Sirens Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Sales associate, cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
fun and interacting workplace
learned the fundamentals of a retail department throughout the 4 years of working for the company

dealt with a lot of changes through the year that i was able to adjust quickly and effectively
Pros
working with a great team
Cons
10 minute breaks for 4 hour shifts
Got to learn new things
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
With this job I got to grow with the company very fast which I was very great full of.
I learnt many things with this company that could help benefit in other future careers.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 March 2017
fun workplace, nice coworkers, management could be more organized, workplace culture was accepting and friendly. hardest part of the job is cleaning up after people in store and change rooms
Cons
don't get 10 minute breaks
Uplifting, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 March 2017
This job was great! However they began hiring girls under 20 years old. In my opinion, that's when everyone started looking for other jobs because management was like a circus!
Pros
All the clothing
Cons
Working at sirens was very eye opening
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
As my first job I learn a lot o bout the way sirens worked how to sell and provide the best help for our costumers. Is was challenging but fun at the same time . Siren employees are like a family we work to together and we help each other out .
Pros
You get a 20% off the clothes from the store and there sister company's
Cons
There are no other benefits
Giving new jobs a try
Cashier / Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 March 2017
This job was during the school years and helped me learn great customer service skills. This job helped me see all different types of individuals and encouraged me to gain confidence. It showed me how to gain leadership skills and how I as a person would like to be treated.
Love it
excellent friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
i loved the co workers and the manger. very accepting, i left cos school i was young during the time. the company is very popular clothing in the GTA very good retail store
fun work environment
Key Holder /Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2017
Very fun, exciting work environment. There was rarely nothing to do, all the employees were super fun and outgoing and welcoming. The training for the position was great and there was room for advancement quickly.
Pros
flexibility in schedules
Cons
down time was slow
wouldnt reccomend
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2017
I worked for Sirens for 3 years. It is easy to move up within the company but with no real big salary change. You are over worked and with no recognition, no matter what you do there is always better that can be done.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay/work life balance
Pretty horrible job as the management is not that great
cashier and a sales associate for costumer support (Former Employee) –  scarborough town centre29 January 2017
Management fails to care for employees. Hours given to employees are inconsistent and interrupt your work/life balance as you get called in randomly if employees call in sick. Job security is very low and promotions are rarely given.
Team work was key
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 December 2016
Best manager I had. Took time to actually care about her employees. Minimum wage. People really knew how to work as a team. Did allow employees to progress by teaching and leading by example.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who did not care for the no refunds policy.

Head office does overwork employees and there is not much recognition on how hard employees work at a store level.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team you worked with.
Great Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 December 2016
Great store with customer service skills. The store is alway kept neat and tidy and you know where easily find everything you are looking for.
Worst Place to Work
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
The Sirens at Orfus Road in Toronto is the worst place to work and should probably be reported. When inventory has to be restocked or if the store is really busy, staff work 7-8 hour shifts with no breaks. Not sure this is even legal. Staff are treated badly overall and its not a good working environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
7.00
Sales Woman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
it was to far to travel back and forth, the manager that worked there too,left and I liked her and the way she ran the store and new one came in and ruined the store so I quiet, wasn't worth going back nd forth of the distance
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
none really
great environment , fun workplace
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2016
Loved working with different types of fashion and trends, helping people having a positive attitude always, making sure everything is neat and clean as well helping people pick clothes
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Enthusiastic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 June 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sirens , I learned alot because it was my first retail job. I had really friendly co-workers. The hardest part was travelling really far to get too work. I mostly enjoyed the customers and the location.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate - (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 June 2016
Pack clothes in the back, clean change rooms, Put clothes back where they belonged, sweep, mop, wipe down countertops and changeroom windows and mirrors
Pros
I got the chance to use walkie talkies
Cons
Long hours, feet was swollen at the end of my shift
Productive, well-organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
Typical day was good and not too busy that you wouldn't get too stressed out. Co-workers were amazing and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job, would be helping the customers. It teaches you great management skills and customer service skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
long hours, depending on your schedule
Productive day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 May 2016
A typical day at work,

A typical day at work would be making sure the store is neat and helping assist customers into fitting rooms as well as cashing them out as soon as they are finished finding what they want.
Pros
Being able to assist new people
Cons
fun workplace and you get a discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 May 2016
Manager will be your best friend, but be careful the might abuse you in the sense of over working you as a student and not caring
Pros
discount, great manager
Cons
sometimes they don't follow the rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sirens. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8