Simcoe Parts Service Inc. Employee Reviews

High turnaround, poorly managed.
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 November 2017
I worked there many years ago so I write this review a little out dated but judging by the current reviews, it seems nothing has changed. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with however the team leaders were the absolute worst. Very unsupported, very cruel to anyone new coming in. A very toxic environment filled with lifers who don't have the drive to do anything else or newer people who come and go so fast by the time you train them in their job their either flushed out or quit.
Pros
Good blue collar people to work with
Cons
Poorly managed, toxic environment from supervisors and team leaders
Shocking Hillbilly Company!
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON25 October 2017
Alas. where do I begin?

Nepotism, cronyism and favoritism seems to be the order of the day here.

Low pay, poor treatment

Shoddy training.............Poor benefits...... Exhaustive work........

The culture ..........sclerotic hopeless and downbeat, nothing works and nobody cares.

Good luck!................you will need it.
Pros
Cons
Endless
if I could I give this company O STARS
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Aliston19 October 2017
Job is ok at best. Management has no clue how to run a company.
Wages suck . Safety standards throw them out the door.not inforced by management unless somthing happens.
Vary unfair treatment unless ur realated or in the same click as team leaders and supervisors. Company finds ways to take money off your check. Benifits you pay for no choice in the matter. And they aren't worh what u pay for
Hard to get holidays, have stupid rules on that issue.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
poor treatment of workers wages are a joke management is non existing.
I pity you if you work here
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 June 2017
I work here for about 4 years
I kept my head down but saw many deporable actions from management
Work was extremely easy once your used to routines and some people are great to work with but the bullying here tends to keep all the good people looking for new jobs.
I ultimately left this job to look for better but not before making sure the ministry of labour had an idea of what kinda of dungeon they have. Sorry if you work there now or plan to in the future, you will need a tough skin and too kiss a lot of butt too survive.
Pros
Good people, cafeteria food
Cons
Management, endless overtime
Typical Day On The Job
Current Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 March 2017
The days go by quick as there are good people to work with. There are different processes to go through, forklift and tow buggy's. I like my team, we make it fun
Pros
good team, decent pay for work involved, rotations of shifts
Decent Work enivroment, morale needs inprovement
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 March 2017
While the line managers where friendly and helpful when needed the general employee moral was sub-par with hints of disregard for supervisory safety procedures.
Compared to others it's ok.
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON28 February 2017
The work can be physical, but you are also driving tugger and forklift.
The pay is about the same as every other place around here, but if you stay you get automatic raises every year. They also have attendance bonus which can add to your pay and all you have to do is go to work.
I think a lot of the reviews on here are kids that have not worked many real jobs. This is the way is works in the real world people.

This is the best job security around. With Honda, you know the company isn't going anywhere.

I moved out of town or I would still be working there.
Pros
Bonus, regular pay increase, drive equipment, stable job
Cons
Wished it paid more
Good team
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 February 2017
Good people to work with, wages are comparable to other similar places I have worked. Attendance bonuses are an easy extra few bucks and add up quickly!!
Pros
Cafeteria, bonuses, freedom, people
Cons
rotating shifts
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Alliston, Ontario9 February 2017
Good place to work, good people and pretty easy work.
Wage is comparable to other warehouse/manufacturing rolls, and good bonuses just for showing up.

My section leader was fair, and easy to get along with and the supervisor was always available to help.
Pros
Team, friendly atmosphere, ability to grow
Horrible Management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON26 January 2017
Management never keeps to their promises that they make to their staff And do not listen to concerns or care and expect way to much for what they pay and if you dont follow what they want they wi write you up...Very bad turn around in the workplace and lots of time will not pay you correct like hours,etc
Pros
Use swipe card to buy lunch
Cons
Poor Management, horrible pay, alot of section leaders shouldnt be section leaders.
if I could I give 0 stars
grunt (Former Employee) –  plant 215 December 2016
Worked here 16 years was a decent company to work for in early 2000s benifits you pay for over 500 a year .mandatory Saturdays to support over time. Poor pay rate . Management is horrible hence the crazy turn over rate in workers .run the other way I would not recommend working here .
Pros
it's a job
Cons
..very poor management .wage is a joke. over worked.
95% turnover is being generous
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 October 2016
When you hire over 300 employees and only 60 something stay, that speaks volumes. Lack of professionalism very evident in the way business is conducted. Mature workers with experience seem to put management on edge as opposed to young inexperienced workers who are gullible and easily controlled. Deceit and treachery are often tactics that are often employed. Nepotism is rampant and any benefits are negated by an extremely toxic environment. Benefits are meager and the pay is anemic.
Pros
Cons
The good is at best subtle and nonexistent.
Poor place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 September 2016
They expect way to much from people and treat you like trash.They pay very little and you soon find out that the company has all kinds of ways to extract even more money off of your wages.the give older workers jobs that they can not do physically and they end up injured.some very very hard workers in that place who are expected to pick up pace to held the people who do very little.This happens all the time and the good worker ends up hurt or leaving.I could go on and on but a 95% turnover rate is all you really need to know.I did meet some great people there and that is the only good thing I can really say about my time there.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor pay, Not treated well at all, No organization what so ever, Never do what you were hired for, Rip you off on wages, Make people do jobs they are not physically able to do.
worst company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON29 August 2016
they slowly take money off of your pay and keep it. they are scam artists. i would not work here if my life depended on it. you are better off working fast food for the rest of your life
95% turnover for a reason
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON12 July 2016
There is a reason why their turnover rate is 95%. Staff is treated quite poorly by middle management and upper management is basically non exsistant. You pay a price for being competent, if you do your job well you are expected to pick up the slack for those who do very little, which is many. The work is hard and the reward is little.
Pros
Wont be fired for being a terrible employee...the turn over is too great to loose anyone.
Cons
Low pay, hard work, rotating shifts, very little respect from management
It was alright company.
Machine and Parts Inspection Specialist Co-op (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 March 2016
They have lot of work for people. people work hard and they get paid less. Its alright company, I wish they can do exactly like Honda
Dificult
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 February 2016
This job was to far out of town for me, and now that I have no car I am unable to be there. The shifts were long and hard also. Not much team work came from the other shift. I enjoyed the factory atmosphere but this was the wrong place for me personally.
Pros
people
Cons
lack of team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simcoe Parts Service Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1