SimplexGrinnell

SimplexGrinnell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing employees and management!
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJune 3, 2014
Pros: training available
Cons: needed more staff
An enjoyable place to work. I learned how to multi task more effectively and efficiently. The management was very supportive. The employees worked well together. The hardest part of the job would have to be not enough staff in office to take on some of the responsibilities. The most enjoyable part would be the camaraderie.
Clean, safe and good people to work with
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Delta, B.CMay 17, 2014
I was responsible for all facets of the Warehouse including purchasing parts and supplies. I had one person working for me. I really enjoy working with numbers
horrible place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2013
Cons: sweat shop type atmosphere
terrible culture
horrific wages
no support
extreme pressure and deadlines
whole company is run extremely "lean"
A big company lots of nice people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Cons: same thing every day
More of a data entry position no challenge
Long days
Large company hard to meet people
Learned a lot from this experience.
Service Supervisor Atlantic Canada (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful work environment
Sales and Service, not my cup of tea. Would not recommend this place to any of my colleagues.
Alarm and Detection Inspector/Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2013
Very welcoming team
Hours of work are great
Work accommodation is fantastic
Good company to gain work experience
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2012
Had the responsibility of inputting contracts into the Ace and Progen systems. Learned to pay attention to small details.
Excellent supportive working environment.
Integrated Systems Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2012
The office is well organized and goal oriented. Co-workers were available and willing to help out. The training program is one of the best availalble and covers all aspects of the role.
Fast paced work enviroment, set on reaching financial goals.
Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2012
Pros: rewarding lunches
Cons: blame game
I enjoyed working with many people at SimplexGrinnell, most were very welcoming andhelpful when needed. I had the oppotunity to expand my knowledge of shipping and recieving. I also worked with creating purchase orders and learnt a great amount of security product. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things and working with others to – more... complete any tasks. The least enjoyable part of my job would be the micro-managment. I am a very capable and trust worthy person who will complete any task given with proper instructions. – less
Fast Paced Service Industry
Service Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great staff, good compensation & benefits
Cons: lack of interaction between management and the rest of the staff
I began with this company as a reception and then was promoted to support the sales staff. On a daily basis, I would help put together RFP's for bids on sprinker & fire alarm systems.

After about 6 months I was promoted to Service Coordinator. In this position I was responsible for taking service calls, created a job number and finding a tech to send – more... to location.

Management did not play a role in my daily acitivities although they were friendly. The co-workers were great to work with a good comradery was built amongst us.

The hardest part of the job when I left this company was trying to fill all of the service calls when technicians were already on other jobs. We also went through a merging of two companies which had it's challenges initially.

The most enjoyable part was that the staff was very friendly and always willing to help one another. I also enjoyed being challenged on a daily basis. – less
u have to walk on glass
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2012
Cons: watch your back
typical day good, i learned alot. management some were good and some ???. co-workers are good. hardest part of job is every monday. enjoyable part of job going home after work
Highly Unorganized
LEAD INSPECTOR (Current Employee), Salem, VASeptember 25, 2014
Simplex is highly unorganized. Management is extremely poor. Don't expect raises or compensation. If you haven't moved up in three years chances are you will not ever. It's easy work, and sometimes fun, but everything about the company is ridiculous. Even customers are fed up with them. Customer service does not mean much to the company.
great company
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, MASeptember 24, 2014
small company but worked with many great people - took good care of their employees
Northshore has been a great working experience for me.
Fire Alarm Inspector (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: a job that you don't really have to take home with you.
Cons: working by yourself at elementary schools, sometimes you don't have all the materials needed
Typical day is look at what is expected for the day, night, or split shift for the custodian, and you go from there. The co-workers that I have been in contact with have been great.
Professional workplace with a fun attitude
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Westminster, MASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, health benefits, camaraderie, great cafeteria
Cons: big business mindset at upper management (all about the bottom dollar)
Flexible hours along with remote access made for very productive days. Employees are given the flexibility to work alternative hours as needed. It was fun working there most days, as with any job there were stressful times but that is to be expected.

Middle and lower management seemed to be fine, nothing negative to say about that. The workplace was – more... professional for the most part and there did not seem to be any harassment by managers/supervisors. Dress code was business casual attire most of the time with a dress-down Friday.

About the only negative thing is that it is part of Tyco so there is always the shareholders to keep happy, meaning layoffs occur to make better numbers, etc. – less
One of the best corporation you can work for
Construction/Operations Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: no cons
Enjoy the challange and pace. Every day a new and exciting oppertunities
The past few years has been very difficult, many changes in management, making it almost impossible to get problems resolved.
Project Manager/customer service rep (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: great benifit package, very stable company
Cons: too many management changes.
Comfortable, productive, great enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: always felt comfortable, allowed the freedom to set out if any situation arise w/family. benefits were also a plus
Cons: was solely responsible for running the office and personnel when management was away
At SimplexGrinnell is was a comfortable work environment. It was a small office of about 7 individuals and we all worked very, very well together, More than co-workers it was more like a family environment but when something needed to be done we all worked together great, My boss was a great boss and gave me the freedom to take certain job situation – more... and resolve any issues, The hardest time was towards the end of the closing of the month when account payable/receivable, payments, invoicing all needed to get done in a timely manner, I truly enjoy working in an office environment, There is nothing I like more that to be challenged – less
Info Tech Department is good to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 401k match to 6% of salary
I worked at Tyco SimplexGrinnell in the IT Department. My Manager of a little over 2 years was great to work for. I last reported to a ePMO director who was also very good to work for. They each supported my efforts.

Overall, the SimplexGrinnell IT department is understaffed and overworked. If you work there you have plenty to keep you busy.
Over complicated work processes/electronic devices never synced properly.
Field Technician/Inspector (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: company car/ good wage ( with prevailing wage jobs)
Cons: excessive work load, sent to job sites by yourself, no assistant to help with equipment.
Excessive work load, un-organized work schedule, One job would be in Painted Post, NY in the morning, next job would be in Halstead PA in the afternoon. Often had 7/8 hours in by the time I arrived to the 2nd job.I had two large hotels in one day plus fire extinguisher inspections as well. A lot of work was to be done at home on your own time without – more... pay, for example, LMS required online courses. No breaks or lunches were almost an everyday occurrence. The company car maintenance was also to be done on your own time. Huge turnover, 10 people were let go during the 10 months I was employed there. You also had to constantly prod the office for required job numbers, locations, what was needed to be inspected at every job assigned to you. Could of been a better experience with some different procedures. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About SimplexGrinnell

This company does more than simply grin at the thought of fire and security risks, it does something about it. SimplexGrinnell, – Read more