Simon Property Group

Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

no longer standing
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CA19 March 2017
The guest service information booth is no longer there but I had a great time working there. the people were wonderful and have had a great time working there.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ19 March 2017
Fast paced environment, with many friendly coworkers always willing to help, flexible when it come to time off, lots of opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
Its in a mall
Cons
You are required to do more than what is included in your job description
Fun Place to Work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CT16 March 2017
Great company to work for! Small office with tight knit team that works for much larger company. Many company policies to learn and highly audited. Great for self-starter! Loved the humor in the office. Loved working with my Food Truck tenants!
Pros
Close to the Lindt Chocolate Store :-)
Cons
Too many stores to shop at! lol
Terrible place to work due to the Managment team.
Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA8 March 2017
Very very unprofessional Managment. Subcontractors are treated better than employees. And if u give a 2 wk notice to leave make sure you use all your vacation time. You will not be paid out for it. Worst company I've ever worked for. The KOP mall Managment are all a**holes that think their 💩 doesn't stink..
Pros
Zero!
KOP mall management=amateurs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  King of prussia7 March 2017
If I knew going in that I would be working for s bunch of egotistical armatures I would stayed at my last job...by all means steer clear from this company!
Pros
Cons
Top to bottom a horrible compant
career in a Project Management (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ7 March 2017
I worked here for 5 years. About 90% of my time was spent in the field traveling across the country managing the opening of 11 malls and over 800 tenant stores. I never missed a grand opening date, and got along with all of my coworkers seamlessly.
Intense and fast past environment. Great place for young, educated people wanting to advance their career- but you must be very patient.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN1 February 2017
If you have the drive and an aggressive, positive approach, this could be the place for you. Advancement comes to those with a good education, great technical skills and the willingness to always go above and beyond. Bring your patience, advancement will be slow but rewarding. Switch departments as often as you can to learn the business. This will make you more valuable as an employee to management.
Supervisors don't care about employees
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Coddingtown mall ,santa rosa ca.31 January 2017
If your looking for a job that has chance for improvement Simon isn't it ,it's a dead end job ,no bonuses,no Christmas bonuses,
Fast paced and intense. This job is perfect for ladder climbers and those who live for their job.
Legal Collections Attorney (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 January 2017
Simon Property Group is one of the most fast paced, competitive and intense work environments one could ask for. It is unapologetic in its approach to being the biggest and strongest player in the commercial real estate game. Working there is not for the thin-skinned or faint of heart. If you are driven, interested in making money and working with the best in the business, with some of the most aggressive, intense and brilliant minds in this industry, then SPG is for you.
Dont depend on making a living!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ12 January 2017
This job has no benefits. There are no areas for advancement. However there is job security, they won't fire you (unless you do something illegal of course) But they hold on to workers because they know the pay is awful and the turnover is high due to people finding better jobs. This is a stepping stone job. Do not think you will make a living from a 4hr shift 12-20hr work week. This company has the funds to pay well but they do not! If you are a recent high school grad, retiring,or looking for pocket money this job is for you.
Pros
the experience of working independently at a high volume front desk
Cons
pay, lack of hour offered, no benefits, poor management
Great Company
Director of Marketing and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA5 January 2017
Simon Property Group is a great company to work for! Lots of room for advancement. Great benefits, training and corporate management.
What happened?
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Rather not say20 December 2016
They don't care about their employees. But does any company that large care? Probably not. I gave more than 10 years to Simon. I was proud to work there because I cared about my own performance. It was fun for a long while. But really the company does not care unless you can bring in money. Or if you are really great at throwing shade, smoke and mirrors to get ahead. Shallow and superficial. I guess I am much deeper than that. I learned a lot working for Simon. A lot about what NOT to do. It's a great job but not a place where you want to have a career unless you are a jerk face. Don't bother unless you use them for a stepping stone.
Pros
Learned a lot about a big corporate monster
Cons
Learned a lot about a big corporate minster
Decent job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY1 December 2016
Ok place to work. Some things could be better. Pay isn't that great considering the fact that more work is added to your load daily. I don't want to discuss it further.
Fun fun fun!
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX8 September 2016
I operated their golf carts while attending school and it was super fun! It had its moments of disappointment as any job does but mostly, I enjoyed it. The tips were my moneymaker and I met so many people, I built networks into other future employment opportunities. I cannot say I would work this job again because the atmosphere has changed. When I worked there, I worked amongst such a strong community between us shuttle operators, the mall security team and store employees. Everyone has moved on but I will never forget it.
Pros
Tips and friendships.
Cons
Wages, no benefits or room for advancement.
Lack luster and abusive management tactics
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA25 August 2016
DO NOT bother going to work for this place. The douchebag managers are over glorified salesmen with the arrogance to boot. Even the interview is lack luster. They won't give you time of day, in fact I think they are bigots there. If you value a true career do not bother yourself at the Del Amo location.
Pros
The mall access is right outside
Its a Job
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN9 August 2016
If you are looking for a place to get work. and need to learn future skills and would need to be able to get ahead. this is a great place there is no upward movement for the tech side.
Pros
Ok place
Cons
no upward movement
I have been challenged in my position from the first day.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN30 June 2016
Simon Corporate is very hands-off, preferring each property to operate as an independent entity. They offer very little training to incoming, new employees. As a new Office Administrator coming in to the company at a property that operated without an Office Administrator for 3-4 months, I was given very little guidance or training. I was given the phone number of an OA at another property and the access to the Company's Policies and Procedures and told I could research and find everything I needed to effectively perform the duties required of my position. I rose to the challenge, quickly learned my position, and resolved many Accounts Receivables issues that had grown out of hand during the time with no OA on staff. During this time period, I implemented a new system for Procurement and Accounts Payable very smoothly and with virtually none of the issues that can arise when dealing with a brand new policy dealing with vendors and invoices. After only 8 months in my new position I became a Point of Contact for other Office Administrators and Mall Managers.
Pros
work independently, sarisfaction in self-development
Cons
absense of connection between Corporate and local property, in 3 plus years with the company only 2 Regional VP visits (standard is supposed to be quarterly)
I would never recommend working here.
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Maine, ME18 May 2016
I worked for this company for over a year. My first day there I knew something was off about the environment. I worked in a small mall with no other SPG malls for miles. Within the first few months the office administrator was bullying me mercilessly. The Marketing Director seems nice at first, but as soon as she doesn't like something that you do, she'll turn her back on you and completely throw you under the bus. The mall manager acts like he's all action, but never fully looks at the whole picture of a situation to make a solid conclusion. After being told how I was being treated by the OA, he did nothing. He doesn't stand up for his employees and only tries to cover his own interests. Nearly everyone I met at this company was this way. After getting sick of the environment, I contacted HR. Instead of doing something about it themselves they let the VP's come up and investigate. They didn't try to make the situation more positive, they essentially just said, "make it better or else". Well, it didn't get better. This is not the first time they've had HR related issues either. The Marketing Director was all too willing to tell me about the previous two incidents they'd had before me. This was during my first week. Good luck to the next person in that position; you're going to need it.
Pros
Not working here
Cons
HR is not helpful, work environment is unnecessarily stressful, no real training program, vague job description so they can pile on the work, coworkers that belittle you to build themselves up
Great Desk job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CA6 May 2016
Typically a days work as a Simon property group Guest service representative at Desert Hills Premium Outlets is very easy going.
You just have to deal with a lot of foreigners and tourist.
The co-workers are awesome. Great first desk job, great addition to your resume. Hardest part is the extras, like the paperwork, gift card handling, and the horrible computers they provide us with.
Most enjoyable part is interacting with customers.
Pros
Great Lunch breaks & as many short breaks you need
Cons
No benefits
Professional Company that encourages their employee's to be the best professional that they can be.
LOCAL LEASING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO15 April 2016
Simon Property Group encourages employee's to work hard and supports each individual employee in achieving their goals. They promote within which is empowering to every employee.
Pros
Support and encouragement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9