Sirens Employee Reviews

Great people great environment
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
Sirens is a great place to work everyone there is super friendly and will help you as best as they can to find the things you need. The management is outstanding and is always on top of everything that needs to be done in the store before closing.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours
it was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
i love working with the company they a re great and really helped my learn to work on my customer service work. it was a call centre but the employees where great.
Fast-paced environmet
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2017
It is a unique experience to work at a retail store. At first, it is hard to stand for long periods of time. Since the store is big, it must be kept clean for customers.
Pros
Discount of clothing!
Cons
Too many hours standing
Not the best company
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
They do not provide benefits to their employees. Very little opportunity to move up. Stagnant pay only minimum wage never increase. No recognition of workers long term commitment to them.
productive and fun workplace
Sales associate, cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
fun and interacting workplace
learned the fundamentals of a retail department throughout the 4 years of working for the company

dealt with a lot of changes through the year that i was able to adjust quickly and effectively
Pros
working with a great team
Cons
10 minute breaks for 4 hour shifts
Very fast pace and easy to learn
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2017
Always learning new thing and challanges where easy to over come. the management were always there for anything that came up and helped solved any issues that came about
Got to learn new things
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
With this job I got to grow with the company very fast which I was very great full of.
I learnt many things with this company that could help benefit in other future careers.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 March 2017
fun workplace, nice coworkers, management could be more organized, workplace culture was accepting and friendly. hardest part of the job is cleaning up after people in store and change rooms
Cons
don't get 10 minute breaks
Uplifting, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 March 2017
This job was great! However they began hiring girls under 20 years old. In my opinion, that's when everyone started looking for other jobs because management was like a circus!
Pros
All the clothing
Cons
Working at sirens was very eye opening
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
As my first job I learn a lot o bout the way sirens worked how to sell and provide the best help for our costumers. Is was challenging but fun at the same time . Siren employees are like a family we work to together and we help each other out .
Pros
You get a 20% off the clothes from the store and there sister company's
Cons
There are no other benefits
Giving new jobs a try
Cashier / Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 March 2017
This job was during the school years and helped me learn great customer service skills. This job helped me see all different types of individuals and encouraged me to gain confidence. It showed me how to gain leadership skills and how I as a person would like to be treated.
Love it
excellent friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
i loved the co workers and the manger. very accepting, i left cos school i was young during the time. the company is very popular clothing in the GTA very good retail store
fun work environment
Key Holder /Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2017
Very fun, exciting work environment. There was rarely nothing to do, all the employees were super fun and outgoing and welcoming. The training for the position was great and there was room for advancement quickly.
Pros
flexibility in schedules
Cons
down time was slow
wouldnt reccomend
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2017
I worked for Sirens for 3 years. It is easy to move up within the company but with no real big salary change. You are over worked and with no recognition, no matter what you do there is always better that can be done.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay/work life balance
Pretty horrible job as the management is not that great
cashier and a sales associate for costumer support (Former Employee) –  scarborough town centre29 January 2017
Management fails to care for employees. Hours given to employees are inconsistent and interrupt your work/life balance as you get called in randomly if employees call in sick. Job security is very low and promotions are rarely given.
Team work was key
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 December 2016
Best manager I had. Took time to actually care about her employees. Minimum wage. People really knew how to work as a team. Did allow employees to progress by teaching and leading by example.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who did not care for the no refunds policy.

Head office does overwork employees and there is not much recognition on how hard employees work at a store level.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team you worked with.
Great Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 December 2016
Great store with customer service skills. The store is alway kept neat and tidy and you know where easily find everything you are looking for.
Worst Place to Work
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
The Sirens at Orfus Road in Toronto is the worst place to work and should probably be reported. When inventory has to be restocked or if the store is really busy, staff work 7-8 hour shifts with no breaks. Not sure this is even legal. Staff are treated badly overall and its not a good working environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
7.00
Sales Woman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
it was to far to travel back and forth, the manager that worked there too,left and I liked her and the way she ran the store and new one came in and ruined the store so I quiet, wasn't worth going back nd forth of the distance
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
none really
great environment , fun workplace
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2016
Loved working with different types of fashion and trends, helping people having a positive attitude always, making sure everything is neat and clean as well helping people pick clothes
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sirens. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8