SimplexGrinnell

SimplexGrinnell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best 6 years of my life
Senior Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee), Westminster, MassachusettsFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: saving lives
I loved working for this company. I received great training and met great friends. Also the feeling of saving lives is pretty indescribable, and having the opportunity to do so is also a very great feeling of pride and a sense of responsibility to your customers and their businesses.
good people
Installer Helper (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good people, job locations
Cons: they had to let helpers go due to slow work load
I enjoyed working here and wish they still had work for me. I got to work with my Father allot. I learn't allot about electrical work and fire alarms. I really enjoyed it.
Numbers driven company with massive management-field disconnect
Senior Technical Representative (Construction) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Numbers driven company with massive management-field disconnect
Disorganized and Poor Mangement
Dispatcher/Scheduler (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: catty atmosphere and regular layoffs
Started as a great place, but then every few months they would lay people off. The company began a central dispatch which was the end of the personal attention for the customers. I worked for 3 different managers and it's my understanding that each one had no idea that I was working for one of the others. They did give gift cards for exceeding goals – more... in your area, but I had to split mine with the employee who did billing. VERY stressful job, but I like that. I was laid off due to the central dispatch and also because the managers did not know the other areas I took over. There was also a "power hungry" CSR who made it hers life's work to make other employees miserable. One manager who only hire young girls so I am not sure what was up with that. Also, the "rules" were different for everyone. They were not interested in new ideas either. – less
FUN
Fire Alarm Inspector (Current Employee), East Berlin, CTDecember 31, 2013
Pros: overtine
Cons: trying to become a apprentice
Duties included servicing fire and smoke detection systems, troubleshooting and minor repair and replacements of parts and material, ladderwork and other duties as required. Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections. Perform routine inspections, testing, and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell life safety – more... product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturer's product line. – less
Ok Company to Work for
Admin (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
My experience was ok, it was a good place to get started, but I did not see a lot of potential for career growth or exploration
Excellent workplace with room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Richland, MSNovember 5, 2013
Pros: fantastic management
Cons: short breaks and not great benefits.
Extremely busy, learning something new each day. Management was fantastic and friendly. Co-workers the same. I didn't find anything hard about the job except the amount of work flow. Most enjoyable was the atmosphere, so positive.
Good Company
Sr. Project Manager / Technical Architect (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2013
Very good good compay to work with. Good work environment, good growth possibility.
They need to make some changes and it seems to be getting worse not better
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCSeptember 9, 2013
I feel that this place is a dead end for me. the work is fine the people and the branch it self really do not work well as a team. Not the company is a good one to work for but the branch in Charleston needs some work and I don't thing it is the right fit for me.
Great start
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 19, 2013
SimplexGrinnell was an enjoyable place to work with a laid back environment.
I learned a lot about myself professionally and where I would like to take my career.
The best part of my career at SimplexGrinnell is when I proved myself worthy of a promotion!
demanding but satisfying work
Total Service Manager (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 13, 2013
Pros: relative autonomy to do my job
Cons: too many bosses
Manage a $5m dollar service business. Daily review of pl/, financials, customer service, and employee development. Hardest part was answering to regional managers, v/p's, and service directors. Most enjoyable part dealing with customers, employees
Amazing job!!
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJuly 24, 2013
This literally was the best job ever, sadly I do not have it any longer but if I had the chance I would take it back in a heart beat!!
I would not recommend this company to anyone for an admin level position
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Salem, VAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: responsibilities assigned not equal to compensation
The benefits were second to none, but given the small size of the office, no opportunities for advancement in my field were present.
great coworker bad management
Fabrication tech/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIJuly 19, 2013
I worked for there for 33 years enjoyed the jobs and good benefits,
A great place to work.
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: there was a cafeteria on the premises to purchase a fresh hot or cold lunch during lunch hour.
Cons: 11 hour work days at month end closings, no overtime as salaried position
The hardest part of the job was learning many different computer systems as SimplexGrinnel was created by merging two different companies together. I worked there during the transition period and left on maternity leave before the company had completely transferred to a new system. SimplexGrinnell, at that time, used both BAAN and AS400 main frame computer – more... systems. – less
Good pay and benefits. Bonus greedy management. No ethics.
Senior Technical Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 23, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits for those willing to give up their life in trade.
Cons: no culture. everything must be documented to cover your back.
Tyco took Simplex Time Recorder and merged it with Grinnell. They took two "cream of the crop" companies and turned them into one "run of the mill" disorganization. Everything is driven by management bonuses and stockholder returns. Absolutely no consideration of employees as people with families and lives outside of work.
Productive and Great Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2013
Pros: co-worker and are excellent and the company as a whole is great
Cons: compensation for the area in which i work
A typical day of work for me would be uploading projects, reviewing project A/R, billing, looking at tech qualifications to see who I am sending to the jobs, working on certified payroll, processing payment application and sub contractor forms required, working with subs to identify work completed to date percentages and working with management to determine – more... what costs are involved in getting jobs done. – less
Great customers!
Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2013
Pros: great customers and products.
Cons: deteriorating culture.
Serving great customers with top flight products was very satisfying. Because of staying busy with interesting challenges I hardly noticed the deteriorating culture.
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMay 16, 2013
Pros: paid vacation right away
Cons: total support of management
Overall I enjoyed working there.... I enjoyed working with some of the people... I love a challenge and to keep busy. I feel that management could have been more supportive.

A lot of different departments in the office and at times you have to work as a group, and you see others get away with things when they are to be helping you. In the end you get – more... in trouble for something you had no control over because you were at the mercy of the person in the other department providing you with the information that you needed and never did. You speak you to your supervisor to explain but they feel that you should have been able to get this information and your passing the buck but your not , you cannot because you need the other person who works in that other department to provide it since you have no clue where it is. Since you do not work in that dept. This is where you don't have the full support of your management . – less
Great Company! Only left to relocate and no openings in new area.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMay 10, 2013
Pros: large company. plentiful opportunities. industry leader.
Cons: work can be cyclical with construction trends and seasons.
I enjoyed working for SimplexGrinnell. It is the industry leader in fire alarm and fire protection technologies. They are growing fast in electronic security.

If you are motivated and put effort into your performance you are rewarded with training and advancement.

There is never lack of training and certification programs at SimplexGrinnell - all – more... you need to do is show genuine interest and ask.

I was promoted within 11 months of employment. I was encouraged and challenged by management to learn and grow.

My position at SimplexGrinnell was one of the most rewarding and satisfying for me.

I truly hated to leave the company, but needed to relocated for family. There were no openings in the area I moved to. I would definitely work for SG again!

If you ever have an opportunity to work at SimplexGrinnell, take it. – less

About SimplexGrinnell

This company does more than simply grin at the thought of fire and security risks, it does something about it. SimplexGrinnell, – Read more