Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TX16 August 2017
The pay is trash,to much work not enough pay or advancement. No hours. Not enough hours given to make a decent check. If your think about working for this company, don't do it complete waste of time and energy!! Management is rude and wants you to do their job for them .
No advancement opportunities
Certified Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN14 August 2017
The work was fast paced. I enjoyed interacting with the tenants and the attorneys we used. Management waivered between unprofessional and competent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the atmosphere of the employees.
Pros
I liked dealing with the tenants
Cons
Atmosphere
Good people
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Doral, FL5 August 2017
Good benefits and people that work at the company. They work you, deadlines are always running late, not as much training as could be given. Good support from other managers .
Pros
People
Cons
Work hours. Retails
Stable corporate environment
Director of Marketing & Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 August 2017
SPG is a stable commercial real estate company. There is a lot of opporutunity for career advancement & to further your career experience if you are willing to relocate. As a field employee, we often feel that there is a disconnect between decisions made at corporate and how they affect those in the field.
Strong company - great co-workers
Specialty Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 July 2017
Specialty Leasing at Simon was a challenging and rewarding job. Fast paced most days and your desk never got 100% cleared. Great training on new systems.
Pros
Great healthcare, great training on new systems, you never felt stranded.
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NY25 July 2017
I loved working as part of the management team. They are like a second family. I was always given addition responsibilities allowing me to increase my skill set. It was a great experience,
Great workplace culture
Operation Director Assistent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL18 July 2017
This company require a very fast passe every day, but you can count on very experiment management team if you have problem.
There is a guide for every procedure involving the day-by-day work
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No time for family
Easy Job, Pay and Management horrible
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains10 July 2017
This is a pretty easy job outside of the holidays. The pay however, is very low. Management should care a little more about their employees. More communication is necessary.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Pay, management
Outlet mall employees
Director of Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CA9 July 2017
In the beginning it was fun, fast passed and great place to work. Over the years the policies changed and SIMON shifted it's interested in making employees and shoppers comfortable. It was to make more money. Which I know is the companies job to make more money for the shareholders but they stopped carrying about what made them a great place to work for.
Terrible company to work for! Only in for themselves!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, IN8 July 2017
This is a terrible place to work for! the manager shelly bryant will give you a 500 page booklet. She will get angry if you ask questions before reading the book. 3 strikes and your out! You make more than 3 mistakes, she'll fire you! If you post anything that happens bad in the mall, and she finds out! She will fire you!
the
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts5 May 2017
Overall great company to work for. I have enjoyed my experience here. A multitude of opportunities. Excellent organization to work for. Really enjoyed my experience.
Good
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 April 2017
Was a good company to work for. There was not much room for advancement and very hard to get to know the management team. Good benefits and times off.
Good
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NY18 April 2017
Company has high expectations, multiple fields to get into, internal advancement is possible. Some lack of organization between departments, decline of retail industry
Fun, Fast-paced environment
Assistant Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  California13 April 2017
Must be able to deal with multiple projects at a time
Must think on your toes and be able to problem solve quickly
Must be sales driven and have a desire to develop and enhance creative marketing campaigns to drive traffic for the center
Passion in event planning and execution is a must
Policy driven atmosphere
Great local passionate Management staff
Great exposure to community officials and local business owners
Lack of training and development- must be resourceful
Lease Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 April 2017
Super great place, nice boss. Lots of help provided from management and staff. Recommended field, great place to grow and find your passion. Lots of attention to employees of town.
Nothing came easy
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  New Jersey8 April 2017
The supervisors instilled fear while there.. Screamed at you every chance they got.. Pay was a joke & so were the raises.. Benefits were outstanding though.. After awhile all 15 minute breaks were taken away. Simon wanted every last ounce out of you before they kicked you to the curve.. Nothing every came easy there was outside year around.. Sad to say nothing was enjoyable about Simon.. Always a struggle to get the proper things to work with..
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
everything else
Productive and very well organized work place
IT Support / Network Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 April 2017
A typical day at work was 9 to 5 but it was flexible for me because I was still attending classes. I learned about Cisco and all other aspects of IT Support. The management and the workplace was great and helped and encouraged me every step of the way until I understood what I was doing. The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in the culture of they do things when I first got there. After a few weeks some of the coworkers became my best friends. The most enjoyable part was to learn all the different things and apply them in the real world settings where what I did had an impact on the customer and the company.
The best project manager I-ve Ever worked with
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY27 March 2017
often Freelance design jobs are a race against the clock but my time with Simon was anything but the was no stress and no "i need it now!" no matter how slow or fast I or the team that i worked with was.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
no longer standing
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CA19 March 2017
The guest service information booth is no longer there but I had a great time working there. the people were wonderful and have had a great time working there.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ19 March 2017
Fast paced environment, with many friendly coworkers always willing to help, flexible when it come to time off, lots of opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
Its in a mall
Cons
You are required to do more than what is included in your job description

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9