Sirens Employee Reviews

Productive, well-organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
Typical day was good and not too busy that you wouldn't get too stressed out. Co-workers were amazing and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job, would be helping the customers. It teaches you great management skills and customer service skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
long hours, depending on your schedule
Worst Place to Work
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
The Sirens at Orfus Road in Toronto is the worst place to work and should probably be reported. When inventory has to be restocked or if the store is really busy, staff work 7-8 hour shifts with no breaks. Not sure this is even legal. Staff are treated badly overall and its not a good working environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Sales Associate - (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 June 2016
Pack clothes in the back, clean change rooms, Put clothes back where they belonged, sweep, mop, wipe down countertops and changeroom windows and mirrors
Pros
I got the chance to use walkie talkies
Cons
Long hours, feet was swollen at the end of my shift
Productive day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 May 2016
A typical day at work,

A typical day at work would be making sure the store is neat and helping assist customers into fitting rooms as well as cashing them out as soon as they are finished finding what they want.
Pros
Being able to assist new people
Fun environment
Head Cashier (Management)/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
Good environment, good music, good clothes! Everyone working there was nice and created a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good hours, approachable management
Cons
Sometimes a bit slow, could get a little boring
7.00
Sales Woman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
it was to far to travel back and forth, the manager that worked there too,left and I liked her and the way she ran the store and new one came in and ruined the store so I quiet, wasn't worth going back nd forth of the distance
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
none really
Enthusiastic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 June 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sirens , I learned alot because it was my first retail job. I had really friendly co-workers. The hardest part was travelling really far to get too work. I mostly enjoyed the customers and the location.
great environment , fun workplace
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2016
Loved working with different types of fashion and trends, helping people having a positive attitude always, making sure everything is neat and clean as well helping people pick clothes
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
One of my worst jobs
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  niagara falls ON30 August 2015
was not appreciated at all.
got pushed around on a daily basis.
got relocated against my will.
treated very unfairly.
was promoted to assistant manager, worked 46 hours a week, did not get paid for the over time i put in, didn't get the raise i was supposed to.
went back to original store and got demoted without notice.
company was late giving out t4s's
made us sign a paper saying we wouldn't report how late they were sent out to the labor board.
Pros
great people
Cons
minimal hours, teated poorly
Good environment for young retailers to gain experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2015
A typical day at Sirens would be providing excellent customer service as well as ensuring the overall cleanliness of the store. From working at Sirens I learned how to properly greet and serve clients, providing excellent customer service and up-selling in order to achieve higher numbers and increase revenue. Management was not the most organized but I was able to focus on myself within my employment as a cashier/sales associate. Most co-workers got a long and worked together to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was working under unorganized management and no knowing who to speak to for what. I enjoyed working at Sirens because it gave me experience that I was able to take with me to another company that had room for advancement.
fun workplace and you get a discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 May 2016
Manager will be your best friend, but be careful the might abuse you in the sense of over working you as a student and not caring
Pros
discount, great manager
Cons
sometimes they don't follow the rules
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Overall fun work place with a great management team. great place to grow and develop in the retail industry. As well as a diverse environment where you get to deal with a verity of customers on daily basis.
Pros
great staff
Cons
work/life balance
very energetic!!! always busy!!!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 September 2015
many opportunities to grow within the company. salary income not very high. great employee discount. upper management was great to deal with. they always kept an open mind when discussing store details.
Pros
always room to grow
Cons
pay not too high
Productive and fun to communicate with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
A typical day at work is folding clothes and greeting customers, I learned that everything must be in its place before you leave, the colours matching and sizes in order. the best part of the job was when friend come to see me and I help them pick out an outfit.
working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2014
A day at work starts everyday like always on time, friendly, lively and great team players and staff. Management is excellent satisfying every customers needs and staff. I learn to multi-task faster and fluently in a fast pace environment work better along side my co workers and managers, co-workers are always a very helpful surrounding with each other and our customers at all times. Hardest part is always pleasing your customer's with the out-most best and placing them first even when they are in the wrong and the most enjoyable part is learning new things about myself, our company policies, benefits, staff and what skills that out shine others and what i can really bring forth into a company or organization.
Pros
you get fexable hours to meet everyone needs and time of avaiability
Cons
not enough hours available within certain months
Sales and Stylist.
Stylist and Retail (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 April 2016
Customer Service,
greeting and assisting customers
Cashier,
general cleaning,
stock,
display

did a lot of inventory, and basic cleaning duties.
Opening and closing of the store.
Counting tills.
Bank runs
Great Company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 March 2015
The company Is a really good, fast growing company however they expect their employees on the floor, meaning working in the stores to work to the bone. The management is good depending on their personality. The hardest part of the job was meeting every single long list need and regulation they place on you on a regular basis.The best part is getting close with your co workers and creating relationships with regular customers.
Pros
Working in fashion
Cons
long hours on feet
fun
Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 February 2016
 1 year of experience as Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
Productive workplace, not enough pay
manager in training (Former Employee) –  Burnaby,BC4 May 2015
Very long days at work, lots of labor and heavy lifting, paid minimum wage for a management position. Good manager, but district manager and regional manager was terrible. No respect for employees and no appreciation.
Cons
long hours, low pay
000 (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2015
pretty good had good hours but had to stop working for a while to complete school, but over all fun work place decent amount politics but great company.

2.9