Sinclair Dental Co. Ltd is a proudly Canadian owned and operated, full-service national dental supply company in Canada. We constantly strive to be the industry-leader in improving customer satisfaction, providing innovative solutions and adapting to ever-changing trends and needs.
Join our team in the role of Junior Accountant, reporting to our Assistant Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts to support monthly financial reporting
- Prepares internal month end financial statements for various branches/departments
- Protects assets by monitoring, and enforcing internal controls and policies and procedures
- Assists with the preparation of documents for yearend financial review engagement with external auditors
- Prepares special reports by collecting and summarizing information
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Investigate account variances and/or changes in trends – actual vs. budget
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 1st/2nd level Accounting Student in CMA, CGA, or CA program
- Minimum one year of experience in an entry level finance or accounting position
- Basic knowledge of finance, accounting, and internal control principles including ASPE
- Able to complete account reconciliation
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Outlook required, knowledge of MXP or Monarch an asset
- Work requires willingness to maintain a flexible schedule
Indeed - 6 months ago
Sinclair Dental Co. Ltd is a proudly Canadian owned and operated, full-service national dental supply company in Canada. We constantly...