Sirens Employee Reviews in Canada

One of my worst jobs
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  niagara falls ONAugust 30, 2015
was not appreciated at all.
got pushed around on a daily basis.
got relocated against my will.
treated very unfairly.
was promoted to assistant manager, worked 46 hours a week, did not get paid for the over time i put in, didn't get the raise i was supposed to.
went back to original store and got demoted without notice.
company was late giving out t4s's
made us sign a paper saying we wouldn't report how late they were sent out to the labor board.
Pros
great people
Cons
minimal hours, teated poorly
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Overall fun work place with a great management team. great place to grow and develop in the retail industry. As well as a diverse environment where you get to deal with a verity of customers on daily basis.
Pros
great staff
Cons
work/life balance
very energetic!!! always busy!!!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 24, 2015
many opportunities to grow within the company. salary income not very high. great employee discount. upper management was great to deal with. they always kept an open mind when discussing store details.
Pros
always room to grow
Cons
pay not too high
Good environment for young retailers to gain experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
A typical day at Sirens would be providing excellent customer service as well as ensuring the overall cleanliness of the store. From working at Sirens I learned how to properly greet and serve clients, providing excellent customer service and up-selling in order to achieve higher numbers and increase revenue. Management was not the most organized but I was able to focus on myself within my employment as a cashier/sales associate. Most co-workers got a long and worked together to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was working under unorganized management and no knowing who to speak to for what. I enjoyed working at Sirens because it gave me experience that I was able to take with me to another company that had room for advancement.
Productive, well-organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2016
Typical day was good and not too busy that you wouldn't get too stressed out. Co-workers were amazing and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job, would be helping the customers. It teaches you great management skills and customer service skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
long hours, depending on your schedule
Productive day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work,

A typical day at work would be making sure the store is neat and helping assist customers into fitting rooms as well as cashing them out as soon as they are finished finding what they want.
Pros
Being able to assist new people
Cons
Productive and fun to communicate with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work is folding clothes and greeting customers, I learned that everything must be in its place before you leave, the colours matching and sizes in order. the best part of the job was when friend come to see me and I help them pick out an outfit.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate - (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 10, 2016
Pack clothes in the back, clean change rooms, Put clothes back where they belonged, sweep, mop, wipe down countertops and changeroom windows and mirrors
Pros
I got the chance to use walkie talkies
Cons
Long hours, feet was swollen at the end of my shift
great environment , fun workplace
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 27, 2016
Loved working with different types of fashion and trends, helping people having a positive attitude always, making sure everything is neat and clean as well helping people pick clothes
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
fun workplace and you get a discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 20, 2016
Manager will be your best friend, but be careful the might abuse you in the sense of over working you as a student and not caring
Pros
discount, great manager
Cons
sometimes they don't follow the rules
Sales and Stylist.
Stylist and Retail (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 21, 2016
Customer Service,
greeting and assisting customers
Cashier,
general cleaning,
stock,
display

did a lot of inventory, and basic cleaning duties.
Opening and closing of the store.
Counting tills.
Bank runs
Fun environment
Head Cashier (Management)/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
Good environment, good music, good clothes! Everyone working there was nice and created a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good hours, approachable management
Cons
Sometimes a bit slow, could get a little boring
fun
Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 18, 2016
 1 year of experience as Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
000 (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 17, 2015
pretty good had good hours but had to stop working for a while to complete school, but over all fun work place decent amount politics but great company.
Productive workplace, not enough pay
manager in training (Former Employee) –  Burnaby,BCMay 4, 2015
Very long days at work, lots of labor and heavy lifting, paid minimum wage for a management position. Good manager, but district manager and regional manager was terrible. No respect for employees and no appreciation.
Cons
long hours, low pay
Lovely Ladies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbSeptember 8, 2015
My work days always start off wonderful and productive, and usually ended the same way. I've been doing the assistant manger job for as long as ive been in retail and I have learned over the years how to remain calm and deal with various situations in a polite and professional manner. I have a wonderful staff that respect me which is very important to me. The hardest part of my job sometimes is letting people go especially after we have built a great bond, but i have learned that it comes with the position and what is to be done must be done. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I have wonderful staff and majority of our customer are pleasant.
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2015
It was a good and Friendly environment. The employees were nice and gave me great assistance when in need of help. Taught me customer service tips and how to held problematic. Since it was my first job it taught me most of my customers service.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
outside all day
fun workplace
Cashier, count (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 24, 2015
a typical day at work for me was either doing the cash register, fitting rooms, or putting stock out. I learned the concept of retail, and I also learned the concept of a real job considering it was my first real job.
I found the job fairly easy. I enjoyed helping out customers and being in a clothing store.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
not enough hours
Great Company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2015
The company Is a really good, fast growing company however they expect their employees on the floor, meaning working in the stores to work to the bone. The management is good depending on their personality. The hardest part of the job was meeting every single long list need and regulation they place on you on a regular basis.The best part is getting close with your co workers and creating relationships with regular customers.
Pros
working in fashion
Cons
long hours on feet
Retail position where I enjoyed working part time, with flexible hours and a great team.
Sales Associate, Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough Town CentreMay 9, 2015
A typical day at work was greet customers as they enter the store and let them know we are available whenever they need our help. Keep the store clean and properly maintained and presentable at all times. I learned a lot of great Customer Service skills and problem solving skills. The management was great, they were very understanding when it came to a problem with a co-worker, customers and when I was unable to make my shift and always managed to help me find someone else to cover for me. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes we were unable to get the customer exactly what they wanted due to store policy etc. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was always working with amazing people. I always have a great time helping others when they need assistance and its a great feeling when they leave the store satisfied and with a smile on their faces.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours for everyone's availability