SimplexGrinnell Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Service Industry
Service Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 September 2012
I began with this company as a reception and then was promoted to support the sales staff. On a daily basis, I would help put together RFP's for bids on sprinker & fire alarm systems.

After about 6 months I was promoted to Service Coordinator. In this position I was responsible for taking service calls, created a job number and finding a tech to send to location.

Management did not play a role in my daily acitivities although they were friendly. The co-workers were great to work with a good comradery was built amongst us.

The hardest part of the job when I left this company was trying to fill all of the service calls when technicians were already on other jobs. We also went through a merging of two companies which had it's challenges initially.

The most enjoyable part was that the staff was very friendly and always willing to help one another. I also enjoyed being challenged on a daily basis.
Pros
great staff, good compensation & benefits
Cons
lack of interaction between management and the rest of the staff
u have to walk on glass
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2012
typical day good, i learned alot. management some were good and some ???. co-workers are good. hardest part of job is every monday. enjoyable part of job going home after work
Cons
watch your back