SimplexGrinnell Employee Reviews in Canada

fast paced environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAMay 21, 2016
your requirements of your job function are sometimes not realistic. supervisors are underqualified. no room for advancement fast turn over rate.
Pros
different shifts availbe
Cons
no money
Fast Paced Service Industry
Service Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 18, 2012
I began with this company as a reception and then was promoted to support the sales staff. On a daily basis, I would help put together RFP's for bids on sprinker & fire alarm systems.

After about 6 months I was promoted to Service Coordinator. In this position I was responsible for taking service calls, created a job number and finding a tech to send to location.

Management did not play a role in my daily acitivities although they were friendly. The co-workers were great to work with a good comradery was built amongst us.

The hardest part of the job when I left this company was trying to fill all of the service calls when technicians were already on other jobs. We also went through a merging of two companies which had it's challenges initially.

The most enjoyable part was that the staff was very friendly and always willing to help one another. I also enjoyed being challenged on a daily basis.
Pros
great staff, good compensation & benefits
Cons
lack of interaction between management and the rest of the staff
Fun place to work good benifits
Preventative Maintenance Agreement Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2014
Very large company, which has a lot of benefits of being able to offer more than smaller fire protection companies. However, since it is so large, corporate sometimes pushed ideas that may not have been well thought out. However, with Tyco integrated security and Simplex Grinnell merging into one company. I think it will simplify things.
Pros
fast paced company lots of opportunity
Cons
sometimes the corporate structure was too rigid.
SimplexGrinnell Review
EIT - Sprinkler Systems Designer II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2015
I liked the environment and the co-workers at this employment, I felt a sense of welcoming by co-workers at this employment. I found certain aspects of the job enticing and challenging at the same time. \i got along well with management at this position
A very stressful underpaid job
Receptionist/ Document Control/ Billing/ Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 31, 2015
I can not say I have not learned a lot at Simplex Grinnell, started off as a receptionist, went into document control, then billing, then accounts receivable. Jumped all over the place, although it was not a very sane place to be working. If someone quite or got fired, they would not hire someone knew they would put the responsibility on all the other co workers.
Amazing employees and management!
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayJune 3, 2014
An enjoyable place to work. I learned how to multi task more effectively and efficiently. The management was very supportive. The employees worked well together. The hardest part of the job would have to be not enough staff in office to take on some of the responsibilities. The most enjoyable part would be the camaraderie.
Pros
training available
Cons
needed more staff
u have to walk on glass
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2012
typical day good, i learned alot. management some were good and some ???. co-workers are good. hardest part of job is every monday. enjoyable part of job going home after work
Cons
watch your back
horrible place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2013
terrible culture
horrific wages
no support
extreme pressure and deadlines
whole company is run extremely "lean"
Cons
sweat shop type atmosphere
Fast paced work enviroment, set on reaching financial goals.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2012
I enjoyed working with many people at SimplexGrinnell, most were very welcoming andhelpful when needed. I had the oppotunity to expand my knowledge of shipping and recieving. I also worked with creating purchase orders and learnt a great amount of security product. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things and working with others to complete any tasks. The least enjoyable part of my job would be the micro-managment. I am a very capable and trust worthy person who will complete any task given with proper instructions.
Pros
rewarding lunches
Cons
blame game
Learned a lot from this experience.
Service Supervisor Atlantic Canada (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 22, 2013
Sales and Service, not my cup of tea. Would not recommend this place to any of my colleagues.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful work environment
great company
Sprinkler System Installer (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaFebruary 27, 2013
working in northern canada cold with a lot of dry systems.traveling to different cities in the area for new projects was interesting.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
work shortages
Great group of people and fun to work with.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2014
I worked all over BC Installing, Programming and testing Fire Alarm Systems. i manage Large and small jobs alike. got to work with a great number of people in our company and out side it. It was a great place to work and to learn.
Pros
great group to work with and for.
Cons
last muniute travel with only hours notice.
Poorly managed
Appentice Sprinkler Fitter (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 7, 2013
I was excited to join the Simplex Grinnell team. Their name in the industry was great. Turns out I had joined a small outfit in Grande Prairie that was poorly managed, very busy, and moral wasn't the best. They had 2 main problems. Lack of leadership with no support from their main office in Edmonton and lack of competent personnel.
Nice place to work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 6, 2013
This was more of a data entry job. It was busy but there was no challenge. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was that there was no challenge but it was a busy department.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
not challenging enough, same thing every day
Excellent supportive working environment.
Integrated Systems Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2012
The office is well organized and goal oriented. Co-workers were available and willing to help out. The training program is one of the best availalble and covers all aspects of the role.
A big company lots of nice people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
More of a data entry position no challenge
Long days
Large company hard to meet people
Cons
same thing every day
Clean, safe and good people to work with
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delta, B.CMay 17, 2014
I was responsible for all facets of the Warehouse including purchasing parts and supplies. I had one person working for me. I really enjoy working with numbers
Good company to gain work experience
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2012
Had the responsibility of inputting contracts into the Ace and Progen systems. Learned to pay attention to small details.
Great people, Low Moral
Fire alarm/ Sprinkler Inspection Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2013
It was all around a great place to work, Moral was low all over the place.
Alarm and Detection Inspector/Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2013
Very welcoming team