Reporting to the Team Lead, Production Engineering, this position is responsible for providing engineering expertise for optimizing production operations within Sinopec Canada. This will include significant involvement in monitoring well production, well and facility operating costs, assisting with facility optimization operations in collaboration with the Production Superintendent, Field Production Foreman, Area Operators, Exploitation Engineers, Completions Group and Facilities Engineers. Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Team Lead, Production with well & facility production optimization and development/execution of operating cost initiatives;
- Overseeing all Artificial Lift (beam pump, electrical submersible pump, pcp’s. gas lift, and jet pump) performance and making recommendations for improved performance efficiency;
- Coordinating and scheduling regular area review meetings with Field Operations/Engineering/Facility teams;
- Budgeting for production and operating costs;
- Coordinating new tie-ins with Field/Completions/Facilities/Third Parties;
- Assisting with production and financial audits;
- Working with production accounting to ensure allocations are correct;
- Maintaining PVR to represent area well production reporting;
- Working with Joint Venture team and third party processors on operations related agreements (processing, gathering, compression) and other Joint Venture related issues;
- Working with partners on an as needed basis;
- Addressing regulatory issues and ensuring compliance with the AER;
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Successful candidate you will have 5 - 15 years of Production Engineering (P.Eng.) or Production Technologist (C.E.T.) experience;
- You will be a standing member of APEGA or ASET;
- Experience in sweet and sour oil and gas facility operations that includes: sour oil treating, vapor recovery, dehydration and compression are required;
- Experience in sweet and sour oil and gas well operations that includes a working knowledge of all types of artificial lift design and installation;
- Measurement, SCADA and PVR expertise is required;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organization and analytical skills;
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
If you or someone you know is interested in this career opportunity, please apply online by going directly to the careers section on our website www.sinopeccanada.com.
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted and we thank you in advance for your interest”
Sinopec Canada is a diversified oil and natural gas company, focused on exploiting its land base in Alberta and north east British Columbia....