Reporting to the Group Lead, Mineral Land Administration, you will act as a key member of the Business Development, Land and Exploration Team and will be responsible for the administration of all mineral files in an assigned geographic area. You will be part of a high performing team with duties including, but not limited to:
- Set up and maintain AB Crown / Freehold Leases and Trust Agreements link to governing agreements
- Work closely with Area Negotiator, Area Asset Team, Contract Land Administration and other key business areas
- Communicate effectively and professionally with partners, landowners, Government departments as well as all departments within Sinopec
- Monitor expiring leases/licences
- Prepare and submit continuation / advance ruling / extension applications, licence grouping / validation applications, surrender letters
- Prepare and/or review documentation such as Crown Transfers, Transfer of Land, Assignment of Lease, Trust Agreements, Caveats, Certificate of Titles etc. and update CS Explorer regarding same
- Review and process Crown/Freehold notices including offsets, defaults and Sec 18 Notices
- Handle partner and lessor queries related to Mineral agreements
- Address landowner name, address and depository changes and ensure that landowner information is current in land system (proper documentation required prior to updating records)
- Process Notice of Assignments, Assignment and Novations, Assignment Agreements and Change of Operator Notices
- Maintain accurate records within the land system and ensure timely updating of all changes
- Notify Accounting Department of changes in our land system regarding Notice of Assignments, Change of Operators, Assignments, name and address changes etc.
- Review problem invoices – rectify with the Accounting Department
- Minimum 6 years experience in a Mineral Land Department
- Solid understanding of Freehold Land Administration
- Detail-oriented individual who takes pride in following a defined process to ensure all land documents are complete and accurate
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires you to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Possess a positive attitude and have strong interpersonal skills which allow you to effectively communicate with landowners and other internal/external stakeholders
- Working level knowledge of CS Explorer, Qbyte, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Keep current with industry best practices and/or industry changes by being an active member of CAPLA
If you or someone you know is interested in this career opportunity, please apply online by going directly to the careers section on our website at www.sinopeccanada.com.
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted and we thank you in advance for your interest”
Sinopec Canada is a diversified oil and natural gas company, focused on exploiting its land base in Alberta and north east British Columbia....