Sirens Employee Reviews in Canada

One of my worst jobs
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  niagara falls ONAugust 30, 2015
was not appreciated at all.
got pushed around on a daily basis.
got relocated against my will.
treated very unfairly.
was promoted to assistant manager, worked 46 hours a week, did not get paid for the over time i put in, didn't get the raise i was supposed to.
went back to original store and got demoted without notice.
company was late giving out t4s's
made us sign a paper saying we wouldn't report how late they were sent out to the labor board.
Pros
great people
Cons
minimal hours, teated poorly
very energetic!!! always busy!!!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 24, 2015
many opportunities to grow within the company. salary income not very high. great employee discount. upper management was great to deal with. they always kept an open mind when discussing store details.
Pros
always room to grow
Cons
pay not too high
Worst Place to Work
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2016
The Sirens at Orfus Road in Toronto is the worst place to work and should probably be reported. When inventory has to be restocked or if the store is really busy, staff work 7-8 hour shifts with no breaks. Not sure this is even legal. Staff are treated badly overall and its not a good working environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
Fun and competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VaugahanMay 12, 2015
• Display great leadership skills with a positive and confident attitude, encouraging staff members to excel and successfully complete daily goals and budgets.
• Act as the “Manger on Duty” for assigned shifts including opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks assigned to the sales staff.
• Handle customer’s issue in a prompt and professional manner.
• Contribute to the overall display and presentation efforts within the store environment, including stocking/replenishing merchandise and inventory.
• Responsible for operating cash registers in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assisted in the training sales staff on company policies and procedures and in particular, selling techniques.
• Reported to the store Manager and worked closely with her to ensure sale goals and company standards are achieved and maintained.
• Trained and supervised a team of highly motivated staff of 12 members, who achieved sale targets within their first three months.
• Evaluate and hire new staff.
Pros
Fashion knowledege
Cons
No benefits
Productive, well-organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2016
Typical day was good and not too busy that you wouldn't get too stressed out. Co-workers were amazing and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job, would be helping the customers. It teaches you great management skills and customer service skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
long hours, depending on your schedule
Fun workplace
Sales Associate - (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 10, 2016
Pack clothes in the back, clean change rooms, Put clothes back where they belonged, sweep, mop, wipe down countertops and changeroom windows and mirrors
Pros
I got the chance to use walkie talkies
Cons
Long hours, feet was swollen at the end of my shift
great environment , fun workplace
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 27, 2016
Loved working with different types of fashion and trends, helping people having a positive attitude always, making sure everything is neat and clean as well helping people pick clothes
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Productive day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work,

A typical day at work would be making sure the store is neat and helping assist customers into fitting rooms as well as cashing them out as soon as they are finished finding what they want.
Pros
Being able to assist new people
Enthusiastic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sirens , I learned alot because it was my first retail job. I had really friendly co-workers. The hardest part was travelling really far to get too work. I mostly enjoyed the customers and the location.
fun workplace and you get a discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 20, 2016
Manager will be your best friend, but be careful the might abuse you in the sense of over working you as a student and not caring
Pros
discount, great manager
Cons
sometimes they don't follow the rules
Productive and fun to communicate with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work is folding clothes and greeting customers, I learned that everything must be in its place before you leave, the colours matching and sizes in order. the best part of the job was when friend come to see me and I help them pick out an outfit.
Sales and Stylist.
Stylist and Retail (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 21, 2016
Customer Service,
greeting and assisting customers
Cashier,
general cleaning,
stock,
display

did a lot of inventory, and basic cleaning duties.
Opening and closing of the store.
Counting tills.
Bank runs
working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2014
A day at work starts everyday like always on time, friendly, lively and great team players and staff. Management is excellent satisfying every customers needs and staff. I learn to multi-task faster and fluently in a fast pace environment work better along side my co workers and managers, co-workers are always a very helpful surrounding with each other and our customers at all times. Hardest part is always pleasing your customer's with the out-most best and placing them first even when they are in the wrong and the most enjoyable part is learning new things about myself, our company policies, benefits, staff and what skills that out shine others and what i can really bring forth into a company or organization.
Pros
you get fexable hours to meet everyone needs and time of avaiability
Cons
not enough hours available within certain months
Fun environment
Head Cashier (Management)/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
Good environment, good music, good clothes! Everyone working there was nice and created a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good hours, approachable management
Cons
Sometimes a bit slow, could get a little boring
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Overall fun work place with a great management team. great place to grow and develop in the retail industry. As well as a diverse environment where you get to deal with a verity of customers on daily basis.
Pros
great staff
Cons
work/life balance
fun
Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 18, 2016
 1 year of experience as Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
Fun and productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
Strictly approve a good retail service
short on hours and pay
don't include benefits and holiday pay
staying another hour on closing time or another 30 mins till closing time but without getting paid for the extra hours
Pros
good employees
Cons
not enough hours and pay
Good environment for young retailers to gain experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
A typical day at Sirens would be providing excellent customer service as well as ensuring the overall cleanliness of the store. From working at Sirens I learned how to properly greet and serve clients, providing excellent customer service and up-selling in order to achieve higher numbers and increase revenue. Management was not the most organized but I was able to focus on myself within my employment as a cashier/sales associate. Most co-workers got a long and worked together to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was working under unorganized management and no knowing who to speak to for what. I enjoyed working at Sirens because it gave me experience that I was able to take with me to another company that had room for advancement.
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2015
It was a good and Friendly environment. The employees were nice and gave me great assistance when in need of help. Taught me customer service tips and how to held problematic. Since it was my first job it taught me most of my customers service.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
outside all day
Lovely Ladies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbSeptember 8, 2015
My work days always start off wonderful and productive, and usually ended the same way. I've been doing the assistant manger job for as long as ive been in retail and I have learned over the years how to remain calm and deal with various situations in a polite and professional manner. I have a wonderful staff that respect me which is very important to me. The hardest part of my job sometimes is letting people go especially after we have built a great bond, but i have learned that it comes with the position and what is to be done must be done. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I have wonderful staff and majority of our customer are pleasant.

2.9