Our food processing facility located in the GTA (north part of Toronto) is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor.
We are an established company and are fortunate to have a strong team that is committed to our continued growth and success. We produce a high quality fresh product and are proud to supply both the retail and food service sectors. The fresh aspect of our product results in tighter timeframes and creates added food safety challenges, and our ability to manage these distinguishes us from our competition. Our facility runs two shifts per day, 5 or 6 days per week (depending on our customers’ requirements), and the successful candidate will have rotating shifts (days and afternoons).
- Direct supervision of production employees, including scheduling and training employees, assigning duties, monitoring completion of duties and managing performance, motivating and leading team
- Enforce GMPs and workplace policies
- Promote safety and enforce safety procedures; identify and eliminate workplace hazards
- Minimize waste and maximize production efficiency, contributing to the continuous improvement of production processes
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing with 3 to 5 years in a supervisory role
- Grade 12 education required (or GED); post secondary education preferred
- Thorough understanding of food safety requirements with knowledge of GMPs, HACCP, GFSI, and health and safety regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with lean manufacturing an asset
We feel we have a great team and we want to make sure that continues. The successful candidate absolutely must be a real team player, and a great co-worker who treats others with respect regardless of position.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.