it was difficult to form new relationships amongst the coworkers who had been there for years. the trainor was amazing however the material being delivered was very boring and it was difficult to pay attention to an 8 hour lecture in a class full of warm computers and uncomfortable chairs
Pros
nice cafe
Cons
poor training program
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 December 2016
answering customers calls for a cell phone customers
receiving payments
trouble shooting customers phone
change customers phone plans
co-workers are good
management was good
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons
comfortable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 December 2016
I spent my days booking maintenance appointments for a home appliance company. My co-workers were wonderful people who were always ready to help with any questions that I has while settling in to my new job. I enjoyed working for the company and was sorry to have to leave for personal reasons.
good pay - no life
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 November 2016
as good as the paychecks are, i wasnt able to do much else with my life .. hours are from 330-midnight 5 days a week. the training was okay, 4 weeks of class and 2 weeks on the floor with unlimited support but very boring.
Pros
nice people, lots of food, bright attitudes
Cons
long hours, draining
Fun place to work
Collections agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 November 2016
It is nice talking to all the different people on a daily basses and it is mostly a fun work environment. I talk to people all over the world and am getting to know other cultures and lots of personality's. It is challenging and good at the same time as it is always nice to meat new people and learn skills.
Pros
bonus for good stats
Cons
wage freeze at this time
Fast paced, educational, and all about those stats.
Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 November 2016
Lots of friendly co-workers, paid training and always room for improvement are some of the brighter tones to this business. All customers are calling either because they are upset or they need help with technology. It is a difficult job as not only do you need to know the product with more intricate detail as to what the trainers teach you but also know how to deal with people of all varieties.
Pros
Incentives, awards, friendly enviorment, free lunches, draws are just some of the incentives to working at Sitel.
The Truth
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 October 2016
Best job ever would work there again

The CEO came in one day and gave us all an incentive bonus for remembrance day, of 500$

The hardest part of the job? Would have to be when I need to go home.

The best and most enjoyable part is when I walk in and receive a hearty healthy welcoming Hello from the lovely and extremely beautiful desk attendant.

The managers are so understanding and friendly, the system we worked with was so well constructed I wouldn't have wanted it change in any way at all.

I've learned so much from working at sitel, I want to advance my education to aid in their success and future growth some day.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Not enough hours in the week to work there all the time!
Considerate fair employer
Customer Service/Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2016
Good employee support, many opportunities for advancement. Excellent team atmosphere. Comfortable work environment.
Variety of shifts available.
Fun co-workers.
stressfull at times
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 October 2016
coworkers and direct supervisors were always nice and pleasant to deal with, I didn't meet/work directly with management. one department I worked is a mess, it seems like their trying to fix it now
Pros
wonderful coworkers and supervisors
Cons
stressfull, lower pay
A job when you need something
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 October 2016
bad managemnt
bad hours
little pay for high stress
over hired
un clean work space
this place sucks
I would not recommend unless you had to
full time house for 40 hours a week
not enough training
Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 October 2016
We had a month training of the same thing but not what we were going on the floor to represent. They told us the beginning of training we were going to be one thing and then at the end they said we were doing something different so we never got enough training for out job
good work environment
Video technician and sales (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 October 2016
Days were long, However, people and incentives made the day more enjoyable. very repetitive. low physical stress. Employers do a good job of motivating but may need to improve on how they approach training and constructive counselling.
Pay was awful. How companies expect people to be excited about going to work when your being paid nothing for the work that you do. Mentally drsining
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 October 2016
I worked at Satellite on 2 separate occasions once for Rogers tech support which I absolutely loved.
Then for Walmart awful!
The pay at Sitel is awful other call centers pay from 12 to 15 per hr and Sitel pays minimum wage. It's not enough money for what a rep has to deal with. To ME if a company wants to keep employees long term then give them an incentive to want to be there Money Motivates Everyone !
Pros
Lots of people
Cons
The money, turn around with Employees
It's an okay job if you are between jobs.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 September 2016
Typical day at work is taking inbound calls from customers asking about their services. The majority of the people there are nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is even though they give you in class training, you still hit the floor not being trained on how to properly use the on the floor system. You will consistently be locked out of your accounts, which hurts your pay as you are only paid for the amount of time spent logged in taking calls. And lastly there is a lack of supervisor help for the floor staff once you graduate from their training program. You can spend 10 - 15 minutes waiting for a supervisor to come over and even in that case they may not help you. Best thing you can do at this job is to learn the products and programs as quickly as you can as there are not enough people to help you when you need help.
Pros
Good co-workers, flexible schedule, ok money
Cons
Stressful, Not much support for on the floor workers
Sitel St.Catharines
Comm Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 September 2016
I have learned a lot at my time at Sitel. The people that I have worked with have been great. The hardest part of the job would be the shifts at first, getting used to working 10-12 hours on the phone.
Hello, How may I help you?
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick13 September 2016
Sitting on a desk all day long gets boring! I know,
I would sit on a chair for hours daily answering calls.
Dealing/solving their issues with a product.
Leading a customer in right direction
Making sure customers were always satisfied.
As far as the work environment went, if i was ever stuck or needed help with anything. There was somebody ALWAYS there to help leadr me in right way!
fun place to work
Customer Care Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 September 2016
a typical day at work would be answering questions customers have concerning their bills. also i sell new services to customers. i have learnt to deal with many situations agents face when dealing with customers.