SimplexGrinnell

SimplexGrinnell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great group of people and fun to work with.
Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: great group to work with and for.
Cons: last muniute travel with only hours notice.
I worked all over BC Installing, Programming and testing Fire Alarm Systems. i manage Large and small jobs alike. got to work with a great number of people in our company and out side it. It was a great place to work and to learn.
Fun place to work good benifits
Preventative Maintenance Agreement Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2014
Pros: fast paced company lots of opportunity
Cons: sometimes the corporate structure was too rigid.
Very large company, which has a lot of benefits of being able to offer more than smaller fire protection companies. However, since it is so large, corporate sometimes pushed ideas that may not have been well thought out. However, with Tyco integrated security and Simplex Grinnell merging into one company. I think it will simplify things.
Amazing employees and management!
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJune 3, 2014
Pros: training available
Cons: needed more staff
An enjoyable place to work. I learned how to multi task more effectively and efficiently. The management was very supportive. The employees worked well together. The hardest part of the job would have to be not enough staff in office to take on some of the responsibilities. The most enjoyable part would be the camaraderie.
Clean, safe and good people to work with
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Delta, B.CMay 17, 2014
I was responsible for all facets of the Warehouse including purchasing parts and supplies. I had one person working for me. I really enjoy working with numbers
horrible place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2013
Cons: sweat shop type atmosphere
terrible culture
horrific wages
no support
extreme pressure and deadlines
whole company is run extremely "lean"
A big company lots of nice people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Cons: same thing every day
More of a data entry position no challenge
Long days
Large company hard to meet people
Learned a lot from this experience.
Service Supervisor Atlantic Canada (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful work environment
Sales and Service, not my cup of tea. Would not recommend this place to any of my colleagues.
Alarm and Detection Inspector/Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2013
Very welcoming team
Hours of work are great
Work accommodation is fantastic
Good company to gain work experience
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2012
Had the responsibility of inputting contracts into the Ace and Progen systems. Learned to pay attention to small details.
Excellent supportive working environment.
Integrated Systems Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2012
The office is well organized and goal oriented. Co-workers were available and willing to help out. The training program is one of the best availalble and covers all aspects of the role.
Fast paced work enviroment, set on reaching financial goals.
Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2012
Pros: rewarding lunches
Cons: blame game
I enjoyed working with many people at SimplexGrinnell, most were very welcoming andhelpful when needed. I had the oppotunity to expand my knowledge of shipping and recieving. I also worked with creating purchase orders and learnt a great amount of security product. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things and working with others to – more... complete any tasks. The least enjoyable part of my job would be the micro-managment. I am a very capable and trust worthy person who will complete any task given with proper instructions. – less
Fast Paced Service Industry
Service Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great staff, good compensation & benefits
Cons: lack of interaction between management and the rest of the staff
I began with this company as a reception and then was promoted to support the sales staff. On a daily basis, I would help put together RFP's for bids on sprinker & fire alarm systems.

After about 6 months I was promoted to Service Coordinator. In this position I was responsible for taking service calls, created a job number and finding a tech to send – more... to location.

Management did not play a role in my daily acitivities although they were friendly. The co-workers were great to work with a good comradery was built amongst us.

The hardest part of the job when I left this company was trying to fill all of the service calls when technicians were already on other jobs. We also went through a merging of two companies which had it's challenges initially.

The most enjoyable part was that the staff was very friendly and always willing to help one another. I also enjoyed being challenged on a daily basis. – less
u have to walk on glass
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2012
Cons: watch your back
typical day good, i learned alot. management some were good and some ???. co-workers are good. hardest part of job is every monday. enjoyable part of job going home after work
Enjoyable work envirorment
Planned Maintenance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2014
Pros: love sales
Cons: pricing a major issue
Identifying prospecting new customers, develop conversion opportunities while conducting four to five face to face meetings with potential customers daily. I have learned the art of core selling and the importance of team work. The most enjoyable part of my job is no two days are alike, I could meet with high level engineers down to maintenance supervisors, – more... Higher Ed board of directors to facility managers. – less
Financially Focused Organization
Employee (Current Employee), United StatesDecember 3, 2014
SimplexGrinnell is a large organization, with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Even though they provide life safety services, employees must remember first and foremost that the primary goal of the organization (straight from the mission statement!) is to "Show Value for Shareholders."
This means that the primary objective is to make money - not – more... to protect life and property as one would expect. – less
Solid Company to work for
Service Resource Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Westminster, MADecember 3, 2014
Pros: close to where i lived, excellent pay, and super manager to work for
Cons: healthcare costs
My supervisory role was extremely busy and very rewarding. I resolved daily issues brought to my attention by both district offices and my employees. I valued working with my team of employees...whatever they brought to my attention I would work to get answers for them. My manager was the best manager...I worked for him for approximately 9 years and – more... I respected him very much. – less
Good place to work.
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: excellent support from team and management.
Cons: corporate enviroment.
Challenging and rewarding.
Clean comfortable work place.
Team, management and HR are excellent.
Fun place to work
Senior Programmer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: vehicle, cell phone, laptop
Cons: growth
Service the proprietary fire alarm system.
Fire alarm codes and regulations
Management is very professional and business oriented
Built a solid relationship with all of the technicians.
Hardest part was leaving the job.
I loved how we were like family in the office I had worked out of.
Good learning opportunity
Cash Applications Clerk (Current Employee), Westminster, MAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: many opportunities to provide community services
Cons: minimal raises
I learned a lot about using computers to perform daily duties. I work with a great group of people who work well as a team.
Big Company thats fast paced
Inspector (Current Employee), Harriman, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: garenteed work
Cons: long hours, no encentive, poor compensation
I enjoy being an inspector. Its something new and challenging each day. I have learned a lot working for this company that I am truly grateful for. I am just looking for something more. More advancement and more of a family run style place where your work and experience is valued.

1 2 3 4 5

About SimplexGrinnell

This company does more than simply grin at the thought of fire and security risks, it does something about it. SimplexGrinnell, – Read more