SimplexGrinnell Employee Reviews

Best company I've been with
Fire Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2017
I worked for simplex for 5 years. There was never a bad day. I looked forward to going to work, I made myself available after work for calls too. I regret quitting, and I did hear that things went downhill after I left.
Pros
good pay
Cons
gps, they sometimes smoked inside the back dock and in the office.
Tres bon personnelle
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Probablement la meilleure equipe avec qui j'ai eu l'honneur de travailler, mon manager immediat etait un peu sous qualifier pour le domaine.Tyco est vraiment le compagnie type qui est rendu trop grosse pour etre efficace dans tout les marcher.
Pros
Tres belle equipe
Cons
Difficile de completer les projets
Bonne compagnie
Senior Sales Representative, Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
Tres belle environnemment de travail salaire agreable sauf qu'il etait dans un tournant informatique difficile,
Pros
salaire
Cons
Difficile a suivre
Easy to acquire training, interesting work with sense of accomplishment
Fire Alarm Inspector (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL29 June 2016
company had no structure in the middle managers, employees were expected to make decisions, managers rarely had a background of the business or company, or anything to do with managing... the numbers were all that counted no matter what the customer actually thought...

I hear it has changed a bit.... best coworkers I ever met
hardest part of the job was unrealistic deadlines...
Pros
great experience with new technology, great place to learn life safety business
Cons
always felt like I would be some managers escape goat, even getting calls after I finished saying I took private company info
fast paced environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MA21 May 2016
your requirements of your job function are sometimes not realistic. supervisors are underqualified. no room for advancement fast turn over rate.
Pros
different shifts availbe
Cons
no money
SimplexGrinnell Review
EIT - Sprinkler Systems Designer II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2015
I liked the environment and the co-workers at this employment, I felt a sense of welcoming by co-workers at this employment. I found certain aspects of the job enticing and challenging at the same time. \i got along well with management at this position
A very stressful underpaid job
Receptionist/ Document Control/ Billing/ Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2015
I can not say I have not learned a lot at Simplex Grinnell, started off as a receptionist, went into document control, then billing, then accounts receivable. Jumped all over the place, although it was not a very sane place to be working. If someone quite or got fired, they would not hire someone knew they would put the responsibility on all the other co workers.
Great group of people and fun to work with.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 November 2014
I worked all over BC Installing, Programming and testing Fire Alarm Systems. i manage Large and small jobs alike. got to work with a great number of people in our company and out side it. It was a great place to work and to learn.
Pros
Great group to work with and for.
Cons
Last muniute travel with only hours notice.
Fun place to work good benifits
Preventative Maintenance Agreement Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2014
Very large company, which has a lot of benefits of being able to offer more than smaller fire protection companies. However, since it is so large, corporate sometimes pushed ideas that may not have been well thought out. However, with Tyco integrated security and Simplex Grinnell merging into one company. I think it will simplify things.
Pros
Fast paced company lots of opportunity
Cons
Sometimes the corporate structure was too rigid.
Amazing employees and management!
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray3 June 2014
An enjoyable place to work. I learned how to multi task more effectively and efficiently. The management was very supportive. The employees worked well together. The hardest part of the job would have to be not enough staff in office to take on some of the responsibilities. The most enjoyable part would be the camaraderie.
Pros
Training available
Cons
needed more staff
Clean, safe and good people to work with
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delta, B.C17 May 2014
I was responsible for all facets of the Warehouse including purchasing parts and supplies. I had one person working for me. I really enjoy working with numbers
Poorly managed
Appentice Sprinkler Fitter (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 November 2013
I was excited to join the Simplex Grinnell team. Their name in the industry was great. Turns out I had joined a small outfit in Grande Prairie that was poorly managed, very busy, and moral wasn't the best. They had 2 main problems. Lack of leadership with no support from their main office in Edmonton and lack of competent personnel.
horrible place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2013
terrible culture
horrific wages
no support
extreme pressure and deadlines
whole company is run extremely "lean"
Pros
Cons
sweat shop type atmosphere
Great people, Low Moral
Fire alarm/ Sprinkler Inspection Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2013
It was all around a great place to work, Moral was low all over the place.
A big company lots of nice people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2013
More of a data entry position no challenge
Long days
Large company hard to meet people
Cons
Same thing every day
Learned a lot from this experience.
Service Supervisor Atlantic Canada (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 May 2013
Sales and Service, not my cup of tea. Would not recommend this place to any of my colleagues.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
Nice place to work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario6 May 2013
This was more of a data entry job. It was busy but there was no challenge. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was that there was no challenge but it was a busy department.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
Not challenging enough, same thing every day
Alarm and Detection Inspector/Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2013
Very welcoming team
Hours of work are great
Work accommodation is fantastic
great company
Sprinkler System Installer (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta27 February 2013
working in northern canada cold with a lot of dry systems.traveling to different cities in the area for new projects was interesting.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
work shortages
Good company to gain work experience
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2012
Had the responsibility of inputting contracts into the Ace and Progen systems. Learned to pay attention to small details.