Sitel Employee Reviews in Canada

very very relaxed place.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 26, 2016
This is where I learned most of my skills i've used in other jobs. Great inbound communication centre. People I worked with amazing, still have a lot of friends from there. Manager was the best manager anyone can have. Very layer back environment.
Cons
company shutdown
Fantastic Work Environment
Internet Technical Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 25, 2016
Exceptional management staff, had an amazing time with Sitel. would absolutely recommend! Training was exemplary and the community environment is incomparable.
By far, the poorest organization in the city
Customer Service Representative(Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 16, 2016
This is a ridiculous place to work. I worked for sitel for two years, and it's nothing but a joke. The amount of corruption and fraudulent activities that go on are beyond me.
Bribery, for leaving//shift changes.
Stolen hours
People being fired while on Vacation//Leave of absence.
The management is beyond ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing beneficial about working for them. If you get offered a position, my advice would be, take advantage of training and then leave.
It's not worth the stress//anxiety//anger of working with people who can't control their own adolescent minds.
Pros
Long work days, minimal pay, lacking initiative
Cons
No vacation, no managers, no feedback
Workplace lifestyle
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 12, 2016
It is a very casual working environment, which I absolutely adore and it helps me to be able to relax when I don't have to take a call. But I feel that sometimes people take advantage of that casualness by wearing inappropriate clothing, screaming down the aisles when others are on phone calls and being generally disrespectful to others
Good people, management needs improvement
Mentor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
The people you work with are wonderful and the skills you learn yourself on a day-to-day basis are beneficial for many things, but management has ran that building to the ground and makes it very difficult for advancement.
Pros
People
Cons
Schedules
Far from a "people first culture" not sure who the "PEOPLE" are
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 18, 2016
The training is in-depth on sales and greatly lacks customer support, (which is what the calls are about) de-escalation and the actual system you will be working on when you start taking calls on the floor - It's an interface you have never trained on. It is a mystery to me how that they expect you to sell something to a client that has had less than adequate service for something they pay for and they are irate for the most part ( you cannot blame them). 70% of the calls are rude irate people that are paying for bad services. I guess you could try and sell more bad services to the 30% that do not act irate. Attendance, sales goals and surveys are all that seem important to any form of management, or lack there of, and you are threatened on a daily basis by way of innuendo if you do not meet whatever goal they place on you that day, week or month and don't get sick or have an appointment, it is greatly frowned upon.

The manager runs around like a cheer leader all day patting staff on the back, then runs to his office and sends out emails about how LOW the customer surveys are. What a joke! This place is a farce, If i were in a management position here ( and I have had many), I would not be able to sleep at night!
Pros
It is a job and it pays slightly higher than welfare.
Cons
To many to list - it is a circus.
only worked here to get out of my previous midnight shift job
Inbound Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 16, 2016
working here was awful. the training was great but once you got on the floor you felt so terrified and stressed. the hours were absolutely terrible. i worked 5x8's but would have rathered have worked 4x10's because i felt like i was there all of the time. the shifts are in the middle of the day so you can't do anything before or after work. sometimes the pay out didn't come on the pay check's they should have been on.
Pros
meetings that took a lot of time
Cons
the hours
Customer Service Representative full time (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 15, 2016
Worked hard , very busy
Work individually in a team
Communicate with co-workers
It was not easy to always be on the phones\
I enjoyed educating customers on different products
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Evening shifts
long hrs seemed to drag on
Data entry clerk and customer relations (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 12, 2016
customer relation was a horrible job as every call would be someone yelling at you because their bill was to high. to receive bonuses you would have to get crazy amount of sales
Pros
Cons
everything
Great place to work with plenty of job advancements
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 1, 2016
Like most other call centers, this one has multiple different campaigns for several big clients, all offering different roles; Customer service, sales and retention, and all have opportunities to advance up the management chain. Hours will be dependant on what the client needs, and can change at any time, and the hours you work will be dependant on a performance-based shift bid, which can last as little as a month, to several months, depending on client needs. The internal atmosphere is fantastic, and makes work easier to come back to, day after day. The only thing to really consider is that call centers are not for everyone; it can be a stressful job, but it can also be very rewarding. It's a fast-paced environment, where you're going to require the ability to multi-task, and to adapt, as change is a constant, regardless of who your client is.
Pros
Break room provides free recreational internet access, a pool table and the location provides easy access to a nearby Tim Hortons, Fantastic heath benefits.
Cons
inconsistant shift bids
great work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP FOR COX CABLE TECH SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 29, 2016
my day at work is answering incoming calls and doing tech support for cox cable sitel is a great place to work friendly place to work. the coaches and floor support are very helpful
Pros
every month instentives
Good job experience, fluctuating hours
Team Coach (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 23, 2016
Site is a high pressure fast paced work environment. In the position of Team Coach, I was responsible for Managing a team of 35 agents. Typical job duties included monitoring the call queue, measuring team members on various performance metrics, and providing coaching and feedback to help team members meet their goals and objectives. I also met with the campaign client, and collaborated with various departments to ensure business needs and client expectations were met.

In my time at Sitel I was recognized for being able to meet and exceed my personal goals and help my team achieve their goals. I frequently put in extra hours and worked fluctuating shifts.

I thrived on meeting new challenges and helping my team achieve their performance metrics and goals.
Pros
Helping agents achieve goals
Cons
Fluctuating hours
Sitel
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed working for Sitel, however they do have their flaws. The wages are not the greatest and a lot of people do not stay long. It is a great place to work with great people.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
wages are not good
Has been a long term employer
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 7, 2016
I have advanced from supervisor to management and enjoyed working with the staff and learning the lines of business.

The hardest part of the job for me was change from handling onsite issues myself and moving to a third party company that I was to simply over see.

I enjoyed overseeing the staff however also enjoyed being hands on with the day to day projects on site.
Management not good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 5, 2016
No raises for years Management does not care about agents only about the bottom line. No work life balance. They will change your schedule with little notice
Call Centre
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 23, 2016
Call centre jobs are not easy jobs

The salary was good and the training was well given

The challenges while on the floor taking calls is really tough

The hours were ok but the location was really far from my house

The management was not bad but there was a lot of pressure from them to do cross-sales
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
A lot of stress
Good environment
Account Service Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 17, 2016
The employees are great, enjoyed the training, the supervisors are always willing to help no matter how many times you aks
Still in training and i won't work here past the month
Billing (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 14, 2016
everything you read is true.

I went into this job like a lot of the people here, fill the void to make a paycheck. You talk or overhear the other workers, hate their job, talk about the favouritism, see the wanna be management act like they are something; its all very laughable ...until you end up there.

I say wanna be managers bc if you see what they are like, how full of themselves, and how they conduct themselves and you have actually worked your butt off in management and you see this all you can do is laugh and realize this is a joke.

Job is there to pay and that is it. You get in and you get out as fast as you can.

Initially they paint such a pretty picture, meanwhile you've read these reviews or perhaps you know people who've worked here, so you know the reality. Sometimes you can even kid yourself and think this is not that bad.

But it is. Pay heed, you are not that desperate. Or are you? Don't worry you will find another job.
Pros
free food, benefits if they mean something to you
Cons
training hours, favoritism, hours, and again the hours that aren't realistic.
Relaxed and organized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 11, 2016
SITEL is an amazing BPO in Canada. They are fully equipped with the right mix of technology and work personnel. They provide formal training and tests before they release you on the floor and evaluate both at covert and at the overt level. You learn the key competencies required for performing customer service.
Pros
Work Environment, ERP Training
Cons
they had extra events that kept up morale
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 6, 2016
took calls about clients bills back to back for 10hrs. had to know what i was looking for on every call,keep in control of the call flow and customer.
Pros
good hours