Sitel Employee Reviews

Awesome
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 May 2017
If you ever have an opportunity to work at Sitel don't miss it. Sitel has a great staff that surrounds you and will provide you with an awesome work experience. They build your customer relations and teach you how to handle and calm down an aggressive situation. I had a lot of fun while working at Sitel and would love to work there again if I ever get a chance to.
Pros
Benefits and everything else
Cons
Having a headset on sometimes hurts your ears but the pros outweigh the cons
Do not work here! #Cmha
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 May 2017
This is an alright work space for individuals in high school! The amount of mental strain it takes to be pleasant to some of the individuals you interact with both on call or in the building is mediocre at best.

I would not recommend this high stress, low paying, no fair benefit job if you have any diagnosed mental health issues.
Unorganized and unprofessional place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 May 2017
Worst customer care center i have ever worked at. The customers are terrible the job role is terrible. You cant wait to leave as soon as you arrive every shift. The environment is not the most conducive to work in.
Cons
Bad hours, boring job, terrible customers
Fast past work environment
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 May 2017
I only worked the Christmas rush so I wasn't there for long but the experience I had while working there those few weeks was good. I enjoyed the laid back environment.
Pros
Cons
Sitting down for hours
Good job
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 May 2017
Sitel staff are very good to work for..upper management will work with you and your schedule..they have motivating games for the reps for making sales..good benefits..I enjoy working there
Fair
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 May 2017
The people working there make the experience much more enjoyable. Most of the management was very hands on and more than knowledgeable on the program they're managing, while others it appeared need to be retrained in their specific field to be assist the associates.
Enjoyable place to work, and great team members and coaches
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 May 2017
Sitel was a great job to work at. The training was in depth, the trainers were fun and personable. The environment was fun and welcoming would definitely recommend to anyone!
Pros
special events
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
its not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 April 2017
Working at sitel had its ups and down, the floor support is terrible but the management would do anything to see you succeed. its takes someone special to work in a call center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 April 2017
we answered phone and sit in chairs all day. I learned that working in a call center takes a certain type of person. Management was not following policy and expected the employees follow the policy. Talk time was unfair. Making friends was the best part
Pros
friends made
Cons
talk time
Nope Nope Nope...!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 April 2017
This was the worst place i ever worked, the amount of stress that came into my life from this job had me out of work for over a year.the people are nice and helpful, they do there best to help you cope with the change of pace but its just a hard job takes a big toll
Pros
stress leave?
Cons
the hole job.
No longer a company
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2017
Shut down several years ago
Team dissolved
Telemarketing at its best. Long hours, hard job.
Good group of employees to work with.
Made some great life long friends
Pros
Off @ 2:45pm on fridays
Cons
Na
Good job but a bit stressful
Tech support/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB10 April 2017
Sitel gave you extensive training regarding units and customer service, training began in the classroom then continued out onto the floor. The job mainly consisted of doing tech support with units, billing and general customer service
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Stressful
Good fallback
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 April 2017
The people are nice and they mean well, management is lacking and I felt at times I would be better suited for it. All in all pleasant, telecommunications isn't always fun but its alright.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Emotional Stress
enjoyable, good team.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 April 2017
I would sit on the phones, calling customers to collect payments, and taking incoming calls to assist customers. I worked the night shift. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as management. I became a top collector among my co-workers.
Pros
nice work environment
A fairly decent call center with lots of incentives for employees
Billing specialis (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 April 2017
Having worked at a previous call center, I swore I'd never work at another one and yet here I am 2 yrs in. The job can be EXTREMELY stressful and frustrating at times, and the pay is not much above min wage, but there are full benefits provided after 6 months on the job and management is very accommodating when you have any personal problems such as transportation or child care needs, school or health issues.
Pros
Benefits. Incentives, bonuses, 50/50 draws etc
Cons
Stressful calls and a LOT of pressure to sell services and pitch on ever single call
It was okay, not a forever job though
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 April 2017
The work seems like it would be easy. Answer calls and take care of it, but there is no sense of control in that job and you eventually start getting irritated at the repetitiveness. Also the salary isn't the greatest.
Pros
40 hour work weeks, great people
Cons
Working hours are late or weekends, pay
Answering phones all day
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 April 2017
Long days, answering phone calls, management and corporate are NEVER on the same page, constant changes in procedures, NEED to meet sales goals which is something they don't advise to you until you're hired.
My Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 April 2017
When working at Sitel, I enjoyed working on the phones, however did not enjoy working with Cox Communications as I felt it was hard to enforce some of there policies. Costumers did not agree with a lot of them and in return would get mad at us for it.
Good learning experience
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Megaworld Bagong bayan Libis Philippines1 April 2017
Sitel is a good stable company, where you can work with your open policy management. Managers, Workforce, Quality Assurance Team, Supervisor and Team lead are approachable and ever ready to support you to perform your job.
Pros
Training is awesome
Cons
If you love people, this is a great job to get customer service experience.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 March 2017
The hours are long but very rewarding. There are multiple incentives within the work place that make you forget how long you'e actually been at work that day. Each month there are employee geared initiatives that really make you feel appreciated as an employee such as free food, free merchandise if you win certain competitions and a few weird ones like turkey bowling. The staff are nothing short of helpful and friendly. If you're good with computers and like people, this is certainly the job for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.