Simon Property Group

Simon Property Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome Place to Work!!!
Guess Services Associate/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2014
Everyone is nice in the company and very professional. Coworkers and I will work as a team.
Laid back yet demanding atmosphere.
Customer Care Specialist and Trainer (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 13, 2014
The office can be very slow and not have any work to do, so we could relax and talk to coworkers, but when customers came in the atmosphere immediately changed and we would go above and beyond to try and please all customers.
Great
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee), TXMay 13, 2014
I really enjoy working for this company! I work for a great property that has wonderful management team!
A very fun and interactive place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, MNMay 2, 2014
Management and workers worked very well together and listened to one another. Every day was enjoyable and productive. We all wanted to bring the best overall experience and service to our customers.
Writer Position
Style Setter Blogger (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 22, 2014
Cons: not much direction from team.
Write 5 blogs a month on the styles and events of Wolfchase Galleria.
Helping customers over the phone or in person
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Livingston, NJMarch 3, 2014
Pros: easy, helping people and answering their questions
Cons: benefits, hours were limited because of mall hours
Selling mall giftcards, answering phone calls, directing people around the mall, and worked along with seurity
Hard Work!
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee), LincolnwoodFebruary 25, 2014
All aspects of commercial property marketing and administration at the Lincolnwood Town Center
Horrible corporate culture
Lease Analyst - Cash Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, as long as your work was completed
Cons: entire corporate culture
Great pay and benefits, but that's where it ends. I received little to no training. It's a sink or swim culture. Very high turnover. Employee moral was very low.
Productive and wonderful environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2014
I enjoy this company. The management is wonderful and I am alotted a lot of freedom of creation.
Good Job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 12, 2013
Pros: meet many new people, and great learning experience
Cons: not paid enough for the work
This is a great job to get you started in customer service and sales. It is a very hard job, and a lot of things to remember. Overall not a bad place to work.
Great company!
Office Administrator - Barton Creek Square (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 12, 2013
Pros: get to go to the mall everyday!
Cons: get to go to the mall everday!
Typical office hours with great staff and busy days. Always something new to learn, either corporately or locally. Management is very efficient and knowledgeable.
Family Oriented, but Terrible Management
Office Administrator (Former Employee), IndianaNovember 1, 2013
Concerns are not listened to by upper management, even when sent to HR. Issues in the office left unaddressed.

Understanding of personal/children illness and doctor appointments.
Loyal Work Place
Asst Director of Mrkting & Business Development (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: to grow in the company you had to move far away
• Great place to grow personally and work experience
• Co-workers became family, who I still keep intouch with
• Management pushed each employee to maximize skills and become very valuable team players
Interesting meeting challenges
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHOctober 12, 2013
Pros: steady work/days
Cons: no overtime
A typical day at work is inspecting the property, discussing new and outstanding issues with the upper management, security personel and housekeeping. I am leaving this company with new knowledge of the business side of contracting, management, warranty and many other aspects of running a large complex. All management and co-workers are pleasant to – more... work with as a team. I don't consider any part of my job " hard", only a new challenge/experience to learn & master. The most enjoyable part of my job is the respect I receive from all co-workers & tenants alike.I truly enjoy my job. – less
Culture of Fear
Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2013
Senior management is very tenured and old school. Change does not happen easily. Company operates on fear.
Good
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Laguna Hills, CASeptember 26, 2013
It was an easy job. I told guests where stores were if they asked. I sold gift cards to people who wanted them.
Nepotism, poor upper management, local stress
Marketing (Former Employee), OhioSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: good bonus opportunity
Cons: long hours, unreasonable demands on time, disconnected and "old boys club" upper management
I left this company because I wanted to be a marketing director - I ended up a media salesperson. While the stores pay the marketing director's salary and fund marketing efforts, only about 2% of the fees paid by those stores actually goes to marketing, and that's about as much time as we were given to market them as well.
Simon cares about marketing – more... the Simon brand.You get ahead by being an automaton and following their rules, working 15 hour days and 7 day weeks, and kissing up to the right people.
Upper management and corporate associates are, for the most part, completely disconnected from the realities of the field. They have no idea what the retail environment in most of their markets is really like, and when they DO visit a local market,it is to berate and belittle the local team,not to learn from them.
RUN from this company. – less
Leading REIT and Property Management Company
Lease Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules, accessible managers
A very collaborative atmosphere of dedicated professionals, with common goals and objectives. I have been exposed to all levels of management in the company and have been made to feel that my opinions and comments matter.
Good learning experience
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Northshore MallAugust 27, 2013
Simon Property Group has helped my customer service and people interaction skills. Also the hours were very flexible, as I was a student until recently, in addition to having another job.
Shopping center developer / owner.
General Manager (Former Employee), Various LocationsAugust 19, 2013
Accepting an employment offer and deciding to work for this company was the best decision I had made up to that point in my career.

My employment allowed me to advance my career to include multiple property management overseeing two regional enclosed malls and adjacent community centers as well as a total staff of approximately 60 employees. These – more... expanded responsibilities also allowed me to travel every two weeks for an approximate 2 - 3 day duration. – less

1 2 3

About Simon Property Group

Simon says: "Shop!" And millions do. Simon Property Group is the largest shopping mall and retail center owner in the US, with – Read more