Sitel Employee Reviews

The Truth
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 October 2016
Best job ever would work there again

The CEO came in one day and gave us all an incentive bonus for remembrance day, of 500$

The hardest part of the job? Would have to be when I need to go home.

The best and most enjoyable part is when I walk in and receive a hearty healthy welcoming Hello from the lovely and extremely beautiful desk attendant.

The managers are so understanding and friendly, the system we worked with was so well constructed I wouldn't have wanted it change in any way at all.

I've learned so much from working at sitel, I want to advance my education to aid in their success and future growth some day.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Not enough hours in the week to work there all the time!
By far, the poorest organization in the city
Customer Service Representative(Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 April 2016
This is a ridiculous place to work. I worked for sitel for two years, and it's nothing but a joke. The amount of corruption and fraudulent activities that go on are beyond me.
Bribery, for leaving//shift changes.
Stolen hours
People being fired while on Vacation//Leave of absence.
The management is beyond ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing beneficial about working for them. If you get offered a position, my advice would be, take advantage of training and then leave.
It's not worth the stress//anxiety//anger of working with people who can't control their own adolescent minds.
Pros
Long work days, minimal pay, lacking initiative
Cons
No vacation, no managers, no feedback
extremely stressful and more focised of sales then solutions
COX communication internet support representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 August 2016
working here is extremely stressful, we are given very little time to actually trouble shoot problems we are given 11 minutes per call when a simple restart can take 5 minutes, we are expected to push sales of products on every call and in some cases to prioritize the sale over finding actual solutions to the customers problem, and the management is consistently volunteering for increased workload despite an ongoing problem with absenteeism resulting in mandatory overtime almost year round well also increasing the duties of current and new employees with no change in pay or time to prepare for the new duties outside of a short 1-2 hour training session
Fun co-workers, difficult job.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 August 2016
In a typical day there are a few angry customers, troubleshooting, and working on the computer. I learned patience and multitasking as well as very good time management skills. Management was very fair and helpful, co-workers were friendly and fun to be around and they were the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is dealing with the angry customers, and trying to calm them down enough to allow them to let us help them.
Pros
Fun, friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
angry customers
Excellent workforce. Great co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 August 2016
Customer Service. Call after call, none stop. I've learnt to multi-task, gave excellent customer service. High management recently was very helpful and wanted to take care of employees. My co-workers were the best part of this job. They are great people, fun to work with, supportive.

The hardest part of this job was that I did want to give service in Spanish but because there was no supervisor that would check my calls, I was prohibited to speak Spanish to customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be around my co-workers.
Pros
Good extended health insurance
Cons
Not too flexible with shifts
It was an okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 August 2016
Sitel was an okay job, the benefits were not great and salary was low. The management was very disorganized. There was a lot of miscommunication aswell.
HTC technical support
HTC technical support representative. (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 August 2016
I learned impeccable composure during certain calls due to irate customers. The ability to multitask while ensuring customer satisfaction.The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with others or your clients whether you had down time or from the phones or just talking to your co-worker beside you. they had an excellent wreck room with computers, wifi, tv, and a pool table. managment helped with any issues that came up an
Pros
great pay.
Cons
long hours.irate individuals
Good environment
Auditing Team / Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 July 2016
Friendly work environment with lots of paths for advancement. Management very reliable with open door policy. Very helping with any schedule issues
very stressful enviroment
Customer Service Representative Data technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 May 2016
this job is good as a career, not necissarily for someone who suffers from anxiety or stress. It is a very stressful enviroment but the managent tries there best to accomidate.
Pros
great management.
Cons
mandatory overtime
Great place to work with plenty of job advancements
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 March 2016
Like most other call centers, this one has multiple different campaigns for several big clients, all offering different roles; Customer service, sales and retention, and all have opportunities to advance up the management chain. Hours will be dependant on what the client needs, and can change at any time, and the hours you work will be dependant on a performance-based shift bid, which can last as little as a month, to several months, depending on client needs. The internal atmosphere is fantastic, and makes work easier to come back to, day after day. The only thing to really consider is that call centers are not for everyone; it can be a stressful job, but it can also be very rewarding. It's a fast-paced environment, where you're going to require the ability to multi-task, and to adapt, as change is a constant, regardless of who your client is.
Pros
Break room provides free recreational internet access, a pool table and the location provides easy access to a nearby Tim Hortons, Fantastic heath benefits.
Cons
inconsistant shift bids
Fun place to work
Collections agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 November 2016
It is nice talking to all the different people on a daily basses and it is mostly a fun work environment. I talk to people all over the world and am getting to know other cultures and lots of personality's. It is challenging and good at the same time as it is always nice to meat new people and learn skills.
Pros
bonus for good stats
Cons
wage freeze at this time
sitel was an ok place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 April 2016
sitel was an ok place due to the fact that they say there loads of room for advancement where there really isn't and the hours you get are based on stats so the works that are not doing that good and need help don't get it cause they get the worst shifts with out the help and guidance to do there job
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management
Good fun place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 September 2016
It is a good and fun place
My co workers were very nice to me and they made it a great place to work
The management always kept in the loop of what was going on
The most enjoyable part of my job was talking and meeting a variety of different people on a daily basis
Not the best
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 June 2016
The management there is poor and if you have any medical issues don't bother because they will make your life hard so that you quit or you get fired.
stressfull at times
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 October 2016
coworkers and direct supervisors were always nice and pleasant to deal with, I didn't meet/work directly with management. one department I worked is a mess, it seems like their trying to fix it now
Pros
wonderful coworkers and supervisors
Cons
stressfull, lower pay
Difficult to work for
Technical support professional HTC (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 July 2016
Sitel was difficult to work for as the would change which supervisor a agent reported to with out informing the agent they would change policy that agents where required to follow on calls with out informing agent and without providing the agents a way to find out if those policy's had changed.
Pros
Health plan was low cost and provided many benefits.
Cons
Poorly managed at times.
It's an okay job if you are between jobs.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 September 2016
Typical day at work is taking inbound calls from customers asking about their services. The majority of the people there are nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is even though they give you in class training, you still hit the floor not being trained on how to properly use the on the floor system. You will consistently be locked out of your accounts, which hurts your pay as you are only paid for the amount of time spent logged in taking calls. And lastly there is a lack of supervisor help for the floor staff once you graduate from their training program. You can spend 10 - 15 minutes waiting for a supervisor to come over and even in that case they may not help you. Best thing you can do at this job is to learn the products and programs as quickly as you can as there are not enough people to help you when you need help.
Pros
Good co-workers, flexible schedule, ok money
Cons
Stressful, Not much support for on the floor workers
Pay was awful. How companies expect people to be excited about going to work when your being paid nothing for the work that you do. Mentally drsining
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 October 2016
I worked at Satellite on 2 separate occasions once for Rogers tech support which I absolutely loved.
Then for Walmart awful!
The pay at Sitel is awful other call centers pay from 12 to 15 per hr and Sitel pays minimum wage. It's not enough money for what a rep has to deal with. To ME if a company wants to keep employees long term then give them an incentive to want to be there Money Motivates Everyone !
Pros
Lots of people
Cons
The money, turn around with Employees
Management not good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 February 2016
No raises for years Management does not care about agents only about the bottom line. No work life balance. They will change your schedule with little notice
Considerate fair employer
Customer Service/Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2016
Good employee support, many opportunities for advancement. Excellent team atmosphere. Comfortable work environment.
Variety of shifts available.
Fun co-workers.