SimplexGrinnell

SimplexGrinnell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent workplace with room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Richland, MSNovember 5, 2013
Pros: fantastic management
Cons: short breaks and not great benefits.
Extremely busy, learning something new each day. Management was fantastic and friendly. Co-workers the same. I didn't find anything hard about the job except the amount of work flow. Most enjoyable was the atmosphere, so positive.
Good Company
Sr. Project Manager / Technical Architect (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2013
Very good good compay to work with. Good work environment, good growth possibility.
They need to make some changes and it seems to be getting worse not better
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCSeptember 9, 2013
I feel that this place is a dead end for me. the work is fine the people and the branch it self really do not work well as a team. Not the company is a good one to work for but the branch in Charleston needs some work and I don't thing it is the right fit for me.
Great start
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 19, 2013
SimplexGrinnell was an enjoyable place to work with a laid back environment.
I learned a lot about myself professionally and where I would like to take my career.
The best part of my career at SimplexGrinnell is when I proved myself worthy of a promotion!
demanding but satisfying work
Total Service Manager (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 13, 2013
Pros: relative autonomy to do my job
Cons: too many bosses
Manage a $5m dollar service business. Daily review of pl/, financials, customer service, and employee development. Hardest part was answering to regional managers, v/p's, and service directors. Most enjoyable part dealing with customers, employees
Amazing job!!
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJuly 24, 2013
This literally was the best job ever, sadly I do not have it any longer but if I had the chance I would take it back in a heart beat!!
I would not recommend this company to anyone for an admin level position
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Salem, VAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: responsibilities assigned not equal to compensation
The benefits were second to none, but given the small size of the office, no opportunities for advancement in my field were present.
great coworker bad management
Fabrication tech/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIJuly 19, 2013
I worked for there for 33 years enjoyed the jobs and good benefits,
A great place to work.
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: there was a cafeteria on the premises to purchase a fresh hot or cold lunch during lunch hour.
Cons: 11 hour work days at month end closings, no overtime as salaried position
The hardest part of the job was learning many different computer systems as SimplexGrinnel was created by merging two different companies together. I worked there during the transition period and left on maternity leave before the company had completely transferred to a new system. SimplexGrinnell, at that time, used both BAAN and AS400 main frame computer – more... systems. – less
Good pay and benefits. Bonus greedy management. No ethics.
Senior Technical Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 23, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits for those willing to give up their life in trade.
Cons: no culture. everything must be documented to cover your back.
Tyco took Simplex Time Recorder and merged it with Grinnell. They took two "cream of the crop" companies and turned them into one "run of the mill" disorganization. Everything is driven by management bonuses and stockholder returns. Absolutely no consideration of employees as people with families and lives outside of work.
Productive and Great Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2013
Pros: co-worker and are excellent and the company as a whole is great
Cons: compensation for the area in which i work
A typical day of work for me would be uploading projects, reviewing project A/R, billing, looking at tech qualifications to see who I am sending to the jobs, working on certified payroll, processing payment application and sub contractor forms required, working with subs to identify work completed to date percentages and working with management to determine – more... what costs are involved in getting jobs done. – less
Great customers!
Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2013
Pros: great customers and products.
Cons: deteriorating culture.
Serving great customers with top flight products was very satisfying. Because of staying busy with interesting challenges I hardly noticed the deteriorating culture.
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMay 16, 2013
Pros: paid vacation right away
Cons: total support of management
Overall I enjoyed working there.... I enjoyed working with some of the people... I love a challenge and to keep busy. I feel that management could have been more supportive.

A lot of different departments in the office and at times you have to work as a group, and you see others get away with things when they are to be helping you. In the end you get – more... in trouble for something you had no control over because you were at the mercy of the person in the other department providing you with the information that you needed and never did. You speak you to your supervisor to explain but they feel that you should have been able to get this information and your passing the buck but your not , you cannot because you need the other person who works in that other department to provide it since you have no clue where it is. Since you do not work in that dept. This is where you don't have the full support of your management . – less
Great Company! Only left to relocate and no openings in new area.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMay 10, 2013
Pros: large company. plentiful opportunities. industry leader.
Cons: work can be cyclical with construction trends and seasons.
I enjoyed working for SimplexGrinnell. It is the industry leader in fire alarm and fire protection technologies. They are growing fast in electronic security.

If you are motivated and put effort into your performance you are rewarded with training and advancement.

There is never lack of training and certification programs at SimplexGrinnell - all – more... you need to do is show genuine interest and ask.

I was promoted within 11 months of employment. I was encouraged and challenged by management to learn and grow.

My position at SimplexGrinnell was one of the most rewarding and satisfying for me.

I truly hated to leave the company, but needed to relocated for family. There were no openings in the area I moved to. I would definitely work for SG again!

If you ever have an opportunity to work at SimplexGrinnell, take it. – less
Very good working conditions, company vehicle used also to and from home.
Certified Senior Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 7, 2013
Pros: good working conditions. good benefits.
Cons: little or no increases in pay.
Typical day at work involved responding to customers work sites to program access control, security systems and CCTV systems. Also to troubleshoot customer problems with their systems. Many hours of multiple manufacturers equipment, software, windows operating systems, networks, interfacing software with mechanical/electrical equipment. Supervision – more... and assistance to electrical sub-contractors. Excellent working with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the occasional requirement to work on high camera poles. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers, meeting their needs and requirements and the satisfaction of rectifying problems. – less
Good Company Back then
Lead suppression technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 6, 2013
Pros: i got a award for by your side ... outstanding customer service
Cons: alot of night work
Now simplex has made alot of changes. Back then they had more people in place.
Very poor district management...
Service/Field Tech (Current Employee), Nashville TNMay 4, 2013
Pros: co-workers are good solid hard working people.
Cons: the human being has been removed from the equation... only numbers matter.
The corporate policy handbook has become the ultimate law of the land without exception, unless you are management, then it doesn't really apply. Hourly and field people are treated like nothing more than a number on a spreadsheet, and intimidation from management is the new "moral booster" if performance starts to falter for any reason... there are – more... no more "good" meetings... if you get called in for a sit down with the boss, expect the worst. Kinda reminds me of a Viking ship where if the slave master feels you aren't rowing hard enough, he will just toss you overboard and replace you with a fresh body. This USED to be a good place to work, but the last couple of years have been pitiful... the concern and compassion for the employee has been replaced with the typical corporate thirst for a solid bottom line at any cost. – less
Everything I had hoped for for an entry level technician job.
Fire Alarm Inspector (Current Employee), ‘Aiea, HIApril 29, 2013
Pros: great management, opportunities to expand
I'm glad that I was given the opportunity to work here after doing my internship with them through Heald College. They did not have an opening at the time, but three months after the internship program, I got a call to do an interview for being an Inspector!

I had a very good experience working in my position. I was able to apply my hands-on knowledge – more... of electronics to the field, and also learn a lot about fire alarm systems. After two years and becoming a Lead Inspector, I took the role of leading inspections and interacting with the customer about their systems. With the help of my supervisor and peers, I was able to obtain my NICET Fire Alarm Systems Level I & II certifications.

I found the job challenging at some points when doing service calls and troubleshooting issues with fire alarm systems, but I never felt like I was left on my own. I received a great amount of help from my coworkers if I came across something that I was having trouble with.

The great thing about this company is that they provide the information that I needed to get to the next level. I was pushed to obtain my NICET certifications, and SimplexGrinnell also provides training courses offered on the mainland, which I took advantage of, because I saw it as a great opportunity to learn more.

I definitely have a great time working here. – less
Horrible Place to work. Low ethics and morals
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Harahan, LAApril 16, 2013
Cons: no work life balance, verbal abuse
Bad place to work. Management tried to push me to work unlicensed people. Verbally abused almost daily. Does not value woman in the workplace. Also, lots of racial comments towards minorities and bad comments towards woman. I was very disappointed. It is hard to believe that this is 2013.
Good chances of moving to other areas
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee), Spokane, WAApril 6, 2013
Cons: long hours
Start early and Finish Late good overtime
sometime too many hours

About SimplexGrinnell

This company does more than simply grin at the thought of fire and security risks, it does something about it. SimplexGrinnell, – Read more