Sitel Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent workforce. Great co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 24, 2016
Customer Service. Call after call, none stop. I've learnt to multi-task, gave excellent customer service. High management recently was very helpful and wanted to take care of employees. My co-workers were the best part of this job. They are great people, fun to work with, supportive.

The hardest part of this job was that I did want to give service in Spanish but because there was no supervisor that would check my calls, I was prohibited to speak Spanish to customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be around my co-workers.
Pros
Good extended health insurance
Cons
Not too flexible with shifts
HTC technical support
HTC technical support representative. (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 14, 2016
I learned impeccable composure during certain calls due to irate customers. The ability to multitask while ensuring customer satisfaction.The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with others or your clients whether you had down time or from the phones or just talking to your co-worker beside you. they had an excellent wreck room with computers, wifi, tv, and a pool table. managment helped with any issues that came up an
Pros
great pay.
Cons
long hours.irate individuals
It was an okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 9, 2016
Sitel was an okay job, the benefits were not great and salary was low. The management was very disorganized. There was a lot of miscommunication aswell.
Sitel was an overall genuine place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 7, 2016
I love working with the Sitel family! Everyone was friendly and understanding and the training was thorough and organized. Management knew what they were doing at all times and floor support was exceptional.
extremely stressful and more focised of sales then solutions
COX communication internet support representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 7, 2016
working here is extremely stressful, we are given very little time to actually trouble shoot problems we are given 11 minutes per call when a simple restart can take 5 minutes, we are expected to push sales of products on every call and in some cases to prioritize the sale over finding actual solutions to the customers problem, and the management is consistently volunteering for increased workload despite an ongoing problem with absenteeism resulting in mandatory overtime almost year round well also increasing the duties of current and new employees with no change in pay or time to prepare for the new duties outside of a short 1-2 hour training session
gave us incentives
Cashier/ Stock/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at work entails coming in 20 minutes early checking my emails and opening up the system. I then start taking calls and assisting customers.
Difficult to work for
Technical support professional HTC (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 14, 2016
Sitel was difficult to work for as the would change which supervisor a agent reported to with out informing the agent they would change policy that agents where required to follow on calls with out informing agent and without providing the agents a way to find out if those policy's had changed.
Pros
Health plan was low cost and provided many benefits.
Cons
Poorly managed at times.
Good environment
Auditing Team / Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 10, 2016
Friendly work environment with lots of paths for advancement. Management very reliable with open door policy. Very helping with any schedule issues
unpleasant job, good atmosphere
Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 9, 2016
it was an okay place to work, but the job itself was tough. an average day would consist of taking calls, helping customers
was an alright place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 24, 2016
good environment to be working in, if you do enjoy call centre positions!
I enjoyed the typical day however it can be very very stressful dealing with customers over the phone.

parts of the job are easy and parts and very difficult but does depend onto the manner situations were and are dealt with,
Cook/Student
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 21, 2016
I was here on my practicum during culinary school and I loved it, great boss and great food. serious atmosphere but you felt like a family member, small kitchen and small staff
was a alright place to work
Duties includes- Call rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 20, 2016
a lot of positive people and positive work environment , better we did the better shifts we had. it was a blast while I was there. I learned how too stay calm under preesure
Not the best
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 8, 2016
The management there is poor and if you have any medical issues don't bother because they will make your life hard so that you quit or you get fired.
Job was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 2, 2016
Training was great overall job not so great
Burn out because the same thing over and over again
Need quick employment this is a great place to start in Niagara area ( no other jobs)
Boring job but people were very friendly and helpful
Pros
quick hire
Cons
no money
very stressful enviroment
Customer Service Representative Data technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
this job is good as a career, not necissarily for someone who suffers from anxiety or stress. It is a very stressful enviroment but the managent tries there best to accomidate.
Pros
great management.
Cons
mandatory overtime
Strictly managed environment
Customer Serice/ Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed this job. I do very well with organization and management. I excelled very quickly in that company. I was there for over 10 years. I started as a basic on floor agent and within a year I was an agent Supervisor.
Tough work that some can appreciate more
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 10, 2016
I found that the work environment was not ideal for myself. The job was somewhat stressful, and was very taxing mentally. The management were friendly and interested in helping employees get better at their job, but the push to sell more products/services often seemed to ignore or underestimate the difficulties inherent to the task. That said the bonuses could be really good.
Pros
Great bonuses if you can sell upgrades/services.
Cons
All incoming calls means that majority of customers are not happy.
very very relaxed place.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 26, 2016
This is where I learned most of my skills i've used in other jobs. Great inbound communication centre. People I worked with amazing, still have a lot of friends from there. Manager was the best manager anyone can have. Very layer back environment.
Cons
company shutdown
Fantastic Work Environment
Internet Technical Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 25, 2016
Exceptional management staff, had an amazing time with Sitel. would absolutely recommend! Training was exemplary and the community environment is incomparable.
By far, the poorest organization in the city
Customer Service Representative(Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 16, 2016
This is a ridiculous place to work. I worked for sitel for two years, and it's nothing but a joke. The amount of corruption and fraudulent activities that go on are beyond me.
Bribery, for leaving//shift changes.
Stolen hours
People being fired while on Vacation//Leave of absence.
The management is beyond ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing beneficial about working for them. If you get offered a position, my advice would be, take advantage of training and then leave.
It's not worth the stress//anxiety//anger of working with people who can't control their own adolescent minds.
Pros
Long work days, minimal pay, lacking initiative
Cons
No vacation, no managers, no feedback