Sirens Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, energetic and friendly place to learn great customer services skills.
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), West Vancouver, B.CMarch 4, 2014
A typical day working at Sirens Clothing Store consisted upon, at time of arrival I was responsible for clocking in, speaking to my manager as to what she wanted and expected for the day which generally consisted upon keeping my section of the store tidy and clean, greeting and helping customers. Stocking and tagging clothes, at the closing time of the store I was responsible for cleaning, tidying and closing the store alongside co-workers. Occasional help with counting till and bank drop off.
I learned great customer services skills, co-operaring with other co-workers and problem solving skills.
The management team was great, they were nice, friendly and very helpful, they listened and worked with you and your needs.
My co-workers were great! Very friendly and helpful, made the work environment very fun and I enjoyed working with them very much.
The hardest part of the job was starting off, I had some customer skills developed prior to this opportunity, however it was much different with the environment of store customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be all my co-wrokers, we got along great and had a lot of fun working together.
Fast pace environment, great co workers, A great place to learn a variety of skills needed in the work place.
Shift leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
I was with the sirens team for over a year and during my time there I have gained so many skills and enhanced all my skills I had before entering this job and while also gaining skills to help me grow and learn for my future.
Sirens was always a fast paced store where there is always something to do and someone to help, I have learned to help customers have an amazing experience in the store from making them feel welcome and comfortable to helping best help their needs.
I have learned how to open and close the store handling deposits, the registers and money at the end of the night, tough customer situations, being a leader to my co-workers and also being able to listen and help others grow along with myself.
The staff and management at sirens were amazing and so organized and so strong willed and everyone has the same goal for the store and for work to be a place to be happy in, they helped make me a strong better employee, which I intend to bring my skills from this job to another and improve on them as well as learn even more skills with much enthusiasm.
Fun and competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), VaugahanMay 12, 2015
Pros: Fashion knowledege
Cons: No benefits
• Display great leadership skills with a positive and confident attitude, encouraging staff members to excel and successfully complete daily goals and budgets.
• Act as the “Manger on Duty” for assigned shifts including opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks assigned to the sales staff.
• Handle customer’s issue in a prompt and professional manner.
• Contribute to the overall display and presentation efforts within the store environment, including stocking/replenishing merchandise and inventory.
• Responsible for operating cash registers in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assisted in the training sales staff on company policies and procedures and in particular, selling techniques.
• Reported to the store Manager and worked closely with her to ensure sale goals and company standards are achieved and maintained.
• Trained and supervised a team of highly motivated staff of 12 members, who achieved sale targets within their first three months.
• Evaluate and hire new staff.
Retail position where I enjoyed working part time, with flexible hours and a great team.
Sales Associate, Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough Town CentreMay 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Not enough hours for everyone's availability
A typical day at work was greet customers as they enter the store and let them know we are available whenever they need our help. Keep the store clean and properly maintained and presentable at all times. I learned a lot of great Customer Service skills and problem solving skills. The management was great, they were very understanding when it came to a problem with a co-worker, customers and when I was unable to make my shift and always managed to help me find someone else to cover for me. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes we were unable to get the customer exactly what they wanted due to store policy etc. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was always working with amazing people. I always have a great time helping others when they need assistance and its a great feeling when they leave the store satisfied and with a smile on their faces.
Best Job Ever!
Co-op Student (Current Employee), Brampton,ONMarch 1, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, employee discounts.
Cons: the little tacks that go in to the safety clips are literally everywhere in the back room, and i almost died on my first day when i accidentally stepped on one. :(
This is my first ever real job, and it's amazing. I love work. Everyone is so nice, we're all like one big happy family. I only started last week, yet everyone's made me feel at home. Although sometimes the work can seem boring and tedious (not to mention never-ending), it's all very simple and easy stuff. The managers are both wonderful, and they all go by their first name's. Customers I won't mention, because honestly, those are rude everywhere. The only thing that could possible make my job at sirens better, is if I were getting paid. Other than that, it's perfect.

Oh and we get special employee discount days (along with the everyday employee discounts), where everything in the store is upto 40% off. They usually last a week. I just shopped like crazy, and bought so much stuff, and everything was 40% off! :D I'm so excited to go back to work.
Social and Busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: great discounts on clothes!
Cons: not enough hours at the moment
A typical day at work will include mostly cleaning and customer assistance. The best part of my job is working with customers to find them that perfect article to go with thier outfit. The worst part is dealing with customers who present any negative additude or body language. Also, our store being very large presents a higher risk of theft, therefore strong loss prevention practices are a must! My co-workers are very supportive and friendly, it is a very warm energy enviornment but also very fast pase. We have a specific system we use while at work and it flows like water. What I've learned from this experience is I am perfect for retail and customer service positions, but more importantly, no matter what job I am at, the people that I work with is vital. I am most productive in a positive work team or on my own.
working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: you get fexable hours to meet everyone needs and time of avaiability
Cons: not enough hours available within certain months
A day at work starts everyday like always on time, friendly, lively and great team players and staff. Management is excellent satisfying every customers needs and staff. I learn to multi-task faster and fluently in a fast pace environment work better along side my co workers and managers, co-workers are always a very helpful surrounding with each other and our customers at all times. Hardest part is always pleasing your customer's with the out-most best and placing them first even when they are in the wrong and the most enjoyable part is learning new things about myself, our company policies, benefits, staff and what skills that out shine others and what i can really bring forth into a company or organization.
Good environment for young retailers to gain experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
A typical day at Sirens would be providing excellent customer service as well as ensuring the overall cleanliness of the store. From working at Sirens I learned how to properly greet and serve clients, providing excellent customer service and up-selling in order to achieve higher numbers and increase revenue. Management was not the most organized but I was able to focus on myself within my employment as a cashier/sales associate. Most co-workers got a long and worked together to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was working under unorganized management and no knowing who to speak to for what. I enjoyed working at Sirens because it gave me experience that I was able to take with me to another company that had room for advancement.
fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: i do what i love
Cons: management is changed so its a bit chaotic at the moment.
Typical Day at work Morning Shift
Open Registers
Email District Manager throughout the day
Write reports
Set up schedule and to do list
manage breaks
verify paper work

Typical day at work Evening Shift
Close registers
close store
ensure sales associates maintain store
ensure store is cleaned upon closing
email DM regularly
Write reports
review schedule and to do list
manage breaks
supervise sale associates
help visual team
restock inventory
markdowns
complete paper work
Make sure all task are completed that are left back from following day
bad managment
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 4, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: bad managment
I enjoyed working here, working with fashion, and other people who shared the same style taste as me. the job was definetely challanging sometimes. making sure every customer is greeted, and leaves purchasing something isnt easy, but it could be fun if we had compitions within our team on the floor. i enjoyed the discounts, and seeing what was going to be in fashion next. My manager wasnt very nice though. she wasnt my hiring manager. she was transfered to our store from another location. We just didnt mesh well, espcailly after she started to transfer all the old staff to different malls. over all it was a good job.
fun working with customers, assisting or helping them
Sales Associate/ retail (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: discount for crew members
Cons: less hours
sirens is a Great retail environment,a typical day at work is busy, always looking forward to assist customer, answering incoming calls and directed to appropriate personnel in a professionally, assisting customers with choosing clothes and accessories, organized, stocked and folded clothes..cleaned and maintained an attractive display of clothing. co-workers are good and listen to each other to work as a team, i did learned a lot from ways to communicate with people or clients, how to solve a situation and angry customers, meet some of the coolest people
Lovely Ladies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, AbSeptember 8, 2015
My work days always start off wonderful and productive, and usually ended the same way. I've been doing the assistant manger job for as long as ive been in retail and I have learned over the years how to remain calm and deal with various situations in a polite and professional manner. I have a wonderful staff that respect me which is very important to me. The hardest part of my job sometimes is letting people go especially after we have built a great bond, but i have learned that it comes with the position and what is to be done must be done. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I have wonderful staff and majority of our customer are pleasant.
Good first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, Ontario (5 points mall)May 24, 2013
I was hired after a 1 month co-op during high school, this was my first job and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Although there were some problems such as staff being treated poorly when upper management when come in, and constant disorganization with the schedule (you would not be called or informed if your hours were changed until last minute) the good outweighed the bad. I worked with a very nice group of girls who were for the most part very hard-working and kind, and customers were generally very easy going and nice to deal with. A few months after I left this particular location closed down, I’m not to sure why. All in all it was a good experience.
productive and posive place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
Pros: nice people.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical work day at work consisted of obtaining a clean enviroment while interacting with costumers/ using till. At the end of the day i had to clean anything that had not been clean during the day and wash/sweep floors followed by counting bank deposits. I learned how to use the till and learned better skills in communication. I got along well with my co- workers because i am a very easy to get along with and respectful. The hardest part of my job was finding something to do when everything i needed to do was done, and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and having good co-workers.
friendly fast paced working environment
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 10, 2013
A typical day at this employer is very fast paced as you are always occupied with one task or another. While being so busy, it is also quite an enjoyable environment. I learned many valuable skills revolving customer service/sales as well as workplace improvement. Management is very friendly while still enforcing proper workplace leadership and giving direction. Co-workers are very inviting and helpful when neccessary. The most difficult aspect of this job is having to work quickly. The most enjoyable is the satisfaction of being able to help customers and see them content with their visit.
SIRENS
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa OntJuly 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at Sirens very much. I worked with a lot of great people and it became a home away from home. My boss was extremely nice and my co-workers were extremely helpful when need be. The store is very popular to young teenage girls so often times the store would be packed but we all stuck together and got the job done to the best of our abilities. The only reason I left Sirens was because I needed to focus on graduating high school and fulfilling my dream of going to college to become a Child and Youth Worker which I am proud to say, Im going to Centennial College in September. However I do miss working at Sirens!!
Great environment if you love fasion
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: mad guest
I enjoyed going to work everyday it was fun to be around new people. I learned better problem sloving skills and how to keep the guest happy and coming back
the mangement was great always willing to teach me anything i wanted to learn
I had a great time with my co workers i loved taking over any shift they didnt want
the hardest part of the job was keeping the fitting rooms in clean and organizations shape the multitasking got challenging on a busy day like black friday or christmas.
the most enjoyable time was to unpack new stock
Fun environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCOctober 10, 2012
I've learned a lot from working with Sirens, since it was also my first job in retail. I've learned how to properly talk to customers, how to sell things, use loss and prevention tips and how to work the cash. It's fun because it's not complicated working there as long as you listen attentively. My co-workers were always fun to be around, which made work bearable. The manager who hired me was a sweetheart, but the one after was a little off, but I learned the most out of that person. If you have a manager that is willing to help you understand your tasks and the company, you'll have a good time.
Fun but needs new staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: 20% off clothing
Walk into work and keep your sections clean, assist customers as best you can and follow managers rules.
I didnt really learn much but the management is a young group and they do not know how to treat others. They tend to bring their personal life to work and take it out on the employers.
The co-workers there are great but also have very terrible attitude.
I didnt find anything too hard about the job at all, it was easy and you just need to keep track of customers, clothing and make sure your sections neat.
Having a break was the most enjoyable part of my job
enjoyable work atmosphere
Sale Associate (Former Employee), edmonton,ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: 1 hour long break
Cons: distance from home to work
I learned many things from this job , responsibility punctuality customer service and much more. I worked with amazing co workers as it was a very friendly atmosphere. My mangers were great people I got along with everyone very well. The hardest part of the job was arriving on time due to transportation and distance. The most enjoyable times were Sunday mornings because of the calming and quiet atmosphere and I was able to concentrate more on my duties. All in all this was by far my best job experience.