Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CT6 December 2017
Nice, relaxed comfortable atmosphere to work in. Management team is great. Holiday time gets very busy with alot of customers coming into the office to purchase mall giftcards.
Fast paced fun place to work
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA5 December 2017
Very fast paced environment, lots to do, never ending tasks. But great challenges to prove yourself in the position with raises to complement it. Some weekends and Holidays are required. Holidays are extremely busy.
Overall Good place to work
Sr. Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 November 2017
Over all good place to work, but does not offer a good work life balance. Also, salaried employees go by the same guide lines as hourly paid employees.
Best Job I've ever had!!!
Files Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 November 2017
Simon is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are amazing. People who are hired on here STAY. This is my bread and butter job and I have no intention of leaving. I am just looking for a weekend leasing consultant position to increase my income.
Training and advancement available
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA31 October 2017
All of the Simon employees are friendly anf helpful which is good because there is a lot to learn but it is a fun process. Very stable company to work for with benefits.
Each office is different
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX18 September 2017
Office I was at has closed down. low salary for a lot of work, some mangers are ok, Fun office just horrible pay. Pay may be better at a corporate office
Pros
laid back
Cons
salary
Mail attentant
administrative assistant/support coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 September 2017
Fun place to work. Just that I had no room for advancement. I work in the mail room, when the regular attendance is on vacation and work in the maintenance department.
No Comment
Central Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  pentagon City, Arlington VA4 September 2017
Am not happy on the very slow resoponse/down play/reject to reports I make as regards to timely repair and maintenance of the equipment. This caused me to frasterate and stress. The Mall we have is technically a dying Mall.
Great part time job!
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WI30 August 2017
I got this job first as a seasonal position during the holidays. Once the holidays were done they asked me to stay on and honestly I never had a day where I felt like I was dreading work. I really loved this job!
Pays well, but tough environment
Vice President of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 August 2017
Tough and stressful work environment that required you to always be on top of your game. Excellent pay and benefits are two key factors why people work for Simon, but there is little to no work life balance.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Good place to gain exposure
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DE24 August 2017
Great people and environment, it is a great opportunity to learn the industry. Plenty of relocation opportunities if you are open to that. Definitely good benefits and pay for the amount of effort required.
Pros
great people, good environment
Cons
mall opportunities for advancement have been cut due to budget cuts
Review Summary
Legal Development Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN24 August 2017
Great learning experience and very much a change of pace from most jobs. Very detail oriented job. Work is always changing and providing new challenges.
Poor management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CA21 August 2017
It was an opportunity that I'm grateful for but I would never recommend anyone to work for Simon Property Group. Wages were on the lower end, not much cultural diversity.
Very busy and productive workday
Central Plant Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 August 2017
I am constantly busy with various tasks throughout the day from repairing carpet, lights and plumbing. In between times we are asked to stop what we are doing to get a major job done with all hands on deck. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what is going on so that we can schedule our tasks better. The camaraderie is great. Everyone has a great sense of humor.
Pros
1 hour lunch, free drinks
Cons
no room for advancement at location
Hateful Management
Mall Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 August 2017
For some reason, to be a RVP you have to be rude and think too highly of yourself.. Upper management dumps on them and it all flows downhill to the Mall Manager. Regional tells Mall Managers to continue to cut their budgets. This is money the retailers pay into for common area maintenance for flowers, customer service, safety, security, parking lot improvements, to keep the parking lot lights on, custodial, etc. No money to fix it, just paint it and go on. The pay is good if you want a corporation to own your life and soul. There is no workplace culture. The closest thing to a culture is the fear they push down on the malls each and every day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management; long hours; fear
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TX16 August 2017
The pay is trash,to much work not enough pay or advancement. No hours. Not enough hours given to make a decent check. If your think about working for this company, don't do it complete waste of time and energy!! Management is rude and wants you to do their job for them .
No advancement opportunities
Certified Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN14 August 2017
The work was fast paced. I enjoyed interacting with the tenants and the attorneys we used. Management waivered between unprofessional and competent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the atmosphere of the employees.
Pros
I liked dealing with the tenants
Cons
Atmosphere
Good people
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Doral, FL5 August 2017
Good benefits and people that work at the company. They work you, deadlines are always running late, not as much training as could be given. Good support from other managers .
Pros
People
Cons
Work hours. Retails
Stable corporate environment
Director of Marketing & Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 August 2017
SPG is a stable commercial real estate company. There is a lot of opporutunity for career advancement & to further your career experience if you are willing to relocate. As a field employee, we often feel that there is a disconnect between decisions made at corporate and how they affect those in the field.
Strong company - great co-workers
Specialty Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 July 2017
Specialty Leasing at Simon was a challenging and rewarding job. Fast paced most days and your desk never got 100% cleared. Great training on new systems.
Pros
Great healthcare, great training on new systems, you never felt stranded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.