Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

the
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts5 May 2017
Overall great company to work for. I have enjoyed my experience here. A multitude of opportunities. Excellent organization to work for. Really enjoyed my experience.
Good
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 April 2017
Was a good company to work for. There was not much room for advancement and very hard to get to know the management team. Good benefits and times off.
Good
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NY18 April 2017
Company has high expectations, multiple fields to get into, internal advancement is possible. Some lack of organization between departments, decline of retail industry
Fun, Fast-paced environment
Assistant Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  California13 April 2017
Must be able to deal with multiple projects at a time
Must think on your toes and be able to problem solve quickly
Must be sales driven and have a desire to develop and enhance creative marketing campaigns to drive traffic for the center
Passion in event planning and execution is a must
Policy driven atmosphere
Great local passionate Management staff
Great exposure to community officials and local business owners
Lack of training and development- must be resourceful
Lease Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 April 2017
Super great place, nice boss. Lots of help provided from management and staff. Recommended field, great place to grow and find your passion. Lots of attention to employees of town.
Nothing came easy
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  New Jersey8 April 2017
The supervisors instilled fear while there.. Screamed at you every chance they got.. Pay was a joke & so were the raises.. Benefits were outstanding though.. After awhile all 15 minute breaks were taken away. Simon wanted every last ounce out of you before they kicked you to the curve.. Nothing every came easy there was outside year around.. Sad to say nothing was enjoyable about Simon.. Always a struggle to get the proper things to work with..
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
everything else
Productive and very well organized work place
IT Support / Network Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 April 2017
A typical day at work was 9 to 5 but it was flexible for me because I was still attending classes. I learned about Cisco and all other aspects of IT Support. The management and the workplace was great and helped and encouraged me every step of the way until I understood what I was doing. The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in the culture of they do things when I first got there. After a few weeks some of the coworkers became my best friends. The most enjoyable part was to learn all the different things and apply them in the real world settings where what I did had an impact on the customer and the company.
The best project manager I-ve Ever worked with
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY27 March 2017
often Freelance design jobs are a race against the clock but my time with Simon was anything but the was no stress and no "i need it now!" no matter how slow or fast I or the team that i worked with was.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
no longer standing
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CA19 March 2017
The guest service information booth is no longer there but I had a great time working there. the people were wonderful and have had a great time working there.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ19 March 2017
Fast paced environment, with many friendly coworkers always willing to help, flexible when it come to time off, lots of opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
Its in a mall
Cons
You are required to do more than what is included in your job description
Fun Place to Work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CT16 March 2017
Great company to work for! Small office with tight knit team that works for much larger company. Many company policies to learn and highly audited. Great for self-starter! Loved the humor in the office. Loved working with my Food Truck tenants!
Pros
Close to the Lindt Chocolate Store :-)
Cons
Too many stores to shop at! lol
Terrible place to work due to the Managment team.
Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA8 March 2017
Very very unprofessional Managment. Subcontractors are treated better than employees. And if u give a 2 wk notice to leave make sure you use all your vacation time. You will not be paid out for it. Worst company I've ever worked for. The KOP mall Managment are all a**holes that think their 💩 doesn't stink..
Pros
Zero!
KOP mall management=amateurs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  King of prussia7 March 2017
If I knew going in that I would be working for s bunch of egotistical armatures I would stayed at my last job...by all means steer clear from this company!
Pros
Cons
Top to bottom a horrible compant
career in a Project Management (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ7 March 2017
I worked here for 5 years. About 90% of my time was spent in the field traveling across the country managing the opening of 11 malls and over 800 tenant stores. I never missed a grand opening date, and got along with all of my coworkers seamlessly.
Intense and fast past environment. Great place for young, educated people wanting to advance their career- but you must be very patient.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN1 February 2017
If you have the drive and an aggressive, positive approach, this could be the place for you. Advancement comes to those with a good education, great technical skills and the willingness to always go above and beyond. Bring your patience, advancement will be slow but rewarding. Switch departments as often as you can to learn the business. This will make you more valuable as an employee to management.
Supervisors don't care about employees
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Coddingtown mall ,santa rosa ca.31 January 2017
If your looking for a job that has chance for improvement Simon isn't it ,it's a dead end job ,no bonuses,no Christmas bonuses,
Fast paced and intense. This job is perfect for ladder climbers and those who live for their job.
Legal Collections Attorney (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 January 2017
Simon Property Group is one of the most fast paced, competitive and intense work environments one could ask for. It is unapologetic in its approach to being the biggest and strongest player in the commercial real estate game. Working there is not for the thin-skinned or faint of heart. If you are driven, interested in making money and working with the best in the business, with some of the most aggressive, intense and brilliant minds in this industry, then SPG is for you.
Dont depend on making a living!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ12 January 2017
This job has no benefits. There are no areas for advancement. However there is job security, they won't fire you (unless you do something illegal of course) But they hold on to workers because they know the pay is awful and the turnover is high due to people finding better jobs. This is a stepping stone job. Do not think you will make a living from a 4hr shift 12-20hr work week. This company has the funds to pay well but they do not! If you are a recent high school grad, retiring,or looking for pocket money this job is for you.
Pros
the experience of working independently at a high volume front desk
Cons
pay, lack of hour offered, no benefits, poor management
Great Company
Director of Marketing and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA5 January 2017
Simon Property Group is a great company to work for! Lots of room for advancement. Great benefits, training and corporate management.
What happened?
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Rather not say20 December 2016
They don't care about their employees. But does any company that large care? Probably not. I gave more than 10 years to Simon. I was proud to work there because I cared about my own performance. It was fun for a long while. But really the company does not care unless you can bring in money. Or if you are really great at throwing shade, smoke and mirrors to get ahead. Shallow and superficial. I guess I am much deeper than that. I learned a lot working for Simon. A lot about what NOT to do. It's a great job but not a place where you want to have a career unless you are a jerk face. Don't bother unless you use them for a stepping stone.
Pros
Learned a lot about a big corporate monster
Cons
Learned a lot about a big corporate minster

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9