Sirens Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun environment
Head Cashier (Management)/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
Good environment, good music, good clothes! Everyone working there was nice and created a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good hours, approachable management
Cons
Sometimes a bit slow, could get a little boring
Productive and fun to communicate with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work is folding clothes and greeting customers, I learned that everything must be in its place before you leave, the colours matching and sizes in order. the best part of the job was when friend come to see me and I help them pick out an outfit.
fun
Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 18, 2016
 1 year of experience as Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2015
It was a good and Friendly environment. The employees were nice and gave me great assistance when in need of help. Taught me customer service tips and how to held problematic. Since it was my first job it taught me most of my customers service.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
outside all day
Bland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
This was my first job, and I was a regular sales associate. It was a good beginning job and had friendly managers but I didn't particular enjoy working with my co-workers.
Pros
Easy job
fun workplace
Cashier, count (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 24, 2015
a typical day at work for me was either doing the cash register, fitting rooms, or putting stock out. I learned the concept of retail, and I also learned the concept of a real job considering it was my first real job.
I found the job fairly easy. I enjoyed helping out customers and being in a clothing store.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
not enough hours
000 (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 17, 2015
pretty good had good hours but had to stop working for a while to complete school, but over all fun work place decent amount politics but great company.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Overall fun work place with a great management team. great place to grow and develop in the retail industry. As well as a diverse environment where you get to deal with a verity of customers on daily basis.
Pros
great staff
Cons
work/life balance
a typical day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  1700 Wilson AveOctober 18, 2015
Shift are usually short. Not much to do because slow paced store. A lot of store cleaning and maintenance. Busy weekends.. Weekdays are like prep for weekend, you do stock.
very energetic!!! always busy!!!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 24, 2015
many opportunities to grow within the company. salary income not very high. great employee discount. upper management was great to deal with. they always kept an open mind when discussing store details.
Pros
always room to grow
Cons
pay not too high
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2015
had a good time working here but it was time for me to go. co-workers were really fun to work with. at this job i learned customer service. the hardest part of this job was at night when we were about to close store is to big and there was only a few people closing and we all had to clean the big store i prefer a small store i can concentrate better.
Lovely Ladies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbSeptember 8, 2015
My work days always start off wonderful and productive, and usually ended the same way. I've been doing the assistant manger job for as long as ive been in retail and I have learned over the years how to remain calm and deal with various situations in a polite and professional manner. I have a wonderful staff that respect me which is very important to me. The hardest part of my job sometimes is letting people go especially after we have built a great bond, but i have learned that it comes with the position and what is to be done must be done. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I have wonderful staff and majority of our customer are pleasant.
One of my worst jobs
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  niagara falls ONAugust 30, 2015
was not appreciated at all.
got pushed around on a daily basis.
got relocated against my will.
treated very unfairly.
was promoted to assistant manager, worked 46 hours a week, did not get paid for the over time i put in, didn't get the raise i was supposed to.
went back to original store and got demoted without notice.
company was late giving out t4s's
made us sign a paper saying we wouldn't report how late they were sent out to the labor board.
Pros
great people
Cons
minimal hours, teated poorly
NO HOURS
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJuly 13, 2015
None of the part time employees at sirens had a decent amount of hours. Hired me for a further location since they could offer me 10+ hours a week, more than the location I applied for. Every shift I would either get sent home early or get a call an hour before hand telling me I didn't have to go in as they were "not busy." They let me go after I had worked a total of 6 hours due to "budget cuts" and didn't have the hours to keep me there. The location closed down about 2 weeks later.
Pros
your feet dont get sore
Cons
NO MONEY
Good environment for young retailers to gain experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
A typical day at Sirens would be providing excellent customer service as well as ensuring the overall cleanliness of the store. From working at Sirens I learned how to properly greet and serve clients, providing excellent customer service and up-selling in order to achieve higher numbers and increase revenue. Management was not the most organized but I was able to focus on myself within my employment as a cashier/sales associate. Most co-workers got a long and worked together to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was working under unorganized management and no knowing who to speak to for what. I enjoyed working at Sirens because it gave me experience that I was able to take with me to another company that had room for advancement.
Fun and competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VaugahanMay 12, 2015
• Display great leadership skills with a positive and confident attitude, encouraging staff members to excel and successfully complete daily goals and budgets.
• Act as the “Manger on Duty” for assigned shifts including opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks assigned to the sales staff.
• Handle customer’s issue in a prompt and professional manner.
• Contribute to the overall display and presentation efforts within the store environment, including stocking/replenishing merchandise and inventory.
• Responsible for operating cash registers in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assisted in the training sales staff on company policies and procedures and in particular, selling techniques.
• Reported to the store Manager and worked closely with her to ensure sale goals and company standards are achieved and maintained.
• Trained and supervised a team of highly motivated staff of 12 members, who achieved sale targets within their first three months.
• Evaluate and hire new staff.
Pros
Fashion knowledege
Cons
No benefits
Retail position where I enjoyed working part time, with flexible hours and a great team.
Sales Associate, Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough Town CentreMay 9, 2015
A typical day at work was greet customers as they enter the store and let them know we are available whenever they need our help. Keep the store clean and properly maintained and presentable at all times. I learned a lot of great Customer Service skills and problem solving skills. The management was great, they were very understanding when it came to a problem with a co-worker, customers and when I was unable to make my shift and always managed to help me find someone else to cover for me. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes we were unable to get the customer exactly what they wanted due to store policy etc. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was always working with amazing people. I always have a great time helping others when they need assistance and its a great feeling when they leave the store satisfied and with a smile on their faces.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours for everyone's availability
Productive workplace, not enough pay
manager in training (Former Employee) –  Burnaby,BCMay 4, 2015
Very long days at work, lots of labor and heavy lifting, paid minimum wage for a management position. Good manager, but district manager and regional manager was terrible. No respect for employees and no appreciation.
Cons
long hours, low pay
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  100 city center drive Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
I've learned a lot of things from sirens they taught me proper costumer service skills and how to deal with certain situations in a mature matter. The management wasn't that great because they didn't know how to deal with people properly but my co-workers were the best we worked well as a team all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the after part of cleaning up and just getting to know everybody.
Pros
see new arrivals
Cons
tagging all the clothes
Fun and productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
Strictly approve a good retail service
short on hours and pay
don't include benefits and holiday pay
staying another hour on closing time or another 30 mins till closing time but without getting paid for the extra hours
Pros
good employees
Cons
not enough hours and pay