Sitel Employee Reviews in Canada

Good environment
Auditing Team / Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 10, 2016
Friendly work environment with lots of paths for advancement. Management very reliable with open door policy. Very helping with any schedule issues
unpleasant job, good atmosphere
Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 9, 2016
it was an okay place to work, but the job itself was tough. an average day would consist of taking calls, helping customers
was an alright place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 24, 2016
good environment to be working in, if you do enjoy call centre positions!
I enjoyed the typical day however it can be very very stressful dealing with customers over the phone.

parts of the job are easy and parts and very difficult but does depend onto the manner situations were and are dealt with,
Cook/Student
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 21, 2016
I was here on my practicum during culinary school and I loved it, great boss and great food. serious atmosphere but you felt like a family member, small kitchen and small staff
was a alright place to work
Duties includes- Call rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 20, 2016
a lot of positive people and positive work environment , better we did the better shifts we had. it was a blast while I was there. I learned how too stay calm under preesure
Not the best
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 8, 2016
The management there is poor and if you have any medical issues don't bother because they will make your life hard so that you quit or you get fired.
Job was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 2, 2016
Training was great overall job not so great
Burn out because the same thing over and over again
Need quick employment this is a great place to start in Niagara area ( no other jobs)
Boring job but people were very friendly and helpful
Pros
quick hire
Cons
no money
very stressful enviroment
Customer Service Representative Data technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
this job is good as a career, not necissarily for someone who suffers from anxiety or stress. It is a very stressful enviroment but the managent tries there best to accomidate.
Pros
great management.
Cons
mandatory overtime
Strictly managed environment
Customer Serice/ Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed this job. I do very well with organization and management. I excelled very quickly in that company. I was there for over 10 years. I started as a basic on floor agent and within a year I was an agent Supervisor.
Tough work that some can appreciate more
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 10, 2016
I found that the work environment was not ideal for myself. The job was somewhat stressful, and was very taxing mentally. The management were friendly and interested in helping employees get better at their job, but the push to sell more products/services often seemed to ignore or underestimate the difficulties inherent to the task. That said the bonuses could be really good.
Pros
Great bonuses if you can sell upgrades/services.
Cons
All incoming calls means that majority of customers are not happy.
very very relaxed place.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 26, 2016
This is where I learned most of my skills i've used in other jobs. Great inbound communication centre. People I worked with amazing, still have a lot of friends from there. Manager was the best manager anyone can have. Very layer back environment.
Cons
company shutdown
Fantastic Work Environment
Internet Technical Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 25, 2016
Exceptional management staff, had an amazing time with Sitel. would absolutely recommend! Training was exemplary and the community environment is incomparable.
By far, the poorest organization in the city
Customer Service Representative(Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 16, 2016
This is a ridiculous place to work. I worked for sitel for two years, and it's nothing but a joke. The amount of corruption and fraudulent activities that go on are beyond me.
Bribery, for leaving//shift changes.
Stolen hours
People being fired while on Vacation//Leave of absence.
The management is beyond ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing beneficial about working for them. If you get offered a position, my advice would be, take advantage of training and then leave.
It's not worth the stress//anxiety//anger of working with people who can't control their own adolescent minds.
Pros
Long work days, minimal pay, lacking initiative
Cons
No vacation, no managers, no feedback
sitel was an ok place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 12, 2016
sitel was an ok place due to the fact that they say there loads of room for advancement where there really isn't and the hours you get are based on stats so the works that are not doing that good and need help don't get it cause they get the worst shifts with out the help and guidance to do there job
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management
Workplace lifestyle
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 12, 2016
It is a very casual working environment, which I absolutely adore and it helps me to be able to relax when I don't have to take a call. But I feel that sometimes people take advantage of that casualness by wearing inappropriate clothing, screaming down the aisles when others are on phone calls and being generally disrespectful to others
Good people, management needs improvement
Mentor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
The people you work with are wonderful and the skills you learn yourself on a day-to-day basis are beneficial for many things, but management has ran that building to the ground and makes it very difficult for advancement.
Pros
People
Cons
Schedules
Far from a "people first culture" not sure who the "PEOPLE" are
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 18, 2016
The training is in-depth on sales and greatly lacks customer support, (which is what the calls are about) de-escalation and the actual system you will be working on when you start taking calls on the floor - It's an interface you have never trained on. It is a mystery to me how that they expect you to sell something to a client that has had less than adequate service for something they pay for and they are irate for the most part ( you cannot blame them). 70% of the calls are rude irate people that are paying for bad services. I guess you could try and sell more bad services to the 30% that do not act irate. Attendance, sales goals and surveys are all that seem important to any form of management, or lack there of, and you are threatened on a daily basis by way of innuendo if you do not meet whatever goal they place on you that day, week or month and don't get sick or have an appointment, it is greatly frowned upon.

The manager runs around like a cheer leader all day patting staff on the back, then runs to his office and sends out emails about how LOW the customer surveys are. What a joke! This place is a farce, If i were in a management position here ( and I have had many), I would not be able to sleep at night!
Pros
It is a job and it pays slightly higher than welfare.
Cons
To many to list - it is a circus.
only worked here to get out of my previous midnight shift job
Inbound Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 16, 2016
working here was awful. the training was great but once you got on the floor you felt so terrified and stressed. the hours were absolutely terrible. i worked 5x8's but would have rathered have worked 4x10's because i felt like i was there all of the time. the shifts are in the middle of the day so you can't do anything before or after work. sometimes the pay out didn't come on the pay check's they should have been on.
Pros
meetings that took a lot of time
Cons
the hours
Customer Service Representative full time (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 15, 2016
Worked hard , very busy
Work individually in a team
Communicate with co-workers
It was not easy to always be on the phones\
I enjoyed educating customers on different products
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Evening shifts
long hrs seemed to drag on
Data entry clerk and customer relations (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 12, 2016
customer relation was a horrible job as every call would be someone yelling at you because their bill was to high. to receive bonuses you would have to get crazy amount of sales
Pros
Cons
everything