Sirens Employee Reviews

Pretty horrible job as the management is not that great
cashier and a sales associate for costumer support (Former Employee) –  scarborough town centre29 January 2017
Management fails to care for employees. Hours given to employees are inconsistent and interrupt your work/life balance as you get called in randomly if employees call in sick. Job security is very low and promotions are rarely given.
wouldnt reccomend
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2017
I worked for Sirens for 3 years. It is easy to move up within the company but with no real big salary change. You are over worked and with no recognition, no matter what you do there is always better that can be done.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay/work life balance
Working at sirens was very eye opening
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
As my first job I learn a lot o bout the way sirens worked how to sell and provide the best help for our costumers. Is was challenging but fun at the same time . Siren employees are like a family we work to together and we help each other out .
Pros
You get a 20% off the clothes from the store and there sister company's
Cons
There are no other benefits
fun work environment
Key Holder /Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2017
Very fun, exciting work environment. There was rarely nothing to do, all the employees were super fun and outgoing and welcoming. The training for the position was great and there was room for advancement quickly.
Pros
flexibility in schedules
Cons
down time was slow
Uplifting, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 March 2017
This job was great! However they began hiring girls under 20 years old. In my opinion, that's when everyone started looking for other jobs because management was like a circus!
Pros
All the clothing
Productive, well-organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
Typical day was good and not too busy that you wouldn't get too stressed out. Co-workers were amazing and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job, would be helping the customers. It teaches you great management skills and customer service skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
long hours, depending on your schedule
Team work was key
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 December 2016
Best manager I had. Took time to actually care about her employees. Minimum wage. People really knew how to work as a team. Did allow employees to progress by teaching and leading by example.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who did not care for the no refunds policy.

Head office does overwork employees and there is not much recognition on how hard employees work at a store level.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team you worked with.
Worst Place to Work
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
The Sirens at Orfus Road in Toronto is the worst place to work and should probably be reported. When inventory has to be restocked or if the store is really busy, staff work 7-8 hour shifts with no breaks. Not sure this is even legal. Staff are treated badly overall and its not a good working environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
Love it
excellent friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
i loved the co workers and the manger. very accepting, i left cos school i was young during the time. the company is very popular clothing in the GTA very good retail store
Great Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 December 2016
Great store with customer service skills. The store is alway kept neat and tidy and you know where easily find everything you are looking for.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate - (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 June 2016
Pack clothes in the back, clean change rooms, Put clothes back where they belonged, sweep, mop, wipe down countertops and changeroom windows and mirrors
Pros
I got the chance to use walkie talkies
Cons
Long hours, feet was swollen at the end of my shift
Productive day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 May 2016
A typical day at work,

A typical day at work would be making sure the store is neat and helping assist customers into fitting rooms as well as cashing them out as soon as they are finished finding what they want.
Pros
Being able to assist new people
Cons
Good environment for young retailers to gain experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2015
A typical day at Sirens would be providing excellent customer service as well as ensuring the overall cleanliness of the store. From working at Sirens I learned how to properly greet and serve clients, providing excellent customer service and up-selling in order to achieve higher numbers and increase revenue. Management was not the most organized but I was able to focus on myself within my employment as a cashier/sales associate. Most co-workers got a long and worked together to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was working under unorganized management and no knowing who to speak to for what. I enjoyed working at Sirens because it gave me experience that I was able to take with me to another company that had room for advancement.
working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2014
A day at work starts everyday like always on time, friendly, lively and great team players and staff. Management is excellent satisfying every customers needs and staff. I learn to multi-task faster and fluently in a fast pace environment work better along side my co workers and managers, co-workers are always a very helpful surrounding with each other and our customers at all times. Hardest part is always pleasing your customer's with the out-most best and placing them first even when they are in the wrong and the most enjoyable part is learning new things about myself, our company policies, benefits, staff and what skills that out shine others and what i can really bring forth into a company or organization.
Pros
you get fexable hours to meet everyone needs and time of avaiability
Cons
not enough hours available within certain months
One of my worst jobs
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  niagara falls ON30 August 2015
was not appreciated at all.
got pushed around on a daily basis.
got relocated against my will.
treated very unfairly.
was promoted to assistant manager, worked 46 hours a week, did not get paid for the over time i put in, didn't get the raise i was supposed to.
went back to original store and got demoted without notice.
company was late giving out t4s's
made us sign a paper saying we wouldn't report how late they were sent out to the labor board.
Pros
great people
Cons
minimal hours, teated poorly
Fun environment
Head Cashier (Management)/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
Good environment, good music, good clothes! Everyone working there was nice and created a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good hours, approachable management
Cons
Sometimes a bit slow, could get a little boring
7.00
Sales Woman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
it was to far to travel back and forth, the manager that worked there too,left and I liked her and the way she ran the store and new one came in and ruined the store so I quiet, wasn't worth going back nd forth of the distance
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
none really
Enthusiastic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 June 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sirens , I learned alot because it was my first retail job. I had really friendly co-workers. The hardest part was travelling really far to get too work. I mostly enjoyed the customers and the location.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Overall fun work place with a great management team. great place to grow and develop in the retail industry. As well as a diverse environment where you get to deal with a verity of customers on daily basis.
Pros
great staff
Cons
work/life balance
great environment , fun workplace
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2016
Loved working with different types of fashion and trends, helping people having a positive attitude always, making sure everything is neat and clean as well helping people pick clothes
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons

2.8