Sinclair Knight Merz Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Solid ethical and staff focussed management.
Integration & Assurance Manager, Mining & Metals (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLDNovember 16, 2015
A very professional company with an extremely experienced management team leading engineering design and project management fields.
Plenty of scope for advancement in this company and a strong desire to train and maintain productive and loyal staff.
Pros
Great company that was staff as well as project focussed.
Cons
My ro, le meant I was away from home travelling to project sites often.
provides good benifets for us and we have an outing twice a year sponsored by the company.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Pasig, P00August 17, 2015
I enjoy my job in this company because the people iwork with are true and kind. the management is a little bit strict but they compensate well their employees. They provide us free lunch and dinner when we work overtime job. They give us free mobile phones and allowances for loads.The management are very much concern of their employees welfare.
Pros
They Provide foods during your birthday.
Cons
You dont have to make excuses which are not good to their taste.
Ecellent Work Culture, Professional & Balanced
Senior Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Perth WA CBDAugust 5, 2014
Start at 4.00am finish at 4.00pm - hrs very flexable,
3D Cad Design based around Plant Design with interface challenges every day,
Management tinkered around in the background without communication until approached,
Work Culture was very positive with respect to positive culture,
Definitely the Milestone dates which were not relayed at the beginning of the project and as with Dynamic Design it can change constantly and without warning for reasons too lengthy to list here,
3D Design, to have complete control regarding issues of maintenance, manufacture and design.
Pros
cbd
Cons
pressure
Flexible working environment but poor talent sucession planning
Global Mobility Manager - Asia (Former Employee) –  Kuala LumpurApril 22, 2015
Potential candidate is not identified properly for succession planning
Hence lack in career development and planning
Gap analysis is not done, hence lack of proper training and guidance
High achieving environment, good mentors but high energy required
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane AustraliaMay 16, 2013
Overall a good work environment with efforts made to provide benefits and small perks. Mid-level staff often given a lot of responsibility and left to 'sink or swim' with projects. More support from senior staff needed to develop younger staff's understanding of our technical areas and client needs.
Good global reach however tend to work in regional silos.
Best part of the job has been field work in places all over Australia, and the ability to transfer from globally between offices.
Hardest part of the job was breaking through the local barriers as many people have been at the company or in the city for many years and established networks and groups exist which can be hard to join. Go in with an open mind and don't be afraid to change the way things have always been.
Pros
performance related bonuses annually, free fruit at work and fairly flexible hours
Cons
often expected to work longer hours, recognition and rewards throughout the year not great
Enjoyable workplace, relaxed managment culture.
Civil Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VicMay 20, 2015
A self directed drafting position. Great location in the CBD.
Very good place to work. Good social enviroment. Office well equipt with up to date technology.
Pros
Access to good coffees downstairs.
Very Professional & Goal Orientated Workplace
Lead Electrical Design Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Perth, SCTDecember 29, 2014
I had control of multiple engineering projects, both with Electrical & Mechanical components. I tended to work alone in this environment & it was very technically oriented.

The most difficult component, was the extremely tight time frames given for each project, & the massive volume of work needed to complete each project.

Overall I found it a great place to work for
Pros
the large christmas parties
Supportive company who allow you to use initiative and act on it
Health & Safety Advisor for South Australia (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SAFebruary 26, 2014
With safety, no two days are the same. The work is unpredictable and at times frustrating but always rewarding. I leave at the end of each day knowing that I have put my all in to the days work. I have learned a lot about the way in which people learn and that you cant just deliver training in one way. I have learned to run a gap analysis when there are failings and that quite often the failings are as a result of something that the business has not put in place. The hardest part of the job is not being able to understand some peoples attitude when it comes to safety, the most enjoyable part is when attitudes are changed.
Pros
people and support by the company
Cons
general frustrations
Excellent learning role with challangeing tasks
Senior QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Perth, WAMarch 28, 2014
Excellent opportunity to exercise newly developed management skills.
Productive & fun work place
Auckland Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at Sinclair Knight Merz a lot of challenges at times. Co-workers were really good to work with.
Pros
herald & fruit supplied daily, good atmosphere, lovely lunch room, morning teas put on for different occasions.
Cons
changing from employee/share holder company to being bought by multi national company in usa
GIving opportunities to excel in steel detailing job
Structural Steel Detailer (Current Employee) –  Ortigas Center, Pasig City, PhilippinesDecember 17, 2011
It also concerns on the health and safety of employees and thier families.Motivating workers by giving incentives and rewards for deserving employees for the job well-done.
Pros
free supplies (cofee, tea, tissue), monthly staff get together with free food, christmas party, summer outing
Great people, great company
Mechanical/Structural Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSWMarch 19, 2014
Had some fantastic learning experiences, design set-out, 3D Modelling with Green and Brown Field jobs.
Pros
great exposure to epcm's
Cons
work ran out
Interesting work environment
Project Assistant for Windows (Former Employee) –  Perth CBDMay 24, 2014
IT area was new to me, so everyday I was learning new things.
Colleagues were very helpful and I enjoyed every moment that I spent in SKM.
Productive with high standards
Site Contracts Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cape Lambert Project, WAMay 8, 2012
Busy project, hard work environment. Business process and systems not as good as they could be. Felt to be a valued employee.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
10 hr days
Well repersented
Survey Assistant /Technician (Former Employee) –  WAJanuary 27, 2014
Specialised survey audit team across multiple projects
with the latest precision equipment.
Pros
latest precision equipment
Cons
huge overheads
Gran cultura y excelente ambiente
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santiago de ChileJuly 5, 2015
Una empresa de profesionales en los que la relación interpersonal y profesional es fácil y horizontal.
Pros
Seguro médico, horario de salida más temprano los viernes
Cons
Ya no existe