Simcoe Parts Service Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst managed company in the Simcoe region
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 January 2018
A typical day at work is walking in finding a mess the last shift left and a bunch a of nasty notes in different areas explaining how they were short staffed and how its really our fault from previous shifts for leaving a mess. Very repetitive and lost of heavy lifting. Equipment has worn out batteries and die while a load in 20ft in the air because management keeps blaming floor employees aren't charging them correctly so in the whole political battle equipment doesn't get fixed.
The work place culture is horrible, management has brought the entire companie's morale to an all time low.. If you have any issues, and try to get help of HR thats another dead end, HR right away tries to tell you that its your fault. HR will never solve in issue without bringing your morale down even more and then write you up and think they solved a problem. HR will always LIE!.
Most enjoyable part of the job is our 20min lunch breaks.
Pros
hot cafeteria
Cons
HR department, Business unit manager civic plant, Honda support staff
Company lies, management lies
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 December 2017
I worked here for around 11 months , work is repetitve as expected but management is Hands down the worst I have ever seen, they have single handedly destroyed the morale of all the floor workers. HR is in bed with management there is no privacy or support from there end. As much as the company pretends to emphasize safety, it's all lie just a play for labor board, the moment we fall behind on the floor the supervisors and office managers lose it and safety goes out the door. Total high school environment and you have to work 8 years before hitting top rate of 18$ an hour totally worthless
Pros
Cons
HR and Management
Worst place to work / no support
RCC (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON10 December 2017
I worked here for about 6 months out of desperation of finding work, i wont even think twice next time before i refer anyone to this company, the work was difficult and repetitive, section leaders were pushed around by management so all there frustrations were taken out on us floor employees. Training is horrible and supervisors and management stand there on there phones and point and tell you that you are slow. HR is a whole new story as they dont care about your safety or issues on the floor, they like to pretend to care and simply tell you to learn to work with your supervisor. Safety standards are useless because they dont care. Management manipulates and lies to labour board complaints
Pros
Cons
Management, Bum, Hr, ceo
very poor managed company from the top down
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 November 2017
the pay progression is over 10 years to get to top rate. the benefits you have to pay for yourself. bonuses they find ways to take away from you. the longer your there the worse you get treated. very high turn over rate and once you work there you will see why. as long as management keeps thinking and doing the same old things their use to nothing will ever get better. company is sinking with no life line in sight.
Pros
very little
Cons
too many
Stay away from this company - dont waste your life
Forklift Operator PSS (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 November 2017
a typical day at work would involve management sitting in the office pretending to care about how the floor runs. and when something goes wrong its not management but its the labours fault that works hard all day to help meet the company's goal.

i learned to not ever work with this company and i take it as my civic duty to tell all future people who need a career to stay away. This company will manipulate you.

Management/HR , Where do i start, hands down the worst management and HR ever. Management cares more about parts running to Honda then about the safety on the floor. God forbid you get hurt on the floor and they will make sure the nurses tell you that your ok. HR is in bed with management they will never support the floor employees , they smile and pretend like they do but they will slap you with a write up because you tripped over a bin that management advised to unsafely keep.

Worst company morale i have ever seen. People actually hate working here but force them selves because they have families to feed. SPS = Stupid people stay

hardest part of the job is dealing with your 2 faced lying section leaders and BUM and management.

Enjoyable part of the job was our 30min lunch which is actually 23-25mins because walking from one end of the plant to the other takes forever.
Pros
Cons
- Management, - Hr, - honda support staff
High turnaround, poorly managed.
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 November 2017
I worked there many years ago so I write this review a little out dated but judging by the current reviews, it seems nothing has changed. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with however the team leaders were the absolute worst. Very unsupported, very cruel to anyone new coming in. A very toxic environment filled with lifers who don't have the drive to do anything else or newer people who come and go so fast by the time you train them in their job their either flushed out or quit.
Pros
Good blue collar people to work with
Cons
Poorly managed, toxic environment from supervisors and team leaders
labour
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 October 2017
i missed driving the fork lifts and working in different parts of the company other then having your schedule changed and kind of feeling stress on your body from switching to days and nights shifts.
Shocking Hillbilly Company!
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON25 October 2017
Alas. where do I begin?

Nepotism, cronyism and favoritism seems to be the order of the day here.

Low pay, poor treatment

Shoddy training.............Poor benefits...... Exhaustive work........

The culture ..........sclerotic hopeless and downbeat, nothing works and nobody cares.

Good luck!................you will need it.
Pros
Cons
Endless
if I could I give this company O STARS
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Aliston19 October 2017
Job is ok at best. Management has no clue how to run a company.
Wages suck . Safety standards throw them out the door.not inforced by management unless somthing happens.
Vary unfair treatment unless ur realated or in the same click as team leaders and supervisors. Company finds ways to take money off your check. Benifits you pay for no choice in the matter. And they aren't worh what u pay for
Hard to get holidays, have stupid rules on that issue.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
poor treatment of workers wages are a joke management is non existing.
Mixed Feelings
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON10 July 2017
Overall this is a great place to work. I really enjoy the people on my team. However, the management system doesn't seem to be working very well. They do not follow procedures and they don't put priority on advancing their own staff within the company. Not much room to grow there.
I pity you if you work here
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 June 2017
I work here for about 4 years
I kept my head down but saw many deporable actions from management
Work was extremely easy once your used to routines and some people are great to work with but the bullying here tends to keep all the good people looking for new jobs.
I ultimately left this job to look for better but not before making sure the ministry of labour had an idea of what kinda of dungeon they have. Sorry if you work there now or plan to in the future, you will need a tough skin and too kiss a lot of butt too survive.
Pros
Good people, cafeteria food
Cons
Management, endless overtime
Stressing on the mind and body with long shift work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 May 2017
Working at SPS isn't the ideal place to work, sure its a job with a decent pay every week but the most you will get out of it is getting machine licences and managing in a rushed environment. All in all it's an experience that I wouldn't take back but not one I would like to work in again.
Pros
Gives you a look on how to manage your time and push to get things done
Cons
Long shift work early and late
job security, poorly treated
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 April 2017
This company has job security yes. Job wages are unfair, 9 levels of permanent status in order to reach max benefits, wages etc. Unfair treatment, unsafe acts are not dealt with, favoritism and bullying from team leaders exists. It is swept under the rug and not dealt with. Turn over rate in this company is at an all time high. attendance and absenteeism are monitored and is strict. There is no flexibility for illnesses or tardiness. Associates not abiding by this policy are placed on a stage of written warnings.
Pros
yearly christmas party, also associate appreciation lunches twice a year.
Cons
unfair treatment, bullying, attendance policy etc.
Not a good place to work.
Material Handling Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 April 2017
The people here are great. Very friendly, strong team environment. However, anyone in a position higher than a regular associate is awful to work with. Section leaders will tell you one thing but do the opposite, then deny that they told you anything different. You could be a model associate for years (without recognition) but the first time you do something wrong you'll be written up, no matter the severity. Also, if management is going to get in trouble for something but they can find a way to blame you, they will. I left SPS because I was tired of feeling like I was in prison. The pay is bad, the management is bad, the hours are good if you don't want to have any sort of life (by the way you have no say in that matter, if they want you to work a saturday, you're working the saturday.) This isn't a bad place to work for a few months while you look for something better, but don't expect to be a happy person working here past your 6 month hiring probation. SPS will suck the life out of you.
Pros
Lots of Hours, Plenty of Good Coworkers
Cons
Corrupt, Bad Pay, Boring, Monotonous
Typical Day On The Job
Current Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 March 2017
The days go by quick as there are good people to work with. There are different processes to go through, forklift and tow buggy's. I like my team, we make it fun
Pros
good team, decent pay for work involved, rotations of shifts
Decent Work enivroment, morale needs inprovement
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 March 2017
While the line managers where friendly and helpful when needed the general employee moral was sub-par with hints of disregard for supervisory safety procedures.
Great Company Culture
IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 March 2017
I enjoyed the helpful culture that is promoted here. People are hard working, from management to floor.
The pass the buck job culture is not here. Everyone pitches in to help. Nobody says not my job.
Pros
Great Culture and benefits
Cons
Overtime
Compared to others it's ok.
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON28 February 2017
The work can be physical, but you are also driving tugger and forklift.
The pay is about the same as every other place around here, but if you stay you get automatic raises every year. They also have attendance bonus which can add to your pay and all you have to do is go to work.
I think a lot of the reviews on here are kids that have not worked many real jobs. This is the way is works in the real world people.

This is the best job security around. With Honda, you know the company isn't going anywhere.

I moved out of town or I would still be working there.
Pros
Bonus, regular pay increase, drive equipment, stable job
Cons
Wished it paid more
Good team
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 February 2017
Good people to work with, wages are comparable to other similar places I have worked. Attendance bonuses are an easy extra few bucks and add up quickly!!
Pros
Cafeteria, bonuses, freedom, people
Cons
rotating shifts
Not a good place to stay at
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 February 2017
Typical day at work consists of getting in trouble for nothing. What i learned at SPS is that if you are at the bottom of the chain of command you will get yelled at no matter what you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simcoe Parts Service Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7