Sirens

Sirens Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
Pros: good employees
Cons: not enough hours and pay
Strictly approve a good retail service
short on hours and pay
don't include benefits and holiday pay
staying another hour on closing time or another 30 mins till closing time but without getting paid for the extra hours
TERRIBLE STAFF
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Helping customers
Cons: Co-Workers
Extremely appalling work environment from the respect given to customers to the respect given to employees. I enjoyed being a positive light.
It was good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dixie Outlet MallMarch 18, 2015
I learn a lot and enjoy helping customers.I love my co-workers.
I enjoy putting new clothes. The hardest job was lots of shipment and cleaning.
Great Company
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working in fashion
Cons: long hours on feet
The company Is a really good, fast growing company however they expect their employees on the floor, meaning working in the stores to work to the bone. The management is good depending on their personality. The hardest part of the job was meeting every single long list need and regulation they place on you on a regular basis.The best part is getting close with your co workers and creating relationships with regular customers.
My retail experience
Shift Leader (Former Employee), surrey bcFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: long hours
This job taught me how to give good customer service. I learn how to open my own business. I managed employees by training them with cash and how to help each customer with smile. Hardest part of the job is when customer was unhappy for the long line up and delay and how i managed is by apologizing and helped as fast as i could. Most enjoyable part of the job was when store was crowded and me running around doing 10 things at the same time with smile on my face.
I really enjoy working
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed retail work at Sirens, it was seasonal work and I would to pursue more work in retail, I enjoyed the people I worked with . The long hours I worked
Fast pace environment, great co workers, A great place to learn a variety of skills needed in the work place.
Shift leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
I was with the sirens team for over a year and during my time there I have gained so many skills and enhanced all my skills I had before entering this job and while also gaining skills to help me grow and learn for my future.
Sirens was always a fast paced store where there is always something to do and someone to help, I have learned to help customers have an amazing experience in the store from making them feel welcome and comfortable to helping best help their needs.
I have learned how to open and close the store handling deposits, the registers and money at the end of the night, tough customer situations, being a leader to my co-workers and also being able to listen and help others grow along with myself.
The staff and management at sirens were amazing and so organized and so strong willed and everyone has the same goal for the store and for work to be a place to be happy in, they helped make me a strong better employee, which I intend to bring my skills from this job to another and improve on them as well as learn even more skills with much enthusiasm.
fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: i do what i love
Cons: management is changed so its a bit chaotic at the moment.
Typical Day at work Morning Shift
Open Registers
Email District Manager throughout the day
Write reports
Set up schedule and to do list
manage breaks
verify paper work

Typical day at work Evening Shift
Close registers
close store
ensure sales associates maintain store
ensure store is cleaned upon closing
email DM regularly
Write reports
review schedule and to do list
manage breaks
supervise sale associates
help visual team
restock inventory
markdowns
complete paper work
Make sure all task are completed that are left back from following day
Good place to gain experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 16, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: rude costumers
Very stressful especially during the Christmas season but it was a good place to start.
Always something to be done in the store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: always someone to help you out
work started off always with stock if you started in the morning, new merchandise needed to put on floor right away.
I learned its always a team work environment
co-workers were great to work with
Hardest part of job was
finding room to put merchandise on floor
Meeting new people
fun environment with great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), torontoJuly 11, 2014
i improved on social skills and better ways to interact with customers. my job was to maintain a clean work area and costumer service. The hardest part was to maintain a clean area and also help costumers at once. The enjoyable part was the employees they were all happy to be there and so was i.
SIRENS
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa OntJuly 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at Sirens very much. I worked with a lot of great people and it became a home away from home. My boss was extremely nice and my co-workers were extremely helpful when need be. The store is very popular to young teenage girls so often times the store would be packed but we all stuck together and got the job done to the best of our abilities. The only reason I left Sirens was because I needed to focus on graduating high school and fulfilling my dream of going to college to become a Child and Youth Worker which I am proud to say, Im going to Centennial College in September. However I do miss working at Sirens!!
FUN
Sales Clerk (full-time) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2014
it was fun working at sirens got to learn a lot of new things like greeting customers helping them find what they needed
Fast pace enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 7, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Working for McDonalds I didn't feel as though I was an important employee. I worked cash, bagged food, and worked the drive through.
Fun but needs new staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: 20% off clothing
Walk into work and keep your sections clean, assist customers as best you can and follow managers rules.
I didnt really learn much but the management is a young group and they do not know how to treat others. They tend to bring their personal life to work and take it out on the employers.
The co-workers there are great but also have very terrible attitude.
I didnt find anything too hard about the job at all, it was easy and you just need to keep track of customers, clothing and make sure your sections neat.
Having a break was the most enjoyable part of my job
enjoyable work atmosphere
Sale Associate (Former Employee), edmonton,ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: 1 hour long break
Cons: distance from home to work
I learned many things from this job , responsibility punctuality customer service and much more. I worked with amazing co workers as it was a very friendly atmosphere. My mangers were great people I got along with everyone very well. The hardest part of the job was arriving on time due to transportation and distance. The most enjoyable times were Sunday mornings because of the calming and quiet atmosphere and I was able to concentrate more on my duties. All in all this was by far my best job experience.
bad managment
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 4, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: bad managment
I enjoyed working here, working with fashion, and other people who shared the same style taste as me. the job was definetely challanging sometimes. making sure every customer is greeted, and leaves purchasing something isnt easy, but it could be fun if we had compitions within our team on the floor. i enjoyed the discounts, and seeing what was going to be in fashion next. My manager wasnt very nice though. she wasnt my hiring manager. she was transfered to our store from another location. We just didnt mesh well, espcailly after she started to transfer all the old staff to different malls. over all it was a good job.
Exciting Fashion Forward Womens clothing Store
Store Manager (Former Employee), GTAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: got to meet and work with a variety of people that have helped me to grow
Cons: lots of imaturity that led to negativity from district manager and vp
-analyzed schedule to reduce hours were needed
-looking over sales reports, implementing new merchandising strategies to boost sales, including all new merchandise
- trained and coached all staff
- delegated tasks to team members
- had a positive and motivational environment
- investigated cash discrepancies, and loss prevention issues
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
Had a great time working at sirens, i grew a lot and learned a lot in my time being there
Fun, energetic and friendly place to learn great customer services skills.
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), West Vancouver, B.CMarch 4, 2014
A typical day working at Sirens Clothing Store consisted upon, at time of arrival I was responsible for clocking in, speaking to my manager as to what she wanted and expected for the day which generally consisted upon keeping my section of the store tidy and clean, greeting and helping customers. Stocking and tagging clothes, at the closing time of the store I was responsible for cleaning, tidying and closing the store alongside co-workers. Occasional help with counting till and bank drop off.
I learned great customer services skills, co-operaring with other co-workers and problem solving skills.
The management team was great, they were nice, friendly and very helpful, they listened and worked with you and your needs.
My co-workers were great! Very friendly and helpful, made the work environment very fun and I enjoyed working with them very much.
The hardest part of the job was starting off, I had some customer skills developed prior to this opportunity, however it was much different with the environment of store customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be all my co-wrokers, we got along great and had a lot of fun working together.

1 2 3