SimplexGrinnell

SimplexGrinnell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved my job
Dispatcher for Central Station (They relocated CO) (Former Employee), Gardner, MAMay 9, 2014
Pros: i could ansewer 500 to 600 calls a day
Cons: i talked fast
really cant say much but I was in a call center for simplex, I got along with everyone management was great would probable still be there but the moved to CO and was not willing to move cross country.
Mixed review
Service Integrity Representative (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: great resources, benefits
Cons: commute
I loved working here, until the two offices were merged and moved. In the new location, the management was very disconnected from employees and customers. They (mgt) had 'lost' their focus on long term relationships with the customer - more interested in the immediate dollars rather than building relationships.
I miss my co-workers.
I loved working for Simplex Grinnell. It was challenging and I was constantly learning new products and skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2014
A typical day at work would be:

* Communication with internal departments, co-workers and Clients
* Cold calling
* I learned about fire hazards and life safety
* My co-workers were enthusiastic and empowering
* The hardest part of my job was finding new opportunities in a down-market
* The most enjoyable part of my job was the contact with my clients.
Great benefits
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Harriman, NYApril 24, 2014
Great company to work with

Close to home

Company car

People are great
Great employees to work with who cared about life safety. Senior management is disconnected and seems to be focused only on revenue
Technician (Former Employee), East Berlin, CTApril 16, 2014
Pros: being able to help others stay safe. good pay and benefits. awesome 401k
Cons: yearly (or almost yearly) "reductions in force" (layoffs)
The company is full of hard working people dedicated to life safety. Unfortunately the company and senior management seems to put revenue above all else. Although I certainly understand the importance of revenue, many times long time, dedicated, hard working employees were let go in the interest of positive cash flow.
Hard working group of people
Administrative - SimplexGrinnell (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 16, 2014
Training left some to be desired however, the office personnel were a great group of people.
Great company to work for.
Service Sales Secretary (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: distance from my house
Enjoyed working for SimplexGrinnell. Enjoyed the guys I had to work with. Got along well with everyone there. Great company!!
large company - several opportunities
National Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee), houston, txApril 9, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: pay scale
through the course of 18 years - was able to work in all departments and have a fantastic working knowledge of whole company - service scheduling, installation of fire alarm and sprinkler systems - contract management and also serving district manager - fantastic group of professionals and stull continue relationship
Good benefits
Accounts Receivable Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Westminster, MAMarch 13, 2014
good benefits, room for advancement......................................
who you know not what you know
Contract Administrator/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great 401k plan
Cons: friends hiring friends
I worked here for 5 years. Co-workers were ok. The most enjoyable part of this job was having a happy customer and solving AP problems. A few things need to change in Management. Overall I enjoyed working with my Supervisor.
Business Adminstration and more
Administrator (Former Employee), SimplesGrinnell, West Chester, Ohio 45069February 23, 2014
Pros: major company benifits, healthcare, 401 k
Cons: no advancement opportunities
I wear many hats in my current position at SimplexGrinnell. Starting with first line support to our sales team, reviewing contract terms and conditions and negotiating the terms and conditions with customer. Also providing overview to cost of doing business vs RVI.

I am executive assistant to the District General Manager and manage overall customer – more... invoicing cash flow. Manage disputed invoicing and collections.
I also am acting business manager with added responsibilities of processing bond requests, company vehicle program, company cell phones and issue certificate of insurance policies to customers as required. I also manage inhouse HR duties, onboarding new hires as well as assisting employees with HR issues.

I have over 40 years of business management experience and great integrity to share. My legacy is to make a difference in the lives of those who I can lead and teach to be better at their jobs and lives. – less
Best 6 years of my life
Senior Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee), Westminster, MassachusettsFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: saving lives
I loved working for this company. I received great training and met great friends. Also the feeling of saving lives is pretty indescribable, and having the opportunity to do so is also a very great feeling of pride and a sense of responsibility to your customers and their businesses.
good people
Installer Helper (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good people, job locations
Cons: they had to let helpers go due to slow work load
I enjoyed working here and wish they still had work for me. I got to work with my Father allot. I learn't allot about electrical work and fire alarms. I really enjoyed it.
Numbers driven company with massive management-field disconnect
Senior Technical Representative (Construction) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Numbers driven company with massive management-field disconnect
Disorganized and Poor Mangement
Dispatcher/Scheduler (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: catty atmosphere and regular layoffs
Started as a great place, but then every few months they would lay people off. The company began a central dispatch which was the end of the personal attention for the customers. I worked for 3 different managers and it's my understanding that each one had no idea that I was working for one of the others. They did give gift cards for exceeding goals – more... in your area, but I had to split mine with the employee who did billing. VERY stressful job, but I like that. I was laid off due to the central dispatch and also because the managers did not know the other areas I took over. There was also a "power hungry" CSR who made it hers life's work to make other employees miserable. One manager who only hire young girls so I am not sure what was up with that. Also, the "rules" were different for everyone. They were not interested in new ideas either. – less
FUN
Fire Alarm Inspector (Current Employee), East Berlin, CTDecember 31, 2013
Pros: overtine
Cons: trying to become a apprentice
Duties included servicing fire and smoke detection systems, troubleshooting and minor repair and replacements of parts and material, ladderwork and other duties as required. Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections. Perform routine inspections, testing, and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell life safety – more... product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturer's product line. – less
Ok Company to Work for
Admin (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
My experience was ok, it was a good place to get started, but I did not see a lot of potential for career growth or exploration
Excellent workplace with room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Richland, MSNovember 5, 2013
Pros: fantastic management
Cons: short breaks and not great benefits.
Extremely busy, learning something new each day. Management was fantastic and friendly. Co-workers the same. I didn't find anything hard about the job except the amount of work flow. Most enjoyable was the atmosphere, so positive.
Good Company
Sr. Project Manager / Technical Architect (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2013
Very good good compay to work with. Good work environment, good growth possibility.
They need to make some changes and it seems to be getting worse not better
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCSeptember 9, 2013
I feel that this place is a dead end for me. the work is fine the people and the branch it self really do not work well as a team. Not the company is a good one to work for but the branch in Charleston needs some work and I don't thing it is the right fit for me.

About SimplexGrinnell

This company does more than simply grin at the thought of fire and security risks, it does something about it. SimplexGrinnell, – Read more