Simon Property Group

Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional Company that encourages their employee's to be the best professional that they can be.
LOCAL LEASING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2016
Pros: Support and encouragement
Simon Property Group encourages employee's to work hard and supports each individual employee in achieving their goals. They promote within which is empowering to every employee.
Simon is a bad company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), WashingtonFebruary 3, 2016
I would not recommend any part time positions from a Simon mall. They are making a lot of changes in the way they do business, which involves letting go of a lot of employees without notice.
Guest services
Guest Services representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Too many to list
Thank goodness I left when I did. Job started off tolerable but when I was up for a raise then I was told I had to wait another 6 months. Finally got approved for a raise but didnt kick in for 4 months and they didnt want to retro pay me the difference. So I finally decided to leave. Now I found out they had a meeting and fired the whole department with no notice. This company is thw worse place I've ever worked for.
Fast Paced Environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 29, 2015
I worked for this company during a six month internship. My manager provided me with significant feedback, and I was given a lot of autonomy to perform my tasks. All of the employees were friendly and helpful.
Best place I ever worked.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Kittery, MENovember 21, 2015
It was probably the best job I ever had. The staff was dedicated to keeping the property in stellar condition and they taught me to do that and encouraged me in my career.
Duties
CORPORATE TAX ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2015
Kind of a boring job, if you enjoy doing the same thing day in and day out this is the job for you. I prefer to dabble here and there not being pigeon holed to just doing one thing day in and day out.
Great Company to Work For
Specialty Leasing Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2015
Good benefits and culture. The largest developer in the mall business. Most cases you must relocate to advance.

Great job to consider if you like to meet and work with diverse group of people,
Exciting job with inefficient upper management lacking in professional communication
Director of Marketing and Business Development (Current Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 15, 2015
Great company overall with lots of advancement opportunities. However, they do not treat the Director of Marketing and Business Development position with the respect it deserves. Upper management is still run like a family business with people in charge who are borderline abusive with their communications. These people make it hard to do everyday work. When they are not involved, the rest of the team is pleasant and allows for fun and rewarding opportunities. It is a fast paced career with a lot of potential to learn and grow professionally...if you can survive the leadership of certain individuals.
good manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St George, VTOctober 12, 2015
Pros: by yourself
Cons: by yourself
The manager was very nice and easy to deal with but the owners were very demanding. First of all what bothered me when they put a big screen tv by the cash register showing only the cashier and cash register and it was very insulting to my character when customers would come up and see that and make comments and it was very humiliating,and then you couldn't eat anything in front of customers when you are the only one there for 9 hours! And closing up at night by myself was scary
Never working for this company again
Customer Service (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: None
The work environment was terrible. When I wss first hired, I had a good manager, then she was promoted and they promoted the newest hire, and youngest prison to be the manager. She wad terrible, and wouldn't hire anyone, which forced me to close 6 nights a week and she would not pitch in. The pay is terrible, and the outlet stays open for all holidays except Christmas, and the employees are forced to work all holidays. Before Christmas the debit machine went down, and to my knowledge, they have not replaced it. The computer software and hardware was so out of date, it felt like a time warp.
Also, the management office messed up my w-4 paperwork, and never did anything about it, I had to email corporate payroll myself to get anything done and it still took over a month to get my first check!
Great Company but very poor management
Assistant (Current Employee), IndianapolisJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Pay and Benefits
Cons: Poor management and accountability
No management structure or accountability. Company of great longevity definitely should be more involved in department structure when it comes to management.
Working
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2015
The Melbourne Square mall a different then any job that you would ever work for it has its ups and downs, the pay is low and the demands are high.
Worst Company to Work For
Office Administrator (Current Employee), CaliforniaJune 11, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Working here, unfair treatment, salary/corporate employees and hourly employees, expected to work holidays, expected to do other's work, while you get a small paycheck, very stressful, impossible expectations, feeling like you stepped back in time to the 60's, 70's when it comes to treatment and software
If you like working tons of over time, working holiday's while the salary and corporate people have all holiday's off plus the day before and after, if you like working in a demoralizing, demeaning, retaliatory, harassing and insulting culture - then this is the perfect job for you.

The Office Administrator position is horrible to be in, you do everyone's job, work tons of over time, you are a supervisor, but you receive no respect or benefits as the rest of the managers do.

Simon is not a family friendly company at all - they expect you to put them first at all times. The management usually has no clue how to do their job or what to do, so that is where the office administrator comes into play, you get to do all their work and they get the pay and benefits for it (not to mention the praise and respect).

All I can say is just RUN!!!! Do not work for this company unless you are into this type of culture and abuse.
Challenging, fast paced changing environment
VP FINANCIAL SYSTEM INTEGRATION (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2015
Challenging, fast paced environment. Good working relationships with co-workers.

Typical day was consulting with business teams and IT teams working on implementing new budgeting and forecasting software.
Easy job with great people
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 3, 2015
Pros: flexible in/out times
Cons: dealing with disgruntled guests
Spend a few hours in the Guest Services Booth dealing with mall guests. Check out wheelchairs, sell giftcards, direct to stores. Fulfill corporate giftcards orders. Hire and train new staff members.
Manage the Kidgits Club. Plan & organize weekend events for children.
Working in the booth is extremely easy, although it does get frustrating to hear the same questions/complaints 50 times a day. Not a lot of room for advancement unless you're willing to relocate.
Great First Job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Santa RosaMay 1, 2015
This is a great first job but there are no opportunities to further advance within the company and they do not give any raises.
Awesome Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLApril 23, 2015
It's an awesome job and the people I work with are great. I enjoy interacting with the customers and being able to help them out on a face to face level.
High Expectations little training
Operations Director (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours no support
Upper Management demands are hard to achieve. Lack of support and quick to throw you under the bus!! Long hours and no time to use your vacation or other time.
Ha, I see they're looking for yet another manager for Brea
Security Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CaliforniaApril 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Read the review
Perhaps the worst corporate culture since the firing squad. I know many people will take what they can get these days, just be prepared to sell you soul and watch out for the back stabbers.

A typical day consists of watching your back for ladder climbers that will throw you in front of the bus they are driving.

What I learned: Never to work for Simon again.

Management: HA. doing unreasonable stuff for morons is the best description.

Co-Workers: Mostly ladder climbing back stabbers, gossipers, and knitting club cat ladies.

Hardest Part of the Job: Wondering if you be fired every day or wanting to slit your wrists.

Most enjoyable part: There is nothing enjoyable about working for Simon.
Give great customer service to the mall guest.
Guest Service Representative/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
I help customers find what they are looking for. I help my co-workers out when they need help, we work as team. I am also the receptionist a few days out the week for mall management.
Headquarters