Sirens Employee Reviews

Worst Place to Work
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2016
The Sirens at Orfus Road in Toronto is the worst place to work and should probably be reported. When inventory has to be restocked or if the store is really busy, staff work 7-8 hour shifts with no breaks. Not sure this is even legal. Staff are treated badly overall and its not a good working environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
great environment , fun workplace
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 27, 2016
Loved working with different types of fashion and trends, helping people having a positive attitude always, making sure everything is neat and clean as well helping people pick clothes
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Enthusiastic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sirens , I learned alot because it was my first retail job. I had really friendly co-workers. The hardest part was travelling really far to get too work. I mostly enjoyed the customers and the location.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate - (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 10, 2016
Pack clothes in the back, clean change rooms, Put clothes back where they belonged, sweep, mop, wipe down countertops and changeroom windows and mirrors
Pros
I got the chance to use walkie talkies
Cons
Long hours, feet was swollen at the end of my shift
Productive, well-organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2016
Typical day was good and not too busy that you wouldn't get too stressed out. Co-workers were amazing and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job, would be helping the customers. It teaches you great management skills and customer service skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
long hours, depending on your schedule
Productive day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work,

A typical day at work would be making sure the store is neat and helping assist customers into fitting rooms as well as cashing them out as soon as they are finished finding what they want.
Pros
Being able to assist new people
Cons
fun workplace and you get a discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 20, 2016
Manager will be your best friend, but be careful the might abuse you in the sense of over working you as a student and not caring
Pros
discount, great manager
Cons
sometimes they don't follow the rules
Sales and Stylist.
Stylist and Retail (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 21, 2016
Customer Service,
greeting and assisting customers
Cashier,
general cleaning,
stock,
display

did a lot of inventory, and basic cleaning duties.
Opening and closing of the store.
Counting tills.
Bank runs
Fun environment
Head Cashier (Management)/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
Good environment, good music, good clothes! Everyone working there was nice and created a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good hours, approachable management
Cons
Sometimes a bit slow, could get a little boring
Productive and fun to communicate with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work is folding clothes and greeting customers, I learned that everything must be in its place before you leave, the colours matching and sizes in order. the best part of the job was when friend come to see me and I help them pick out an outfit.
fun
Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 18, 2016
 1 year of experience as Sales Person, Filing and keeping Records
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2015
It was a good and Friendly environment. The employees were nice and gave me great assistance when in need of help. Taught me customer service tips and how to held problematic. Since it was my first job it taught me most of my customers service.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
outside all day
Bland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
This was my first job, and I was a regular sales associate. It was a good beginning job and had friendly managers but I didn't particular enjoy working with my co-workers.
Pros
Easy job
fun workplace
Cashier, count (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 24, 2015
a typical day at work for me was either doing the cash register, fitting rooms, or putting stock out. I learned the concept of retail, and I also learned the concept of a real job considering it was my first real job.
I found the job fairly easy. I enjoyed helping out customers and being in a clothing store.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
not enough hours
000 (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 17, 2015
pretty good had good hours but had to stop working for a while to complete school, but over all fun work place decent amount politics but great company.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Overall fun work place with a great management team. great place to grow and develop in the retail industry. As well as a diverse environment where you get to deal with a verity of customers on daily basis.
Pros
great staff
Cons
work/life balance
a typical day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  1700 Wilson AveOctober 18, 2015
Shift are usually short. Not much to do because slow paced store. A lot of store cleaning and maintenance. Busy weekends.. Weekdays are like prep for weekend, you do stock.
very energetic!!! always busy!!!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 24, 2015
many opportunities to grow within the company. salary income not very high. great employee discount. upper management was great to deal with. they always kept an open mind when discussing store details.
Pros
always room to grow
Cons
pay not too high
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2015
had a good time working here but it was time for me to go. co-workers were really fun to work with. at this job i learned customer service. the hardest part of this job was at night when we were about to close store is to big and there was only a few people closing and we all had to clean the big store i prefer a small store i can concentrate better.
Lovely Ladies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AbSeptember 8, 2015
My work days always start off wonderful and productive, and usually ended the same way. I've been doing the assistant manger job for as long as ive been in retail and I have learned over the years how to remain calm and deal with various situations in a polite and professional manner. I have a wonderful staff that respect me which is very important to me. The hardest part of my job sometimes is letting people go especially after we have built a great bond, but i have learned that it comes with the position and what is to be done must be done. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I have wonderful staff and majority of our customer are pleasant.

2.9