Sirens Employee Reviews

coop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2018
this was a coop position and I would stock new inventory and help customers with their fashion needs. I enjoyed this job because I also love to shop at sirens and it was also great working with different people and their needs.
Quality products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 February 2018
Great team working job. Great coworkers. Fast paced environment with a good atmosphere. Great way to learn working in a busy fast paced store. Had a lot of fun.
Not a place for full time hours.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2018
Sirens was a decent first time retail job. However, the hours provided were not for people who are looking for full time hours with benefits. It was more of a part time employment. Management, however, was petty and definitely took advantage of their younger employees.
Cons
Short shifts, no benefits.
Good Job Because of Good People
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 December 2017
I really enjoyed my time here because I worked with a fantastic team. This job is good for someone who is young, in the target demographic of the customer base. It's not very glamours and upper management doesn't exactly treat you right but if you are in your early 20's already going out to clubs and bars it is a really fun job to have as the atmosphere and people align with that. It is also a really great job for someone who is starting a career in retail management, the skills and lessons I learned at this job were probably the most formative on my retail career and even in my personal life and other career paths I have taken.
Productive and great sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2017
During shifts, I would be interfacing with customers to advertise the clothes that we were promoting. I would ask the customer what it is that they are looking to have a sense or an idea of their preference. From this, I would also promote any sales that would be going on at that time. This would show the customer that I am interested in their needs and acquire to their other needs while making a sale.
Pros
Discounts on purchases and excellent sales experience
Cons
Long Hours, small or few breaks
great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
Working at a retail store is always fun. I learned how to deal with customers better. being able to provide ideas and help people with my own opinions. team work was the number one thing that i have learned i=from sirens which taught me what team building really is.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
little hours
Part time job during highschool
Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
I was always asked to work on dressing rooms and was never given an opportunity to advance to cashier and learning new aspects of the company. I was let go to be replaced with a person of colour. Management lacked in communication and training skills.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is the fast paced environment and constant interaction with customers. A typical day at work starts off smooth. Some days the store gets really busy, and that is the best part!
Was ok
Cashier /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2017
One of the most hard working retail jobs with no reward or recognition. I loved. My coworkers the environment the. Customers the regulars . The mess and cleaning and taging and filling and again cleaning was too much. Doing management jobs with out getting paid for it I did not like the management team does not treat the part times well esp upper management that came to visit.
Fun workplace with fun colleagues
Sales (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2017
Working at Sirens was very fun, but very tiring. We were on our feet for ver long shifts (ex: 12-10) without being able to sit down. The team was very dynamic and fun to be with, but the management was very hard on us and had little understanding. We were also underpaid for all the work we did and for how we were treated by costumers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
long shifts, not payed enough
not enough hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
not enough hours so the job sent secured
but also loved working with people and working in retail
job pays low and hours arent guaranteed love the fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC18 August 2017
It was a good experience but the managing was not so great. I enjoyed helping customers with their clothing. Overall it was a good experience. Doubt I would work there again.
bonne environemment de travail
Associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC3 August 2017
cette emplois ma permis de d'améliorer plusieurs de mes capacité
great working environment
Cashier/key holder (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 July 2017
Sirens is an amazing store, everyone is very friendly and understanding. Great working environment, Very family orientated. They train you into having great customer service.
it was a good job, stable.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. Laurent, ON23 July 2017
People were welcoming, easy to catch on and great working environment. Tasks were easy to manage and the customers varied in age and clothing choices , so i learned a lot in regard to dealing with people.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
Helping customers find fashionable clothing was the most exciting part of the job, otherwise, management was disorganized which was very disappointing.
Pros
Social Environment
Cons
Disorganized
folding
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 July 2017
Some of the staff was cool, got to talk to different people everyday, got to develop customer service skills. A great learning experience. You'll have the opportunity to learn every aspect of every position, from merchandising to scheduling depending on your ability.
Productive and fast paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
Great environment. Great team always ready to train for new positions. Great one on one management skill training on independent job positions staff is very diverse
Great people great environment
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
Sirens is a great place to work everyone there is super friendly and will help you as best as they can to find the things you need. The management is outstanding and is always on top of everything that needs to be done in the store before closing.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours
it was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
i love working with the company they a re great and really helped my learn to work on my customer service work. it was a call centre but the employees where great.