Sirens

Sirens Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good environment for young retailers to gain experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
A typical day at Sirens would be providing excellent customer service as well as ensuring the overall cleanliness of the store. From working at Sirens I learned how to properly greet and serve clients, providing excellent customer service and up-selling in order to achieve higher numbers and increase revenue. Management was not the most organized but I was able to focus on myself within my employment as a cashier/sales associate. Most co-workers got a long and worked together to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was working under unorganized management and no knowing who to speak to for what. I enjoyed working at Sirens because it gave me experience that I was able to take with me to another company that had room for advancement.
Fun and competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), VaugahanMay 12, 2015
Pros: Fashion knowledege
Cons: No benefits
• Display great leadership skills with a positive and confident attitude, encouraging staff members to excel and successfully complete daily goals and budgets.
• Act as the “Manger on Duty” for assigned shifts including opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks assigned to the sales staff.
• Handle customer’s issue in a prompt and professional manner.
• Contribute to the overall display and presentation efforts within the store environment, including stocking/replenishing merchandise and inventory.
• Responsible for operating cash registers in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assisted in the training sales staff on company policies and procedures and in particular, selling techniques.
• Reported to the store Manager and worked closely with her to ensure sale goals and company standards are achieved and maintained.
• Trained and supervised a team of highly motivated staff of 12 members, who achieved sale targets within their first three months.
• Evaluate and hire new staff.
Retail position where I enjoyed working part time, with flexible hours and a great team.
Sales Associate, Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough Town CentreMay 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Not enough hours for everyone's availability
A typical day at work was greet customers as they enter the store and let them know we are available whenever they need our help. Keep the store clean and properly maintained and presentable at all times. I learned a lot of great Customer Service skills and problem solving skills. The management was great, they were very understanding when it came to a problem with a co-worker, customers and when I was unable to make my shift and always managed to help me find someone else to cover for me. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes we were unable to get the customer exactly what they wanted due to store policy etc. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was always working with amazing people. I always have a great time helping others when they need assistance and its a great feeling when they leave the store satisfied and with a smile on their faces.
Productive workplace, not enough pay
manager in training (Former Employee), Burnaby,BCMay 4, 2015
Cons: long hours, low pay
Very long days at work, lots of labor and heavy lifting, paid minimum wage for a management position. Good manager, but district manager and regional manager was terrible. No respect for employees and no appreciation.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 100 city center drive Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: see new arrivals
Cons: tagging all the clothes
I've learned a lot of things from sirens they taught me proper costumer service skills and how to deal with certain situations in a mature matter. The management wasn't that great because they didn't know how to deal with people properly but my co-workers were the best we worked well as a team all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the after part of cleaning up and just getting to know everybody.
Fun and productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
Pros: good employees
Cons: not enough hours and pay
Strictly approve a good retail service
short on hours and pay
don't include benefits and holiday pay
staying another hour on closing time or another 30 mins till closing time but without getting paid for the extra hours
TERRIBLE STAFF
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Helping customers
Cons: Co-Workers
Extremely appalling work environment from the respect given to customers to the respect given to employees. I enjoyed being a positive light.
It was good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dixie Outlet MallMarch 18, 2015
I learn a lot and enjoy helping customers.I love my co-workers.
I enjoy putting new clothes. The hardest job was lots of shipment and cleaning.
Great Company
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working in fashion
Cons: long hours on feet
The company Is a really good, fast growing company however they expect their employees on the floor, meaning working in the stores to work to the bone. The management is good depending on their personality. The hardest part of the job was meeting every single long list need and regulation they place on you on a regular basis.The best part is getting close with your co workers and creating relationships with regular customers.
My retail experience
Shift Leader (Former Employee), surrey bcFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: long hours
This job taught me how to give good customer service. I learn how to open my own business. I managed employees by training them with cash and how to help each customer with smile. Hardest part of the job is when customer was unhappy for the long line up and delay and how i managed is by apologizing and helped as fast as i could. Most enjoyable part of the job was when store was crowded and me running around doing 10 things at the same time with smile on my face.
I really enjoy working
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed retail work at Sirens, it was seasonal work and I would to pursue more work in retail, I enjoyed the people I worked with . The long hours I worked
Fast pace environment, great co workers, A great place to learn a variety of skills needed in the work place.
Shift leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
I was with the sirens team for over a year and during my time there I have gained so many skills and enhanced all my skills I had before entering this job and while also gaining skills to help me grow and learn for my future.
Sirens was always a fast paced store where there is always something to do and someone to help, I have learned to help customers have an amazing experience in the store from making them feel welcome and comfortable to helping best help their needs.
I have learned how to open and close the store handling deposits, the registers and money at the end of the night, tough customer situations, being a leader to my co-workers and also being able to listen and help others grow along with myself.
The staff and management at sirens were amazing and so organized and so strong willed and everyone has the same goal for the store and for work to be a place to be happy in, they helped make me a strong better employee, which I intend to bring my skills from this job to another and improve on them as well as learn even more skills with much enthusiasm.
fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: i do what i love
Cons: management is changed so its a bit chaotic at the moment.
Typical Day at work Morning Shift
Open Registers
Email District Manager throughout the day
Write reports
Set up schedule and to do list
manage breaks
verify paper work

Typical day at work Evening Shift
Close registers
close store
ensure sales associates maintain store
ensure store is cleaned upon closing
email DM regularly
Write reports
review schedule and to do list
manage breaks
supervise sale associates
help visual team
restock inventory
markdowns
complete paper work
Make sure all task are completed that are left back from following day
Good place to gain experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 16, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: rude costumers
Very stressful especially during the Christmas season but it was a good place to start.
Always something to be done in the store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: always someone to help you out
work started off always with stock if you started in the morning, new merchandise needed to put on floor right away.
I learned its always a team work environment
co-workers were great to work with
Hardest part of job was
finding room to put merchandise on floor
Meeting new people
fun environment with great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), torontoJuly 11, 2014
i improved on social skills and better ways to interact with customers. my job was to maintain a clean work area and costumer service. The hardest part was to maintain a clean area and also help costumers at once. The enjoyable part was the employees they were all happy to be there and so was i.
SIRENS
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa OntJuly 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at Sirens very much. I worked with a lot of great people and it became a home away from home. My boss was extremely nice and my co-workers were extremely helpful when need be. The store is very popular to young teenage girls so often times the store would be packed but we all stuck together and got the job done to the best of our abilities. The only reason I left Sirens was because I needed to focus on graduating high school and fulfilling my dream of going to college to become a Child and Youth Worker which I am proud to say, Im going to Centennial College in September. However I do miss working at Sirens!!
FUN
Sales Clerk (full-time) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2014
it was fun working at sirens got to learn a lot of new things like greeting customers helping them find what they needed
Fast pace enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 7, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Working for McDonalds I didn't feel as though I was an important employee. I worked cash, bagged food, and worked the drive through.
Fun but needs new staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: 20% off clothing
Walk into work and keep your sections clean, assist customers as best you can and follow managers rules.
I didnt really learn much but the management is a young group and they do not know how to treat others. They tend to bring their personal life to work and take it out on the employers.
The co-workers there are great but also have very terrible attitude.
I didnt find anything too hard about the job at all, it was easy and you just need to keep track of customers, clothing and make sure your sections neat.
Having a break was the most enjoyable part of my job

1 2 3